Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Hello all!

Wow, what a chicken I was being about getting a fill! I got 3 cc's put in, and now I am on liquids for 2 days. It was a cinch! No problem what-so-ever. I hope everyone elses fills go just as well this week.

Laura~ Just for the record, I'm in for sure. Add me to the list!

Ok, just relaxing now. We just got home from dinner (soup for me!) with my sister and a bunch of friends. My one and only baby sister is leaving on wednesday to move all the way to huntington beach, cali! I'm sad, but excited for her. Hopefully all of you on the east coast can keep track of her for me!

CBL~ Meredith

Hey Gang - this is a late ck in for me - but went to the gym - had a crappy day at work and I'm was tired - but went to the gym - legs/trainer - he said you look tired and said ya I am - just a crappy Monday - I didn't want to go I really really didn't I am sick and tired of gym gym gym and it just doesn't seem like I have enough evenings to myself - to veg.. but I went - cuz I knew I would feel better after I did - the first few exercises were hard - but - just like I knew - by the end of the hour - well tonite was 1:15 we did some extra abs - I did feel better - came home cleaned the kitchen - that gs said he would but didn't !!! Then had to balance bro's estate cking (I don't balance my own account I just look and make sure the there aren't charges that I didn't make) and pay bills

Hey guys~

Linda, wow, you had an gulf front condo for $900 a week? Even in July that is a great deal. I lived on the Gulf in Clearwater Beach the year before I got married. Just LOVE it. OK... here is a web site. Vacation rentals beach house rentals Clearwater Beach Florida Tampa Bay

Here's the deal though with BEACH rentals during the high season. It's almost unheard of to get less than a week's rental. (Where in Orlando they will do it by the night with a 2 day min.) How many people can stay longer than the weekend? Take a look at the houses. They are looking more like 2300-3500/week for a 5 bedroom. I don't think a 2 br condo would be big enough. We need to start a list of who is a definite so we can see what size place we need. I spoke to the manager of that rental company. I told her we were a group of health(y) professionals having a meeting. She said "what is your profession?" and I answered "nurse practitioner" and she went on and on about how she LOVES renting to groups of women b/c we are so neat and clean! LOL

DH took Nelson to a movie. Yeah! A few hours by mysef. I went to the Y this morning. 30 min step thread and 30 min legs. Oh yeah.. feeling better.

Great~ sounds like you had a great weekend. Glad no bears!

Doodles~ ouch! shingles is NOT fun! Hope you feel better!

Janet~ I love deals! WTG! How are the kitties?!

Welcome Jojo! Good luck with your upcoming surgery! We will be thinking about you!!!

ok.. time to enjoy my down time. LOL.. who am I kidding, I will go clean and fold laundry!

peasout~

I'm in - but like I said Feb/President Weekend - 3 nights (friday/sat/sun) ck out Monday and fly home.. I don't care were - I'll leave that up to you and Apples - I love the ocean!

Kittens doing fine - I ck in on them about once a day - waiting for the eyes to open..

Thanks Janet. We'll see if this works.

Cheri - did it :0)

Janet...........checking in........no news on weight loss. I go to the nutrionist on thursday.

Laura ........still praying for your dad. Keep us informed.

Lori........glad you had a great camping trip. .......Is that your new favorite thing to do?

Yep, I know I am a food addict. I just ate cake for a third Sunday in a row. Not much, but it does trigger my sweet tooth. NOT GOOD!

I am scheduled for another tweak of a fill on thursday, but I am going to turn it down. I think I have more of a behavioral problem then a band problem.

Charlene - We all are food addicts and I think you are correct in not getting a fill - you just got unfilled cuz you were too tight - Restriction is what we need - but really what is most important is our food choices..

Last night I had some dry chicken - it didn't get stuck but I had no room for anything else - and omw I wanted to eat - Ususally I can wait abit and be able to eat popcorn - drink - well - last night I knew if I tried to eat - it would come back up so I just physically couldn't but oh my head wanted more food - ate 5 oz of chicken - but I wanted more food,,,

Hey all,

Been so busy. I am doing well.

