Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Ok, being here with you guys is a huge boost for me! I've spent the last 4 years vegging and avoiding humans as much as possible. You guys have a great community here and I'll get the hang of it. Today though I'm catching up on 2 days posts :D.

Apples- your cucumber recipe sounds great, and a good way to sneak veggies past my DH and DS :thumbdown:.

Janet- I'm so sorry your last couple of days were s*ckie. Men-can't work for em....can't kill em :eek:.

Great-your name works for me! You have been elevated to hero in my book. Your lean and live in the Rockies :eek:.

IYSOY-oh YUM!! Will have to make that this weekend for the boys and I.

The link for your blog didn't work, could you resend it? Or send to walkonsis@aol.com for me, thanks! :)

Meredith-your not the only one without cable, my DH watches from the time he walks in the door til he turns out the light....what does he possibly need with a couple hundred channels?

I too have a cell phone....but don't use it except for incoming calls, and I do give it out to Dr's so I know anyone calling it I actually WANT to talk to.

Eva-hold on gf...we can commiserate with each other. I don't get my first fill til 9/10...and I'm hungrey NOW.:unsure:

Janet-hope your feeling WAY better today.

ljv52-wow GRATS! That's just awesome, can hardly wait.

Laura-what a CUTIE, hope Nelson had a great day at school.

Darn! Lost a very long post

Do I sound younger? Color, cut and highlights done. Came home, put on cute shorts and a summer shirt and I am prancing around my palace (humble abode) like a young princess. Struted by DH a couple of times while he was home with the field sprayer to reload. Made sure he noticed his young, cute wife. Didn't know I could swing my hips like that without them hurting! DH noticed.

Linda...congrats on the 2lbs!

Janet...thanks for the kind words. Yep, I did my work on putting things in order in my life. Family didn't make the attempt. I think that once I was able to forgive (don't have to forget cuz it makes me who I am), the anger left me and I could make an attempt to leave them in my dust. Something I have not guilt over...just something that needed to be done in order for me to live life and focus on my (almost perfect) DH and wonderful boys.

Laura...what a sweet, cute spit shined boy. All those firsts are tough on momma. The only advise I have is to enjoy each and every moment. They grow so fast and before you know it, Nels will be waving at you from his camero and off to his first year of college. It's easy to let go when you know you were the best momma that you could be. (Hope that statement didn't make you feel even worse)! All I can say is that I can tell you are a great mom and pay a lot of attention to that little guy. I love hearing about him and seeing his photos. Thanks.

Gitrdone...nice to see your posts. Keep coming back...we love to hear how you are doing.

Better get things going here. Knee deep work to get done b/4 bedtime tonight. Later!

Good Morning Gang

Just a quick note before my shower and work

Yes today is a new day - it will be a better day - I didn't turn to any outside things (food - drugs - booze) I did go to bed early and feel better this morning - Yes this to shall pass....

Julie - you really do need to go see the doc - what's hurting - whip lash from the accident - Please take care of your self and don't ignore the pain..

Great - Hugs on your family issues - I don't have much of one anymore - just my sis and we really aren't talking - I dont feel like putting myself out there for her to say nasty things so I just don't go there and I don't feel like being fake and pretending that everything is just peachy - I have my DS & his family and gs and my freinds - thats all I need..

Hugs to all - hope you all have a better/good day !!!

Janet, that is how I am beginning to feel. I am tired of putting myself out there and then get swatted down. I hate acting like things are fine when we are together as that just seems to empower them to keep acting the same way. My grandma is very special to me and for that reason I tolerate more of the family stuff than I otherwise would when we are all together, which isn't often.

Eva...you are right...friends can fill that void when your family of origin cannot or willnot. Long and messy story but I have not had contact with my family since 1995. (It all stems from 10 yrs of childhood sexual abuse...them defending the abuser, etc. and blah, blah, blah...they don't deserve to have me. My mother went to her grave defending that pedophile). Anywho...have worked through it all, nothing haunts me anymore. Missed them at first but filled the holes with many good friends. I would rather have my family in tact but they are so toxic that I know my life would be totally different if they were in it.

I guess the point I want to make is....if you have family and it's really worth keeping it all together then do what it takes to keep it together. If what they do is really affecting your life and the lives of your immediate family, rethink your relationship with them and do what you need to do to make YOUR life happy and sane without feeling guilty about your decisions to do so. Make sense?

Great...hang in there....sisters are just trying to get a reaction out of their "SKINNY" sister!

Apples, what an amazing woman you are to have survived that and put it behind you and have the life you do now. Thanks for sharing. I've kindda decided that it's worth 'keeping it together' while my 100 y old grandma is still living but after that, things either will change or I am out of there. I know a lot fo my sister's issues due have to do with jealousy over the weight. I've always been the fat sister, now that I am not that any more and am in fact the thinnest sister it messes up their whole pecking order. btw, you sound so much younger! I can just see you prancing around the house. LOL

Linda, congrats on being 'overweight' isnt that a great feeling? something someone who hasn't been there and done that could relate to.

