Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

StephC's PS journey/I got approved!!

Steph,

did your doc talk to you about vitamin/supplements yet?

i started Vit C 2 1/2 weeks before and continued after and i think that helped quite a bit. you may want to ask them.

No he didnt' say anything about extra Vitamins. But I do have some C tablets here. Do you think I should start taking them? How about your daily vitamins, did you double up on them or anything? I dont' like the Iron chewables but I've been taking them just bc I figured it'd help build my blood.

DH does have to go out of town for work. It might just be a couple weeks but it could be longer. I know he'll take my surgery day off and then the next day he has a mandatory class. I'm ok with that, I most likely will just want to nap all day anyway.

I started taking a C and other then that I've been taking my normal ones. I take childrens chewables, one with Iron (gross) and 2 gummies, and then I take my Calcium chewy candies (yummy) - I figured it wouldnt' hurt to take a vit.C - my dh swears by his C, so he was all for me taking them. I'll call on Monday to see if they want me to do anything different. You'd think they would've told me by now since I have all the pre-op test papers and I won't be going back to see him now, just the day of surgery.

I haven't lost anymore weight ... I guess I must not be working at it hard enough. In church today one of my friends said "you look so good" I said thanks and she said "you look so healthy, some people just lose too much and don't look good, but you look so good" - that was so nice to hear. I really think I'm ok with where I am with my wieght and size. Like I told dh, I know I'm not thin, but I also know I'm not fat anymore and I actually feel like I look good. I feel kinda bad that I'm not getting the last 10 lbs off that I wanted to before tt but I really feel good and healthy.

I'm still feeling bummed that I might not make it to my dd's senior athletic banquet, just stinks! I'm just going to pray for a speedy recovery. Just enough to get me into a nice pair of slacks and sit me in a corner.

Steph....I've just been reading your posts and I'm so happy for you! I just hope to jump on the bandwagon and get approved by my insurance company. I hate the waiting game but man it'll be so worth it if I do get approved. Good luck and thanks for the great posts cause I need all the help I can get. So, get ready girl cause I'll get all Perry Mason on you and ask tons of questions!

Thanks Becky! You are welcome to ask as many questions as you want! I've been excited from the start, well from the insurance approval, and as the days count down and I get closer and closer I'm really getting giddy. Two weeks from today I'll be getting the flat tummy I've only ever dreamed about.

Thanks LJM! The time is coming up fast. I knew April would fly by bc of working full time and just so much going on. It seems like theres something going on every night! In fact last night my dd, her boyfriend and I went to dinner to Celebrate her passing her state boards for cosmotology and I said I havent' cooked since Sunday! Its been something every night!

Just a sample of my week - Monday work, daughters track meet, grab something to eat on the way home - Tuesday work, support group meeting, rushed to the track to walk with friends, grabbed something on the way home, Wed. work, took a quick nap when I got home (exhaustion starting to set in), out to dinner to celebrate, Thursday (tonight) work, daughters track meet, grab something to eat on way home again, Friday work, going to dinner with daughter in law and to the movies, Saturday, will be trying to catch up on the house and hopefully hubby will be home from working out of town, daughters dinner for Fire Queen. Sunday will be church and an afternoon nap!

I know you all live life like this too - just a part of being a mom. I just get myself really stressed out when I can't do it all. Like the week I'm recovering from surgery - its going to be so hard to sit home when I know theres places to be. Its just that this is my baby's last year for it all - my last year for it all. Really my last month of it all, when she graduates thats it. Life as I know it will change. The surgery is happening right in the middle of her busiest month, and my most emotional month.

Steph, I'm so excited for you! Wow, just to think that you're only a few days away from surgery just makes my heart glad for you!

I just posted somewhere else and saw my ticker - I'm down to single digits! Nine days! I'm getting so obsessive about it, its all I can think about. Can't wait!

I can only imagine the single digits. I woke up yesterday and told DH this is the last 21st of any month I have to wake up with this belly. Of course he did look at me like I had lost my ever lovin' mind!!! I guess I should have opened with Good Morning!

I am going to be in Texas with the Shrinking Violets Group from May 16th to the 19th, then come home and have surgery on the 20th!!! It should easily occupy my mind the last few days!

Of course getting everything ready to go on the trip, then to the hospital, will make it a busy time before!!!

Hope Julie's surgery went well yesterday!!!

Kat

:glare:

Kat we are so alike! I'm always saying things like that to dh. The other day I got out of the tub and said just think in a little over a week I'm not going to have this jelly belly anymore - in the meantime my old 36 longs were swinging - so I grabbed the sistas and said then we can work on the girls. LOL

You're lucky to be going out of town for a few days prior, definitly help get your mind off of it ... yeah right! As if you aren't going to be just as excited in Texas as you would be in NM! But at least you'll have somewhat of a distraction.

I feel like its happening faster now. Today at work we were going over what I expect out of everyone. :Dancing_biggrin: I'm the club mother - yeah you can bet they all call me a mother behind my back too. Anyway as we were going over what I needed from everyone to get my shtuff in order I was like wow this is really happening fast. I just have to be so stinking organized! It drives me crazy. I can never leave a t uncrossed or an i undotted.

Do I sound a bit excited? Not really? Ok I have to go obsess over MMH and see if I can find someone with the same bmi as me.