Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Good morning! Today is my last 'normal' day in Colorado. Tomorrow the packers pack us up so the computer will be disconnected. I am taking Grandma out today, I am thinking that will be a challenge for both of us as it will be the last time I see her before moving. I plan on coming back often to see her but it won't be the same to her.

I am so upset with my HOA (remember I worked for them at the rec center). I found out from my friend that I worked with (and that went to Hawaii with me) that the HOA put a $500 lein or escrow on my house closing because my street tree had died, it came back from the root and is a small tree now. They just slapped this fine on me without even telling me about it. Had my friend not told me we wouldn't have found out til closing and then had issues. I think I was at least owed the courtesy of being notified! I am not asking for special favors or considerations as an employee but just don't do stuff like that behind someones back! GRRRR So now with a million things to do already, we have to go tree shopping and plant a tree TODAY!

Meredith, so happy to see you! Post more often!

Melissa, congrats on becoming an aunt!

Janet, hope your day at work is quieter with bossman gone!

Apples, I bet all the flowers look beautiful!

Hey Meredith! Nice to see your post. And, I see you are not too far from reaching your goal. Way to go, girl! Miss your posts. Would love to see you more often. Hope life is good. Congrats on your graduation.

Melissa...congrats on being an Auntie. Get on that new plan for a healthy life so you can be a healthy Auntie and play with that little one. As Janet said...You can do this! You just gotta get back to that way of eating you had when you lost your first 60lbs. We all care.

Laura...all those first are difficult, aren't they? We don't take your emotional upset lightly. Any of us who have been through it know exactly where you are coming from.

What a good idea to switch it up and get DH to comit to some training with you. Change is good. My workouts are not scheduled but I get them every day. Part of my daily life around here. There are times I am envious of you guys and your gym appts.

That Nels will be back home b/4 you know it full of info on the day spent at the zoo. Big boy going off without momma. Big day at your house.

Great...gonna miss you when your computer is gone. I agree...the least your HOA could have done was inform you so that you could have made plans to do what was necessary b/4 this time. Ppl can be just plain poops sometimes. Hang in there.

Have a great day with GM. I know all these goodbyes are tough on you. Just keep in mind that you are just stepping into the next phase of your life. As I stated yesterday, you are so lucky to be able to fly back often to visit. And, I know you feel a lack of appreciation by certain family members. This move will be a test of whether they will step up to the plate and take care of GM. Just make sure GM has a backup plan (home health, etc) in your absence.

Our feet hit the floor early but had rain during the night so DH spent a couple of hours over coffee this morning. Was nice. I needed to rehash a few things with him and obsess again over some family stress that I am having. Had a good bawl and now feel much better. Poor DH. He hates it when I fall apart. But, I have my way of doing it....just rant, cry and get on with my day. It worked. I feel much better. Still pissed but I can function again. You can pick your friends........you all know how the saying goes. Asses.

Thanks for listening....I feel even better now that I used those swear words.

Beautiful day here. Sun is shining, got adequate rain for the newly planted crops and might even find time to get out and ride my bike today. Extremely windy so will just have to see. Made up a "ride the bike" song for my dog (I know, I'm weird). He runs along beside me smiling, ears flopping. I just know he's singing a "biking with my mom" song in his head.

Better get back to work. Computer work, laundry day and then off to town for the afternoon to run farm errands, bank, etc. You all have a good one.

Jessica...do you care for Greek yogurt? There are so many ways to doctor up the plain. Also, Yopliat has a Greek yogurt now in diff flavors. Not sure of the carbs in those though. And, if you are craving ice cream type treats, how about just making a very thick small protien drink made with fruit and vanilla powder????? I freeze fruit and use that instead of ice. Easy to make and a nice/cool treat.

I did try the greek yogurt. It was plain because the flavored ones were too many carbs. I didn't like it. Doc says no fruit too. He is really strict on the carbs. Less than 30 and only meat, cheese and some veggies are allowed. He gives specific instructions on no yogurt too The weight is coming off but once I get to maintenace I will add at least fruit into the mix.

NSV ALERT!!!!!!!!

95.5 degrees at 5pm (was warmer earlier) and extremely humid here today. Worked out in the yard for a couple of hours this afternoon. It didn't wear me down and I'm not even sure if I broke a sweat. 2 yrs ago it would have killed me.