Laura, how was the first day of school??

hi all, just checking in as I have time on my hands... got orders from DH not to do anything today because of my back and neck... Well, I thought I could at least do last night's dishes (no dishwasher here... long story..) so was putting plates in the sink... just 3, but they are heavy glass.. used my left hand... my left clavical started aching almost immediately... It was dumb... I should have known better... I finished the dishes since the lifting was already done.. Then rubbed it down with some Icy Hot type cream, took more Tylenol (it's becoming my BFF!!) and took a little nap... Better now.. so you can bet I'm not lifting a thing the rest of the day.. not with my left arm.... Did get some supper organized and have Mimi covered so I don't have to have her until DH gets home... And have an appt at 2:45 tomorrow for some relief....

Phyll, I was by my mother's side when she had both her knees done so I can guess how you are doing.. Be careful not to do too much.. If you feel good it's easy to do... For my mother the 1st one was a snap, so when it was time for the 2nd she was not happy when that one was way more difficult.. more pain and longer in hospital... But she is sure glad she did it... Hope all is going well for you..

Laura, great pictures of you little man!!! I can see him shoosing you out... then asking for a hug... how sweet... I, too, do most of my bill paying on-line.. I'm a retired accountant and fought the idea quite a while.. But with the rising costs of checks and postage I finally decided to give it a try a couple years ago.. I'm very glad I did... But I still like to get a bill in the mail.. Hard to break old habits and I like the paper trail...

I do the DVR thing too, but don't get too carried away.. Mostly have Caillou on mine for when Mimi demands to watch... But it sure comes in handy if you get interrupted.. I don't stay home for TV either, just tape and watch later.. Especially Young and the Restless.... When the new season starts on the major networks I will tape those if I have to miss my favorites like NCIS.....I like the dramas.... Now when it comes to the cell phone I'm an in-between.. Don't keep it on when I'm home and in the house.. Take it if I'm going out for any length of time.. I don't text... I had it removed from my plan.... just not my style...

Gitrdone, glad you are finding yourself at home here.. It's a great place... Tell us a little about yourself... and your family....

Apples, are you feeling younger now??? Perky, I'll bet!!... What's for supper.... I'm making sirloin tips with potato salad, cucumber salad, and fresh fruit.. I'm also doing some yellow summer squash for me but DH won't eat that.. Got it from a friend...

I'm thinking my fill has had a bit of an impact on my restriction.. I'm being very careful because of all the pain I was in last night, but I'm thinking this one may have been just what I needed... I have my fingers crossed...

Okay, off to nap a little more.. sounds awful when so many of you are so busy, but I guess it's what I have to do for now... TTYL............ Julie

Hey Arlene! So nice to hear DH is doing good. Think of you guys often in going through these two different types of surgery together. Question....on a daily basis...do you find that things are now easier for you because DH is also on a similar ride?:thumbdown:

Are you considering the FL meet???????? Hope so!

Yes, it is easier because we are only going out once a week to eat. I still have a slider problem. I am going to the nutrionist tomorrow. I have to have a warden over me. Someone I can talk face to face. We will see if this works. I am amazed at the different foods DH can eat. He eats bread........I can only eat crackers or toasted bread. If he eats too much he gets lightheaded......weird.

I don't know about FL. I have to get past our Hawaii trip in December. Dow Chemical furlowed him last Christmas. We will see how it goes this winter. My church went to Destin, FL this year and the pics were awesome. Looks like a fun trip.

Yes, it is easier because we are only going out once a week to eat. I still have a slider problem. I am going to the nutrionist tomorrow. I have to have a warden over me. Someone I can talk face to face. We will see if this works. I am amazed at the different foods DH can eat. He eats bread........I can only eat crackers or toasted bread. If he eats too much he gets lightheaded......weird.

I don't know about FL. I have to get past our Hawaii trip in December. Dow Chemical furlowed him last Christmas. We will see how it goes this winter. My church went to Destin, FL this year and the pics were awesome. Looks like a fun trip.

Arlene...we almost did the Destin thing last year. Had all the info and ready to book and then the hurricane hit. We loved it so much in the Ocala National Forest that we decided we were going back again this year. We met sooooo many people and have made quite a few friendships out of our stay there. We keep in contact with a lot of them on a weekly (or daily) basis.

Great...you will figure out the family stuff. I actually do not allow the word jealous or evyy into my vocabulary but I do look at people with what seem to be very close families and I get a pang. I am a believer that if something is worth fighting for, then save it. You will know what to do. Half the battle is getting it out and talking about it.

