Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

StephC's PS journey/I got approved!!

YAY Steph on your surgery date!

I am going for my first consult with Dr J Lo on 04/28. I can not WAIT!

Last night my dd and I got caught up in a show about gastric bypass patients who have lost weight and now going through full body lifts. Some of them had 3 and 4 surgerys. I couldn't watch some parts of it, the Lipo totally freaks me out. If you watch it you'd understand why theres so much pain afterward. Its not like the dentist assistant who gently sucks the spit out of your mouth, they take that rod and ram it - ouch! Then when they are cutting off the excess skin, they just stretch and pull and move that stuff all around. It just seemed so rough to me. Sorry if this is tmi but even though it freaked me out I'm still going through with it and even during the show I clapped my hands and yelled I CAN'T WAIT!!! The results are amazing, just amazing - as we've seen on our lapband friends who've shared with us. I'm getting so excited!

Last night my dd and I got caught up in a show about gastric bypass patients who have lost weight and now going through full body lifts. Some of them had 3 and 4 surgerys. I couldn't watch some parts of it, the Lipo totally freaks me out. If you watch it you'd understand why theres so much pain afterward. Its not like the dentist assistant who gently sucks the spit out of your mouth, they take that rod and ram it - ouch! Then when they are cutting off the excess skin, they just stretch and pull and move that stuff all around. It just seemed so rough to me. Sorry if this is tmi but even though it freaked me out I'm still going through with it and even during the show I clapped my hands and yelled I CAN'T WAIT!!! The results are amazing, just amazing - as we've seen on our lapband friends who've shared with us. I'm getting so excited!

do you remember the name of the show?

It was on D-HC (Discovery Health) and I think it was Plastic Surgery Before/After. I looked on my guide and I don't see the full body lifts on again in the next few days but I think tonight is about face lifts. If I see it on again I'll let you know.

Well its been 2 weeks since my last fill and I'm down 6 lbs. I guess thats pretty good, but it seems like most of that came off the first week. I'm hoping I can get these last 9 lbs off in the next 4 weeks. I'm walking 2-4 miles a day, I'm back to work so I'm not sitting home around food, and I'm really trying to watch all my intake. I'm really excited about the Tummy Tuck and want it to be as good as possible.

Everyone I've told that I'm getting the tt are all so jealous! My dd told a friend of mine and she said ohhhh I'm so jealous, my dd said but you're thin you don't need one and she said oh yes I do, having babies has stretched me all out. I told dd that every women who has ever had a baby wants a tt. :wink_smile:

Hey Girls---I just got my APPROVAL!!!!!!!!!! Insurance didn't question a thing, I have my next appointment on the 18th, unless there is a cancellation, and both times prior that got me in early-------she said she would go ahead and pencil me in the next open slot following that and we could discuss it, when I see him! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I too have actually managed to drop a bit lately, being sick does that!!! I have yet to claim it---gonna see if it stays away!

Had to share--

Kat

I know---I am so excited I could just about do a flip! But....the belly flap might smack me in the head and make this whole thing a moot point!!!!

Thanks Girls--I couldn't wait to share the good news!

Kat

Question for Kat and Steph. I was approved by insurance for a panneculectomy (sp). I had to pay extra to get the TT. Is your approval for a TT? If so, that's great!!! If not, the insurance only pays for the portion of the surgery (and hospital) having to do with the panneculectomy. My original PS was going to stop and start a stopwatch to time the difference for the hospital's part. The extra hospital costs alone would have been $2,400. Then there would be extra for the anesthesiologist's (sp) part. I think that was $750/hr beyond the time taken for the panneculectomy. I ended up going to another PS who has his own surgical center. So, the hospital part wasn't a problem. I paid $7,000 and will see what I get back from the insurance co. The insurance company (Regence Blue Shield) told me that the maximum to the doctor would be $1,500.

This is long and rambling, I know. But, I'm curious if your insurance company's are paying for the whole thing. That is, are they paying for the whole Tummy Tuck, Lipo, muscle, new belly button, etc.? Or, just to have the pannus removed?

First of all - YEEAAAAAAAAA KAT!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you. I'd do a flip too but the apron would slap me in the back of the head! LOL Ohhhhhhhhhh to be in the flatlands! I'm so happy we are doing this at the same time. Yippee!

4meonly - yep my insurance is paying for both the panny and the tt. The actually have 2 codes. I feel soooooooo blessed and give God the credit bc I did a lot of praying for the tt. All of that sounds fishy to me about your costs. My sister had a full tt and it only cost her 6K and I went to another surgeon and his fee was 10K - so it just sounds high to me. I think I said this somewhere else but the scheduling girl at the ps told me that the other dr might not have wanted to talk insurance with me bc if his fee is 10K and insurance says yes we'll approve but we will only cover 6K he has to accept the 6k. Like I said I feel blessed to have found my surgeon and for my ins to be covering it.

Kat - I'm so happy for us - keep me updated.

Steph, You are very blessed to have it all covered! I didn't know that insurance covered anything but the pannus removal. Congatulations!! I, honestly, am just glad to have it behind me. I didn't like all the waiting. Keep us posted on your journey. I'm enjoying the posts on your journey to the flatlands.

thanks 4meonly! So how are you feeling? How far post-op are you? Are the flatlands as good as you expected?

Steph, I had my surgery 1 week ago today. Everything has gone great. Day 5 was a bit dicey, only because of the Constipation. Just remember to take a laxative of some kind starting the day after surgery. I didn't have any drains so never had that to deal with. My new belly button is kind of cute. I get to stop using the foam and binder starting today. I will still use the compression garment for the next month. I don't have much swelling. Thanks for asking.