Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Hi Apples! Good to hear from ya!

Great.........DH is doing good. We are going to Dr. Davis together. He has a 6 week check-up and mine is a one year.

Hey Arlene! So nice to hear DH is doing good. Think of you guys often in going through these two different types of surgery together. Question....on a daily basis...do you find that things are now easier for you because DH is also on a similar ride?:thumbup:

Are you considering the FL meet???????? Hope so!

Apples, that recipe sounds great -- thanks!! Lori, Great is not stuck up -- you deserve it and more. LOL. You crack me up with saying you were worried the cell phone alarm might not work when plugged in charging -- you sound like me -- always worrying about everything. We need to relax more. Wow Charlene, can't believe it's already been 6 wks since your DH's surgery -- that's gone fast. Congrats on your bandanniversary!! Julie, hope you're feeling better and Phyll, I'm thinking about you. CBL Linda

Yesterday

my boss yelled at me well really just spoke sorta nasty to me - he told me to bind something that I hadn't worked on and I went to the girl who quoted it and asked for some help cuz I don't do much w/the company - he told me quit complaining -when I write new business - I told him I wasn't complaining but that I am coming in the middle of this and since I hadn't worked on it - I was asking Kim for help cuz she is the one who did - he just fricking pissed me off - I started to send him an email but just left it alone - but I am going to talk to him tomorrow - about his attitude - it was all him..

Today this morning

Ok - here's my day so far - #1 couldn't sleep cuz of how my boss talked to me yesterday[ just kept playing and playing over in my mind - didn't get to sleep till after 11:30 - then go get in the freaking car - It won't go in to reverse !!!! Come to work and talk to one of the other owners and tell him what transpired yesterday - car issues - etc and I start crying - then go to my desk - call the dealership - gotta get the car towed but that means more time off work and I have so much too do .. Then the Office manager comes over and asks what happened yesterday - then my supervisor comes - then the girl/kim who I was asking help from - Kim tells them that Paul was out of line..

So they go have a meeting - he's going to get talked to and I can work and take off early to get my car to the dealership which is in Cat City - about 15 miles away - so going to leave early go home call the tow truck then go to the dealership and get car fix - well won't be till tomorrow - but still - hopefully it will be covered under the extended warranty I think I bought...

Like I said - sometime - the fact that everything falls on my shoulder - it hard to deal with...

Today – right now

I am waiting for tow truck– won’t be here till 4 called at 3 – gotta go call the dealership now..

Hopefully I cbl !! Don’t know if I am going to eat myself – or drink myself to oblivion – or just take a sleeping pill and wake up tomorrow !!!

Girls – I am just not having a good time at all…

Ahhh, Janet, so sorry for your horrible, awful, really bad day. But now you know eating or drinking yourself to oblivion isn't going to help one iota. What would you tell us? I'm having a similar day though mine is due to extended family issues and I am just ticked off, and hurt, right now and having a bit of a pity party with a bag of Fritos, Fritos aren't helping. So I know of what I speak at the moment that eating isn't going to help! Why is doing the right thing and then getting squashed like a bug for it seem to be the norm?

Oh man, there is no way I can respond to all your posts. However, I'm going to Fl. if I have to swim there. Summer in Co sounds good too. 2nd fill went well today and I'm definitely feeling restriction. It is such a relief. Tomorrow school starts for real and until I establish a routine I need the band to do my thinking for me. Thought you'd enjoy this: I'm slowly making a DNR pile of old clothes (Do Not Resuscitate).

New Knees--been there, done that, bought the T-shirt. Most beneficial surgery next to lapband and the hysterectomy that saved my life that I've ever had. If you excercise and strengthen your knees before the surgery, rehab is easy.

