Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Things I won't/don't miss about being Obese

I won't miss.....

Back fat

A huge tummy

Not feeling as comfortable as I should during sex...or feeling uncomfortable being on top! My boyfriend is like a bean stalk!

Feeling to big to be with my boyfriend

Not being able to cross my legs

Not wearing shorts

Not wearing a bikini

Towels that don't fit around me

Not wearing a belt

Not wearing clothes that I want to wear!!!!!

Feeling like I'm carrying way to much weight on my frame

Feeling like an Amazon woman when I wear heals I'm like almost 6 foot tall and I weigh 240!

Not feeling guilty anymore!

I definitely won't miss:

doing the two step while going up stairs

not being able to paint my toe nails and not having the nail technician look at my feet like they were from another planet.

Eating in my car

not having energy

being tired from taking a shower

needing help to get out of the bath tub

weight.png

Edited by givemglory
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w945E7F/]

great thread, here's my two cents

will not miss:

-wearing Spanx

-having jewelry that doesn't fit

-being embarassed when someone wants to buy me a gift and asks my size

-not being able to buckle the top buckle of ski boots

-sweaty inner thighs and having to wear a split slip with all my skirts

-never having a second date

-starting a new diet on Mondays

-avoiding telling anyone my weight, even doctors

-being chunky in Colorado where everyone is such a darn fitness buff

-hating the summer months

-having my makeup run from getting sweaty before I even get to work

-matronly swim suits

AAAhhh....things I won't miss....

-thighs rubbing together and causing holes in pants

-little red marks and creases around tummy where the jeans rub and are too tight

-having two spare tires...with a tiny third trying to come in

-shopping at plus size stores and paying extra for it

-little kids pointing and laughing

-snotty salespeople in regular stores being mean to me

-not being able to tie my shoes in one shot

-buying slip on shoes, so i don't have to tie shoes

-not being able to play with my niece and nephew for more that 20 minutes at a time

-being passed over by the hot guys for my skinny friends next to me (God love my friends...but it hurts sometimes)

I am sure there is more...

A great thread. I have to say like so many of you I always thought it "was just me" feeling a certain way about my weight. It is nice to know I am or was not alone in my feelings. So here goes my list that I hope this time next year most will be only a memory

Things I wont miss:

*scoping out the room of a function, staff meeting to see if I am the largest person in the room.

*Constantly tugging at my shirt to pull my arm sleeves down due to my enormous arms. Drives me nuts.

*Grocery shopping period.

*hearing "You know Maranda for your size, you dont let anything get in your way. And you have such a pretty face..... "

*After I hurt my back at work one day I couldnt even stand I was waiting on my husband to pick me up. The maintance guy said to me, well if you would lose weight, you wouldnt have these problems"

*People thinking just because I am a plus size person you can say whatever the hell you want to me and it is suppose to be ok because its for "my own good"

*Having people say to me You don't mind going to the gynocolgoist at your size? Hello I may be fat, but I still want to have preventative maintence.

*Having people ask me when am I due. I always act surprised then put on a serious face and say something that is matter of fact, but I get the message across if you are unsure.. dont ask.

*my feet and back hurting , which is all the time these days

*cooking meals like I do now. I hate to cook.

*Constantly have to adjust my bra on my sides I call my rolls my guard rails and having to yank the sucker back into place.

*having boring sex. I want to try a majority of the Karma Sutra.. just not yet, dont want to buy another new bed.

*boring old granny panties

*not being included in coworker clothing giveaway. I always get shoes. I want freebies too

*Not going to amusement parks because I want to ride but afraid I wont fit.

*My parents attempting to buy me clothing and they buy the largest of anything they can find..this past christmas it put me in tears when they purchased a top. It was 5 sizes larger than I wear. And I thought, Mom and dad see me as this big.. well how big am I really? Do I need to get my eyes checked or my head checked by my shrink?

*Not making jokes that the only thing on my skinny is my ears.

*The risk of stroke, heart attack, diabetes and the fear of dying young. Like 2 of my uncles in the last 2 yrs. 1 was 48 stroke the other was 51.

*Getting letters from my doctors where it says "we at blah blah want to thank you for appointment.. this 33 yr morbidly obese female.

*Be considered once a goodlooking woman.

*When I go out dancing get someone to dance with me. Men have rejected me. I respond I just want to dance, I dont want to have sex with you. Am I that revolting?

*The flopping noise of my gut when my husband and I have sex. So not romantic. And I dont think that noise will be futured in the next "in the mood for love soundtrack"

*Having my dogs use my gut as a step to get closer to my face

*wearing shorts over my UGLY swimsuit because my gut sticks out too far (like a pair of shorts hides that)and also knowing I needed a edge in the forest below but couldnt get to the area.

