Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

quick update: Dad had surgery last night around 9. B/c he ate some Cereal, they decided to do a spinal to avoid the risk of general anesthesia. It turned out to be a great decision. He was even pain free for a while after the surgery. This morning he is having a lot of groin pain- they had trouble getting the foley back in, must've caused some trouble. The kidney is peeing like a race horse!!! yeah! : ) And it just makes me shudder that the damn urologist didn't want to do another cysto! It wasn't until DH insisted- that she decided to do it! The labs are better. Had gone up to 6 and now in the 5s today. That was 3 am too, so this afternoon should be better. My sister is not working right now (foreclosed on condo too) and is now living with my parents. (sigh- can't imagine doing that at 48 years old). That's a whole nother day. Anyway, she was home watching house.. cats.. garden, etc. But I called her last night and told her to go back to the hospital to be with my mom. She would not have thought of doing that on her own. I had to tell her to bring detergent/dryer sheets so she can go get mom's laundry done for her too. Who is the older sister here?! I am frustrated that I cannot be up there. a) Nelson starts school next week :blink: he is not tolerating the hospital room anymore. The room in this hospital is 1/2 the size of the one in Charlotte. (there there was a big window seat/couch- Nelson would do art and play or watch computer). At Duke has to sit in a horrible meeting chair. So even if I went for a couple days, I wouldn't get much done, as he just cannot last long sitting there. I know my parents understand. Even Dad was like "get that poor kid out of this depressing place!" Thanks again guys for your thoughts and prayers. I am not a very religious person... but I do believe in the power of prayer.

Nelson is exhausted today. He slept late (until 7:45) which is VERY unusual for him. He wasn't hungry either. I hope he isn't coming down with something. Maybe he is just tired. I tried to motivate him to get going.. so I could get to the YMCA (he would have to go in the kids' room) and he started crying. He has not had a meltdown about going there in a long time. He was just adamant that he didn't want to go and that he hated it there. I know I am a complete softy for caving in. It's not like I REALLY want to go to exercise anyway! And to FIGHT for it. Geez. I took the path of least resistance. <sigh> ok girls... let me have it. DH is on call tonight too, and will likely be gone all day/night. At least he will be home tomorrow and I can go in the morning. School starts next week and I will definitely get back on my schedule. I drop Nels off at carline at 8:30 and then the Y is 1 mile from his school.

Meredith~:D:w00t::lol: WTG!!! Ok girl, you are officially less than me! Way to keep ME motivated now!!! We told you it would come down. I am so proud of you.

Apples~ holy cow! You have me laughing so hard, I almost wet myself!!! LOL. Feeling 6-8 men would keep me stressed out..LOL! You must've been posting while I am typing. Until I switched to advanced, I didn't have your post. OK, lunch meat going in the freezer! I never even thought about it. I think I will put them in little snack bags and then have little servings. What about cheese? I know my mom used to even throw 1/2 gallons of milk and even butter in back in the day. But can't remember if she froze cheese. We are in need of a new fridge. Our freezer is fickle. The ice maker died and since then we get wicked frost. If I had this one as a spare, then I wouldn't mind getting someone to come look at it. I always hate when you are rushed and they can charge you an arm and a leg.

Mrs. Bubba~ Hope you feel better. The soak sounds great! I'll be right over to join you! Then we can stop by Apples for lunch. :tt2:

Janet~ Thanks for all the info. Does the LB make you have a code to access that info? They are definitely in competition with the Realize folks. It's good.. and healthy! Also, I never get tired of hearing your advice. Thanks.

Great~ I am craving Cookies too. LOL! Thanks for your thoughts. I am still shocked that there are docs that don't use lidocaine. Hmmm.. trying to understand the logic. If you are not really big, I can see that if they get it in one smooth stick, it wouldn't much matter. The needle going in to numb hurts the first entrance, as would the fill. BUT... if it was like my first couple- he had a hell of a time finding my port. It was tough because of position and my belly. And the seroma I had. Guys, my only advice is.. if you are that scared, then you have a right to INSIST on the numbing medicine. Or ask for some Michael Jackson propofol..LOL.

ok all. I am off to peek in on Nelson. There is silence from his playroom, never a good thing..LOL. Usually mean he is up to no good! Maybe I will clean some more.. my favorite past time. There's a really bad storm here right now. Thunder.. light show. Watching those hurricanes.. thank God they are going toward the north. I am NOT in the mood.

peasout~Laura

Julie...not sure about when I will head to the lake this week. Still knee deep in bookwork today but hoping to finish it all by tonight. Thinking it will be tomorrow night b/4 I take off or even maybe Friday. Have a birthday party for a special 5yr old neighbor girl up there on Sat. evening. We are known as Uncle and Auntie up there. 90% of our fun up there is adopting the kids. We have a load of them under the age of 5. They all know where my treat box is and respect the rule of 1 a day. (OK...I'm not that strong....I sometimes sugar them up and send them back to momma!). We sometimes have a housefull of kiddies. We watch movies with them (I keep a supply of updated kids movies), put puzzles together, play ball with the dog, etc. If my two DS's would provide grandchildren, I will be prepared. We have already informed them that they will be spoiled rotten and then we will return them to be straightened out by mom and dad.

