Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Hi

I have been reading some of the blogs and it sounds like you are all very friendly and fun. When you started eating solid foods did any of them become difficult to tolerate?

No I didn't - I had 10 days each phase (full liquids mushie soft then regular) Didn't get my 1st fill till 8 weeks out - I ate/eat alot of fish never had a problem as long as I followed the rules - tiny bite - chew and eat slowly - I can eat chicken, shrimp, steak (this normally has to be a good piece of meat - stringy meats don't work well for me)...

I've got to tell you, Julie... flying is NOT my favorite thing to do anymore... just because it's gotten to be such a hassle! Take off your shoes, extra$ for bags, liquids in zip lock bags, etc.!

BUT.... it was such a pleasure last month when we had our Lucky #7's reunion... to NOT need a seat belt extender, and to put down the lap table with room to spare! I don't remember EVER being able to put it down flat! It would always sit at an angle and I'd have to hold on to my drink, etc. It was GREAT!! And my butt fit in the seat just fine without putting the armrest up and my arms were not encroaching on my seat mate's space!

12_1_113.gif

I've got to tell you, Julie... flying is NOT my favorite thing to do anymore... just because it's gotten to be such a hassle! Take off your shoes, extra$ for bags, liquids in zip lock bags, etc.!

BUT.... it was such a pleasure last month when we had our Lucky #7's reunion... to NOT need a seat belt extender, and to put down the lap table with room to spare! I don't remember EVER being able to put it down flat! It would always sit at an angle and I'd have to hold on to my drink, etc. It was GREAT!! And my butt fit in the seat just fine without putting the armrest up and my arms were not encroaching on my seat mate's space!

12_1_113.gif

That is awesome! My ah ha moment to get weight loss surgery was in 2007 after going to Vegas. For the first time I had to ask for an extender............and.......wouldn't you know it .......they had to order some more for the plane. So, it was not a secret to anyone around me that I had an extender. After that trip I started checking into weight loss surgery. I am actually looking forward to flying to Hawaii in December. My DH and I will be able to relax and not worry about spilling over the seat. And being able to put the tray down without it hanging on my gut. Geez.......I can't wait. Thanks for sharing.

Hi indigogirl...First let me say it is so nice to have someone as nice and caring as you are on this site. Maybe I should have waited before I wrote bc I went in for an adjustment (or tune up as my step dad calls it) and I have lost 25 pounds!!! I did not know that I had lost that much already. I have checked the scales but just didnt pay attention I guess. Now I am pretty excited about the weight loss. But you made me think about some other things. I havent really been told not to eat anything, as a matter of fact before I get my fills they ask to make sure that EVERYTHING will go down. I havent been to any support/group meeting but I am gonna try to start going this week. I think that is honestly the only place I will get support. I think my husbands only means of support is the payment he makes each month besides that I am on my own. I also need to get off my butt a little more but sometimes that is really difficult bc I work and I am also a full time nursing student....I know that basically boils down to just a good excuse. Now that you have ask questions to make me think I will make it a point to keep up with what I am eating and I will get my butt in gear. Thank you so much for letting me vent to you. Again, it is great to have someone like you on this site. Hope the kittens do well....I think Lucky is a great name!

I spelled your name wrong....so sorry!

Hello All~

Boy you have been soooo busy on here! Right off the bat, I'm going to let you know right now that I am in for FLA in Feb!!!!!!!! SOOOO excited! Let me know what I can do to help plan! WooooHooooo!

Julie~ I have NEVER been on a plane by myself ever before either. So this will be new for me also. I am always nervous about flying, however this is way too important to me to miss. You must come! Please! I'm a nervous nelly, so if I can do it, you can for sure do it!

Laura~ Good news for daddy-o! Awesome. It sounds like he is starting to get back into the swing of things. I cannot wait for Florida! I was planning on going to FLA in Feb sometime anyways! What do you think would be best? House probably, right? Especially with our own pool. Oh man, by that time we will be looking real good girlfriend! I think its good that we are about the same weight. It keeps us accountable to one another at least....well kinda, you know what I mean (i hope). Just keeps us on track. I'm going to weigh myself after I post.

Janet~ You totally rock! So impressive of you to do the CPR on that poor little baby. Glad they all made it.

Apples~ Really, you are hilarious! Like Great I too was almost peeing myself! Enjoy your time at the lake. Cannot wait for Florida! Obviously, I am as excited as you are. I feel like I already know all of you. This is going to be so fun! I don't wake up at 4 or 5 though. 8 is early enough for me. As you can see, I'm kind of a night owl.

Great~ I've always wanted to go to Israel too. Andrews (the BF) nephews father is from Israel and he just moved back there a few years ago. You will have a wonderful time, but wish that you could come to Folorida too!

If~ Congrats on the 1/2 way point!!!!:confused: What a fabulous feeling that has got to be!