*shotty shaving jobs on my legs.

ohh I could go on and on sorry so long

Just waiting on approval from my insurance company.

hey everyone, I just wanted to say i've been reading this thread for 2 hours now it has taken me this long to get done because my eyes keep leaking. I joined this site not because of me but for my incredible husband (the best man I know) I knew how much being overwieght made him hurt inside but never the full extent of what he has delt with until you folks. We have been married now for 8 yrs he was heavy when we met so his wieght did not bother me but now i,m coming to realize how it bothers him We have finally saved enough for his surgery in oct he's excited I'm terrified but I know it will be for the best. I just want to support him the best I can without overpowering his own willpower.

thank you

vanesa

hey everyone, I just wanted to say i've been reading this thread for 2 hours now it has taken me this long to get done because my eyes keep leaking. I joined this site not because of me but for my incredible husband (the best man I know) I knew how much being overwieght made him hurt inside but never the full extent of what he has delt with until you folks. We have been married now for 8 yrs he was heavy when we met so his wieght did not bother me but now i,m coming to realize how it bothers him We have finally saved enough for his surgery in oct he's excited I'm terrified but I know it will be for the best. I just want to support him the best I can without overpowering his own willpower.

thank you

vanesa

Vanesa,

It's so wonderful to hear of such a supportive partner! Not everyone can be as empathetic as you, and Billy is a lucky man to have you in his life. My husband has been wonderfully supportive, too, and sees the money we spent on my surgery as an "investment" in our future together, as well as my own life. But even still, I don't think he probably "gets it" quite as well as you do after reading this thread. Go give him a big, strong hug and tell him you will always love him no matter what. And God bless all of you! This really will be for the best. It's your future together!

Ok. I know this thread is old, but I have to add my won't misses. I am sure that they are the same as everyone elses, but I feel the need to say them anyway. Here goes...

ruining every pair of pants at the thighs.

only shopping online so no one knows my size.

being so embarrassed (sp) when my dh wants me to wear some trashy, sexy outfit at home (I cried even though he loved the outfit)

uncomfortable sex life.

not wanting a sex life!

always being hungry

weighing more than my dh!

making excuses not to leave the house

not having any clothes that fit nicely

being the fat friend

being ignored in stores

not being able to wear cute high heel shoes (they can't hold me up)

sitting on the sidelines of life

not being able to do things with my 11 year old son

not cleaning my house the way should because i am too tired.

being scared that I am having a heart attack with every pain in my chest.

snoring so loud my son hears it in his bed room

being offered everyone's food (I am not a garbage disposal!)

having people look at me funny when I buy groceries (it's not all for me!)

all 9 of my medicines (all weight related illnesses)

My CPAP machine!

wow, i could go on forever.

Edited by *slim*

OMG!!!!! This is the best thread that N E 1 has ever started........

I will not miss:

Pulling myself out of the car

Lane Bryant/Catherines

Back Aches

Knees & Ankles crackling every step I take

Sitting at the back of a crowded room hoping noone see's me

forcing the chairs with arms to come off when I go to get up. gotta make sure I dont walk off with it

THE LOOKS

Worrying about embarassing my son when he starts school

My legs rubbing together

wearing pants in 200 degree weather

ugly bathing suits

ETC.ETC.ETC.:thumbup:

I won't miss.....

Back fat

A huge tummy

Not feeling as comfortable as I should during sex...or feeling uncomfortable being on top! My boyfriend is like a bean stalk! - This is a big one for me!

Feeling to big to be with my boyfriend

Not being able to cross my legs

Not wearing shorts

Not wearing a bikini

Towels that don't fit around me

Not wearing a belt

Not wearing clothes that I want to wear!!!!!

Feeling like I'm carrying way to much weight on my frame

Feeling like an Amazon woman when I wear heals I'm like almost 6 foot tall and I weigh 240!

Not feeling guilty anymore!

I am with you sister!!!! I just want to be able to go into a clothing store and be able to pick out a cute outfit for work ya know? OR better yet, able to wear the cute little lacy bra and panty sets!!! WOO HOO!!!:blush:

- damming up the tub (water won't pass to the back because I'm wider than the bathtub)

-

I havent finished reading this post yet, but I wanted to say- AS OF ONE WEEK AGO- I NO LONGER DAM UP THE BATH TUB!! i can officially FIT!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY :thumbup: :cry_smile: :blushing:

I havent finished reading this post yet, but I wanted to say- AS OF ONE WEEK AGO- I NO LONGER DAM UP THE BATH TUB!! i can officially FIT!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY :cry_smile: :blushing: :rolleyes:

Woohoo, congrats! I just cannot wait NOT to be hot, damnit! :thumbup:

I totally feel what everyone's saying.about things they won't miss...the digging bra straps, pulling at your clothes to hide your rolls every time you get up, avoiding sex, the blood pressure cuff, Lane Bryant, everything. Why are all the fat clothes ugly???

Besides not missing anything... I especially will not miss:

trying to do my hair bent over sideways because I can't hold up my fat arms... :w00t:

my belly laying on top of my skinny hubby while having sex... :sad:

having to pull the seat belt out 4 miles to put it on, then having it flop out on the ground when you get out of the car cause it's pulled out so far... :tt2:

people looking at me like i'm a freak... :)

and

the opinions of skinny people who think i am worthless just because i have more stored fat then they do.:cool2:

Things I will not miss:

The steering wheel rubbing my belly and the seat is back as far as it will go!:w00t:

Not being able to really find a bra that will fit right and being to embarrased to have a expert actually measure me and help find the correct size.:)

Trying to find a top that will cover my belly and not look like a maternity top.:cool2:

But most of all not feeling comfortable in my own body.:sad:

I could go on but y'all undertand where I am coming from!