Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Hey guys~

ok.. I started using my food diary today. I was also REALLY motivated to start being "good". I really am not hungry the first half of the day, so I decided to try and do shakes for 2 meals for a few days to jump start everything. So far:

Breakfast: Muscle Milk 100 cal, Protein 15 grams

Lunch: Protein shake (1% milk 1 cup (100), unjury Protein powder (80cal), 1 banana (105), 5 strawberries, (25 c)

Snack: 60 cal lime juice Popsicle)

Dinner: 2 eggs (155)with 1 tsp butter (35), 1 laughing cow cheese (35), 1 cup V8 Soup (120cal)

Total calories: 809

Protein 64 grams

Will add a yogurt for snack tonight with 1/2cup GoLean Kashi Cereal. 195 cal for an even steven 1000 cal for the day.

I had my Brazilian cleaning crew come do the house today. They pulled up all the area rugs and moved all the furniture and mopped whole house. (4000 sq feet of wall to wall tile). I have them come 2 times a month and boy it's my biggest treat. 4 girls came today and plowed through this house in 2 hours- from top to bottom. I "cleared" a path for them all morning though...LOL. I got all my laundry done, changed all the beds, washed all the bathroom rugs. I even attacked Nelson's playroom. One of the girls is from a poor town in Brazil and she has 14 nephews. Her mom is going back next week and always takes clothes and shoes that Nelson grows out of. I managed to fill 3 garbage bags with odd and end toys. The sad thing- you can't even notice anything is missing! I could probably do 3 more bags!

Linda~ so so sorry to hear about your friend. <hugs> It never gets easy when we lose a loved one. My thoughts are with you.

ok gang, I will write more later.

peasout~

Good evening all,

I just got home from my trip to Bismarck for my appointments.. DD had some, too, so also had little Laromi along... She always adds a little flavor to the mix.... anyway, I got my treatment... Chiropractor says my neck and shoulder were out very bad.... It feels better already.... Also saw my GP.... She agreed that it was my neck and shoulder... Nothing wrong with my stomach or band...... all is well.... She does think I should get a shot in the shoulder to help it along.. She thinks (as do I) that alot of my shoulder pain is from having 4 surguries in a year... They knock you out and then do to your body as they please... You lay there with your arms spread out and they do all sorts of things to you when you can't complain..... I have been having trouble with my shoulder for months now, so I agree with her that maybe a shot will make a difference.. Got an appointment for next Wednesday.. Hopefully the treatment will let me sleep normally tonight.. I'm really ready for that!!! DD had a bunch of lab work done, so don't have results yet, but GP thinks it may very well be diabetes.... Sent her home with a blood sugar machine and will be in touch when she gets the results... DD is nervous, but this could really explain lots of things...

Linda, my sympathies for the loss of your friend.. So glad you were able to be there to see her one last time.. When they are that sick it almost seems a blessing to now have them suffer any longer... God bless you as you grieve your loss... And your poor little one... Only good thing is that those little ones won't remember what they've been through a little later... Hoping you get it all under control soon... Take care of you... I don't believe in those words like "step" or "half" either... love is love... blood is not required....

Great, glad your Fritos are gone.... That's how I felf about my cookies...... Nothing in the house now to tempt me much.... I am feeling some restriction after my fill Monday, so I'm doing better... I'm not sure why we have to get those cravings... And why do we never crave carrots and celery!!!!

Laura, sounds like you have a good start.... Can you send your Brazilian cleaning crew to my house.. I don't have 4000 square feet, so it should only take them and hour... unless we figure in flying time.... With all my medical problems and recovery time, my house has just been getting the "once over lightly" type of cleaning all summer.. I'm going to need a crew pretty soon...

Gitr, was that a typo or do you, a 54 year old mother, have a 57 year old son???? Maybe you meant 27???? Anyway thanks for the insight into you.. It's always nice to know about folks... I'm 56, live in a small town in North Dakota....retired....do daycare for my 2 year old granddaughter, Laromi (Mimi)..... DH is retired, too, but works for a farmer this summer... We have 3 grown children....son in Ohio, married with 2 boys..... one daughter is Bismarck, married with no children... and our youngest daughter is here and she is a single mother to our little Mimi.... We have a good life and are happy here... I've been heavy my whole life....since about 5.... Lost weight many times before with near tragic consequenses, but it never stayed gone... I'm counting on this band to do the trick.... Thanks again for sharing...

LPGLarry, sounds like you have a plan... good luck..