I need help..despartley..I need some motivation..how can I have sugery almost a year now and only lost 30 pounds. I know I have to exercise but dont really have time ..with running kids here and there and practically being a single parent (husband works evenings) I work 6-230 in the afternoon and then have to get 4year old b4 hubby goes to work then run older kids to practice. I wake up at 330 or 430 in the am and by the time the running is done, I am beat. I know this sounds like I am making up excuses but this is my life and when I read others profile about how much they lost ..I get real frustrated with myself..b4 I got banded I exercised and and followed a good diet and still never lost..could it be possible that there is something else wrong??? Could someone please give me some advise and maybe examples of menues on what you eat ..and what Protein supplement if any do you take?

Thanks in advance.

Hugs

Have you had your metabolism checked - what are you eating are you keeping a food journel - what's the amount of calories you consume in a day.

During my weight loss phase I kept my calories between 800-1200 varying them -

I to get up at 5 work all day - Granted I don't have kids to run around - but when you are watching tv - get up and walk in place..

Thyriod ?? that's another issue..

Keeping a food journel is great - cuz we eaisly forget a bite of this or that...

Foods

Low fat - sugar free for the most part and limited carbs..

I am attaching a menu hopefully if I can find it :0)

Tow truck should be here in a few - so am making this short

I will try and ck back later...

But really need to know what you are eating -

Our bands are only tools - they don't make our food choices we do - oh ya btw - how's your restriction...

Hi everyone~

Phyl~ Hope you are doing ok! We are all thinking about you. I managed to catch her on Facebook yesterday. She is so motivated, I am sure she will do great.

Apples~ Welcome back! The recipe sounds wonderful. Thanks. Glad you had a good weekend. I am soooooo excited to plan this thing in Feb with you! I am more excited about this than my 25th HS reunion in April!!!:smile2: Once we get numbers... we can research places. Maybe we can do a vote on the locale. I know it will be a lot cheaper to do Orlando, but if folks really want the beach and don't mind spending more-- then we can do it. I just don't want to eliminate anyone by the price bumping up. I am with you though, I don't care either. Just seeing all you guys will be awesome. But I live at the beach, not the dessert :wink2:. LOL

Oco~ Congrats on the weight loss! WTG! You are doing everything right. Did you get the extra insurance when you rented the Volvo? You all sound like a bunch of demolition derby drivers!:)

Great~ For what it's worth, I do NOT think you sound stuck up at all! I think it's awesome! Hell, I lost 10 lbs and put photos of me in my underoos on my profile. I hate to think what I'll do when it's 100!:eek::tongue2::):thumbup:

Julie B~ Sorry to hear about your Target accident. Gosh, I hope you are ok. You know, people often minimize the whiplash effect with even minor bumps. Take care and if it gets worse or persists see a dr. Glad your fill went well. Good job! Your little Mimi sounds like a handful. Don't overdo it.

Last day of summer for my munchkin! I let all the rules go out the window today. He was pretty much allowed to eat whatever he wanted to eat. (He's still so young and innocent though.. eating "whatever" meant a cheese stick, piece of toast and cantaloupe for breakfast) LOL. We went to eat lunch at <gasp... brace yourselves> Cracker Barrel! Holy crap, I haven't been there since WAY before banding. How can a place ruin vegetables?! (adding fat & salt). Someone wanted a toy.. and remembered that they have a store there... sneaky. I got the veggie platter (use that term loosely).. green Beans, pinto Beans, carrots and corn. I guess 3 of those are starches and b/c of the oil none is a veggie. I only ate 1/4 of my plate. Felt almost sick after. Cooked healthy for dinner. I don't know who is more excited about school tomorrow!? Gosh, I need to go to the gym, but I have not had a day to myself in 6 weeks or more. I am tempted to just chill. But maybe I should take Janet's lead and go to the gym. (I LOVE your story.. so motivating BTW. WTG!!!) Did the kitties open their eyes yet? I love the little meows.