Congrats on feeling so good.

Hey everyone i went to the Doc I was 219 I confessed that I have been off track no working out eating crap . FYI it cost me $95 everytime I go to him. We talked for a little bit we did not tighten me cause I am tight as I can get and really the band is working if I eat correctly. He wanted me to stick with eating solid Protein 3ozs this will stay in my band longer and i will stay fuller longer. I asked about going back on shakes like I did in the begining but he said the shakes will go through the band faster however I stated I need to do something to get the crappy food out of my system. He said a shake is always better than reaching for junk food and if I wanted to do 3 shakes a day for 1-2 weeks than it is okay but he wanted me to work to get back with regular food. And to eat 1000 calories or less a day. 30 mins each day of exercise and keep my heart rate up the whole time. And he wanted me to start little bit of strength training. So all in all it was good and he was glad that i came and saw him instead of not seeing him at all.

So July 02 is my goal to be below 200

Thank you all for all your advice you are such wonderful friends.

I still went to work which was a good thing because my sister showed up and brought me a sonagram and told me she was 3 months pregnant she is due in Dec. I was so excited I cried. I can't belive it. She is 1 1/2 yrs yonger than me. I get to be an Aunt yeah!!! I love babies.

So glad your appointment went well and congratulations on becoming an aunt.

Morning all,

Got my exercise in this morning and had the yogurt for Breakfast. It went down fine. I have an appt this afternoon with my son's teacher. She is meeting with all the parents to go over somethings with us now that the year is wrapping up.

I realized (by reading WFG) that I am eatting at the computer for Breakfast and lunch because I feel lonely. I am here by myself all day and am reading post and watching friends youtube videos while I eat. So I am trying to eat at the table by myself and be aware of how fast and how much I am eatting. I have been numbing myself with food for so long I am afraid to actually allow myself to feel. Loneliness won't kill me for 20 minutes while I eat and it is better than being numb and fat. I knew I was feeling a bit left out and have been trying to get friends to come over or go to the beach with me. I am not really close to anyone so I keep getting put off by people. They say sure we can get together I let you know when but they never do. One lady keeps asking me to babysit so she can go out with her other friends. My hubby told me not to sit for her anymore and I think he is right. Plus I am not the greatest person with kids. Hopefully I'll meet some people at school next semester. It just makes for a long summer for me and Jake to be by ourselves the whole time.

Jessica - wow, another tool. Eating without TV (for me) focus on food. Thanks.

Regarding invitation - I learned from a dear friend about DEFINITE invitations. Want to go to the beach on Wednesday or Thursday about 11 and take a lunch and play frisbee???

Gives the other person one of two choices and a specific destination and events. Might be worth a try. I also love including the time.

Janet - congrats on seeing 136. I forget that you also have victories that are weight related. Just think of you as accomplished and finished working so hard. I know better, but tend to forget that maintaining can be more difficult than losing.

Lori - sorry about the tree and more importantly that friend failed to mention it allowing you the opportunity to handle w/o a fine.

Time for lunch. Hard boiled eggs today.

Hi all.

Its been about a week...so Ill need an update. lol Cant possibly read a week and halfs posts so can someone post a basic update??

Fire Island was great. The share house worked out great. The four families worked out amazing and all the kids by the end of the week were all buddies...

My daughter and one of the other families son who is her age got on amazingly as they were reading the same series book. Percy Jackson and they were just chit chatting the whole week about it. lol

The last night they were up till about 1AM just talking about that and who knows what but they fell asleep together on the couch in the living room area. They were so cute. I think this was her first intro to "boys" as she goes to a school in which the classes are seperated.

My mother...well she fared okay. Thought that she was going to hate it but ended up faring well....considering she was the resident grandma for all the kids. lol

Im real happy with my room which is a seperate guest room from the house with own bath and shower...far away from the noise of the main house. It was nice not to wake up from little ones screaming in the next bedroom or sharing a bathroom with 10 other people. Yes, this arrangement is quite acceptable. lol

I wouldnt have taken this share if it wasnt set up like this..Im too old to share a house with little kids and lots of people in my face all day and night...I need some respite from all that....so this is just perfect. I could escape to take a nap and whatever whenever..and dont need to worry about being woken or disturbed.