Hope everyone else is fine and having a great day.. I'm sure we'll hear from you all soon.. TTYL....... Julie

Mrs Bubba, I've been reading your posts and how you hurt. I had my Lap Band surgery three weeks ago today and my back and the right side of my abdomen right below my waist has been hurting ever since. My port is just right above my waist on the right side. When I was back to the surgeon for my two week check last week I asked the PA why I hurt so bad at those two places and she told me it was because of the position I was in for the surgery and the abdomen hurting was also due to surgery. She said that we are stretched and pulled plus being filled with air. We probably have NO Idea what they do to us while asleep and I'd rather not know....lol. Just thought I would share that with you. Young AT Heart

Hi all,

Just a hit and run. I can't keep up with you guys. Worked all day and then some on scheduling my 65 students. Its a huge project and I never have the info I need till school starts. My assistant set up the room and all the files we need to keep on each student. Now I have to contact each parent to make sure I have all permission slips. I always have a few parents who won't admit their child would benefit from some extra tutoring. Their loss. But I get paid by the contact so I try to contact reluctant parents and persuade them.

Fill is still holding. Drank fluids until supper then added some gravy to some leftover chicken and chewed it to death. Had to eat very, very slowly so as not to pb.

Probably do the same thing tomorrow. Band is really tight in the morning.

Got a ticket for the accident I got in a month ago and have to go to court tomorrow morning. My DH offerred to go with me. I'm glad.

Roof is leaking from the two days of rain. Couldn't go out and walk tonight.

Thanks for being my friends.

Cheri

OMW you guys have been busy - I was just posting then the power went out for a second - thankfully I had just started or I would have been super pissed :0)

Good evening everyone. You have all been so busy!!!! It's late now, as usual, and I had a pretty long day. I just got into a huge fight with Andrew because I asked him a simple question about his mom telling me that someone once tried to drown her when she was little. All I asked was who tried to drown her? I understand that yes, it is something terrible, but she brought it up to me. Touchy subject. Then he tried to make me feel bad and hurt my feelings by asking about some sad things that happened in my life. I thought that was pretty shitty of him. Some people tend to do that to defend themselves though I guess. So now, my blood is boiling. Whatever, I will just let it roll of my back.Ok, I totally sound like Debbie Downer here. Sorry.

Well, I'm gonna get in the shower and hit the hay. I'm sad my sister left today, but I am so proud of her! I'm too pooped to participate. I feel like I'm missing a lot. Sorry. I had to give the condensed version of a post because I am sleepy and all of you have written so much!

More tomorrow.

Love, Meredith

Meredith - Hugs on the Andrew issues - hopefully today was a better day !! and you aren't a debbie downer - hell I have done nothing but whine all last week and this :0)... It's life and it's great that we have this place to come and share - vent with each other

J

Janet, the $$ thing is such a problem within families sometimes. I've actually seen people doing awful things to each other because of it. It happend with my parents (adoptive) and the neighbors...sick stuff. I'm so sorry you have to deal with the stupid sister....all she sees is money and feels entitlement for who knows what reason. I understand about you not being able to let go....I'm still that way about my Mom, but I figure in time, that too will heal. You are allowed to resent her attitude and expectations. You are taking the moral high ground and doing the right thing, no matter what others think. I'm very glad there are people here that can support you. Thanks for sharing, I appreciate it. All this experience even the negative stuff helps in the wisdom catagory.

Gitr.......there are a lot of posts in two days. So why were you hiding the last 4 years? You opened the door.....so fess up.

LI think I finally felt what it means to get stuck. I ate some turkey too fast and too much and ooopsss it kind of hurt, then I tried to wash it down with a sip of Water and that didn't work. It did go down, but I can see where it could have easily come back up if I had put anything else on top of it. I really needed this experience, because I was pretty sure there wasn't any restriction. Now I know better. I chewed my chicken and broccoli really well and slowly tonight.

I'm off to bed....I'm tired after the pool today.

Take care everyone.

Eva

Eva - Ya we all have similar stories - we all have a little dirt in our closets - I have no problem sharing cuz like I always say we have more things in common with each other than what we think - We think that pple out there have "normal" lives - but 9 out of 10 have crappy stuff like us - it may be diff - but it's still what has formed us and make us who we are today - Our life exeperience..

Oh girl never drink when stuck - it makes it worse - I too tried it the 1st time I got stuck - but it just made it worse - sometimes - it comes back up and sometimes it doesnt' but I find if I bp then it opens my band - but I have never had a bad pb like some do - (they pb for hours) - for me it comes up in 1 - 2 -3 burps and I'm done and can continue to eat..

For me I usually get stuck from eating too fast and not chewing.. In the beginning it was that one bite too many - but that doesn't happen now...

G'morning friends~

Just a fly by. Fixin' to take the little monster to school. (he is being a stinker this morning) Every step of our morning routine has been like pulling teeth. (add a whine to this) "I don't want to get up!.. eat breakfast...brush my teeth" Goodness gracious.