Ok everyone, I got all of my school work done for the semester! YAY! So happy about that. Took my philosophy final yesterday and then went to this crazy vintage/rocker style store in downtown Detroit (where I go to Wayne State University) and bought myself an end of the semester present! I got a turtle shaped poison ring (you know, the kind that opens on a hinge). I am obsessed with turtles! I then went to visit my very very good friend at the hospital. She lost 337 pounds with help from bypass surgery and got her legs lifted on Monday. Well, she looked great when i went to see her and I left there around 8pm. At 11 she called me sobbing telling me that her hemoglobin was down to 5.2 and that she needed a blood transfusion! I went back to the hosp because I didn't want her to be alone. Poor thing! I didn't get home until 2 am. They gave her 7 units of blood and still no change in her hemoglobin. Please pray for her. Went to work today and didn't get home until late. Ate oatmeal this morning and salad with grilled chicken tonite for dinner. So good.

But, the best news of all is that I got registered for all of my classes for the fall! I will get two of my prerequsites done for the PA program too. But, the best news is I got into a Weight training scuplt and tone class on Mondays and Wednesdays!!!! Yay! I LOVE lifting weights!!!! It has been so long though. In high school I would lift with the boys and could lift my own body weight which was 155 pounds! Legs 585. Hopefully I can get there again! What a great jump start I will have on my fitness. It's like two days of group/personal training per week while getting credits for graduation. Talk about killing 2 birds with one stone! Ok, I was really excited about that one! I didn't think that I was going to be able to get into it because it was full, but I e-mailed the teacher the other day and ask if she would give special permission to let me in? She e-mailed back today and said "yes", so I'm just thrilled.

Anyways, I had so much to catch up on! It took me awhile to read 3 1/2 pages! I'm going to go to bed soon. I just turned mid-night a few minutes ago, so I woke Andrew up by singing Happy Birthday to him. 30 today! He is not excited, but I am! I got him a laptop! He's going back to school in the fall for his masters program, so this will be great for him. Plus, he's always fiddling around with mine!

Ok, apparently I REALLY like the sound of my own voice! Sorry, it's been a few days.

Ok, night all.

Love, Meredith

Good Morning Gang

Just a quick ck in - gotta get my butt in gear - Glad it's Friday..

Welcome Melinda !!!

But you made me think about some other things. I havent really been told not to eat anything, as a matter of fact before I get my fills they ask to make sure that EVERYTHING will go down.

You should be able to eat all types of food - IMHO it's important - but its the junk and fatty/sugary/starches foods that we need to have very limited amounts of as they are unhealthy - It's not like I don't ever have biscuts and gravy, or a piece of cake etc - I allow treats but eat healthy 98% of the time. I gotta say though for the 1st year I was pretty strict - at Xmas time I had Xmas Cookies that I made w/my GDaughter - But didn't eat any of the sweets that were at work and threw in an extra day or 2 of exercise. It's all about trade offs..

You really don't want to be so tight that you can't eat - We have to find that happy balance between being physically & mentally full..

You sound like you have a very full plate with working and school. Just find 3 ten minute breaks during the day where you move - this helps - and you have the weekends :0)

Meredith - Glad to hear about your semester being done - Hugs & prayers for GF - You are such a good freind..

Great on the weights !!!

Charlene - Glad you are fine - I was getting worried about you...

Well like I said just a drive by - I gotta get to work

CBL:wub:

Once I figure out this website I will be able to join in more. This is my first time.

Hi folks. Nice to find a place here to just 'talk'. I was banded July 16th, and have [mostly] replaced my computer addiction with an exercise addiction :-P. I don't get my first fill til September 10th...feels like forever!

I just finished my first week of C25K...wasn't pretty but got it done. I'm guessing I'll be on this first week for a couple MORE weeks. This 9 week course is going to look more like an 18 week course for me, but considering I've spent most of the last 4 years in front of my computer playing WoW I really can't complain.

I find I have TONS more energy than in the past, but I also find I'm incredibly impatient with myself. I want it ALL and I want it NOW:blushing:. I'm guessing that perhaps this isn't a new feeling?

I'm a little frustrated that I get hungry again [was SO nice right after surgery to not WANT food]. I'm trying to keep my calories around 1,000 with my net at least 450 under that.

Anyway, more than you wanted to know at this point, but thanks for letting me talk :(.

Once I figure out this website I will be able to join in more. This is my first time.

Welcome Blondie - Glad you came - when you sign on to lbt go to user cp - and all the threads that you have posted to should show up if there has been any activity since your last post - or you can choose to get an email notification every time someone post - I don't do that cuz it clogged up my email too much..

It takes awhile to figure it out - I know it did for me cuz this was the 1st website I ever posted on - you will get it - just keep coming back

LBT is a great place for info and support...