Peas - I am glad your dad is doing better

Janet - Congrats on the kitties

I am really want to go to Fl and meet everyone count me in as well.

I know I missed people I am still catching up.

Melissa - I know what you mean it's hard to catch up sometimes :0)

Janet, interesting that you think I like to shop. But I guess I do now, I always hated it before as I hated trying stuff on and trying to find something that didn't make me look 'fat' as if that was possible at 305 lbs. :) But it's so fun now to go in any store and be able to find stuff that fits and sometimes that's even Mediums or size 8's. WOO HOO!! I got a M sweater today at Ann Taylor Loft, they didn't have the color I wanted in an L so tried on the M. It's tighter fitting but fits. DD says I wear things too loose the way it is.

Arlene, thanks for the update on Big Medicine. I miss that show and when they air the reruns now I think I've seen them all. No camping isn't my favorite thing to do. LOL But I do like getting away and the beautiful CO mountains and for the most part DH's cell phone doesn't work. LOL This past weekend was special as both my kids came up for the night, we were all 4 together. I have one trip left and that's Sept 18 to Rocky Mtn national park to hear the elk bugle and watch them fight. It's the 'rut' and those big bulls are fun to watch fighting for their harems. LOL We are going with some HS friends and my kids are joining us then too. I just pray it's not too awfully cold in a tent! Sept could be hot or it could be freezing! One never knows in CO

Oh GF you love to shop - you are always shopping :0)

Your trip sounds great...

Lori, that sounds like an awesome trip. I just can't imagine my five kids and 9 grands getting along for 4 days. That would be a miracle.

Yeah, Dr. Davis hopes they want to do a 3rd series of shows. I love to watch the success stories. I see him on thursday for my year check-up. I am bad about taking Vitamins. I hope my blood work is good.

Your weight loss is awesome. CONGRATS!

Charlene - I'm bad too about the vitimans - I am trying to get better - I have them on my desk at work - I eat them when I am hungry - today had my Calcium but never got around to the multi or B12 :0)

Well it's 8 - I gotta go put my fish in the oven and start my dinners -

Julie - How did the fill go ???

To continue with my posting..........................

Linda, wise words about the "lifestyle" change. You are right a few croutons aren't going to ruin the diet, especially if you account for them in your daily intake. I think it's funny that some men can't seem to get the aesthetics in putting a room together. My DH installed the side shelves to my kitchen cabinets upside down.....uuuggggg. Good thing I got there before they permanently attached them. It's nice you cooked for your friend. I'm sure they appreciated it.

Cheri, I can appreciate your idea about getting the shame out of obesity and doing whatever it takes to make yourself healthy. Your blog is interesting.

Lori, glad you had a great time camping. We are supposed to go this coming up weekend, but I'm weaseling out of it. Need a weekend at home. And it's still hot here. It would be much nicer in the mountains, but I still need some down time. Very cool the M and size 8's....actually, what is a size 8? Just kidding......

Janet, as for the shopping....when I can finally buy off the rack and they fit and I like the style, watch out!!!! No point in shopping now. Also, I want to have time to do that and it seems the only time I do real shopping is when I'm on vacation, then I love to shop.

Charlene, you are brave to turn down the fill and deal with the behavioral issues. It's really the hardest part of this I'm finding out.

As for Florida....I have relatives in Ft. Meyers and might be able to find something reasonable there if anyone would like me to check. I too would prefer the ocean since I'm a land locked desert dweller too.

I've been so hungry today. I don't think it's head hungry either, at least not today. Tomorrow I'm packing little healthy Snacks so I don't get so darn hungry. It's distracting. I'm feeling a little restriction from my fill, but I don't think I'm there yet. I will probably go back on the 19th and have another one. I am hoping that this will start the weight loss again. I'm also having trouble feeling full. I really don't feel full until I'm really full and know I can't eat another bite. I'm afraid if I eat to that point, I'll be damaging something.

The pool is getting a little cool now. I don't think we will be able to work out there much longer. I have my DVD ready to go and I'm bugging my sister to find something she can do so we can work out together. She can't walk far because she has foot issues.

Okay, I think I've caught up and hopefully will stay caught up. Hope everyone has a great night.