DH is on call again today. Poor N didn't get to see his daddy for almost 48 hours. I let him go "watch" daddy sleep this morning..LOL. I started making DH park in the driveway. His car is soooo loud when it starts and add that with the garage door (N's room is right next to the garage), it keeps waking him up early or in the middle of the night. DH thinks I am nuts. Afraid N won't be able to cope in the real world b/c I have him in a cocoon of comfort and quiet. My parents used to tell me to vaccuum while he was napping so he would sleep deeper. I tried it one time and he never took a nap that day..LOL. I decided from that day on that I liked it quiet when I slept... and so would he! Perhaps I created a monster. ???

Meredith~ Sorry to hear about your argument with Andrew. It's tough sometimes in dealing with someone you love and discussing their family. I know that with DH it's sort of the same thing with his sister. He can say whatever he wants about her.. but if I say something negative, he is quick to bring up how much better she is than my sister. It's some deep loyalty and need to defend family. Hope things are better this morning. : ) Also hope you start having some more restriction. Sounds like you ate VERY healthy yesterday! AND WTG on the 235!!!! You are officially less than me..... <whispering>, bitch. <evil grin> And I mean that in a very loving sisterly way. <hugs> You know I am kidding. I am proud of you. And in a way you are really motivating me to get back on track. xoxo

I need to go. CBL~ peas

Laura - When I was pg w/DS I read Dr Spock from cover to cover (now remember this was 1971) he said not to make it quiet that babies needed to sleep thru noise - So we didn't I had a one bedroom appt - the crib was in the bedroom and his daddy & freinds would be in the living room playing domino's and we are talking slapping them down and talking major crap - hell my DS can sleep thru fire alarms - earthquakes - etc it takes a bull dozer to wake him up..

Glad to hear that you are motivated to get back on track - I gotta say that the unspoken competition between me and my lbt dd is what kept me focused during my weight loss phase..

Meredith, you must have been posting the same time I was. Yes, it is pretty cool to have someone that was banded around the same time. When I was on the July 09 date thread, there were very few people banded on July 2nd. I think a lot of the doctors were already on vacation. There are ton's of people that were banded on the 7th. My doc told me to start eating solid food on Tuesday....actually they really believe that once you are off liquids, it's right on to solids. He didn't allow for mushies and doesn't like blender foods. So Tuesday, I ate my normal food. Felt like I had no restriction, but after the turkey episode yesterday, I'm thinking there is probably more restriction than I think. I'm just doing what I'm supposed to do, chewing well and eating smaller bites slowly. Hey we are at about the same weight too only you've lost a lot more total than I have. Good for you!!!

Laura, with the roller coaster you've been on lately, no wonder your weight loss is taking a break....and you've lost an amazing amount of weight. 74lbs is great since February. Nelson is just being a kid and might be pushing your buttons a little. I'm sure once he's at school, he'll be fine and hopefully his momma will be too.

I think Meredith and I are the only ones without kids. They just didn't happen for me and now I'm okay with that. When DH and I first got back together, I was 40 and was very willing to have kids with him then, but I wasn't willing to jump through all the fertility hoops to get there. DH has a "son" which isn't biologically his, but it's a child from his heart and DH's name is on the birth certificate, so we have Robbie. He's 16 and learning to drive. His mom is a nut case so that always makes life interesting.

Okay, I have to go to work....yuck. I need to do field work again and it's hot!!!!

Have a great day everyone.

Eva

Eva - 16 yr old - oh hugs - I have my 18 yr gs and if I remember correctly we are the same age - I find it harder now - I don't always have the patience that I should have or maybe it's cuz I have already been there done it once and at this stage don't want the responsiblity as much - I am just ready for smooth sailing -

When Andrew (gs) turned 18 - I told him he had to register for the draft - he said ya right - I'm not going to - I said you have to - They aren't going to take you anyway - due to your foot issue (clubfoot)

So the other day he gets a letter in the mail saying that he could be arrested if he did register - omw did he panic - I said see I told you - but no I don't know anything... These are the things that I just don't have the energy for..

My Andrew is my heart and in my heart I think of him as my son cuz I have had him most his life - but oh sometime's being a MOM at 54 is hard...

Laura....I know that you realize how lucky you are to have Nelson. I have friends that jumped through all the hoops you did to be able to have children and then adopted because treatments did not work. Was really tough on their marraige and their finances. I all levels out in the end and they were gifted with special little angels. I started out wanting at least 5 children. God only allowed me two special guys. My Water broke at 5 months along with my second and docs told me I would never carry another. (Uterus had a tear). Had my tubes tied on the table when they did the c-section and I never looked back. Just am very thankful for the two I have.

DH spent the first six months of his life in hospital. His mother delivered him and his twin brother when she was five months along. DH weighed 1.9 oz 55 yrs ago. A miracle baby. His brother only lived 12 hours and weighed 2lbs 12 oz. DH had not one thing wrong with him and thrived....just needed to be in hospital till he weighed 5lbs. He only weighed 18lbs at 18 months old. Itamazes me when I think about the odds back then.