Julie...happy to hear you at least made an appt. with the chiropractor...wish you were going to a med dr. just to get checked. Take care.

Julie....forgot to answer you on what's for supper.

Flat Iron steaks are marinating in fresh lime juice. I squeazed to limes, put 8 steaks into 2 gallon size bags and they are sitting waiting for the rub. In an hour I will take them out and rub with a combination of dry garlic, dry onion powder, and a Tbls of hot sauce and then grill. Also serving with roast red baby potatoes, sweet corn from the field and dessert is a combo of blueberries, seedless grapes, mangos and white peaches. I make a dressing for the fruit with 1/2 cup FF sourcream, 1/4 cup coconut and 1 cup FF Cool Whip. I thin it down a bit with 1/8 cup FF milk. Also am making homemade baking powder bisquits. I throw in a TBLS of minced garlic, 1 cup FF shredded cheese and TBLS of dried Italian seasoning into the dough. I do not take the time to roll them out. I drop them by the spoonful on the pan.

That's the menu for tonight.

Apples, it sounds good............except for the coconut.. If coconut was a regular staple like flour or butter or sugar or potatoes, I'd have been skinny my whole life... Just can't stand it at all............ Now that's the kind of Cookies I should have made... I wouldn't have touched them... Coconut, raisins, and mushrooms are 3 things I just can't swallow... Since sandwiches are my downfall, you can see why I didn't have problem eating what I liked..... thanks for sharing.... You maybe will have to cook for the gang in FL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbdown:

hi people, i am new here waiting for my lap band date, how is everyone,i want to get it over waiting and nervous

Welcome newbies and returnees.

I hope wherever we go that we do schedule some fun things to do and places to go. I know there's more in Orlando area than Disney.

Julie, sounds like you have a lot of fears to face. Facing them can only help your recovery. But you can only do this when you're ready. Just think of the example you'd set for your children and grandchildren in establishing independence. Also, you might not always have your DH. Do it for you.

:unsure:

hi people, i am new here waiting for my lap band date, how is everyone,i want to get it over waiting and nervous

I remember those days as being quite nervous ones also. Try to relax and go with the flow. Spend your time on LapBandTalk and get all the info you can to prepare yourself for what is ahead. Any questions are welcome.

Lpglarry...wishing you luck on your LB journey!:thumbdown:

Can't keep up with y'all. Three pp of posts since last night.

I'm definitely having great restriction. Yesterday could feel that anything more than a tiny sip would make me pb (which I think of as puke back.)

Today, I'm still on liquids but its going down easier. Tomorrow--mushies. I'm not going to push it.

Work today went well. I was able to concentrate on creating my schedule. I can never see kids for several days because the info I need to create the schedule is never available till the first day of school. I'm going to call a lot of parents tonight because they have to OK having their child in my program. But first, it looks like it stopped raining and I can go out and get in my walk.

I get along pretty well with my family. I'm the oldest of 5. We have a reunion at least once a year. There's always some mild contretemps involving my mother's need for attention or my father's need to try to control our lives (especially religiously) and to express his opinions. We deal with it, roll our eyes, and move on.

I don't have close friends anymore. My husband is a loner which makes it difficult to have couple's friendships and working full time has made it difficult to make friends outside of work. I'm fairly close with my daughter but try to be careful not to get on her nerves. I have 7 grandchildren I try to see fairly regularly.

My social life has always revolved around church, but people change churches frequently and move. Used to hang out with more people, but I find as I get less and less codependent, I'm not as interested in being around those who are really needy. And so many of those who aren't needy are surrounded by those who are and have no time for real friendships. I've never been one to talk much on the phone or e-mail constantly and it seems now-a-days like you have to do that to maintain relationships.

I do like posting and reading everybody's posts on this thread. Everybody here has a common interest and everyone is doing what it takes to improve their lives. It's given me a chance to form friendships again.

Good for us.

Someone here or on another thread said my address for my blog was wrong, so I copied it and am reposting.

IF YOUR STOMACH OFFENDS YOU, TIE IT OFF

Darn! Lost a very long post

Do I sound younger? .... Didn't know I could swing my hips like that without them hurting! DH noticed.

Linda...congrats on the 2lbs!

Laura...what a sweet, cute spit shined boy. All those firsts are tough on momma. The only advise I have is to enjoy each and every moment. They grow so fast and before you know it, Nels will be waving at you from his camero and off to his first year of college. It's easy to let go when you know you were the best momma that you could be. (Hope that statement didn't make you feel even worse)! All I can say is that I can tell you are a great mom and pay a lot of attention to that little guy. I love hearing about him and seeing his photos. Thanks.

!

