Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

I haven't posted how the surgery went... really still getting into the swing of things. Surgery was actually pretty uneventful. It only took about 30 minutes -- he said I did so well on the preop diet that my liver was SMALL. He said he wished his other patients were like me! :thumbup: That was a nice surprise! I spent my 1st night after the surgery walking all night. Gas was threatening to take me on and I wasn't going to let it. The nurses all kept asking me if I was ever going to get any sleep but having had 4 C-sections in the past, I knew I wanted to keep ahead of the gas. So, thankfully, there hasn't been much trouble with that. Now, the port pain is another story... feels like being stabbed over and over when you don't move the right way and heaven forbid if anyone even looks like they are going to bump me -- I send them sailing! :thumbup: So, they all learned pretty quickly not to hurt the momma. :)

Iheaven forbid if anyone even looks like they are going to bump me -- I send them sailing! :thumbup: So, they all learned pretty quickly not to hurt the momma. :)

HILLARIOUS!! I completely agree!!

Glad to know that you're on the up and up on beating the gas. I never gave it time to really hurt me either! I had heard way too much about the pain.

Alright, my Bama Sisters:

So, here's something I have been feeling the past few days and I hope this makes sense; I am wearing my bra 24-7, and even then it feels like my breasts are too heavy on my stomach. I am constantly trying to hold them up because I feel I can breathe a little easier. My stomach itself actually feels like an accordion that I can't get stretched out. Has anyone else had this feeling?

I am just now starting to be able to take deep breaths. I think it must be because of working close to the diaphram. I actually just noticed I was breathing better yesterday. Just keep working on taking deep breaths.

HTH

Shawna

Shawna and SBG:

I took 1 week postop pics last night and compared them to the night before surgery. I can actually tell a small difference. How about you guys? Have you done any comparison shots yet?

Oh that's great!! I haven't tried that but days like this I need to haha. I've stuck on a 20 pound loss... which I am VERY thankful for! I will give that a try this weekend!

hello everyone, first congratz to everyone that has got the band. im hoping to hear anytime about mine. just waiting on the bc/bs to send me the letter. im using dr.miles. this has been one long road. it has been 10 months since i seen dr.miles for the first time. and now im just waiting. maybe i will get some good news soon.

:sad_smile:well i got to talk to neoami today to check on my paper work. she told me that bc/bs with intracorp has changed what you have to get done now. she said that i have to do a one on one nutrition class. and still do one before the surgery. so i got to go and do this one on one class before she can send the paper work in. i asked why she didnt emailed or called me about this yet. she replyed that she hasent had time. i was like wth. i been waiting so long. but im not giving up im going to get this done and pray. she also told me after she sends the paper work in it will be up to one month to get an answer. whats next.:confused2:

Gosh what a bummer!!! It's very aggrivating that the insurance companies can change the rules so often and you have no way of knowing until it comes up. Is this just a one time visit for the one on one. Get that bad boy scheduled and go for it!!

I don't know about your plan, but I have regular BCBS PPO and she told me the same thing.... up to a month after submitting.. but it wasn't. I don't know exactly how long it took as I was experiencing a failed pregnancy at the time and was too busy with that. I do know that I just happened to call one day to check on it and she said.. oh you were approved I was just waiting to hear from you. SO.. my suggestion is once you know it's been submitted.. either call BCBS or her at least once a week and check on it. Even after she told me that.. it was like 2 more weeks before I got the approval letter in the mail. So do what you have to do to keep it all current and the ball rolling!

thanks savebygrace. i called today to get the ball going. they are going to call me back. but i thing i will call them later today. i just wish neoami would have told me earlier. but i can handle it. not going to give up.

Hi Jason,

Justed wanted to tell you to keep trucking and not let any of these obstacles slow you down. I know from experience that sometimes you have to be aggressive with the Neoami and the insurance company. I hope you have smooth sailing from here on out and good luck!

Hi Jason,

Justed wanted to tell you to keep trucking and not let any of these obstacles slow you down. I know from experience that sometimes you have to be aggressive with the Neoami and the insurance company. I hope you have smooth sailing from here on out and good luck!

thanks. im not giving up now.

Hello Everyone, I have been looking into the lapband surgery for over a year. Problem is I am in Kuwait! I have checked with a wonderful center in Dubai but my family (wonderful in-laws) are in Tuscaloosa. I have been reading about Dr. Miles and Dr. Schmitt and I hope to make their June 21 meeting (as I will be home on two weeks R&R) Does anyone know if they take Aetna Global Insurance and how long is the seminar? Thanks any help is appreciated