Eva

I didn't used to be so good on my Vitamins but then I had some lab tests come back either at 6 or 9 mos that said I was deficient in Vit B1 and B12 and iffy on Calcium. So since then I've been pretty faithful and my 1 yr lab tests were perfect! Moral of the story: TAKE YOUR VITAMINS! :) I recently started taking something called Cormega for Omega 3's. They've started really recommending that at my appts. It's much better than those fish oil capsules. It is orange chocolate flavored and you squirt it out of a packet like you get ketchup in. It's supposed to be great for cardiovascular health but another benefit they say is decreased joint swelling, so am hoping it helps that. I've only taken it less than a week so far though.

Meredith, see fills aren't too bad. Glad it went well for you. You are doing great!

Arlene, probably good you aren't getting another fill since you've had issues. Maybe try journalling if you think it's a 'head issue', some say that helps a lot. You are doing great though. How's DH doing since his bypass?

Florida, I am so jealous. Just don't think I can swing it with going to Isreal a week later, sure I can fly free but might as well forget that over Presidents day weekend, flights will be too full. I will look forward to lots of photos!

Gang - Phyl is having her knee surgery this morning - please keep her in your prayers for a safe surgery & speedy recovery...

Golly pete, your a busy crew :w00t:. Being new to the mix going to deff. take me a while to catch on. Any chance of making a 'cheatsheet' for the noobs? One with screenname/real name mine is Gitrdone/Frances [though online I've grown most comfortable with Gitr].

Julie, your Bandaversiry, 101 pds. that amazing! I don't know how you do all the cooking for all those partys and control the urge to 'graze'.

Linda, sound like you had a wonderful vacation. Great job on maintaining while you were gone.

Meredith, grats on school! From one 'beaterupper' to another....forgive yourself, and on to the next day! Glad the fill went well, I'm looking forward to my first.

Eva- yay you on the fill! I have to wait til Sept. 10th, and right now I'm going on willpower [not my strong suit] and exercise to maintain at least til then.

Doodles- lol....men! Best laugh I've had in days about the ceiling fan. So sorry about the shingles...OUCH!

Lori- CO mountains, if I were there don't think I'd EVER come down [my favorite place on earth is Tetons in WY] :tt1: Size 8, golly I doubt I've been a size 8 since...well 8 :thumbup:.

Janet-shopping as fun...hmmmm, interesting concept :) I look forward to trying that out!

Well, off to the gym for me soon, running program on MWF, so walking and weight lifting today.

Morning, We have fog thick as pea Soup this moring.. Mimi is still sleeping so will try to get a note written here before she wakes..

I did get my fill yesterday... almost missed my appt as I was in a fender bender in the Target parking lot right before... Nothing serious, just both backing up at the same time.. I had our big pick-up and she in a car.. She hit me, but I didn't see her either.. No tickets.... and no damage on my pick-up, but her car looked much worse.. Anyway, I didn't think I was hurt at all, but my neck and back sure started hurting last night... Don't know if it's connected or not.. DH just left for work and I have Mimi here. Don't know if I can handle her or not.. May take her to the sitter myself after she has breakfast.... Anyway, I got .8 cc's so that makes me at 8 total in my 14 cc band... I was worried for nothing as she found it right away.. Thinks I should be at the sweet spot or very close according to how the saline came back in the syringe... We'll see... Liquids still for most of today..

Oops, here comes my baby... better go for now.. I'll be back later when I have alone time... Julie

Yippeeee the scale is going in the right direction. Gee all those liquids are paying off. Now to continue with this trend.

Julie, we had a backing accident in a rented Volvo in Wal-Mart when were in Arkansas. Same thing, we just didn't see each other. We rented the Volvo as a lark (usually don't do the high end cars) and see what happens. It's back to the Chevy's and Fords.

Whew.................how the heck will I ever catch up with you all. Got home from up north about an hour ago and have been reading ever since.

First off...Phyll...hope you are doing great with your new knee. I know the recovery is not an easy one and lots of PT ahead of you. All the work will be worth it. You'll be running to the pool next winter to do your exercize routines. Let us know how you are doing when you feel up to it. Take care and how about FL this next Feb? Will you be able to swing it???????