The food situation worked well....I bought most of the foods and prepared most of the main foods. I made sure there were healthy Snacks and no junk stuff. Fresh fruit, cheeses and grains...etc. Lots of times when you do shares the junk food comes along with as well as loads of take out....neither of which will work for me..

Everyone seemed happy with the choices and no one really cared that there was no cheese doodles, potato chips, Cookies and cakes galore.

All the adults were happy to help with prep and cleanups. Best....there was plenty of food extra to freeze for this coming weekend so need to bring food again out and waste the beutiful weather cooking and preparing.

The weather well it wasnt great for the first days....it poured turentially. Not good when going on ferry to Island where you are shlepping suitcases and shopping for four families for a week.

But after settling in the first day in the rain..the next day started clearing and by the third day it was gorgeous.

Shopping for crafts and such is always fun this weekend of the year....the town where we are always have an anual craft and flea market...my favorite kind.

All the stores just opened for the first time this weekend as well and we enjoyed checking out each on Friday and Sunday. Bought several pieces of hand made jewerly two necklaces and a Bracelet. Spent way too much money but well...I just had to have them. lol

The beach was fabulous the kids spent the week buggy boarding.....they had a great time!!

Well...that was our week in a nut shell.

We have ten weekends now till the end of summer and this weekend kicks off the beginning of the summer season so to say...this past weekend was a preempt...so to say...but Memorial weekend is when all the shares begin so....am excited going to be sharing my room with my friend Renne who is also single and Dassi.

We will have four weekends without Dassi while she is in camp. That should be fun and interesting ...havent had a vacation without.

Well.......it was back to reality on Monday morning and just got finished doing the laundry cleanup and organizing so thought I would post as a reward for getting it all together.

Going to Surgeon tomorrow and all the other doctors at the same time....as they are all in the same area.

Hoping to get a fill as I didnt loose any weight this past two weeks and well...am eating more then usual then since banded.

Havent really eaten badly but deff more. Lost 40 llbs.

so far and its been two and half months...so hoping that ill get a fill and that will help with the portions again.

oh and of course I didnt exercise all week...I walked and walked however that apparently didnt count...lol

Im not upset. I just am getting back on board and today going to trainer and tomorrow and maybe Thursday.

SO.....will try to read all posts but not tonight.

Have a date.....not looking forward turns out I know this guy,...he was my BFF in col friend. lol I didnt know this until he said what his last name was. I just laughed. I told him who I was and he still wanted to go out...so how can I say no??? So, we are going. A friend set us up and well..how could they know? NY is a small place for Jewish single adults who are semi religious to real religious. lol

Who knows....maybe he turned cool over the years...its been about 20 years. Is it possible? Wait..maybe I have gotten uncool. Then we will be a perfect match.

Dought it..didnt really like him then...dont suppose that will change...but hey im willing to meet.

I sent an e-mail to my friend from Col and told her this story....im sure she is having a good laugh.

okay......Little boy is up and got to get back to work.

Have a great day all.

Hope all had a great week.

Jods

Jodi,

Glad you had a good start to your weekend vacations.

Too funny about the date. Maybe he was a late developer and is a hottie now. Have fun.

Laura K

Melissa, Congrats on your becoming an Aunt!! I have always loved being an Auntie and am very close to all my neices/nephews even though we've always lived thousands of miles apart. It's a very special relationship. Congrats also on going to the doctor and asking him for help and being brave and honest - that's a big step for us food addicts and I'm proud of you for that! I think the advice given by everyone was wonderful -- we all need to hear those words -- Peaches I love hearing all the OA advice -- thanks again.

Apples, sounds like your place at the lake is the most beautiful one there. Sorry about your family issues, I understand -- I'm like you, need to rant, swear and cry and then I'm okay too. Love thinking of the dog singing - I bet it's true too!

Jessica - so proud of you -- wtg on the 50 lbs. -- you are just amazing and you've overcome so many obstacles - so impressed with you and all you've been through. Sorry you're feeling lonely - maybe you could meet some other mom's through some play dates for your son? Just trying to think of ways to meet new people. I know it's hard -- that's why working is always good - whenever I moved I always felt like I knew people -- cause I knew them through work and sometimes became friends with some co-workers.