Hope you all have a great weekend. Sounds like we will have temps in the 70's..PERFECT! xoxoxoxo

Apples - I was a preemie too - But I weighted more than your DH - I weighed 3 lbs at birth - I had to stay in the incubator for 5 weeks before I could come home. I have seen a pic of me at 3 months and I looked like a newborn..

Hope you have a great weekend !!!

Hi everyone and thanks for the kind words about my reaching "overweight" bmi. It's still a thrill to say that. LOL. My friend died this morning. I'm glad she didn't suffer, although this was such a quick moving cancer. Just two months ago, she was still working and had no idea she had lung cancer. Just a reminder that we all need to appreciate each and every day we have with our loved ones here on earth. We spent yesterday with DGD in Iowa City getting her second infusion of steriods. It went okay -- it's just hard for them to get the IV in - we all have to hold her down and that's upsetting when a beautiful 2-1/2 year old child is so scared and literally kicking and screaming -- she's very strong -- all the nurses can't believe how strong she is. Afterwards we went out for a nice dinner. I had visited my friend before we left as they didn't expect her to make it until today. I'm so glad I got that visit in to say goodbye and hug her family. It's not surprising that so many of us have similar stories -- Apples, like you, I too had sexual abuse by family members when I was a child. My mother also defended the abusers. It took me until my late 30s before I finally learned that what happened to me wasn't my fault, but my mom and I never had a close relationship, we always had so much friction between us. My brother and sister don't speak anymore due to problems when my mom died. I'm the middle child, "the peacemaker" so I still speak to both of them, but I know they will never be part of each other's lives which is sad because they both have kids and now those kids have lost their extended families as well. I only had one child myself, my DS as I had terrible endometriosis and had a hysterectomy when I was 31. I was lucky to have him but then I inherited my three step children -- which was a struggle but also rewarding. My DGD is really my step granddaughter, but it makes no difference to me -- she actually has a lot of my personality and even smiles like me. LOL. Everyone thinks my step daughter is my daughter anyway as she looks so different from her siblings. Laura, all the Nelson pics are fabulous -- I loved the curly hair -- my nephew (who is now 19) used to have curls like that!! Hope he had a great first day at school. I did used to vacuum right under the crib while DS was sleeping -- I used to get up and get all my housework done early in the morning before he woke up. Wow, that's been 37 years ago!! LOL. Time flies, so enjoy it now. Phyll wrote on FB last night -- she's doing well. Glad that's over for her so she can now begin the recovery process. Oh, I do love my DVR -- couldn't live without it now -- that's the one technology I truly love. I also pay all my bills on the computer -- wouldn't want to go back to the old ways with that either. My DH is NOT very computer savvy so it drives him crazy, but I'm the one who pays the bills, so I do it my way. I do have a few credit cards for traveling only. Meredith, sorry about your disagreement with Andrew - this too shall pass - you have such a loving relationship i'm sure you'll get over this bump in the road. Got -- take Janet's advice and log your food -- I still do it everyday and it keeps you accountable -- www.dailyplate.com or www.sparkspeople.com are both good ones and easy to use. I got up early yesterday and went to the gym -- did 30 mins. on treadmill and weight machines and then did a 7:00 a.m. water aerobics course -- this will be my new routine when I start working days in middle of September. It was great to get it over and done with early in the morning. I had extra energy yesterday. Julie, hope you're feeling better and glad you are going to the doc today. Great -- thanks for the congrats -- I read a story in today's paper about a bear in Colorado who got stuck in a skateboard park and couldn't get out because of the steep sides -- so they lowered a tall ladder and the bear climbed up the ladder and got out -- wow, those bears are so intelligent -- but of course, I thought of you immedately. Cheri hope your first week of being back at work is going wel. Larry, welcome and good luck to you on your lapband journey, we've all been in your shoes and will be happy to help out when you need support. Eva, thanks for your kind words about my weight loss -- I just hope that sharing my success will help those who are just beginning the process. Oneday hope all is going well with you. I'll CBL hope everyone has a good day. Linda

Linda - Hugs Hugs Hugs on losing your GF I know how hard that is - but like you said she didn't have to suffer long and that's a blessing and Hugs on poor DGD having to get stuck with an iv... and Hugs on your abuse too.. Yep that overweight bmi is a very good thing - and before you know it - it will be normal..

I would rather workout in the a.m. but I would have to get up at 4:30 to do it - and I just can't seem to get that motivated - In Fact - I have only been to the Gym on Monday - am going tomorrow afterwork cuz I have to take Andrew for his tattoo removal appointment on Saturday a.m

Apples-great on the new hair and sexy outfit! Your menu for last night sounds awesome!

LOL Mrs B-your 3 'ewws' are 3 of my favorites. If I knew I were to die tomorrow, I'd eat a whole German chocolate Cake today :thumbup:.

Larry-WOOHOO for you. You'll be on the banded journey before you know it!

IYSOY-Grats on the fill working! Your resend on your blog worked fine, thanks so much.