DH and I just got off the phone with my Dad. He sounds in MUCH better spirits. He's starting to get feisty which is always a good sign. The resident physicians are on a new rotation which meant a brand new batch this morning. He told one of them they should get a recorder so he doesn't have to repeat his story 100 times over. LOL. His creat is now down to 2.5! His normal was 1.8, so we are almost there. This whole 5 weeks of hell was about PLUMBING, not the kidney function. He either had inflammation from allergic reaction or infection somewhere below the kidney. Once the urine started backing up, the kidney function went down. Now that urine is flowing it is fine. He has the foley still in and the nephrostomy. He wants the foley out, but with good reason no one wants to remove it. He's upset b/c he wants to lead a normal active life and can't even take a bath with both of these. I know he is eager to get back to normal, but he has to realize where he was even 8 days ago! They are talking about removing the stint tomorrow and discharging home on Thursday. Wow! I know he will feel better once he is in his own bed and not eating hospital food.

ok chicas... time to go. CBL.

~Laura

Phyl, get better soon. You're going to love your new mobility.

Janet, you've had a terrible horrible no good very bad day. Take a bath with a diet hot chocolate and a little something in it. (Course you're in the desert and might want a cooler dessert) Got my s's right. LOL

I can't believe how many people want to go to Florida. We may need a hotel. Maybe everyone should make a favorite dish while we're there. This is my recipe to take with for groups. I eat without taco chips but bring those along for others. Amts are approximate since I measure nothing. Layer these items in a nice container. Glass is nice to see the layers.

Layer of refried Beans (love the ones with green chiles)

Layer of LF sour cr.

Layer of real guacamole

Layer of turkey hamburger fried with taco seasoning

Sprinkle or layer top with LF mexican cheese.

Add sliced olives--green or black-- and sprinkle on top

This is so easy even I can do it.

This is all "legal" food but it does slide well so I try to have half to three/quarter cup if I use it as a meal.

If...good to hear that you are having some restriction with your last fill. Good luck with your new school year....admire you for your work with those special kids. Woohoo! You're coming to FL. Sounds like we will have quite a group.

Janet and Great....I know of these rotton days that you speak of. About ten out of the last fourteen days have been like that for me. Not sure how I kept it all together but did. Things have settled down now and my band is back to normal after being tight for 2 weeks. Just one thing after the other but life is peaceful now. (Too long and complicated to explain).

Great....STEP AWAY FROM THE FRITOS! They make a great fire starter. That's what we use at the lake for our campfires. A handful makes a beautiful fire.

Hope things settle down for both of you soon. So sorry for your troubles

I need help..despartley..I need some motivation..how can I have sugery almost a year now and only lost 30 pounds. I know I have to exercise but dont really have time ..with running kids here and there and practically being a single parent (husband works evenings) I work 6-230 in the afternoon and then have to get 4year old b4 hubby goes to work then run older kids to practice. I wake up at 330 or 430 in the am and by the time the running is done, I am beat. I know this sounds like I am making up excuses but this is my life and when I read others profile about how much they lost ..I get real frustrated with myself..b4 I got banded I exercised and and followed a good diet and still never lost..could it be possible that there is something else wrong??? Could someone please give me some advise and maybe examples of menues on what you eat ..and what Protein supplement if any do you take?

Thanks in advance.

I agree with Janet. Get your metabolism checked out and your thyroid. Also, do you feel restriction from your band? Are you eating "slider" food? Or are you sticking to mostly drier Protein, some veggies, and very little starches and sugars?

Cheri

Also, for some of you newbies, I documented a lot of my struggles in my blog http://ifyourstomachoffendsyoutieitoff.blogger.com

Last night's post was about discouragement and how my add/adhd is out of control since I'm not medicating it with food. It's been making it very difficult for me to get ready to go back to work tomorrow (I'm a teacher).

Thanks in advance.

Hey Gotbanded...you've come to the right place if you are in need of support. As Janet said, would be nice to know what you are eating on a daily basis, etc. so that we could see if you need to tweek your diet some.