PJ so happy to see you on line -- sounds like you're doing good with Janet's help -- keep up the good work!

Julie, have a safe trip -- hope you have a painless one -- please take care of yourself and enjoy your Grandkids!!!

I woke up Sat. pretty sick - very bad sore throat -- had strep and then it went to my chest -- now it's in my nose -- everyday it moves -- on antibiotics and trying to take it easy - but at work of course (have no time that I can use for being sick). I hate being sick -- I did do a little cardio Sunday but not much, hopefully by tomorrow will feel well enough to get to the gym. Trying to just get rest so I will get better. Went to the camp ground on Sunday to secure a campsite - they don't take reservations at this one -- so first come, first served. We wanted one near the playground so we can watch GD play from our site -- we got a nice one -- so paying for 8 days but only camping for 4 - oh well, it's worth it on a holiday weekend. Called the camper rental people yesterday - they will deliver Thursday late afternoon and told DH we can stay in it Thurs. at no charge, so DH and I will go out Thurs. night and get all set up and rest of family will come on Friday afternoon. Looking forward to getting a tan and reading a couple of books.

Eva, welcome back sounds like you had a great trip.

LauraK, date sounded good, I agree, take home the food -- why be wasteful? I take food home all the time -- I always order a regular meal and enjoy the leftovers. My DH b-day is 4-21 and mine is 4-22 -- but I'm 3 years older -- I always say that's why we got married - so we Celebrate together - it's kinda nice in many ways. LOL So no, I don't think it's that weird that you share a b-day.

Cheri, very interesting info you gave us -- I definetly don't have Myofascial Pain Syndrom (from your description) but do have Fibromylgia (was diagnosed 10 years ago). But it's interesting that at the end of your post you stated that lowering carbs can lower pain because I swear that I don't suffer anywhere near as badly as before surgery -- and right after surgery is when I went completely off all white carbs -- I seldom eat any The only carbs I eat every day are fruits and veggies. So that's very intriging -- maybe that's why I feel so much better. Thanks for the information!

Joyce, you were asking about carbs -- the nutritionist at my surgeon's office wrote in black magic marker across the top of our nutrition information pages in big letters "White carbs are NOT required for balanced nutrition" so that was my first hint that eating bread, potatoes, rice, etc., is just "extra" food that we don't need. Yes, we "want" it -- it's what most of us foodies truly crave, but once I got away from it I really don't miss it that much. I haven't been able to eat bread for a long time due to restriction (and that's a good thing). But I didn't like just the bread, potato, Pasta or the rice - It was the butter, gravy, sauce, sour cream, or cheese that I truly loved. Just eating plain bread, muffin, Pasta, potato or pizza crust isn't really that exciting. I used to eat "butter with a little bread on it" rather than bread with a little butter on it I used to buy butter at Sam's Club -- 3 or 4 lbs in one package and I would buy at least 3 pkgs every time we went -- and we went about every 6 weeks or so -- so we were eating more butter than I even realized. Wow, that's a lot of butter. No wonder DH has also lost weight since I quit cooking for him every day. It's natural when we're planning a meal to think, okay, we'll have the meat, salad, this veggie, and what fabulous potato, macaroni or rice dish to go with that? I still think that way when planning a meal for guests. Since I have reached my sweet spot if I try to eat a little bit of a carb - like a baked potato or a little rice or pasta (like in a Lean Cuisine) I get so full after a few bites that I can't eat at all-- so truly you have to eat your Protein and veggie first when you get to your sweet spot cause if you don't, you won't get enough good stuff in to keep your nutritional needs up. I think that's why it's good to practice not eating those things at every meal early on and why our doctor's say "protein first". It's a learning process, but that's what I have learned. As has been said many times before, we're all different but thought I'd just share what's been my personal experience.

Meredith, so good to see you. How's the house? Congrats on 87 lbs.!! That's great!! Hope you'll post again soon -- how's Andrew and the new house? Think of you often. Congratulations on graduation!!

We had 93 and very humid yesterday - storm this a.m. and temps dropped to 70! Supposed to be nice -- high 80s and sunny from Thursday on. I'm like you Apples, since the weight loss I love it hot -- humidity doesn't bother me any more either -- but if it drops below 80, I feel chilly in the shade. Very weird as I hated the heat my entire life.

