Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Laura...I am fine with Orlando area. Might make it easier for those flying in and the flights would be cheaper also.

Any ideas from anyone else are welcome. Please, please...each and every one of you....say you will come!

Good news on your dad, Laura. Hope the #'s keep going in the right direction.

Tilapia (sp?), sweet corn fresh out of the field (:crying:makes my stoma spasm), homemade whole wheat english muffin bread and watermelon on the table tonight. Oh yeah...cherry cobbler.

OK. I don't want anybody going on a busman's holiday and spending their time cooking for us, but I'm telling you, Laura and Apples--you guys make me want to try your food.

Back from the gym - did pretty good - didn't fade

Apples food makes my mouth water... But I don't have the control she does - I would over do especially on the sweets :0)

Well, gotta go fix some dinner - and get to bed early..

Will cbl

Hey everyone,

This morning I was 2 lbs down which puts me at the halfway point. Whoo-hoo. I also have dropped 3 and 1/2 scripts and 2 supplements. Whoo hoo! My halfway pic should be on my posts now. My starting picture is in my album. Whoo hoo!

Oops. Must have done something wrong. Not that computer literate.

Fixed it.

Edited by ifyourstomachoffendsyou

I don't know gang, I'm a big chicken.:biggrin:... I've never traveled without my DH.... He is so good to watch out for me. Of course I have always been so overweight in the past... Needed the security of knowing he was in the next seat so I could lean on him and not feel so much like a blob getting into a stranger's space... I'm already scared :eek:and I haven't even made up my mind... DH says I can go if I want to, but I'm not sure... A weedend would be better for me, too, because of my daycare responsibilities, but that may change by the time Feb rolls around... I don't know, I'm very unsure of what to say....Part of me wants to say yes and the rest of me is terrified at the thought:ohmy:... Apples, where do you fly out of from your home? We go from Bismarck to Minneapolis usually.....Maybe we could connect in MPLS if that is where you go to.... I just have to sleep on this and worry about it for awhile:confused:... I know I sound pathetic, but I've just never traveled without my husband... and I like it that way.....

Just put my little one to bed so the rest of the night should be quiet... This is the last night for this week... She won't be back again until Monday evening... DD is growing to hate this night shift... She feels like she doesn't get to see Mimi for days at a time and also has trouble transitioning back to sleeping at night when she is off.... I know I would have trouble with it....

Well, goodnight all.... Talk to you all tomorrow.. Julie

Its been a while since I have been on this site. I find it a little ironic that before I had the lapband surgery I was on here just about everyday and since surgery I have visited less and less. Ok, I need some help. I had surgery on July 1, 2009. My doctor gave me a little restriction at that time so I wouldnt be hungry in the all liquids phase, after that he waited a month to give me a fill. Since then I have got a fill every 2 weeks, I am up to 5 right now. The doctor was only there for the first fill, since that time it has been the nurse. I tried to talk to her (not so friendly) to find out what I am doing wrong bc I honestly dont feel like I have very much restriction but all she told me was "it is very seldom that even a man goes above 7 or 8 so you will probably be through with your fills pretty soon". I know that the band doesnt do the work for me but I dont think I am filling up as fast as I should. I can eat more than I was told that I would be able to eat without feeling stuffed or sick. I am not measuring how much I eat by getting sick, I am just trying to find something that most of you can relate to. I want this to work. Can some of you bandsters that have been successful please give me a few pointers to help me. This isnt bandster hell is it...this is way too fast to be bandster hell right? Thanks everyone!!

Good Morning Gang...

As of 3:15 a.m. this morning I am the proud Great Grandma to 5 kittens (don't think one is going to make it frown.gif) I have been giving it cpr - it was all alone under my bed (this is where Sheba had her kitten - I woke up hearing kitten cries) It was still in the sack and it's the biggest one it's breathing but that's about it - and the cutiest little runt that's strong !! They all are red tabbies like Mom - so I guess the bastard that took advantage of my under age kitten and got her pg was the other red tabby that I had seen around the house and not the white one.

Went to bed about 10 - another no sleep nite - I helpped clean them up - they are all now in the box feeding - but Sheba's so furry it's hard to find her tits..