Love bookwork but I'm off and cannot find it. (Banging head against wall). Later.

Laura....I promise that if you and Julie make it for lunch, I will not try to feel you guys!

Poor little Nelson. He most likely isn't sick. Just wants to hang out in his "normal" home. We always noticed that if we upset our kid's schedule, they (and us) paid for it for a couple of days. Having all the company yesterday was most likely fun for him but he needs time with mommy. You'll get back into the swing of exercise when he is in school. Try to go when you can until that time.

I freeze cheese and butter all the time. If I get a good deal with coupons or sales, I buy ahead and throw in freezer. Not a big deal. Just make sure to use freezer bags or freezer paper.

Hey...you sound like me. I LOVE to clean and organize. It's my de-stresser. I always feel so good about an organized closet, drawers, etc.

Hopefully your weather does not turn wicked. My DH and I always laugh about our DS when he moved to Daytona from Santa Barbara. You would need to understand this kid to laugh about it. When he was younger we called him the "Happy Wanderer". Followed thru to adulthood. When things got quite, I had to run to find him when he was little. Anyway, his name is Charlie....he is a whirlwind of activity. Always setting his sights high on things and somehow achieved them at a young age. Well, he flew from SB to DB the day Hurricaine Charlie hit back in 2004. That entire year was filled with hurricaines. We always rib him that he started it all.

Well, time to go feel the guys!

Laura...omitted anything about your dad. Happy to hear that things are taking a turn towards the positive again. Take care and don't worry about not being there right now. Put a fire under your sister's A$$ (in a sweet way) and let her handle it right now.

I'm going to put this out there as long as I am thinking of it. We have all talked about trying to get together at some point. We talked Vegas but have not heard anything at all about the conference out there. Have sent Coach Cheryl a couple of messages but have not recieved a reply so I take that as it is not happening.

How about a meet in FL in Feb? This gives everyone time to plan.

I'm going to put this out there as long as I am thinking of it. We have all talked about trying to get together at some point. We talked Vegas but have not heard anything at all about the conference out there. Have sent Coach Cheryl a couple of messages but have not recieved a reply so I take that as it is not happening.

How about a meet in FL in Feb? This gives everyone time to plan.

Ooooooh! Sounds great! Count me in!!! We could do it in Orlando- then you'd be nearby. It's not far for me either, couple hours. Just outside of Orlando we can rent a 6 bedroom house for like $150-200 a night. If enough folks were coming it would cost next to nothing. Or we could plan on meeting at a hotel and get a block of rooms. Once we kinda know how many are interested, get a vote for the preferred accomidation- I could help organize it. I wouldn't mind doing it in my town either. Lots of little hotels on the Water that would make a nice meeting spot. Some examples...

Lake Buena Vista Florida Vacation Rentals - $79 New House 5/3 w/pool 5 mins to Disney World

Orlando Vacation Homes 2008 Nightly Rental Rates

I would happily help to organize, Laura. Some of us have talked about this so often and think it's time to get together with the people who can make it. Not sure if I am interested in the Disney thing (been there way too many times) but could certainly work around it.

Let's see how many are interested and go from there. (Hyperventilating....so excited)!

Good Afternoon - just a quick ck in..

Apples - I should be able to swing Feb and fab that you will orginize

Watermelon - ya I can eat it more than 1.5 cups (w/salt too!!) but I have gotten stuck on it sometimes - but that's usually cuz I eat too fast and don't chew :0) But again I am not so tight as some are - Like you I can eat just about anything..

Meredith - Congrats on the loss - You will learn during this journey how your body is going to lose it's weight - we are all diff and I don't think it's too early to share your story...

Eva - I never went to college - did upper bacularrett (sp) classes for my designations (I have intial's behind my name AU Associate in Underwriting & CPIW Certified Prof Ins Woman - but these were home study programs and then you went to a college and took 9 essay questions test that each had 3 parts to 1 question) I was in my 30's -

Right now I don't have the time to study/learn - I guess I could on my own - Like you maybe when I retire :0)

Laura - you just go to the lapband site and sign up - I did that along time ago (1st banded) have been back once or twice but in 6/08 I was invited to be on a advisory council and went to las vegas on them :0)

Glad your Dad is doing better - Hugs with Nelson and yes the babies sometimes are more grown up than the older ones

Great - I got these wonderful cookie from Baratric Choice Peanut Butter 160 cal and they are huges & soft with 15 grams of pt - Proti Diet - I orderd choc & oatmeal yesterday - I keep them at work - they are my pre-workout snacks

Also got some pt bars double peatnut butter (barwise) again 15 grms pt & 150 calories again to die for - ordered choc yesterday... Again I don't know if I will keep these at home cuz they are too good and during the day I have will power and nite - it's not so good - so I don't want to tempt myself..

