Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Things I won't/don't miss about being Obese

I'll tell you what I do miss....

Riding on the back of my husband's Harley because he can't hold us both up on the bike anymore.

This is great!!

1. Sweating in February :frown:

2. Swollen ankles :biggrin:

3. Sex in the dark :frown:

4. PLUS size ANYthing :ohmy:

5. Not wanting be in photos :biggrin:

6. "you have such a pretty face" :tongue:

7. lack of energy always :biggrin::thumbs_down:

Ya know...I awlays got the "you have a really pretty face comment". I never thought it was bad...but recently I realized it wasn't the greatest comment...

I won't miss...

being ashamed of buying a candy bar at the check out

the embarrasment of bending over (once I bent over at work and

someone shouted GOOD GOD THE FULL MOONS A RISIN')

Going to stand up and the plastic patio furniture being stuck to my large behind

Being afraid of STINKING all the time from all the sweating I do!!!

I won't miss:

Lane bryant either!!!!

Avoiding sex at all costs.:cursing:

Being all my friends cubby friend.:angry:

My kids saying "mommy I love you even though you have a big tummy":frown:

Looking forward to:

Wearing a bikini for the first time since I was 5.:scared2:

Being the cutest mom for my 4 year old.:ohmy:

My husband thinking I'm totally hot again!:wub:

Things I won't miss...

avoiding mirrors

old lady fat clothes and bathing suits

having the guys check out my friends and not me

barely being able to cross my legs

diabetes

high blood pressure

high cholesterol

heel pain, knee pain, back pain

having to go to the fat section that is every so conveniently located next to the maternity section (I'm fat, not pregnant!)

Leaning into the aisle on airplanes to be comfortable

being tired all of the time

worrying what people think when i'm checking out at the grocery store

lack of self confidence

I can't wait for my new life!

The Top Ten Things I Won't Miss Are:

-Horrible pains in my knees and ankles

-not fitting into amusement park rides

-not being able to feel comfortable in cute clothes

-shopping in the "big" stores

-stopping every 10 seconds when I run

-embarrassed to go out in public(staying in solitary confinment)

-nasty remarks about my weight

-not finding my size (in a plus size store)

-being around skinny friends

-depression

Why is it that as I read this entire thread tears welled up in my eyes.

It is because I can relate to just about everything I won´t be missing.

Thank you everyone for being brave enough to write down what has hurt me over the years and making me realise (again) that I have made the wisest decision ever in my life by having my band.

I thought of another one.

Last week, I went on a fast food run for my department at work, so I ordered a lot of food.< /p>

The teenage employee seemed very amused that I ordered so much food and snickered as he handed me the bags and said sarcastically "Enjoy your meals".

I couldn't even eat anything from there because of my pre-op diet, but the jerk assumed that because I was fat, all the food was for me.

It happens often. I won't miss that at all.

i loveee this thread! here are things i will not miss:

-having friends tell me "oh samantha you are not fat..can you stop!"

-having doctors tell me "oh you're getting the lap band? i didnt think you were that big"

-getting "chub rub" (when your thighs rub together and you get a rash

-having to always walk over to the huge PLUS SIZE sign in every store.

-crying in the dressing room because nothing ever fits

- crying in the dressing room because everything they sell in plus sizes should be for a 75 year old woman. (im 19)

-remembering my aunt telling me when i was little that if i didnt lose weight when i was older-i would never get a boyfriend..well who was white anyway. (what's the big deal anyway? black men HAVE to like larger women???)

-going on vacation and feeling like everyone is staring at the "fat family" on vacation.

-hating when i run into kids i went to grammer school with and knowing they're probably thinking "wow she got even fatter"

- trying to tuck my back fat into my 4 link bra

-being the fat cousin (all my cousins are skinny and beautiful)

-hating when it's too hot to wear my hair down and havin to put it up and expose my double chin

i will love when: girls are jealous of me, i can wear a bikini for the fisrt time in my life, being able to wear whats in style, not be a fat teen anymore!!!!!

Here is my list, I hope there’s not too many repeats!

• Ripping the butt of my jeans all the time
  • Being too embarrassed to eat in public or in front of anyone
  • Not being able to wear tall boots because my calves are too big
  • The stores with cute clothes where all my friends shop not carrying clothes big enough for me
  • Low self esteem
  • Being single
  • Everyone being asked to dance at the bar but me
  • Everyone having their beers bought for them at the bar but me
  • Back fat
  • Cellulite on my arms (and everywhere else, for that matter)
  • Not owning a tank top, pair of shorts, or a bathing suit
  • Buying shirts too big for me to fit my boobs
  • Not being able to trade clothes with my skinny friends
  • Not being able to find cute bras that fit
  • How fat I look on my motorcycle
  • How fat I look riding my horse
  • My fat jiggling when I ride my horse or go over bumps on my motorcycle
  • Having trouble getting up on my horse
  • Having trouble getting into tall pick-up trucks
  • People asking me “Have you tried diet and exercise?”
  • Being COMPLETELY IGNORED by men
  • Feeling like the fifth wheel, a burden to my friends
  • Crying in fitting rooms because nothing fits or looks good on me
  • Sucking in my stomach all day
  • Being afraid of rejection
  • Thinking no good man would ever want me
  • Not being able to see my hip bones
  • Sex in the dark
  • Not being on top
  • Only old men hitting on me

Edited by Nobody's Girl

Nobody's girl,

Gosh, your post made me so sad!! :-( So many things I can relate to in my former, younger years.

I don't know where you are in the process, but having Weight loss surgery can help, and it's amazing the transformation that can occur. However, it won't solve everything - but it sure does make social situations easier!

I'm about halfway there, and have already so much has changed. Not really my relationships with others, as much as I have so much more energy, feel better about myself, etc. Which is the first steps. You don't have to be perfect!

I hope someday we'll see a happy post from you, and you'll change your name to "Somebody's Girl"

Best wishes!

So many of these last posts trigger memories for me.....my suggestion to you girls is to print those posts out, and soon you will be checking off the list.

Those things can be done!!

Now I am much older than most of you, and my bikini days are long gone----but I am on the motorcycle and horse several times a week, shop in any store I want, get looks from men, my age, older, younger----amazing!!!!

Work your band----work with your Dr. and when you get down, read your list, then check out the before and after pics--soon you will be posting your own!!!

Hang tight, it is gonna happen!!

Kat