So here I sit drinking my french press coffee (need the extra caffine again today) another nite of not much sleep.< /strong>

Ok need advice - I was young and don't remember how I took care of Jasmine my other cat who had kittens a long long time ago - should I put food and Water and the kitty litter box in the spare room where we have them right now..

I don't think the dogs will bother them but both Andrew and I have work today...

Anyone know ???

Hey everyone,

This morning I was 2 lbs down which puts me at the halfway point. Whoo-hoo. I also have dropped 3 and 1/2 scripts and 2 supplements. Whoo hoo! My halfway pic should be on my posts now. My starting picture is in my album. Whoo hoo!

Oops. Must have done something wrong. Not that computer literate.

Fixed it.

Congrat Cheri !!! WTG !!! I will ck out the pic's - love the avtar...

I don't know gang, I'm a big chicken.:blink:... I've never traveled without my DH.... He is so good to watch out for me. Of course I have always been so overweight in the past... Needed the security of knowing he was in the next seat so I could lean on him and not feel so much like a blob getting into a stranger's space... I'm already scared :eek:and I haven't even made up my mind... DH says I can go if I want to, but I'm not sure... A weedend would be better for me, too, because of my daycare responsibilities, but that may change by the time Feb rolls around... I don't know, I'm very unsure of what to say....Part of me wants to say yes and the rest of me is terrified at the thought:ohmy:... Apples, where do you fly out of from your home? We go from Bismarck to Minneapolis usually.....Maybe we could connect in MPLS if that is where you go to.... I just have to sleep on this and worry about it for awhile:confused:... I know I sound pathetic, but I've just never traveled without my husband... and I like it that way.....

Just put my little one to bed so the rest of the night should be quiet... This is the last night for this week... She won't be back again until Monday evening... DD is growing to hate this night shift... She feels like she doesn't get to see Mimi for days at a time and also has trouble transitioning back to sleeping at night when she is off.... I know I would have trouble with it....

Well, goodnight all.... Talk to you all tomorrow.. Julie

Julie my gf you gotta come !!!!! You need to break out of your shell - You have done so well on your journey - you have lost over 100 lbs and for the last few months you have been thru hell and back with all your medical problems - We love you and you are a part of this group... We are all in diff stages of our journey - some are maintaining some are still losing - So Don't let your weight stop you from enjoying life - this is why you got banded in the 1st place.. And if your DH want's to come - that's fine too as long as he doesn't mind being around a ton of women - on our 1st lucky 7 gathering Phyl's Dh came - it's great with all us girls and the last gathering we had 2 dh's - they mostly did stuff by themselves but on Sunday Linda's hubby went to Elvis church with us and spent the whole day with us..

[QUOTE=melinda_205;1306070]Its been a while since I have been on this site. I find it a little ironic that before I had the lapband surgery I was on here just about everyday and since surgery I have visited less and less. Ok, I need some help. I had surgery on July 1, 2009. My doctor gave me a little restriction at that time so I wouldn't be hungry in the all liquids phase, after that he waited a month to give me a fill. Since then I have got a fill every 2 weeks, I am up to 5 right now. The doctor was only there for the first fill, since that time it has been the nurse. I tried to talk to her (not so friendly) to find out what I am doing wrong bc I honestly dont feel like I have very much restriction but all she told me was "it is very seldom that even a man goes above 7 or 8 so you will probably be through with your fills pretty soon". I know that the band doesn't do the work for me but I dont think I am filling up as fast as I should. I can eat more than I was told that I would be able to eat without feeling stuffed or sick. I am not measuring how much I eat by getting sick, I am just trying to find something that most of you can relate to. I want this to work. Can some of you bandsters that have been successful please give me a few pointers to help me. This isnt bandster hell is it...this is way too fast to be bandster hell right? Thanks everyone!!

Melinda

Hugs on your struggles - how much can you eat and what were you told to eat - what are you eating and pouch full is totally diff than what we are use to (thanksgiving full)

If you are eating slider foods you aren't going to feel full (not even pouch full) and if you do it won't last long..

Give me what you are eating - are you eating off dessert plates and 1 cup bowls ...

Bandster hell is when you don't have restriction. But like you say - you make the food choices not the band.

Are you getting any physical activity in - I don't remember if you had a ticker or not - what's your weight loss been since 7/1??

Well Gang gotta jump in the shower it's almost 5:45 - GS went back to sleep - I woke him up when the kittens were born - but to me why go back to sleep at 4 when I get up at 5...