I have to tell you that your schedule sounds a lot like mine. The only advice I can give you on that is to do some major PLANNING with all meals and Snacks. I spend a great deal of time in my truck running errands for the farm (sometimes days at a time in truck) and what saved me (even post and pre-op and during weightloss stages) was being prepared. Making sure to eat good, hard Proteins that stayed with me longer. Always making sure I got the required amount of protien, good carbs, Vitamins taken daily, etc.

How about if you fill us in on your typical day and we'll see if we can help you out a bit? Welcome to our group. Hope you hang around and are able to get what you need from this group. :)

Janet,

I guess you are on a roll with those bad days.:) I am sorry about your trouble. It almost sounds like me with about 1 yr ago non stop with car issues between my husband and I. I needed a new transmission and my husband needed a new engine and I lost my job.

But now I have to say things are going pretty well knock on wood regarding my car.

Hang in girl just remember we all love ya!!:)

If, well I had 2 of the 3 surgeries already, the band of course, also had a hysterectomy that also changed my life for the better. So maybe I should go for the trifecta too and get the knees. Am anxious to see what the doc says next week.

Apples, maybe Fritos are such a good fire starter due to all the oil in them. :) I think from the stress I have tightened up, I had a hard time with dinner tonight. IT's the first I've noticed stress being a factor in my band. I hadn't PB'd in a long time til tonight.

Peas, good luck to your little one going back to school tomorrow. It's always nice to get some structure back to your routine.

Speaking of structure, I am going to get a little bit of that with working out. I may have a new workout partner at the rec center. Our first appt together is on Friday morning when I get off work. I need to remember to take my clothes with me and then I can just change and workout before I come home from work.

Oh, a trainer at the rec center is giving a weight loss seminar next Friday night. Guess who they asked to speak about weight loss??? Your's truly, not sure what I will say yet and she is going to give me some talking points she wants me to cover. Kindda cool, this is the same rec center I won the Biggest Loser competition last winter. It's amazing to me for someone to think of me to talk about weight loss. Guess in the head I still don't see it yet I know it's there.

Ahhh, Janet, so sorry for your horrible, awful, really bad day. But now you know eating or drinking yourself to oblivion isn't going to help one iota. What would you tell us? I'm having a similar day though mine is due to extended family issues and I am just ticked off, and hurt, right now and having a bit of a pity party with a bag of Fritos, Fritos aren't helping. So I know of what I speak at the moment that eating isn't going to help! Why is doing the right thing and then getting squashed like a bug for it seem to be the norm?

Great - Well back from the dealership - thankfully I got the extended warranty - Nothing major some stupid gear shifter box - but I bet it would be $400 minimum I just have to pay the $100 deductible

I haven't turned to food - in fact all I have had today is 130 caloires 12 grms pt - some good sour cream/onion Snacks (looks like cheerios but taste like cheetos well sour cream green onion ones if they made them)

I'm not going to drink - or anything bad - I am feeling better already - car is in the shop - should have it tomorrow..

Hugs for your issues - but put the fritos down :0)... I'm not eating so you can't !!!

[ QUOTE=ifyourstomachoffendsyou;1310677]Oh man, there is no way I can respond to all your posts. However, I'm going to Fl. if I have to swim there. Summer in Co sounds good too. 2nd fill went well today and I'm definitely feeling restriction. It is such a relief. Tomorrow school starts for real and until I establish a routine I need the band to do my thinking for me. Thought you'd enjoy this: I'm slowly making a DNR pile of old clothes (Do Not Resuscitate).

New Knees--been there, done that, bought the T-shirt. Most beneficial surgery next to lapband and the hysterectomy that saved my life that I've ever had. If you excercise and strengthen your knees before the surgery, rehab is easy.

Cheri - glad your fill went well - it does help - just plan plan plan for what you are going to take for bf & lunch - I usually take left overs or salads for lunch...