Hi folks. Nice to find a place here to just 'talk'. I was banded July 16th, and have [mostly] replaced my computer addiction with an exercise addiction :-P. I don't get my first fill til September 10th...feels like forever!

I just finished my first week of C25K...wasn't pretty but got it done. I'm guessing I'll be on this first week for a couple MORE weeks. This 9 week course is going to look more like an 18 week course for me, but considering I've spent most of the last 4 years in front of my computer playing WoW I really can't complain.

I find I have TONS more energy than in the past, but I also find I'm incredibly impatient with myself. I want it ALL and I want it NOW:blushing:. I'm guessing that perhaps this isn't a new feeling?

I'm a little frustrated that I get hungry again [was SO nice right after surgery to not WANT food]. I'm trying to keep my calories around 1,000 with my net at least 450 under that.

Anyway, more than you wanted to know at this point, but thanks for letting me talk :(.

Git..

Welcome too - Glad to have you... Whats C25K ??

Glad you are exercising - to me it's key in getting the weight off - I didn't do the net calorie thing - I think it's detrimental cuz when you think oh I had 450 calories today your brain says only 450 cal - oh you can have a few extra Snacks or high calorie meals - I kept my calories between 800-1200 and varied them during my weight loss phase and I banked my exercise calories - For me it worked - I only had 1 week in the 1st yr that I didn't lose..

So be carefull of the net calories - It may work for you - but as you go along and lose your restriction and hunger returns it's very easy to fall in the trap of I can have more cuz my net was so low for the day..

This isn't just about physical hunger - but your head hunger issues too - most of our problems lie in our heads - so you have to make this work for both your tummy & your head...

Well, I gotta get back to work - CBL

Laura~ Good news for daddy-o! Awesome. It sounds like he is starting to get back into the swing of things. I cannot wait for Florida! I was planning on going to FLA in Feb sometime anyways! What do you think would be best? House probably, right? Especially with our own pool. Oh man, by that time we will be looking real good girlfriend! I think its good that we are about the same weight. It keeps us accountable to one another at least....well kinda, you know what I mean (i hope). Just keeps us on track. I'm going to weigh myself after I post.

Meredith~ I DO know what you mean! I think you might pass me though, as I seem to be in a horrible plateau. I lost it so fast when I was in NC and then gained a couple back when I got home. At least now I am back down to original loss, even if I am staying same. At LEAST I am not gaining. For me I feel it has a lot to do with not exercising x 2 weeks. I also ate more calories than normal off and on this week. Nothing outrageous but I guess enough not to lose, just maintain. Yesterday was first day back to the gym. Did only 20 min cardio and then 40 min legs (weights and floor stuff). Then today 20 min step thread and 30 min upper body. I wish it had been longer, but had Nelson in the sitting room and he was pouting the whole time driving to the Y.

I think the house thing sounds good too. I think it will be easier for food, not having to eat out all the time. We can let Apples cook for us..LOL, kidding. : ) But having a full kitchen and stuff will be nice. At least we can do two meals in, one out.. or whatever. We can have margaritas and skinny dipping by moonlight..LOL

How is your friend that had the leg lift? Did she improve after the transfusions? Was she actively bleeding??? or was that during the surgery she lost the blood? It's not very common to lose that much blood. Dang.

Janet~ Congrats on the kitties!!! I am so proud of you reviving the one. My dad did the same when their cat had a litter. She refused to get one out of the sack, so dad did. That cat was always the funniest thing. He had a toe biting fetish. I swear he had brain damage. Pretty but no one was home. Sheba and Bear.. what's the other dog's name? I had a dog named Lucky when I was little.

Mrs. B~ I can only imagine if you have not traveled alone before, how stressful it seems. We don't care how you get to FL... either alone or with DH! We will make him feel at home. My DH claims he will keep Nelson that weekend alone. He has never watched him longer than 7-8 hrs. EVER, and that was a trip to the space center. So 4 hrs (2 up and 2 down) were spent in the car with movies on. He Will be 5 and a half by then and much easier to be with for a weekend.

Get, Blondie, Melinda, etc. Welcome welcome! This is the best group of mentors EVER! Congrats on your decision to accept only the best. : )

SIGH SIGH SIGH... uuurrrrggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh! When will my Dad's health stop being one problem after the next?! Well, last night his urine almost completely stopped. His kidney function tests have gotten worse the last 24 hrs. He is having pain over his kidney/back area. They aren't sure what is going on. DH spoke to every dr he has... like 4 of them. He joked and said he spoke to everyone but Obama today. Anyway, the plan is to take him to the OR 3-330. They will put a tube from the kidney to the outer back. (nephrostomy tube) to see if that will help it drain. If that doesn't help, then tomorrow they may have to do a kidney biopsy by laparoscopy. (versus a blind kidney biopsy). They would rather put him to sleep, blow up the belly/back area... and then look at the kidney/artery/ and be able to see exactly what area they are taking a sample from. Sometimes when they do it by just a needle, it can start bleeding uncontrollably. My mom is beside herself. Glad my sister is there. I am feeling horribly guilty that I am not there. Not that I would be able to do much, but you know what I mean.