Julies - Please reconsider coming - it will be good for you - it will be the 1st of many new experiences that you will be able to enjoy in this journey to lose our weight... I really really believe it with be therapeutic for you to come...

You have all us to lean on !!!! We are your family now too

Morning,

Janet, I never thought about having DH come along.... He says I can go, but don't know if he will want to or not. I guess I can ask..... I know all you said is true.... and it isn't as though I've never traveled... just not without him!!! I've even been to Europe a couple times... And I hate flying... and I hate airports.. mostly because of the weight thing again.. I hate asking for an extension for my seat belt and couldn't put the tray down comfortably.... And then there is the seat spacing.. One time we missed our connecting flight because we sat on the tarmak in Amersterdam so long... Had to run to make the next connection (and I don't run well)... got there to find out they changed gates and it was clear across the dang place.. No carts in sight....missed it.. Then had to take seats on the next flight where we could get them.. We were all separated.. I finally asked the lady next to my daughter if she would switch places so we woueld both be more comfortable... She was very nice and thanked me for being considerate... Little did she know I did it for me, not her!!! Anyway... These are some of my phobias about flying... Feb is 6 months away and I should be able to lose a few more pounds by then, but "breaking out of my shell" won't come easy.... DH won't be working then so he could come if we don't have "mega winter" like we had last year.. Had to cancel our trip to Ohio last year because of all the snow.. We have rental property and had no one to do all the snow removal.. It was an everyday thing last year... Anyway, I'll think about it...

Melinda, I think that nurse if full of it.. Everyone is different and you'll know when you reach the right spot... Before my unfill in April I was at 8.6 in a 14 CC band and I didn't have good restriction.. Had to have the unfill and now am started back on my fill journey again finally... I have a fill on Monday... so far I have 7.2 cc's.... Sometimes it depends on you and your stomach and sometimes on the size of your band, I think.. So hang in there and listen to your body and not that nurse!!!

DH and Mimi are off again. We have another cool rainy day, so don't know what I will do today.. Maybe it's a good day to read a book or clean cupboards or something not too strenuous like that... Have a good day............. TTYL................. Julie

Greetings! Wow 3 pages of posts to catch up on and 1 1/2 of those were from Apples!! LOL Love it! Now I missed her it sounds like as she is off to the lake again. HOpe you are having a good time as I know you are!

Feb meeting. I'd LOVE to come, but rather doubt it. My folks live north of Orlando too so I could've visited them and then joined this gathering. HOwever at the end of Feb I am going on a trip/tour over to Isreal and the Holy Land. Doubt I can swing this trip just a week or so before that. DANG IT!!

But...Julie, you ought to go. This trip by yourself would be such a growing experience for you and such a confidence booster. Sure, you'll be nervous and scared, but when you get there and meet all these beautiful women you will feel so good about it and have these gals to Celebrate with. I hear just what you are saying about middle seats, seat belt extenders. I am in a position where I can fly anywhere in the world when I want for free, but yet I never went for those same reasons. We fly standby as employees and get the last empty seats which many times are center seats. I'd get so panicked. But now 126 lbs less I fit just fine. Now I just need unlimited $$$ so I can travel. Yes I can go free, but it costs money when I get there for hotels, cars, shopping, etc.

Melinda, I have 11 ccs in my band (it's a 14cc band) everyone is different. I needed 7 or 8 fills. I had some restriction all along but would lose the restriction really fast as I was losing weight. I am good now and have not had a fill in months. The average your nurse was giving you is just that an average. That means some folks were less and some were more. However, be sure you are eating the harder Proteins and not soft or slider foods as that makes a big difference on the full feeling as well.

Freezing, butter, cheese, meats, I freeze it all too. I buy stuff on sale and put it in the freezer. No problems except when I forget to date it or rotate stuff in my freezer and it gets forgotten. Those new ziploc freezer bags are great but we have also recently invested in a seal a meal type thing that is even better.

Laura, glad your dad is taking a turn for the better again, let's hope the road to recovery is now straight with no more turns for the worse!

Janet aka kitty grandma, congrats on your new additions! LOL How's the one doing? is it going to make it? are you going to sell them or give them away? I'd take one if I wasn't so so so allergic to them, (to the point of needing steroid injections and very close to hospitalization last time I spent some time with some kitties).