Hi everyone~

Phyl~ Hope you are doing ok! We are all thinking about you. I managed to catch her on Facebook yesterday. She is so motivated, I am sure she will do great.

Apples~ Welcome back! The recipe sounds wonderful. Thanks. Glad you had a good weekend. I am soooooo excited to plan this thing in Feb with you! I am more excited about this than my 25th HS reunion in April!!!:wink2: Once we get numbers... we can research places. Maybe we can do a vote on the locale. I know it will be a lot cheaper to do Orlando, but if folks really want the beach and don't mind spending more-- then we can do it. I just don't want to eliminate anyone by the price bumping up. I am with you though, I don't care either. Just seeing all you guys will be awesome. But I live at the beach, not the dessert :eek:. LOL

Oco~ Congrats on the weight loss! WTG! You are doing everything right. Did you get the extra insurance when you rented the Volvo? You all sound like a bunch of demolition derby drivers!:tongue2:

Great~ For what it's worth, I do NOT think you sound stuck up at all! I think it's awesome! Hell, I lost 10 lbs and put photos of me in my underoos on my profile. I hate to think what I'll do when it's 100!:eek::thumbup::):smile2:

Julie B~ Sorry to hear about your Target accident. Gosh, I hope you are ok. You know, people often minimize the whiplash effect with even minor bumps. Take care and if it gets worse or persists see a dr. Glad your fill went well. Good job! Your little Mimi sounds like a handful. Don't overdo it.

Last day of summer for my munchkin! I let all the rules go out the window today. He was pretty much allowed to eat whatever he wanted to eat. (He's still so young and innocent though.. eating "whatever" meant a cheese stick, piece of toast and cantaloupe for breakfast) LOL. We went to eat lunch at <gasp... brace yourselves> Cracker Barrel! Holy crap, I haven't been there since WAY before banding. How can a place ruin vegetables?! (adding fat & salt). Someone wanted a toy.. and remembered that they have a store there... sneaky. I got the veggie platter (use that term loosely).. green Beans, pinto Beans, carrots and corn. I guess 3 of those are starches and b/c of the oil none is a veggie. I only ate 1/4 of my plate. Felt almost sick after. Cooked healthy for dinner. I don't know who is more excited about school tomorrow!? Gosh, I need to go to the gym, but I have not had a day to myself in 6 weeks or more. I am tempted to just chill. But maybe I should take Janet's lead and go to the gym. (I LOVE your story.. so motivating BTW. WTG!!!) Did the kitties open their eyes yet? I love the little meows.

DH and I just got off the phone with my Dad. He sounds in MUCH better spirits. He's starting to get feisty which is always a good sign. The resident physicians are on a new rotation which meant a brand new batch this morning. He told one of them they should get a recorder so he doesn't have to repeat his story 100 times over. LOL. His creat is now down to 2.5! His normal was 1.8, so we are almost there. This whole 5 weeks of hell was about PLUMBING, not the kidney function. He either had inflammation from allergic reaction or infection somewhere below the kidney. Once the urine started backing up, the kidney function went down. Now that urine is flowing it is fine. He has the foley still in and the nephrostomy. He wants the foley out, but with good reason no one wants to remove it. He's upset b/c he wants to lead a normal active life and can't even take a bath with both of these. I know he is eager to get back to normal, but he has to realize where he was even 8 days ago! They are talking about removing the stint tomorrow and discharging home on Thursday. Wow! I know he will feel better once he is in his own bed and not eating hospital food.< /p>

ok chicas... time to go. CBL.

~Laura

Laura - Glad Dad's getting better - My GD just started Kindergarden to - I remember my DS 1st day and my GS 1st - I think we are more excited than them - hell I remember kindergarden - but don't ask me to remember somethng tht happend 10 minutes ago..

Phyl, get better soon. You're going to love your new mobility.