Peas-Super about your Dad! Glad Nelson's first day went well. With those two burdens off your shoulders will be much easier for you to take care of YOU again.

Hmmm, a little about me eh?-I'm 54 years young, live in Tampa Bay area of FL, have 2 boys, one 17 almost 18, the other 57 almost 58 :crying:. I've not worked for about 7 years now, used to work with speech-delayed pre-k kids. I have 5 Border Terriers and used to show. Before that I had a Walking Horse and was heavily into showing her also. I have been 'heavy' most of my life [can't believe I weighed 150 when I got married and people were always telling me I was FAT...now that's my goal weight!]. My hub is also very reclusive and I just found it easier to live like that too. Four years ago I discovered the online game 'World of Warcraft' and became addicted. It seems the only way to have 'friends' for me is through my computer, but at least here I'm forming supportive, possitive relationships. You guys ROCK. :frown:

Git - I could use you for my dgd who's 5 - she has some speech problems - she is very hard to understand - she can't say f - s mostly .. I think my lbt DD plays that game.. Lucky you don't have to work - I wish I didn't - but then again what would I do with myself - well maybe be more originaized like Laura :0) I could become a recluse very easliy... We are glad to have you as one of us - Love the 2 boy's I got it - will explain it to Julie :0)

Good Morning! Home from work already and also met DH for Breakfast, just at McD's. Had half the egg and half the sausague in a Sausage McMuffin.

ON the technology, I just recently started paying bills online, I resisted forever thinking it wasn't safe. It wasn't until the gal at the bank convinced me it was safer than putting a check out in my mailbox and now I love the ease and convenience of it. DVR, couldn't live without one anymore, kindda like the microwave when it came out, I didn't think I'd need one and now couldn't live without that either. I rarely watch a show live anymore. THe closest I get to live is pausing the show when it starts and coming back about 15 to 20 min later and start watching and then zap through commercials and then finish watching the show live if I timed it wrong and get caught up. Been watching that dumb Big Brother show this summer. I think it's the dumbest show ever and the people on it are so strange, but suppose being locked up in a house wiht strangers and no outside contact messes one up, I say every year I won't watch it and then I do. Anyone else watching?

Linda, they also recently had a bear in Aspen crawl into a window of a house and attack the lady that lived there. They showed pics on the news of the bear crawling back out the window. She is fine, the bear returned a few nights later and they killed it. The bears are getting so brazen. Even have sightings of mountain lions in town, someone opened their shed and there was a big ol' kitty kat in there! Wouldn't that freak you out? We have coyotes near us, I hear them in the night or early mornings. I can't believe my next door neighbor lets her cat roam all night with coyotes so close.

Well the Fritos are gone, I wish I could say I tossed them, but, alas, I didn't. I've calmed down about the family issues and am ticked at myself that I let them get to me. I've been better lately about either standing up to them, or letting things slide but once in a while I get my hackles up I guess. And sometimes well it just plain hurts!

Great - I watch BB too !!! I watch it every yr and one yr even subscribed to the live feed !!! Yes I know I'm sick but that was the year with Janelle and Dr Will & boogey - omw how those boys played those girls.. I hate that Jeff is beleiving that guy & natalie - I want Jeff to win - he's not considering who's in the veto house.. And I too wait till about 8:20 to watch the program and then ff thru the comercials and catch up at the end. The nights that it on from 9-10 - sometime just watch it in the morning to see who got evicted or who won pov..

Glad the fritos are gone - and ya sometimes we do need our drug of choice but we just have to learn to buy the small bag and not the family size ;0)... when we can't say no...

Hugs - on the issues - I understand how hard they can be at times and especially the step parent issues..

well lets get motivated,start a food diary,write down everything you eat ,it helps me honestly

Larry - I fully agree - I wrote down everything for the 1st yr and I will do it now if I have gain a couple of lbs - its those little things like the hand full of nuts and they all add up

I just got back from the doctor. The PA took out another.1cc. Then I saw the nutritionist. I am on a 1,000 cal a day. At the next appt I am going to blow in this machine that measures my metabolism. It tells how many calories I should be eating. It costs $125, but think it will be beneficial to my weight loss. I like this better than WW because I need the personal help.

Charlene - Yes sometime the one on one is good - I know that one time when I went to jenny craig - I loved my counsler - then she got promoted and after that I quit..

Girl you have lost 73 lbs in 1 yrs - that's very good !!!

Can't wait to hear how you do this week...

Hugs

Hey guys~

ok.. I started using my food diary today. I was also REALLY motivated to start being "good". I really am not hungry the first half of the day, so I decided to try and do shakes for 2 meals for a few days to jump start everything. So far:

Breakfast: Muscle Milk 100 cal, Protein 15 grams

Lunch: Protein shake (1% milk 1 cup (100), unjury Protein Powder (80cal), 1 banana (105), 5 strawberries, (25 c)

Snack: 60 cal lime juice Popsicle)

Dinner: 2 eggs (155)with 1 tsp butter (35), 1 laughing cow cheese (35), 1 cup V8 Soup (120cal)

Total calories: 809

Protein 64 grams

Will add a yogurt for snack tonight with 1/2cup GoLean Kashi Cereal. 195 cal for an even steven 1000 cal for the day.