Meredith....enjoy your time off of school. Really admire you for all you do. Sorry to hear your sis is moving so far away. We are lucky with the the tech support that allows us to stay in contact on a daily basis. DS (26) has always lived half way across country (and Alaska for 2 yrs) and moved when he was just a few days after turning 18. Love that he is doing what he wants and not living in my basement! Miss him a lot sometimes though.

Happy to hear that you will make the FL get-together. Cannot wait to meet all of you guys. (Breath, Apples, Breath). Hope you got right back on the horse after feeling like you lost control. Crap happens and the sooner you show yourself you can get back to where you want to be with eating, the better.

I don't like the feeling of ice cream in my stomach either. Not sure why...didn't bother me b/4 LB. I did switch to soy milk also.

Happy that your fill went well. Knew it would. Now you can relax and then figure out when you need your next one.

Julie....HAPPY BANDIVERSARY...sorry I missed the day of.

Sorry to hear of both DD and your fender benders. Always a hassle to do without vehicles when they are getting repaired. Worked ins. for many, many years and am a huge believer in rental coverage on a policy. Not sure of ND laws but DD should be able to get a rental vehicle paid by person at fault. Something to keep in mind.

Not going to try to talk you into making a decision about FL but just want you to know that you being there would mean a lot. Only you know what you can handle. Just hope you really consider it and we will make DH feel welcome if he comes with. As to your ? about me flying out of MPLS. We are leaving for FL mid-Jan and staying through Mid-March. (A week on each end reserved for DS in Atlanta). Otherwise, I would have been more than happy to travel with you.

Happy your fill was not a problem. Hope this provides some more restriction for you.

Janet...one more title to add to your list of talents...EMT?????? Good going on the kitty CPR! And......so happy you are doing the FL trip. Pres weekend is a great suggestion.

Good going on the gym when you really didn't want to do it. I wish I did not live 15 miles from a gym. Would love at least 3 days a week. I just do my little workouts at home. Weights, walking, etc.

And, BTW....I LOVE to shop. But, closets are full and in need of nothing at this point. I am a bargain shopper and have found some reallly nice clothes for a lot less $$$$$$$$ just by doing outlet shops, etc. I am pretty well set for winter also. Got some end of season bargains last spring. I always try to steer away from "trendy" items. I get a lot of use out of my clothes for many years by buying clothes that are fairly basic to mix and match with things already in the closet. I WILL admit to being a clothes horse and love certain designers.

Laura....love the house idea and I would certainly not be offended to be asked to cook for you girls. Once we get some ideas on where people want to meet (city, etc.) we can start working on accomodations. I will go with whatever all of the rest of you want as far as location. So get talking, girls!

Happy to hear that your Dad is , again, making his way back. Sorry to hear he had to have another invasive procedure but sometimes that's what it takes to get on the road to figuring on what is wrong.

Hope Nelson has a happy time at school. I know that my boys always loved getting back into the routine again, and, it's good for them to have that interaction with others. Nothing wrong with keeping him in the same school again this year. Not only do you need to look at age, you need to look at his emotional maturity to make sure he is ready for that step. Every child hits those levels not necessarily at the same age. I know my two boys were totally different in that respect.

Just wanted to let you know that I suppose I could fake being a nurse practitioner for a long weekend! LOL

Linda....welcome back and happy to hear you had a good trip. Also, excited you will be making the FL meeting. Cannot wait to meet all of you guys. Good going on the surprise you gave your sis at the airport. Congrats on maintaining weight on your trip. So sorry to hear that your friend is now in hospice. Hard to let go. Also...good going on getting changed to a "regular" work schedule.

Hey IF....so nice of you to say what you did about missing me when I'm not here. Great new avatar and congrats on your half way success! Hopefully, that second fill will do what it needs to do for you. Are you considering the FL meeting??????? Can't remember if you posted about it or not. Hope you can make it.

Great............Darn it all!!!! You cannot make the FL trip. But, understand your reasons why. Will keep my fingers crossed that you will be able to swing it and make it there. If not, maybe our next meet should be in CO during the summer. Rent a cabin, have campfires, etc. Bears??? Not invited.