Janet, you've had a terrible horrible no good very bad day. Take a bath with a diet hot chocolate and a little something in it. (Course you're in the desert and might want a cooler dessert) Got my s's right. LOL

I can't believe how many people want to go to Florida. We may need a hotel. Maybe everyone should make a favorite dish while we're there. This is my recipe to take with for groups. I eat without taco chips but bring those along for others. Amts are approximate since I measure nothing. Layer these items in a nice container. Glass is nice to see the layers.

Layer of refried beans (love the ones with green chiles)

Layer of LF sour cr.

Layer of real guacamole

Layer of turkey hamburger fried with taco seasoning

Sprinkle or layer top with LF mexican cheese.< /p>

Add sliced olives--green or black-- and sprinkle on top

This is so easy even I can do it.

This is all "legal" food but it does slide well so I try to have half to three/quarter cup if I use it as a meal.

Cheri - Love your taco/bean layered thingie.... Yep a sucky day - but it's over - I will survive - Like I said - I haven't turned to food - I'm just sorta wiped out --- I think I am going to go read for a bit..

If...good to hear that you are having some restriction with your last fill. Good luck with your new school year....admire you for your work with those special kids. Woohoo! You're coming to FL. Sounds like we will have quite a group.

Janet and Great....I know of these rotton days that you speak of. About ten out of the last fourteen days have been like that for me. Not sure how I kept it all together but did. Things have settled down now and my band is back to normal after being tight for 2 weeks. Just one thing after the other but life is peaceful now. (Too long and complicated to explain).

Great....STEP AWAY FROM THE FRITOS! They make a great fire starter. That's what we use at the lake for our campfires. A handful makes a beautiful fire.

Hope things settle down for both of you soon. So sorry for your troubles

Apples - Hugs on your issues too - I haven't really tried to eat today - but if I had - I most likely would have been too tight... We will see how dinner goes...

Janet,

I guess you are on a roll with those bad days.:wub: I am sorry about your trouble. It almost sounds like me with about 1 yr ago non stop with car issues between my husband and I. I needed a new transmission and my husband needed a new engine and I lost my job.

But now I have to say things are going pretty well knock on wood regarding my car.

Hang in girl just remember we all love ya!!:wub:

Thanks Melissa - they say it runs in 3's so gs battery 1 - my battery 2 - now this #3 - so hopefully my stupid car problems are over :0) Hugs on the job - thats awful

If, well I had 2 of the 3 surgeries already, the band of course, also had a hysterectomy that also changed my life for the better. So maybe I should go for the trifecta too and get the knees. Am anxious to see what the doc says next week.

Apples, maybe Fritos are such a good fire starter due to all the oil in them. :) I think from the stress I have tightened up, I had a hard time with dinner tonight. IT's the first I've noticed stress being a factor in my band. I hadn't PB'd in a long time til tonight.

Peas, good luck to your little one going back to school tomorrow. It's always nice to get some structure back to your routine.

Speaking of structure, I am going to get a little bit of that with working out. I may have a new workout partner at the rec center. Our first appt together is on Friday morning when I get off work. I need to remember to take my clothes with me and then I can just change and workout before I come home from work.

Oh, a trainer at the rec center is giving a weight loss seminar next Friday night. Guess who they asked to speak about weight loss??? Your's truly, not sure what I will say yet and she is going to give me some talking points she wants me to cover. Kindda cool, this is the same rec center I won the Biggest Loser competition last winter. It's amazing to me for someone to think of me to talk about weight loss. Guess in the head I still don't see it yet I know it's there.

Congrats Great - that should be enough for you to put the fritos down :0)

Hi all, I just read all the posts, but can't respond right now.. I feel like I've been run over by a truck... I hurt so bad I want to cry and I just don't feel well at all..... I'm going to take some liquid Tylenol and try to rest tonight, but I'm not counting on it... I'm quite miserable............. Why can't I just get better and stay that way?????????????? UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope to talk to you all tomorrow...... Julie