Lori, sorry about the snow - wow, never heard of snow that late in SLC. Really was shocking. Hope the move goes smoothly -- thinking of you. Sorry about the tree and that HOA -- I understand -- just really hate being treated that way.

Janet, you and Simon Cowell? LOL. You're much nicer than he would be I think. Congrats on 136 -- I'd like to get down there, I'm sure I will. Trying to learn patience. I am losing inches, but sure would like to see the scale move sometimes too. I have to keep reminding myself to be patient.

As far as the buffets go, I still enjoy eating at them - I find lots of band friendly buffets -- but I never go near the Desserts - I tell myself I'll have my treat when I get home and that's enough to satisfy me so I stay away from the Desserts (except on vacation, then I do allow myself a few treats on vacation). Plus, if you show your lap band card, it's kid's price, so I feel I get my money's worth when I'm paying 1/2 the price.

Laura, hope Nelson had a great time at the zoo - sorry you weren't allowed to go. It's hard watching our babies grow up.

Okay, everyone, gotta get back to work I've been writing on and off since 8:30 a.m. -- cbl.

Linda

Laura,

Had to smile as I read your post.... remembering! We have 4 kids with only 6 yr spread between oldest and youngest. So.. by the time the 4th one went to kindergarten... I literally danced in the street!! LOL! The neighbors got a kick out of it! I have to say, the youngest was also our biggest challenge and I SO needed a few hours break!

Good workout at the pool today. My PT seems to be somewhat more rigorous than our Water aerobics in the winter. Back is a little achy. She told me to stay off the bike today because she ramped up my exercises a little and she wants to know how it feels tomorrow.

Having trouble getting food down the past couple of days. Had a small steak last night and it was a challenge. Having cole slaw and one rye crisp cracker with lite cream cheese, smoked salmon on it and been working on it for over 1/2 hour with most of the cole slaw still in my bowl! I made a huge container of it yesterday... for dressing.. mostly white balsamic vinegar, several packets of splenda and a couple of TBSP of lite Best Foods mayo. It's really good. I don't like it creamy. Today I put a few fresh strawberries on top.

Hi all, you've been so busy....so much news to absorb.

Pam and Meredith, so glad to have to two chime in... Welcome home.....

Laura, empty nest syndrome is so hard at first, but it grows on you after a while... By this time I rather enjoy it...........ours have all come back at some point or another.... This is just your first little taste... You have years to go to enjoy that boy grow and become a wonderful man........

Jessica, you sound like my daughter with the friend thing... With this last job she got everything turned around. She met people who really fit into her life and enjoy her for who she really is... This will happen for you , too.... Just keep an open mind and soon things will fall into place for you....

Jodi, your time away sounds awesome and a bit tiring for this old lady.... glad it was so much fun for you...

Linda, the camping sounds fun... It's never been my bag, but always been fat and never comfortable on any camping gear and such... Will have to try it again someday...

Apples, glad you got to vent to DH this morning... That must have been what that rain was all about... Now things will be better again.... Your big weekend is coming up and I'm sure you are looking forward to it...

Lori, just blow it off......don't let someone else's stupidity ruin your last days here.. Enjoy time with your GM and get ready for your new life....

Phyll, you must have been one busy lady with kids that close together.... I only raised one and it was hard some days by myself....

All you other gals, hope you are having good days.... DH has been painting my kitchen today...... Victory Red on one wall.... Looks awesome..... my house looks like a cyclone ran through here, but he wall looks great... Will wait a bit to help him put things back... Need to clean a bit.

Had a rough night last night, so I'm very tired today.. Been very lazy.... folded some laundry... have to get ready to pack bags for our trip.... Taking my mother to Bismarck tomorrow, so will have time to pick up a few incidentals for the trip... DH needs his snacks.... Sunflower seeds are his favorite..... and red licorice....

You all have a great night and I'll try to be back tomorrow... Love to all................ Julie

I am home from the day with Grandma, it went real well. DH even met us for lunch, and yes we went to the buffet! LOL I even decided to treat myself to dessert today and was going to make myself a brownie sundae and wouldn't you know it the ice cream machine was out of vanilla and I hate chocolate ice cream so VOILA no dessert! Saved by the ice cream dispenser. LOL

Apples, I can so relate to family issues. I had one of those mornings with DH venting about mine this morning, vent, get ticked, shed a few tears and then I am okay. G'ma will be good, she is on a home health type plan and they take her to the center for doc visits, deliver, RX's etc. She was asking when I am coming back today and I had a hard time committing to a date so tried to be vague. I plan on coming back often, but this first one just not so sure how soon as I want to get settled in there as well.

Tree Update, new $230 tree is planted. GRRRRRRR

Just wanted to stop in and say "hi"! I have been the worst LBT poster ever! So sorry! I think of all of you all of the time. Especially when I'm trying to explain to others how this whole thing works. You gals are the only ones that understand!

Love you!

Meredith

Meredith - Missed you girl I hope all is well.

Thanks everyone for the advice and help love you guys

Hey Gang..

Hugs to everyone - I have been on skypes w/family so it's cut into my computer time

Need to go feed the dogs - see what I am going to eat and watch dancing w/the stars from last night

Will try and cbl

Linda - how I hate to give up my white starch (mashed potatoes) - but you have settled it. They have to go. All the ladies have explained it to me.

Interesting that my doctor does not stress any foods - just does the surgery - and we have to figure it out.

My friends here in KC say I do more research than anyone. So great to have all of you here for reference.

High 80's every day this week and humid. Love hearing from those who are no longer bothered by the heat. My day will come.

Phyll...coleslaw recipe sounds good. I am the only one that eats it in our house so it doesn't get made very often. Will need to try yours for a change. I love to put pineapple and celery seed in mine.

Linda...have a GREAT camping trip. We took our sons camping since the time they were babies. We started in a medium sized Winnebago, went to a pull type and then just moved up from there. We have many good memories and stories the boys are now telling me about sneaking off as young teens after we went to sleep. Devils. Always thought they were just the sweetest young thing. Yeh right.

Hope you kick this cold/flu b/4 your big weekend. I get ya on the butter consumption thing. I, too, don't know what I did with all the butter I used to buy. Guess it went into everything I cooked. Now it is rare if it ever makes it's way into the house.

Joyce...giving up those white starches can only be a move in the right direction. Does not mean you can never have them again. Just plan for special times, etc. Giving them up totally will let you see if they actually are affecting your scale. Worth a try. I will ditto what Linda said about hardly missing them after awhile. Kind of like when you wean yourself off of sweets. The cravings get few and far between.

Great...I guess that brownie sundae was not meant to be. Most ppl would have eaten it anyway. You had the willpower to not do it. Way to go!

Julie...aren't you the daring one with Victory Red walls in your new kitchen! You'll need to share some photos when the project is done.

Hi Jodi...sounds like you had quite the week. Hope you are having fun on your date. Maybe this guy from your past will not be as you remember. I had a guy that I dated in college contact me a couple of months ago. Newly single and in hopes that I was also single. Nope...pretty much married and I never heard from him again. Not even a little visit. Must have scared him.

Huge day and not going to bore everyone with what was accomplished. Ran into a friend that owns one of my favorite clothing shop. He is closing it down. Bummer. Not that I need anything but he had such unique items. He is having a going out of business sale next week and every item is $5. I think he is selling things a bit too cheap. He said he has a group of things that he set aside for me. He was going to NY and buying just one of a kind items. Been in business for two years and has great fashion sense. Just not what ppl around here are wearing. I have some great pieces in my closet from his store.

Well, off to do my crossword puzzles for the day. Hope you all have a good evening. Sending the love

It is so good to be back, and ty all for welcoming me back. Never should have left....I have learned my lesson.

For all of you that don't know, I'm in the middle of a divorce. Lost my home, my family is split up and its been really hard. I'm now living with my Mom until things are finalized. I was unhappy in my marriage for a long time, but...I wanted the family together. Hubby lost his job in November 2008 and things went downhill after that. I do miss him still, but its like you would miss a best friend. We will be married 41 years in July. Hopefully when this is over we can be best friends, he wanted that until I filed for divorce. :smile2:

1/2 lb down since my talk with Janet....Yea!!!! lol

hugs to you all.....Pj