Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

StephC's PS journey/I got approved!!

We are alike---I am the same way---my biggest worry about being in TX until time for the surgery, is my house! I will not leave to go on vacation, or for something like this planned surgery, without everything in its place. I don't care if I have to be at the hospital at 6 that morning, I will change my sheets before I leave, I will come home to a fresh house!!!

I want the DW empty, and nothing in the sink, ready for it to be loaded as needed.

As for everyday, I am not a slob, but I am not a neat freak either. It is only when I am gone, or when I am not going to be 100% I want everything in order!

This time I am going to have to trust DH---and roll with it!!! Could be interesting!

Julie sounds good already----soon you too will have it behind you-----and I have less than a month---YAY!!!!!!!

Kat

Funny how so many of us are so alike in so many ways. I'm not a clean freak at any other time but its as if I have to do it all. Like if I'm not there its NEVER going to get done. My family is used to me but the poor souls I work with don't know where I'm coming from. Most of them just nod their heads ok, ok.

One week from today... omgoodness... I'm getting fricking antsy! (like I wasnt excited up to this point?!!?)

I went to the pre-op tests and talked to the anethesist yesterday. I told them the only thing I'm concerned about is waking up with a tube in my throat. When I had my band done they woke me up with the tube in my throat, I freaked out. I've had 7 surgeries and had never had that happen before, she said it was probably bc of my weight and constricted airway... she noted it and said that it won't happen this time. So thats outta the way, they gave me special soap to shower with the day of surgery. I'm getting my i's dotted, now its just getting the t's crossed. :thumbs_down:

My best bud went with me yesterday and she said she'd go with dh the day of, and I think dd wants to come along - I'm loved. I'll probably just chase them all home as soon as I get to my room anyway. But its nice they care.

I hear ya on the tube----I did not wake up with mine in---never have. But last November I had to have a tumor removed from my thyroid---and it had gotten so big, I could not lay on my back without it blocking my airway----so in order to do the surgery, I had to be intubated while awake....so the tumor did not relax on the airway----very unpleasant!!! I honestly don't remember much of it, just a quick gag, and him pulling my lower jaw, and it must have slid in, he told me he would drop me as soon as he go past it, I would hardly remember it---he was right!

Good Luck----I am sure we will see you this week in here---LBT stress relief!

Kat

Kat this month is going to fly by for you. Seriously I feel it was just last week I was at the ps and getting my date - when I was pouting about not getting it when I wanted it. The whole month flew by so fast, which I think is partly bc its spring and spring always goes so fast its hard to enjoy the flowers bc they're here one day and gone the next. I'm excited for you, and I think its awesome that all you shrinking violets are getting together too. I have my "steadies" who I'd love to get with like that. You'll have a blast.

I know I use LBT more as a blog then a forum. I guess it is a stress reliever. I'm glad you all are putting up with me.

Steph, when is your date? What exactly are you having done? For me the Tummy Tuck has been really easy. I can't even tell you how great my stomach looks. I had a lapband friend over this a.m. and showed her my abs and she couldn't believe how flat it was. 6.2 lbs of pannus. I am thrilled. Good luck. Julie

Thanks Julie - my tt is on Thursday May 1st. Just a few more days. I'm very excited.

We had a work day at our church today and one of my friends had gastric bypass a few years ago and I think its been a year or more since she had the tt. She also had the same dr that is doing my tt. She said she loves it and she said I'll love it. It was good to hear from one of my dr's patients first hand how well he did. The only negative statement was that she doesn't have an hourglass figure anymore. She said even when she was fat she still had ah hourglass figure and it made me think of LJM saying about the tree stump figure. I said I've never had an hourglass or pear figure so I've go nothing to lose. I'm an apple so if I loose the belly its hard telling how I'll end up looking.

I think thats the biggest fear in all this ... what am I going to look like afterward? Will it work for me? I hope so, I hope I'm happy with the results.

Pray for me...

I'm the same way Steph---I have no hourglass....

My PS said much of the pain from a TT is the liposuction, and how it is done in so many areas usually. But in my case he said there will be very little, just some of the pubic mound, and the upper stomach. None on the sides, or back, the usual love handles....I have none!!! I have nothing left to lose on the back, or love handles, or hips. He said in fact the incision may pucker a bit at each end, because my hip bones, are just bone covered in skin. But he said in a year we could fix that in the office. I thought to myself---after living for years with this hanging belly, do you really think I would care about some mild puckering on a scar????

I have always, even back in the day when I was thin, been top heavy, and no hips---very slim---not curvy on the bottom half. So I figure, I have to be ok, I never had perfection, so don't expect it now!!! Although I will say, I never truly appreciated how good I looked back then, I fret over the boyish hips, and everything, and to look back now, I looked good!!! LOL

You will be fine---it is almost here, I know I only have like 20 some days left!!! YAY!!!