Well off to lunch with a friend, then gotta pack for camping.

I think you are going to be my hero and lap band buddy rolled into one. I am 60 years old and it is comforting to me to see your age. Much younger but much closer than most. What excercise did you start with and what do you do now?

HE MADE IT !!!! :blink:

(I think it's a he - looks like tiny balls by his butt) We checked on them before we left for work and all 5 were moving and breathing - Just call me the Cat Whisperer :)) - Cat's name will be Lucky !!!! Who knows I may keep this one - I am a sucker but I saved his life so he will love me :o) !!!! Need another animal like a hole in the head - 2 dogs and 1 cat already.. We will see :0)

I put the child gate up so that only Sheba can get thru the opening - she was out in the kitchen eating when we left - Andrew said that bear was in there and Sheba was ok - Bear is very maternal... She's ok with the dogs so far..

- Andrew has a few pple who want a kitten - the others are going to the no kill shelter and Sheba will be fixed in 2 weeks....

Well just wanted you all to know that cpr works on animals too !!! Pushed his chest with my finger and blew into his mouth and nose :0) just like to do with a baby.. That's the 1st time I have preformed CPR :mellow:

Julie you have already lost 100 lbs - that's going to make a difference...

Where are you Charlene - I am coming looking for you...

Kathy/Boos you too...

Janet, forgot to say congrats on the kittens... My mother's cat, Sheba, (how's that for coincidence!!) had 3 kittens a few weeks ago.. My little Laromi just loved to go see them and sqeeze them of course.... One day DD and I left Mimi with Mother for some reason and when we got back we were going to the garage to see the kittens before leaving... Found them all dead... Sheba had taken them to a back corner, but all were dead... My mother had a fit as they had been just fine earlier when they were playing with them... Sent DH over later to bury them. I was blaming Mom's cocker spaniel for the deed, but he said no... Finally figured out it was an old ugly tom cat who got in the garage.. He knocked their box down and did a juggular type kill in each one.... What a terrible ordeal.... Glad yours are in the house... Who would expect a stray to come in through the pet door and kill kittens..... Not a very nice story to share, but I couldn't help but think of it when you asked if they would be alright in the house... My mother will be doing things different if Sheba has any more kittens.....

Great, thanks for the advice and I'm glad to know someone else had the same worries as I when flying... I'll talk to DH and see what he says... Sorry you can't make it... I unerstand why you can't ... A trip to Isreal would make me a bit nervous.. That's something my Mother has always wanted to do.... good for you...... Do you get overseas flights the same as inside the US??? We'll have to try a meet again or maybe we should change the place to CO instead of FL..... Cold vs. warm.... HMMMMMMMM!!!

Time to get ready for my show... I love "Young and the Restless" but right now I don't appreciate most of the storylines.. They always have to mess up the good marraiges.... Don't they know a happy ending is interesting, too.....Take care.......... Julie

Edited by Mrs. Bubba

I think you are going to be my hero and lap band buddy rolled into one. I am 60 years old and it is comforting to me to see your age. Much younger but much closer than most. What excercise did you start with and what do you do now?

Welcome JoJo - Thanks

For the 1st eight months I just walked on the treadmill - like 1 mile in 25 minutes on no incline - then every few weeks I increased my speed and time.. I now do 3.5 to 4 miles in an hour on inclines from 2 to 15 - it's all about varying intensity..

Also I got a trainer (working with weights) 8 months out after I had lost 2/3rds of my weight - I think I was 173 in March 08 and had my lapband conference in June and lost 25 lbs in those 2.5 months -

I now do 2 days cardio and 2 days weights - the more muscles you have the more calories you burn - it also helps our bones and core strenght that we need at our age.

Look forward to having you join the gang & I - We are a pretty fun group if I do say so myself...

Hi

I have been reading some of the blogs and it sounds like you are all very friendly and fun. When you started eating solid foods did any of them become difficult to tolerate?

Welcome newbies and returnees.

I hope wherever we go that we do schedule some fun things to do and places to go. I know there's more in Orlando area than Disney.

Julie, sounds like you have a lot of fears to face. Facing them can only help your recovery. But you can only do this when you're ready. Just think of the example you'd set for your children and grandchildren in establishing independence. Also, you might not always have your DH. Do it for you.