Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Things I won't/don't miss about being Obese

I won't miss:

Type 2 Diabetes

lack of energy

My swollen legs and ankles

my triple chin

My high heart rate

the stares I get when eating at a restaurant

The ugly plus sized clothing

the pain in my hips and knees

wearing shorts and a T-shirt instead of a cute bathing suit

Getting out of breath when I play with my granddaughter

My mother saying you can have any man you want if you were thin

I could go on and on lol But most of all, I miss feeling good about myself. So I won't miss the low self esteem and the self loathing.

Suthernsurg - you tell your mom that she's just jealous!

We all SO have to stop talking so negatively to ourselves. STOP STOP STOP!

PS - How's M'ton? I lived in Memphis for years so "howdy"! :-)

My mom is about the same height and probably weighs about 120 pounds wet lol She has no clue what its like being heavy and I have let her know that many times. I love her to death but I just tell her I don't want a man that can't see the inside of a person anyway.lol. I'm soooo over her negativity about my weight.

M'Town is growing rapidly. You wouldn't believe how much. We actually have a Chili's and a Perkins now lol. To bad I wont get to eat many of those good baby back ribs after I get banded lol.

Really great thread!

What I wont miss...

-Alienating friend for fear they will ask me to go somewhere where I don't want to be seen

- Looking for a job that puts me in the back of the company

- Not going to amusement parks for fear of not fitting in seats

- Seeing people from my past and me thinking their thinking "she really let her self go" or "she got bigger"

- Being to insecure to go anywhere or do anything

-Spending all my time at home

- Not have self confidence

- Having to pull down my shirt as I walk, or when I get out of a seat

- Becoming afraid of people and their reactions and thoughts of me

- Not finding age appropriate clothes

The list can go on. The best way I can sum up what I wont miss

I wont miss not having a life

I Won't Miss And I Will Laugh In Everyone's Faces That Told Me I Couldnt Do It And Could Never Be Skinny!!!!! I Hope This Is So True Too

*Thighs rubbing together

*Hoping Lane Bryant sends me a coupon because it's the only place to find nice clothes in my size

*Restricted sex positions.. I want to try all of the Kama Sutra without breaking my poor husband's back

*Weighing more than my husband

*Taking up more than my cushion on the couch

*Worrying about the seatbelt fitting in other people's cars

*Getting winded from walking up the stairs

*Being the fattest person in the family/at work

*Knocking things off shelves/tables with my huge butt when I walk by

*Worrying about developing Type II Diabetes

*Going into normal stores with friends knowing that the only thing that I can buy and wear are accessories and flipflops

*Being told I have such a pretty face/eyes and that I could be a MODEL if I lost some weight

*Back tits :smile2:)

Edited by Camel_Cracker

I will not miss tearing my jeans trying to pull them up

being anti-social

avoiding mirrors

getting control shapers and fat reducing creams as gifts

my husband squeezing my fat arms

taking diet pills

spending my money on every "miracle fat reducing" product invented

blaming my sluggish thyroid

my fat clothes

using body shapers under clothes....

unsexy pajama pants

just a few I can think of from the top of my head!!!

Great thread! I am enjoying reading them as I can relate to most of them.

Things I will not miss are

Lipitor

Lopid

GERD

Zantac

weighing more than my husband

my mom telling me I am too fat

being the "fat Grama"

the autistic child I am a one-on-one aide to telling me I am fat, and she's only 7 years old and weighs 135 herself!

Having to put powder under my "apron" in the summer because of the stinky, itchy sweat

ugly parachute undies

the godawful clothes the stores seem to think us "fluffy gals" want to wear but wouldn't be caught dead in!

*not going to lunch with co-workers or people in general because you fear they will be disgusted by how much you eat

*having to order clothes online because for some reason they never have a store that caters to women or men with larger bone structures

*paying $100 on a bathing suit when everyone else can pay $20 or less

*being told you would be stunning if you lost some weight (basically they are saying you're ugly but if you lost weight you would be beautiful)

I won't miss

being asked to get off a rollercoaster I tried to ride with my son because the lap belt won't fit

not being able to teach my son to ride a bike because I can't run beside him and keep up

walking on a plane and everyone giving me that "Oh Crap! Don't sit next to me" look

not wearing a seat belt in my own car because it's uncomfortable

CHAFING! - seems to be a popular one on this thread! LOL

• Feeling so big in my DH arms.
  • Not being able to wear my wedding ring.
  • Being embarrased for my DH for having a fat wife.
  • Always praying I will not be the only fat one when we meet new people.
  • Being hungary every hour or two.
  • Having to struggle to get out of a chair or off the floor.
  • Being afraid I will bust through the trampoline.
  • Ugly underwear.
  • Getting out of breath and heartburn from bending to pick something up or tie my shoes.
  • Not having energy
  • Hating myself

Pictures of me trying to hide behind people

Buying cheap or consignment clothes because I don't want to buy good fat clothes.

Not being the "inside joke" because I can eat more than the men of the couples we hang around with

Being embarrassed about meeting people

OMG i forgot about the back tits!!!! I haven't wore a tank top out in public cause I can't control the back tits, hahahahahahahahahaha

These are the things I will miss the least...

1. Being the fattest person in my family

2. Patronizing comments from others who feel obligated to say "You're not fat!" if I comment on wanting to lose weight... Please! I'm 5'3" and weigh 270 pounds. Do people really think I will say "Oh, great...I guess I will eat that!"?

3. Missionary sex

4. Granny panties

5. Feeling too tired to even shop because trying on clothes wears me out

6. Trying to always be the one with the camera so that I won't be in front of it

7. Thinking that all my high school friends look so much better than I do (I used to be the one who always got hit on first when we went out!)

Gosh, I could think of so many more if it weren't so late! There is so much I am looking forward to giving up!