Kat

Kat - time is flying by. I can't believe how alike we are. Funny. I always had that boyish figure too, now I think dang why couldn't I have appreciated it then! You know when I think about it, even tho the outcome scares me, its still going to be so worth it.

When all those wild goofy thoughts come into my head I have to refocus and tell myself that I wasn't even expecting a Tummy Tuck, I went to the ps thinking if all the insurance will pay for is the pannectolmy then good, just get this chunk of skin/fat off of me!

One of the other things she told me was that she was only in the hospital one day. My/our dr told me expect up to 3 days in. She said no, she went home with the drains the next day. So thats kinda cool to know since I was freaked out about dd going to prom and me missing the kids all dressed up. My oldest dd is coming in late friday night from college so she'll be with me all weekend too.

Kat I think you're right about the Lipo hurting the most. And like you I don't have any back fat (or very little) so he doesn't plan on lipo-ing anything. The friend from church said it wasn't bad at all.

You all know I've been excited but its getting to the point of not sleeping or when I wake up its the first thing that comes to my mind. I think I'm ready.

My new before pics. I never wear bikini panties, can't stand the feel of them under my apron but I stole a pair of dd's for the before and afters.

post-211273-13813136974864_thumb.jpg

post-211273-13813136975047_thumb.jpg

post-211273-13813136975209_thumb.jpg

Edited by StephC

I know its hard to believe by looking at those pictures but I am in a very comfortable size 10, I could probably squeeze into a 8 but would have the muffin top hanging down over the sides and I've gotten to the age where its all about comfort! I'm hoping after he cuts of the excess I'll be in an 8. We'll see.

Steph honey, I'm so excited for you!!!!!! Only a few more days and it'll be bye bye tummy and hello gorgeous flat stomach! I just wish I had enough courage to post mine but I'd gross everyone out. My "fat apron" hangs down about mid-thigh on me. You should see me getting dressed and having to tuck and stuff the damn thing into a girdle! But once I get it all stapped in, I have to admit, I look pretty darn good. Man, won't it be great when we never have to look down and see the party favors life gave us for our years of stuffing ourselves into shapes we never thought possible. Good luck and my prayers and best wishes are with you!!!!! You're gonna do great and come out looking like a million dollars cause you already looked like 999,999 dollars!

Kat, I'm so glad that you mentioned the pubic mound cause mine looks more like a pubic mountain!!!!! I didn't have the courage to ask the plastic surgeon about it the day I was there but I was so hoping that something could be done there. You just made me know that there is. You know, people that have never been really heavy wouldn't even have a clue that that is a body part that gets fat, but it does. Man, it's so weird how comfortable I feel talking about and asking questions on here about things I won't even mention to a doctor! This site is probably the most helpful and wonderful site on the Internet! Not to mention the nicest people on the Internet!!!! Steph, I'm sure I'll be talking with you before Thursday but if not.....good luck and hurry back so I can grill you on how it went!

Becky-they refer to it as a mons lift, they are going to do some mild Lipo, and lift the skin to make it taut again. He said mine should be pretty easy, as there is not an issue with a pubic hairline----I guess it was a side benefit of chemo that someone besides DH gets to appreciate---sorry TMI I know, but it made me laugh!!!

Steph you already look great, you are going to be one of the TT poster children!!! Mine is ungodly, and MUCH MUCH MUCH worse!!!! I am in a size 14 easy--will likely make a 10 when it is said and done, because they fit, they just won't button around the middle. Not sure I could ever post it---but will take them, then decide!! If I looked like you, I could do it without issue, unfortunately I do not!!!

Well, I have things started to cook out, guess I better get busy--see you girls tomorrow!

Kat

My doc will be doing the mons lift as well, but she laser removes the hair at the pre-op appointment so that there is no concern with hair around the incision. There was no extra charge for any of this...just part of the 6500 I will be paying her.

I am sooooo excited for you guys. I am scheduled to run a half-marathon 4 days before my TT so that I can focus on something else. Otherwise I would be up all night for the 2+ weeks between the end of the school year and my TT. I practically did not sleep between the time I found out that I was having Lap Band until I had my surgery. A month without sleep is tough!

Steph our bottom tummy part looks the same, but I have a distinct upper roll. Where my belly button is sunken in between the two rolls and my skin there is fairly tight. I look ridiculous! You can check them out on http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f95/plastic-surgery-55221/ if you want to look at something that will make you feel better. I can't wait for July 3!!!! That will be my independence day...Independence from fat and skin!

Edited by salsa1877