Good to hear you had a nice camping trip with the kids. I love it when my kids are able to make it for a weekend at the lake.

Doodlebug....hope your shingles clear up soon. I had them a couple of years ago and they are nooooooooooooo fun.

Eva....Yeah...you're coming to FL!!! Congrats on the scale moving in the downward direction also.

1-Day Yeah....you're coming to FL!!!!!!

OK...I know I left ppl out but not intentionally. Just sooooooooooooo much to catch up with. Let's get a definate list in the next couple of weeks on who can make the FL trip so that Laura and I can get to work on it. OK with you, Laura??????

Gotta get to work...might get fired. Hummmm...not a bad thought!

Edited by Apples2

Lori, I forgot to mention that whenever I get nervous about an alarm not waking me up, I set the alarm on my cell phone as a back up. You might try that next time your power goes out as the cell phone alarm works without electricity and then maybe you could relax and get some sleep. Thank goodness for cell phones -- don't know how we lived without them, or our computers either -- most of us lived over half of our lives without them, I'm sure Meredith can't imagine what it was like back in the "olden days" LOL. CBL Linda

Just thought I would share a recipe that I made today for my guys. They really liked it and said I should make it again. For you gardeners with extra cukes, it's a great way to use them up.

1 large cuke chopped into small peices. (I use the burpless kind...less moisture and just plain love them)

1/2 cup minced onion

1 cup diced chicken

1/2 cup chunky salsa

1/2 cup diced green pepper

1 tsp. Slenda

1/4 cup FF sourcream

1/4 cup FF mayo

1/2 tsp course ground pepper

1/2 tsp hot sauce

I used spinach flavored wraps for the guys (I do not tolarate them). I ate mine on Wassa crackers. Can wrap in lettuce leaves also.

Welcome home Apples!! Dang it all if you are cooking at the 'retreat' I am really going to be missing out.

Linda, thanks for the cell phone alarm tip. When the power went out that night, I did set it. But then in my sleepless stupor worried it wouldn't go off because it was plugged in to the charger.

Phyl, hope the surgery is over now and you are on your way to a speedy recovery. I am so nervous and anxious about my knee appt next week. Part of me wants surgery so bad, then the chicken part of me that hears how horrible the recovery is says nah, I can live with the constant pain.

JAnet, you are right, I am now an official shopper. I am going to the outlets on Saturday! LOL I am in need of winter clothes as last winter I was still mostly in Plus sizes for about half of it. Like Apples I have the brands I like and tend to stay away from trendies or if I get trendy stuff I get that in the cheaper stores, but a comfy pair of good fitting jeans I'll pay for! Last time at the outlets I got an Ann Taylor cashmere sweater for $7!! I'd love to find that bargain again!

Julie, hope the neck/back are okay from the fender bender. Take it easy and don't over do it with the child care.

GitR (frances), my screen name used to be Long2BThin but when I hit goal I changed it to Great2BThin but my name is Lori and go by Long or Great on here though Great sounds kindda stuck up! :thumbup:

Great does NOT sound stuck up. We all deserve any kudos we get whether we pat ourselves on the back or someone else does it for us. It was hard work to get to where you are and you deserve the "Great" title!

Hi Apples! Good to hear from ya!

Great.........DH is doing good. We are going to Dr. Davis together. He has a 6 week check-up and mine is a one year.

I need help..despartley..I need some motivation..how can I have sugery almost a year now and only lost 30 pounds. I know I have to exercise but dont really have time ..with running kids here and there and practically being a single parent (husband works evenings) I work 6-230 in the afternoon and then have to get 4year old b4 hubby goes to work then run older kids to practice. I wake up at 330 or 430 in the am and by the time the running is done, I am beat. I know this sounds like I am making up excuses but this is my life and when I read others profile about how much they lost ..I get real frustrated with myself..b4 I got banded I exercised and and followed a good diet and still never lost..could it be possible that there is something else wrong??? Could someone please give me some advise and maybe examples of menues on what you eat ..and what Protein supplement if any do you take?

Thanks in advance.