Larry - Thanks - I feel great !!! It's normal to be nervous we all were - but as you can tell by reading the post here - we all feel it's the best damn thing we could have done for ourselves - and pretty soon you won't be able to sign off with your Fat Friend Larry :0)

Well gang gotta get back to work - ttyl Hugs

OMG, OMG, OMG....Janet can make it to FL in Feb. Now, who else is going to jump in?????????? As soon as we can get more stating they can make it, Laura and I will start taking suggestions as far as dates, etc. and start looking for a location that will work. (Breath, Apples, breath!).

Janet...thanks for responding on the watermelon. I just worry sometimes (even though I am not tight) when I can eat more than the 1.5 cups that I will expand my pouch. I guess I am far enough out that I shouldn't doubt myself and should trust my "full" feeling.

OMG, OMG, OMG....Janet can make it to FL in Feb. Now, who else is going to jump in?????????? As soon as we can get more stating they can make it, Laura and I will start taking suggestions as far as dates, etc. and start looking for a location that will work. (Breath, Apples, breath!).

Janet...thanks for responding on the watermelon. I just worry sometimes (even though I am not tight) when I can eat more than the 1.5 cups that I will expand my pouch. I guess I am far enough out that I shouldn't doubt myself and should trust my "full" feeling.

If its a weekend I might be able to swing it. Sounds wonderful. Sunshine in Feb.

If its a weekend I might be able to swing it. Sounds wonderful. Sunshine in Feb.

All Right, If! I am thinking that we would get more of a crowd if we did the weekend thing. Cannot wait to meet you!!!!!!:biggrin:

I would happily help to organize, Laura. Some of us have talked about this so often and think it's time to get together with the people who can make it. Not sure if I am interested in the Disney thing (been there way too many times) but could certainly work around it.

Let's see how many are interested and go from there. (Hyperventilating....so excited)!

Oh my... oh my.. oh my! I am getting excited tooooooooO! I said Orlando b/c it has a big airport and always has tons of cheap flights. I too have been there, done that, WAYYYY too many times. We had season passes last year to Disney and Sea World and Space Center! <yawn> There are a gazillion places to stay. Janet, when you guys did your lucky 7, did you stay in a hotel or a house? How many of you were there? Hell, if we only have 4 of us- I will still do it! I am soooo serious! If we did it in my town, we would fly into West Palm Beach and then have to drive about 50 minutes north. Wow! Can't wait guys!

I made a middle eastern lentil Soup for dinner tonight. yum. Meredith keeps talking about her Lebanese place and I have had that Soup on the brain! It came out really really good.

Spoke to Mom and Dad just a sec ago. Creat is down to 5.0. His kidney is making beautiful urine, even though it has blood in it- we will take it. He sounds a little better spirits. He did get up and walk today with a walker for the physical therapist. progress.

Have a nice night!

peasout!

Oh my... oh my.. oh my! I am getting excited tooooooooO! I said Orlando b/c it has a big airport and always has tons of cheap flights. I too have been there, done that, WAYYYY too many times. We had season passes last year to Disney and Sea World and Space Center! <yawn> There are a gazillion places to stay. Janet, when you guys did your lucky 7, did you stay in a hotel or a house? How many of you were there? Hell, if we only have 4 of us- I will still do it! I am soooo serious! If we did it in my town, we would fly into West Palm Beach and then have to drive about 50 minutes north. Wow! Can't wait guys!

I made a middle eastern lentil Soup for dinner tonight. yum. Meredith keeps talking about her Lebanese place and I have had that soup on the brain! It came out really really good.

Spoke to Mom and Dad just a sec ago. Creat is down to 5.0. His kidney is making beautiful urine, even though it has blood in it- we will take it. He sounds a little better spirits. He did get up and walk today with a walker for the physical therapist. progress.

Have a nice night!

peasout!

Laura...I am fine with Orlando area. Might make it easier for those flying in and the flights would be cheaper also.

Any ideas from anyone else are welcome. Please, please...each and every one of you....say you will come!

Good news on your dad, Laura. Hope the #'s keep going in the right direction.

Tilapia (sp?), sweet corn fresh out of the field (:crying:makes my stoma spasm), homemade whole wheat english muffin bread and watermelon on the table tonight. Oh yeah...cherry cobbler.

Apples - President's weekend would be good time - that way I could like take Friday off and don't have to be back to work until Tuesday..

As far as full I usually get full on my hard Proteins - then wait a bit to eat my veggies then my starch... Like you said you know your full - and sometime it takes more to feel full than others...

Laura - when we went to Mall of America we stayed in hotel (homewood suites - loved those they were like a studio apt)

When we went to Canada - We stayed at Candice's house - she had a basement so there were like 2 other bed rooms down stairs and 3 up stairs.

Well I have gym tonite - arms - I didn't tell you all earlier - but grandson came home late - and woke me up (2:15 ish) and I couldn't go back to sleep - I stayed in bed til like 4 then got up and colored my hair - can't believe I am not exhausted - but will see how my workout goes - I bet I fade fast...