I had my Brazilian cleaning crew come do the house today. They pulled up all the area rugs and moved all the furniture and mopped whole house. (4000 sq feet of wall to wall tile). I have them come 2 times a month and boy it's my biggest treat. 4 girls came today and plowed through this house in 2 hours- from top to bottom. I "cleared" a path for them all morning though...LOL. I got all my laundry done, changed all the beds, washed all the bathroom rugs. I even attacked Nelson's playroom. One of the girls is from a poor town in Brazil and she has 14 nephews. Her mom is going back next week and always takes clothes and shoes that Nelson grows out of. I managed to fill 3 garbage bags with odd and end toys. The sad thing- you can't even notice anything is missing! I could probably do 3 more bags!

Linda~ so so sorry to hear about your friend. <hugs> It never gets easy when we lose a loved one. My thoughts are with you.

ok gang, I will write more later.

peasout~

Laura - Aren't you a lucky girl !!!! Housekeepers and 4000 sq ft for just the 3 of you...

That's so good of you to give them Nelson clothing and toys - I know how much they appreciate it - we take so much for granted -

Good evening all' date='[/color']

I just got home from my trip to Bismarck for my appointments.. DD had some, too, so also had little Laromi along... She always adds a little flavor to the mix.... anyway, I got my treatment... Chiropractor says my neck and shoulder were out very bad.... It feels better already.... Also saw my GP.... She agreed that it was my neck and shoulder... Nothing wrong with my stomach or band...... all is well.... She does think I should get a shot in the shoulder to help it along.. She thinks (as do I) that alot of my shoulder pain is from having 4 surguries in a year... They knock you out and then do to your body as they please... You lay there with your arms spread out and they do all sorts of things to you when you can't complain..... I have been having trouble with my shoulder for months now, so I agree with her that maybe a shot will make a difference.. Got an appointment for next Wednesday.. Hopefully the treatment will let me sleep normally tonight.. I'm really ready for that!!! DD had a bunch of lab work done, so don't have results yet, but GP thinks it may very well be diabetes.... Sent her home with a blood sugar machine and will be in touch when she gets the results... DD is nervous, but this could really explain lots of things...

Linda, my sympathies for the loss of your friend.. So glad you were able to be there to see her one last time.. When they are that sick it almost seems a blessing to now have them suffer any longer... God bless you as you grieve your loss... And your poor little one... Only good thing is that those little ones won't remember what they've been through a little later... Hoping you get it all under control soon... Take care of you... I don't believe in those words like "step" or "half" either... love is love... blood is not required....

Great, glad your Fritos are gone.... That's how I felf about my cookies...... Nothing in the house now to tempt me much.... I am feeling some restriction after my fill Monday, so I'm doing better... I'm not sure why we have to get those cravings... And why do we never crave carrots and celery!!!!

Laura, sounds like you have a good start.... Can you send your Brazilian cleaning crew to my house.. I don't have 4000 square feet, so it should only take them and hour... unless we figure in flying time.... With all my medical problems and recovery time, my house has just been getting the "once over lightly" type of cleaning all summer.. I'm going to need a crew pretty soon...

Gitr, was that a typo or do you, a 54 year old mother, have a 57 year old son???? Maybe you meant 27???? Anyway thanks for the insight into you.. It's always nice to know about folks... I'm 56, live in a small town in North Dakota....retired....do daycare for my 2 year old granddaughter, Laromi (Mimi)..... DH is retired, too, but works for a farmer this summer... We have 3 grown children....son in Ohio, married with 2 boys..... one daughter is Bismarck, married with no children... and our youngest daughter is here and she is a single mother to our little Mimi.... We have a good life and are happy here... I've been heavy my whole life....since about 5.... Lost weight many times before with near tragic consequenses, but it never stayed gone... I'm counting on this band to do the trick.... Thanks again for sharing...

LPGLarry, sounds like you have a plan... good luck..

Hope everyone else is fine and having a great day.. I'm sure we'll hear from you all soon.. TTYL....... Julie

Julie - Gitrdon's other boy is her DH :w00t: Glad you are feeling a tad better - and I agree why don't we crave salads !!! - Sometime it's just plan a$$ hard to say no day after day after day espeically when you have tons of stress going on - like all your surgeries no restriction etc - Well like you said - it's done and over with and now you can move forward.

Well gang I started this over 1 hr ago - my DGD'S called in between talked to them DS & DD and now I need to go cook for me and feed my babies and GS

Hope you all haven't posted another page and a half while I was typing this post :0).