LOL.. spit shined! That made me laugh. I actually put some of Nael's hair gel in his hair this morning! It's sturdier than spit. He needs a haircut, but just don't like that just cut look for first day or picture day. He also HATES getting his hair cut. He was 2 before he had his first one. Had the Curliest hair! Gosh I miss those curls!!! His day was good, uneventful. When I asked him how it was he said "fine". When I asked him more specific questions he said "I don't remember" or "nothing". :) Finally tonight while snuggling before bed he revealed a few details of the day (like who he sat near for lunch... who he played with on the playground... and which of his 3 teachers are his favorite.) He also said "I am glad that you remembered that you forgot to kiss me this morning." That just plum warmed my heart. :eek:

Apples, I thought of you when I was at the grocery store today. Publix charges $3.59 for 4 TINY ears of corn. They aren't even fresh. I miss REAL corn. Have a good time at the lake- I think you said you were leaving tomorrow. Wait, it's only Wed- are you leaving already?

Julie B~ I agree with Apples, you really should go see someone besides a chiropractor. I am not against them- just think they have a time and place. Does he do xrays? I just feel the neck should be evaluated before manipulated. It could be just exacerbation of your typical pains- but cannot be too careful. Hope you feel better soon.

IYSOY~ Yeah!!! on having restriction! WTG! It is a good feeling. It's a nice security blanket to have it. My husband calls my band my "choke collar". It is much like walking a dog, when he gets out of control just pull him back a bit. I feel like that's what it does to me. I cannot eat bread or crackers if they are dry and don't have cottage cheese or something on them. It used to be a horrible trigger food for me. Now I have such a negative visceral response after PBing on a cracker, that I don't even crave them.

Charlene~ Good luck with the nutritionist tomorrow. I hope it helps you. I think we need all the support we can get. : )

Great~ Hug. Thanks for asking about Nelson.

I am still at the same weight for 3 weeks now. SIGGHHH. I know what I need to do- just need to get off my A$$ and do it! Also when I was in NC and was tight, I figured out that if I had 1/2 cup of skim milk before I ate, that I didn't get pain/stuck as bad after a few bites. Well, I will admit that I have been doing that more often when I am "hungry" and allowing more food than I should. I obviously am not doing THAT bad- as I am not gaining. But I haven't been keeping my food diary. Stopped the night before I flew to NC. I NEED to start all that again. It markes you feel crappy to let things slip back to old habits. :thumbdown::confused::unsure::frown::eek::D:cursing::eek:

My Dad is being discharged tomorrow! He is so excited. They removed the stint and the foley today. He will have the nephrostomy for a couple months. He isn't happy about that, but nothing we can do. My mom is thrilled. She misses home, and her two spoiled rotten cats. I honestly think this was harder on her than Dad. Glad we can see a light at the end of the tunnel and know that it isn't a train. :eek:

Hope everyone is enjoying their hump day/Wed. Has anyone seen that show MORE TO LOVE? (Dating show for overweight women going after one guy). I have been watching it, but find myself increasingly pissed off at the people who are in and produce the show. It portrays obese women as nutsos with no self esteem and desperate. They all fall in love with the guy after he holds their hand once- because he sees past their fat bodies. (He is a big guy too- 300s) Several of the girls have NEVER been on a date before. Just curious if others have seen it and have an opinion.

Night night.. don't let the bed bugs bite....peasout

PS.. found a few photos of the curls. He was such a chubba wubba at that age.

Hey Gang

Well got the car back !!! and just catching up on the day's post - I was suppose to go to they gym - but did't get home in

Grit - Yep today is a better day :0) We are glad to have you - and if I do say so myself we are a great group..

Laura Glad that both you & Neslon survived the 1st day of school - Congrats on Dad getting out of the hospital.

Llike you said you know what to do - log your food.. Now that you are back home you will get back into the groove of things.

Cheri - Sounds like you have restriction !!!!

Larry - how much longer til surgery??

Charlene - he can eat bread - how much can he eat per meal?? My gf doesn't eat much - I would say less than me - but again I haven't seen her eat in a while..

Great - Hugs - I wish I had the magic answer :0)

Well gang - I need to go start dinner - last night by the time i got off the computer and whatever else I was doing - I didn't feel like cooking so just had Cereal for dinner - tonite - fish - butternut squash - rice - my ususal - but I gotta go cut the squash and get it started..

CBL

Peas,

Your son is so cute. Love his curly hair when he was yonger and he is such a handsome young man now. They grow up so fast.

Janet,

When I was talking about my car issues last year and that I lost my job that all happened at the same time. But I have been at my current job for almost a year so things were hard but they get better.

Meredith,

You are only 26 really and have no cable and don't like your cell and hardly any credit cards that is awesome. I fell for the credit cards when I was was in my twentys so I am still trying to recover all that debt I made over the years.

I just wanted to say you are way ahead of everyone girl. Smile at yourself :blushing: