Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

indiogirl55, since I found the post "August miles challenge" I have joined with them so I have to be accountable to someone besides myself. Tonight I walked 2.25 miles and last night I walker 1.5 miles, so I will try my very best to keep this up. Now I feel like I have more of a support system here! I intend to walk 15 miles be the end of august. I think I can do it then I plan to go to Sept with them also. It has motivated me enough to get off my butt! BTW I think you are a geat inspiration to have. Thanks for welcoming all the newbies and helping us all with your great advice.

Continuing with my last post.....

Meredith, congrats on the end of a semester. Hope your friend is doing better. I like your posts...they are interesting to read and fun. Keep posting just like you are. I also like turtles or I should say tortoises. I have three Mojave desert tortoises. Mom, Dad, and Junior. I will probably have more come September or October....time will tell. Mom (Delila) lays the eggs in her burrow and I can't really see in there, so I never know if there will be babies or not. Hey, don't beat yourself up over the extra food. No, it's not the best choice, but you aren't going to do it every day. You will eat properly the next day and the following day. You learn from your mistakes and guilt doesn't help. You have been doing great and will continue to do so.

Janet, congrats on the kitties. I bet they are so cute. I love cats and dogs, but really limit myself to one of each. Since we travel a bit, it's hard to have someone come watch all the critters (cat, dog, torotises, fish, and I feed the wild birds). So will the babies sleep in your room? Hope they don't keep you up all night again. As for the cleaning....I pay someone to do that for me...twice a month. I'm really going to miss that if i retire.

Gitrdone, welcome. Funny thing, I just had a fill Saturday and the doctor told me not to worry about calories, just about eating slowly, small bites, chewing well, and not drinking afterwards. He said the weight will come off because you are eating so much less. I'm not sure I can let go of the calorie thing....I know it has everything to do with the weight loss.

Laura, this roller coaster your Dad is on and you and your family is so frustrating. I'm really sorry you all are going through this. I'm not very religious either, but I am praying for you and your family.

Julie, Congrats on your one year bandiversary! 101 pounds is amazing especially with all the other stuff you've gone through. I think you've done amazing. I hope you are able to join us in February. I think it will be a wonderful time.

Hi Linda....you have probably been here before and I missed your posts. It's nice getting to know you.

Doodlebug....we flew into Little Rock, but my SIL lives in Clarksville so that's where we spent the majority of the time.

I stayed too long at my sister's tonight and now it's 11:30 and I have to work tomorrow. So I'll continue with the catch up tomorrow. Have a great night everyone.

Eva

Hi

My husband's nickname for me is blondie. I am new to this website myself. I am being banded Thursday. I am excited and nervous. Really need to change my life for health reasons. Also, tired of being the fat girl.

Good Morning, Got DGS off to school and have a little spare time so I'll try to catch up some more!

Mrs. B~~~ so sorry to hear about your DD, I can't even start to imagine how she must have felt after losing her BFF !! She must have sooo scared, just happy both her and your DGD are o.k. !!

Octo~~~ Yea, I know where Clarkville is. I live in the North Central part of Ark.

Melinda~~~~ I never thought about going to a post motivation on walking !! That is really a good idea ! I'm going to try that to get me walking again ! I have joined other posts,also, but this one is the best as far as helping me out and listening !! These ppl are just wonderful !!

Linda~~~~ hope every thing goes well at your DGD's appointment and yours also !! We do what we have to do when it comes to our little ones, don't we? They always come first !!

Well, I woke up this morning and I think my shingles have come back !!! I've noticed the last day or two a rash on my back and under my arm, it really doesn't itch that much, so I know it's not poison ivy, and it sorta hurts when I touch it, and it's spreading !! But just on my right side. I had them a few yrs ago, on the r. side of my fore head and it feels like the same thing !!! So I'm going to make an appointment for tomorrow.

Well, that was weird !! My computer just posted and I wasn't ready !! I will ttyl Sharon

Edited by doodlebug11

Morning,

Does anyone know how to keep notifications from coming to my e-mail without eliminating them from coming to my user CP? My e-mail gets overwhelmed and its much easier to see if there's new posts on the various threads on my user cp.

Cheri

Good morning! I am back from camping and had a wonderful time and best part, NO BEARS. The 2nd best, the weather was PERFECT! Both my kids joined us on Sat. night so that was perfect too. You folks were busy posting while I was away, I read them all but can't even begin to catch up and respond to each one. Other than to say, welcome newbies, congrats to losers and 'bandiversaries', and hugs to strugglers with family, health, and other issues.

I did see a post or two about how to spell dessert. The way I always was taught to keep desert (the place Janet lives) and dessert (the yummy stuff) straight is that you always would like a 2nd piece of dessert so that's why it has 2 S's. :biggrin:

Off to the mall, meeting my son to help him pick out a shirt and tie for a big meeting at his work.

Good Morning Gang

Cheri - I don't get email notices - you can unck that box somewhere and still subscriped to a thread - That's how I do it... ok here you go - hit reply then scroll down past manage attachements - see the thread subscription - choose no email notifcation - but it will still be in your user cp :0)..

Sounds like everyone had a good weekend - well except Julies DD – but thankfully no injuries – Good luck on your fill this morning

Love the $900 a week / div 6 that’s 150 + air – I don’t care where we go – I do love the ocean though !!!

Shopping – well gf Debbie isn’t the shopper I am – I think Great is about the only other person who’s like me – Shoppers – Well Apples does her share too some time :0) Got home 5 p.m. – gf didn’t get anything – I got a Ralph Lauren top $75 for $22 and then another top and leggings..

Well boss just got in gotta get to work – cbl

Hi again, well, I woke up this morning realizing that when we rented that condo it was July, so it may cost more during the "season" in Feb., but we could still check out the prices anyway. So, sorry if I'm giving false hope on prices -- I didn't think about that until this morning. Gotta run and get to my Water aerobics class. CBL Linda

Hey guys~

Linda, wow, you had an gulf front condo for $900 a week? Even in July that is a great deal. I lived on the Gulf in Clearwater Beach the year before I got married. Just LOVE it. OK... here is a web site. Vacation rentals beach house rentals Clearwater Beach Florida Tampa Bay

Here's the deal though with BEACH rentals during the high season. It's almost unheard of to get less than a week's rental. (Where in Orlando they will do it by the night with a 2 day min.) How many people can stay longer than the weekend? Take a look at the houses. They are looking more like 2300-3500/week for a 5 bedroom. I don't think a 2 br condo would be big enough. We need to start a list of who is a definite so we can see what size place we need. I spoke to the manager of that rental company. I told her we were a group of health(y) professionals having a meeting. She said "what is your profession?" and I answered "nurse practitioner" and she went on and on about how she LOVES renting to groups of women b/c we are so neat and clean! LOL

DH took Nelson to a movie. Yeah! A few hours by mysef. I went to the Y this morning. 30 min step thread and 30 min legs. Oh yeah.. feeling better.

Great~ sounds like you had a great weekend. Glad no bears!

Doodles~ ouch! shingles is NOT fun! Hope you feel better!

Janet~ I love deals! WTG! How are the kitties?!

Welcome Jojo! Good luck with your upcoming surgery! We will be thinking about you!!!

ok.. time to enjoy my down time. LOL.. who am I kidding, I will go clean and fold laundry!

peasout~

Thanks Janet. We'll see if this works.

Janet...........checking in........no news on weight loss. I go to the nutrionist on thursday.

Laura ........still praying for your dad. Keep us informed.

Lori........glad you had a great camping trip. .......Is that your new favorite thing to do?

Yep, I know I am a food addict. I just ate cake for a third Sunday in a row. Not much, but it does trigger my sweet tooth. NOT GOOD!

I am scheduled for another tweak of a fill on thursday, but I am going to turn it down. I think I have more of a behavioral problem then a band problem.

Hey all,

Been so busy. I am doing well.

Peas - I am glad your dad is doing better

Janet - Congrats on the kitties

I am really want to go to Fl and meet everyone count me in as well.

I know I missed people I am still catching up.

FYI.......Janet, Lori, and band buds of "Big Medicine"........I just got an email from the Davis Clinic, and there will be a one hour special of Big Medicine in mid November on TLC. It will feature follow up of some of their patients that were on previous episodes.

Janet, interesting that you think I like to shop. But I guess I do now, I always hated it before as I hated trying stuff on and trying to find something that didn't make me look 'fat' as if that was possible at 305 lbs. :) But it's so fun now to go in any store and be able to find stuff that fits and sometimes that's even Mediums or size 8's. WOO HOO!! I got a M sweater today at Ann Taylor Loft, they didn't have the color I wanted in an L so tried on the M. It's tighter fitting but fits. DD says I wear things too loose the way it is.

Arlene, thanks for the update on Big Medicine. I miss that show and when they air the reruns now I think I've seen them all. No camping isn't my favorite thing to do. LOL But I do like getting away and the beautiful CO mountains and for the most part DH's cell phone doesn't work. LOL This past weekend was special as both my kids came up for the night, we were all 4 together. I have one trip left and that's Sept 18 to Rocky Mtn national park to hear the elk bugle and watch them fight. It's the 'rut' and those big bulls are fun to watch fighting for their harems. LOL We are going with some HS friends and my kids are joining us then too. I just pray it's not too awfully cold in a tent! Sept could be hot or it could be freezing! One never knows in CO

Lori, that sounds like an awesome trip. I just can't imagine my five kids and 9 grands getting along for 4 days. That would be a miracle.

Yeah, Dr. Davis hopes they want to do a 3rd series of shows. I love to watch the success stories. I see him on thursday for my year check-up. I am bad about taking Vitamins. I hope my blood work is good.

Your weight loss is awesome. CONGRATS!