Young at heart, yup,that's what happens to us during surgery... One of my surgeons told me that once, too.... I guess we sure have to trust that they are all respectful of our bodies when we can't speak up for ourselves.... With 4 surgeries in a year, I've had my share... No wonder I hurt so much yet.... Thanks for validating what I thought to be true.... Hope you are feeling better real soon, too....

IF, It must be very challenging to do what you do... parents can be something sometimes... I'm not sure I could handle that all the time.. Glad you can do it for your kids... And we're glad to have you for a friend, too..

Goodnight all................... Julie

Okay, so that went right over my head.... never even gave a thought to it being her husband.... My only excuse.............. I'm not at the top of my game yet..... I'll get better!!!!!! Thanks for filling me in..... and yes, I can relate as my DH is 61 and some days makes me feel that same way... But mostly he he's a real blessing... Very hard worker and excellent provider, father and grandfather... I shouldn't complain about his little idiosyncrisies................like the mess he makes with coffee... I hate coffee..... and dirty clothes all around the hamper, but not in.... But I should stop now... Wonder what he says about me?????

Nite all...................... Julie

PS: I'm definately better tonight, thank goodness...

All is good today on the home front. Actually it was when i went to bed last night. Our arguements tend to never last very long. Which is a good thing. Worked loooonnnggg hours today at work. Before my band I would've been complaining so much about how badly my feet hurt right now, but they DO NOT hurt at all!!!!! 10 hours straight on my feet and no pain! I am pleased. I did pretty well on my calories today. Breakfast- Boost high Protein 240 cal 15 prot. Lunch- Boost High Protein 240 cal 15 prot., Snack- 2 low fat string cheese 100 cal. 12 prot. for both Dinner- Lean Cusine 270 cal. 20 prot. TOTAL= 850 calories and 62 grams protein

I feel like I'm back on track. GOOD!

Have to take a shower and go to bed. Long day tomorrow also because I took Saturday off because it's my birthday and we have a wedding to go to.

Laura~ You are so funny! I love how you add what the tone and volume of your voice would be! I think we are doing great! You have lost soooo much! You're the best, and that little Nelson makes me smile. What a blessing to your lives he is. I was just talking to a client today about how everything happens for a reason. Oh, and those two pounds that I dropped were like overnight. So strange how our bodies do that. Whatever it is that it's doing, I like it!

Linda~ OMW. I am so sorry about your friend. So sad. She is in a better place and I am just glad that she no longer has to suffer. May she rest in peace. I have been journaling all of my food since I've begun this journey with the exception of about 7 days here and there. It really does help to keep me accountable of every single bite that i put into my mouth. BTW, congrats again on being "overweight"!!!

Julie~ Glad to hear that you are on the mend. Keep it up.

Great~ Those damn fritos will get ya every time! I used to love them when I was in high school and could eat like a horse. I would dip them into sour cream and onion dip. Mmmm.

Apples~ I am glad that you are so strong. You really were given some lemons and made lemonade! I admire you so much.

If~ Good thing you have some restriction now. I have a little, but not enough to where I need to be.

Oct~ Cool plant! I am not a desert dweller, so I was not familiar with that plant at all. I don't really want to have my own children. I've never been into having kids. I don't think that it's for everyone, but, don't get me wrong, i love children and cannot wait for all of my friends to start giving birth! 2 of my besties are due within the next few months and I could not be more excited!!!! I just want to be the fun aunt that sleeps in a tent with them in the back yard and gets them all sugared up and back to the parents they go! Everyone tells me that I might change my mind, but I honestly don't think that I will. I'm just glad that I know that maybe I'm not cut out to be a mom. I see so many people that have kids that absolutely should NOT.

Ok, time to get moving in the bedroom direction.

Check back tomorrow after work and my birthday mani pedi.

Love, Meredith

Sorry this has to be a fly by post. I'm hosting FNSC tomorrow and I started cooking tonight after work. I do this to myself because I really enjoy the cooking--creating, but it's late and I still have to work tomorrow.

I'll catch up with everyone this weekend. Have a great day tomorrow!!

Eva

Morning y'all~ <Said with my best NC southern drawl>

Last night was tough... I was sooooo frikkin hungry! I think when you are eating more than you are supposed to for a few days and then suddenly STOP... your body (insulin levels/brain chemistry) needs to readjust to the sudden loss of carbs. I was in a mood (it's also just about TOM) and thank God DH was on call and gone. He was in and out all night. Urrrgghhh. I hate beepers! And pregnant women who want epidurals in the middle of the night! And people who have the GALL to have an emergency appendectomy in the middle of the night! All that trivial stuff kept me from sleeping. <smirk> Watch out world here I come...

More later. peas

Laura, hugs to you and hope you have a good day -- take a nap while Nelson is in school and everything should be better after you get some sleep. Not much happening here, just plugging away - have a busy weekend with work, funeral, etc. CBL Linda

Good Morning Gang...

