Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

Congratulatins, Di... please keep us informed on everything, it's so helpful to get the information...Good Luck and God Bless!

Postopers of Miles or Schmitt..... how long after your arrival time (day of surgery) was your surgery scheduled? I got a call today telling me to be there at 5:15... I live 2.5 hrs away.. WOW thats early. But anyway, I have family that wants to come and wondered what time surgery actually is??

Postopers of Miles or Schmitt..... how long after your arrival time (day of surgery) was your surgery scheduled? I got a call today telling me to be there at 5:15... I live 2.5 hrs away.. WOW thats early. But anyway, I have family that wants to come and wondered what time surgery actually is??

I had the 5:15 appointment time too, and had to drive from Huntsville, which at that time of morning is probably an 1:30-1:45 min drive. They took me back almost right away, but I cant really recall exactly what time the surgery started (I'm sure Dr. Schmitt's office folks could give you an idea). I was home by 2pm though, I do know that.

Congrats and good luck!

So how did it go Wendy? I just got back in town last night. I thought about you on Thursday! I am freakin out because when I got in and checked my mail I got my card back from my sleep study and it had a note saying that the card was blank!!! I dont know what I am going to do. I only have 8 days until my surgery and they want at least 5 days of data. I am worried that I wont have enough time for 5 days and mail it in and them to get the data to Dr. K Schmitt in time for her to release me. My whole family has made arrangements for this surgery and now what! Okay just a vent! I hope you are doing okay. Let me know.

PS my vacation pics are in the gallary of my website 2 Chicks Takin Pics |

=)

Shawna

Oh great! What a pain to deal with that! I would call her first thing tomorrow.. which I'm sure you will. That must be agrivating. I'm glad I didn't have to deal with that. I got my own sleep doctor and glad I did.

Surgery went fine. More pain that I expected but hopefully it's going alway. The port incision is the only one that hurts and it's only when I'm getting up or down. I have some pain around my rib cage that concerned me but Dr. Miles said it wasn't anything to be worried about. I've been strict to the diet and have been walking a couple of times a day. It seems to help with the gas and motivates me. I have 5 incisions with a total of 15 staples. I took turns with the liquid tylenol and liquid lorcet so that I didn't run out of the good stuff over the weekend. I only take it at night now. I'm generally pooped... not much energy but I'm sure its from being put to sleep. Everyone was nice at St. V's... well my post op nurse could have been nicer but I'm sure I wasn't the best patient... I HATE pain lol. Anyway, I'm going to go check out your vacation pictures. Let me know what you find out about the card mess up. Thanks for checking on me!!

Shawna, I would call Dr. Kim Schmitt's office first thing this morning. I had problems with Mid-South, too. Surely, they can get this straightened out, so you can stay on schedule! Glad you had a nice vacation, you're pictures are GREAT!

Wendy, I keep reading this is the day you should feel better. Do you???!!!!

Wendy, I keep reading this is the day you should feel better. Do you???!!!!

Hey Diane! I just got out of bed and so far... yes I feel alot better so far. Last night was my first night to sleep in bed and it was tough! I am a side/ belly sleeper and I knew this would be hard. While in the recliner the last 3 days, I didn't have the temptation to turn and I slept alot better but last night, I felt like a crack head feening for a hit lol.. I wanted to turn SO bad!! I was able to get semi comfy on my right side but had to support my belly with a pillow. Other than that, I feel that I am breathing better than yesterday. The pain in my rib cage seems to have lifted some. I'm about to go walking and we'll see if it's still there. I've read from another bandster with the same pain and same onset.. that hers was a partially collapsed lung and relieved itself about day 10 but I'm not having that!! In Jesus name.. be better TODAY!! I've had a partially collapsed lung a couple of years ago but had pnuemonia at the same time so I can't remember how long it took to feel better.

Thanks for checking on me! :biggrin2:

Sounds like you're doing great, SBG! In our preop class, she said it was normal for the lungs to deflate a little at the bases due to the anesthesia. Did they give you any kind of incentive spirometry to do at home? If not, then I would just concentrate on taking deep breaths throughout the day to get those lungs inflated back up.

Hey everyone I am Dr Schmitts Patient. I had the band entered into my life on June 27, 2007. Best thing I ever did. Lost 70 pounds in 5 months. Kinda at a stand still right now. My sister is on the list to have the surgery June 10th. I can tell you that Neomi answers emails better than phone calls. Or call her in the mornings like 8-30 - 9 when the office is not so busy. Do not give up. They do make you do everything. sleep study, nutrician class, ekg etc. I was a self pay and was very glad to know that they still made me go thru all of this for my safety!! Go get it done, and schedule your surgery!

Hey Bamalama! Congrats on the loss! That is awesome!!! Care to share you exercise routine, calorie intake, how you made it happen? How many fills have you had? I wondered if they are strict about the 6 weeks or if its individual based. Thanks for sharing!!

Sounds like you're doing great, SBG! In our preop class, she said it was normal for the lungs to deflate a little at the bases due to the anesthesia. Did they give you any kind of incentive spirometry to do at home? If not, then I would just concentrate on taking deep breaths throughout the day to get those lungs inflated back up.

Yes they gave me spirometer and I've been faithful to it... until today. I've felt so much better that I've only done it a couple of times. My bad. lol.

I don't remember her mentioning this is our nutrition class but wish it had been so I would have been prepared. But anway, I'm grateful that it's ALOT better! It's been beautiful outside today so I've walked a couple times and plan to do so again in a bit. I couldn't seem to get satisfied yesterday but today I've had to make myself eat. I wish that feeling would stay until I get a fill haha

today I've had to make myself eat. I wish that feeling would stay until I get a fill haha

What the heck are you eating???? :smile2: Aren't you supposed to be on liquids?? :biggrin2:

lol.. yes and I am.. Soup is eating aint it? lol I am on full liquids... Protein Shakes, cream Soups, etc. I didn't want anything yesterday and had to make myself DRINK.. but today I am paying for it. I am back to work and VERY tired already. I guess I didnt get enough nutrients in yesterday. But I have lost 16 lbs!!!!