DH is on call this weekend. : ( I am taking Nelson to a classmate's birthday party tomorrow. They are having a pool party at 4pm?! Isn't that a strange time?! I would rather have a kids party early in the morning when they are fresh and happy... not tired and melting. It's Nelson's last weekend of summer before school starts on Wed!!! So we will chill and have fun.

I need to go call my mom... I will update you all later.

peasout~~~

Laura, I'm SO very sorry about your Dad! Sending healing wishes through you to him.

Indi, the C25K is a running program [Couch to 5K]. What I'm currently doing can only loosely [VERY loosely] be called running, but I'm on the treadmill trying :wink2:.

As far as the calories. I only count my total, I just enjoy looking at what my exercise contributes to my journey. I did fall off the wagon BIG time on the 18th [my birthday]. With no real restriction and old b-day habits rearing their ugly heads.

I didn't lose any weight this week, but am back where I started the week :cursing:. I gave myself a good mental 'whoppin' and got back on track with a vengence!

Thanks for the welcome :(.

Hello Band Pals,

Today is my Bandiversary..... August 21, 2008 was my surgery... So very much has happened to me in that one year... I've lost 101 pounds (I flucuate on 3 pounds, but I still count the 101 as real!!), but I'd lost most of that in about 8 months when all the other stuff hit the fan!!! I've been under anesthetic 3 times with 2 major surgeries, nearly died twice, spent 26 days in the hospital, spent about 6 months in total recovering, been completely unfilled, been told I couldn't lose as I needed to get my strength and health back, and now am finally starting to fill back up again... Most of my weight loss has been done with just my own willpower as I have never had any real restriction.. I was just getting to that point when I had to get unfilled... Now I'm back to 7.2 in my 14 cc band... Have a fill scheduled for Monday... This first year has been a challenge, but I made it and I did pretty well as far as loss is concerned.. I'm ready to start the next year, but really want for my band to take control of things for a while.. I have learned that I have not conquered my old habits and fall back into them easily if I let go...And I have let go more than one time I'm sorry to say.... But that is all behind me now and I'm ready to get started on losing the rest of this.. I'm past the half way mark with what I can lose and know I'll need one of those leg lifts like Meredith's friend after that.. That is my problem area, the upper inner thighs... and I would love to have them done down the road a ways... So, thanks all for listening... I'm really counting on the next fill to start things off for me with a bang.... Need to see the scale go down to get my next year going....

Meredith, congrats on being done with school...Laura, gosh your dad is having a tough time... It must be so hard for you to just sit and wait for something positive to happen... We'll keep him in our prayers....

Welcome to the new ones... We are a busy bunch so you just have to jump in and get comfortable....

Took DD to dentist today and now need to get things put away from my Wal-mart shopping.... Groceries and such... We are doing supper out and pinochle with friends tonight... I should be able to get rid of the rest of those dang Cookies tonight during cards.... Yeah.... You all take care... Julie

Tikitac - OMG - I live in Indio !!! I rarely find anyone from the Desert!!! Who's doing your surgery- Dr Bobby ??

Here's how to get a ticker

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f5/ticker-tutorial-pictures-41782/

Laura - Oh hugs on your Dad - I sure hope they find out what in the heck is going on ... Keep us posted..

Ya if I were having a pool party for kids - it would have been around noon...

You have been out of your element for a while - don't get frustrated - I can imagine how hard this has been on you food wise and the stress.. Just keep doing the work and it will come off..

I would LOVE TO EAT APPLES COOKING !!! Oh girl we wouldn't do that to you - well maybe one meal...

Julie - CONGRATS ON YOUR 1 YR ANNIVERSARY AND 101 GONE... You have done EXCELLENT especially with all the medical problems you have had lately - Hopefully the fill will help..

Gitrdone- Birthday's don't count !!! It's ok to have a piece of cake - it's not that one piece of cake & ice cream that got us fat - it was cuz we ate 2 - 3 - 4 piece or the whole darn thing..

I have treats but they are planned - You can't live life without them - again this isn't a diet but a whole lifestyle change - Even during my weight loss phase I had cake if it was someones bday - or my own - I go out to concerts and have a couple drinks - I live my life - it just doesn't evolve around food like it use too...

As long as the calorie counting/exercise equaztion works for you - Good - I know if I thought of it that way - I would eat more..

Well gang - I'm just cking in - I am glad it's Friday - Tomorrow 8:30 hair appointment - Then Sunday going shopping w/GF as she needs a dress for a wedding

Those are my only plans - I need to clean but who wants to do that :0)..