Laura - you are so right about the hunger !!! I don't have tom anymore - but I find the more i eat the more I want to eat - if I don't eat at all then I am not hungry but once i introduce food into my mouth - the more I want. Last night had watermelon (w/salt ;0) and ate way too much had a tummy ache... But it tasted good and I wanted to eat..

Linda - Hugs Hugs Hugs

Eva - What FNSC?? I enjoy cooking too for others who enjoy eating...

Meredith - If you don't want kids thats fine - not everyone is meant to have them - and your way you get the best of them and then get to walk away - sorta like grandparents- get to spoil them then go home - but now a days so many grandparents are raising their grandkids..

I am glad that your & Andrew's dissagreement don't last long - thats a very good things.

Well just cking in - TTYL

Hi gang, hope you all had a good sleep.... Mine was mediocre.... I'll be happy to get that shot next week if it eases the stress in my shoulder..... I'm trying to do very little today, but started some laundry and just finished giving the bathroom floor a much needed swiffer work... I keep a pretty organinzed house, but sometimes the dust can get away from me, especially since all my medical crap... So, that's done for a little while....

Meredith, I wanted to tell you WTG on not going to bed without resolving your problem with Andrew... At bridal showers sometimes they ask you to give the bride advice... That's always what I say... It's just not worth it to stay mad....Good job......... Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU... HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR MEREDITH.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU..... I'm not sending a cake, but hope you get a little piece.... (of something!!) I also think that if you don't want to be a mother, that's fine.. at least you are making that choice and not having it forced on you... My oldest daughter married a man 8 years older than her.. He had 2 kids (10 & 13 at the time). At first that's all they talked about... having a baby and what they would name a boy.... Then he decided he didn't want more and she had to like it... Now she never get to be a mother although she says that'l what she wants... I don't believe her.... Controling your own life is a good plan... And should you change your mind, then you'll be ready to be the best mother ever.....

Laura, I agree that today sounds like a good day for a nap or just pampering yourself somehow... This too shall pass, as they say..... It's the weekend...it'll get bette.... take care...

Time to put the rugs down on my dry bathroom floor and get ready for Young and the Restless.... You all have a great day... TTYL.......... Julie

Okay first things first, I've seen lots of OMW here today, and I've yet to figure it out, what does that mean? I know OMG is like oh my gosh/goodness/etc. but what's the W?? am I on the right track?

I'm home later from work today because I actually brought my workout clothes with me and changed and worked out there before coming home. WHEW!! So glad that is done!

Meredith, hey if you don't want kids that is just fine. I sometimes think my mom didn't want them and shouldn't have had them, she always says she didn't have a choice back then. I always felt we were more of a bother than a blessing to her. My daughter used to say she didn't want them but now that she's 28 and getting married she's changing her mind. she talks about them all the time. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Laura, when DS had his emergency appendectomy a couple months ago we got our anesthesiologist away from a pool party on a Sunday afternoon. :w00t: Bet we made a wife mad, OOPS stupid appendix.

Janet, it was the smaller bag of fritos at least I did that. Did you watch BB last night? I can't believe Jeff fell for Natalie and Kevin's lies, I am so sure he's going up, hopefully with Michelle that way maybe Jordan can win POV and then he'd have to put Natalie up.

Julie, glad your pain is somewhat better. Hope the shot helps, too bad she didn't give you the shot then and there so you wouldn't have to go back. I was so confused on your grandchild as I thought there was one but you have mentioned a Mimi and a Larami so thought I misunderstood and there were 2, now I got that they are one and the same.

Hi gang~ As in the words of an APPLE I know... Do I look younger today? Had my hair cut, roots colored and highlights and lowlights. Plug me in and I probably glow and play music after all that work! LOL. I swear I am having early dementia lately. Yesterday I got home from taking DS to school and the phone rang... it was my salon. I HAD an appt at 9 and had COMPLETELY forgotten!!! I have NEVER done that in all the years I have been going to my girl. She thought something had happened to me or something. (like I had been carjacked and taken hostage). She "worked" me in today. I went in with a peace offering. (some muscle milk and Power Crunch Protein bars). My Angie is on a health kick too and LOVES all my Protein stuff. :w00t: Well, I did something even better... I made DH come in and get hair cut while my color was sitting. That way she made more money during my time slot.

Great~ LOL.. at the stupid appendectomy comment! Too funny. Yeah, hope DH didn't say "you pulled me out of bed with my wife for this?!"

Julie B~ hope you are feeling better. I wouldn't say mopping the floor is taking it easy though. :w00t:

Janet~ TGIF!!! What's on tap for the weekend?!

ok... I need to go watch my boy. He is in an inflatable kayak in the pool...LOL. $10 (normally $40!!!) He's using a dust pan as an oar. I don't feel like going in b/c I just had my hair straightened.:w00t:

ttyl