Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

StephC's PS journey/I got approved!!

Is there info or a thread on the forum about reasons inc will cover PS like panni and TT?

I will need that down the road and wonder what kind of documentation you used to get approval.

You're all so lucky to be getting this done and I can see why you're all excited.

I have UPMC. I had to show proof of a medical need. So when I went in I told the doctor that I get a rash thats like athletes foot, I use a cream for athletes foot on it. I told him that when I roll around in bed it feels as if I might tear the skin, and that I can't jog because the flap slaps as I run, someone else said to tell them you have lower back aches, which I do but forgot to tell them about that. So he took pictures and he was concerned that I still had 20 lbs to lose to be in the 'normal' bmi but I guess I was close enough that they decided I needed it done. I thought it would just be the pannectomy (apron removel) but the doctor said he will do a full Tummy Tuck.

You should call your insurance company now to find out what they require.

Steph,

I will be going back to work either the week of April 14th or 21st. I work at school only 4 hours a day. I test students, so not a strenuous job.

Cheryl

Thats good you can take that much time off. I'm not going to be able to. (my biggest gripe over the whole ps thing) I don't have a hard job either - sitting on my butt all day - logging in and out of LBT - :smile:

But I do have responsibilities, I know I'll have to come in to do payroll or my fellow workers will hang me.

I have to post every day just to see my ticker count down. Too cool. I got on the scale this morning and it actually moved! Yeah! I'm busting my butt trying to get these last few pounds off and I was getting worried. 8 lbs to lose before May 1st.

Steph,

I went in to surgery at 115 (undressed), after surgery was 128.8 (fully dressed), and I'm now 115.2 fully dressed (9 days out). That's a real lose of at least 3 pounds, already. Cool!!

The doctor only took off about 2-3 lbs of skin and another 2 lbs of Lipo. They showed me pictures of the skin. weird!!

You don't have long to go. Good luck.

Cheryl

My day is fast approaching. I can't believe its just 3 more weeks! This month is moving fast. So many things going on and to top it off I'm back to work full time so that makes my day go so much faster.

Bad news is it sounds like dh will be working out of town. Its a good thing bad thing. The good is that the job he is going to is just 30 miles from my oldest dd, who is in college. So that would be really nice for both of them, they can have dinner together and stuff. The bad side is he won't be around after my surgery - and still thats got a good side. He would definitely take the day .. or weekend off for my surgery but then the next week he wouldnt' be around, and yet it would be less for me to worry about. Hmmm And I have my youngest dd, who's almost 18 to help me and take care of me.

Its always something.

4meonly - how tall are you? I don't think I want to see pic of the skin, I'm one of those that gets grossed out pretty easily.

Did ya all see my ticker? The days are moving on down. :rolleyes:

Steph,

I'm 5'4" tall.

Yesterday was a hard day. My stomach felt so tight. I really haven't had much swelling. I've left my compression garment on 24 hours/day until last night. I slept without it. I only have two more days until I wear it only during the day.

I may go back to work next Monday (18 days out).

I saw th doctor on Monday. He said things are healing very well. The belly button still has a little redness to it. I won't see him again until my 3-week followup.

It's getting closer for you.

Cheryl

I think I'll be ok. My surgery is on a Thursday, and I'll be in the hospital on Friday, hopefully I'll get out before Sat. (dd's sr prom) - anyway I'll have dh and dd to help me around until Monday and I think I should be feeling pretty good by then thats a good 4 days of healing. I'm thinking about going into work on Monday for a couple of hours. Just bc we are closed on Mondays (everyone but me) so I could go in in my jammies and not have to worry about anyone seeing me. Get my payroll and bills done and go home. Then I think I'll take the rest of the week off and not go in again until the following Monday. That'll be day 11 or 12 of my healing.

As far as dh being away that week, not a big deal - less of a worry on me. I'm old school - I still get up and pack my hubbys lunch and make his coffee in the mornings, have his supper ready when he comes home from work - all the little wifey things. So for him to be working away from home is a mini vaca for me. Let me clarify dh would never expect me to get up with him or make supper after just having surgery - he doesn't expect me to do it now, its something I like to do. I've been doing it for 28 yrs - its just kinda habit now.

Speaking of dh - he's been very supportive about every decision I've made, from the lapband to the tt - he's just so funny about it all. Last night I made porkchops in tomatoes for him, and I took a small bite of the tomatoes and it gave me a tummy ache - I was telling him about it and he said, well after you get that surgery you can just go back to normal. LOL what like I'm gonna get the band removed? Silly men. But he's a sweetie, he's been working for 2 weeks around the yard, cleaning out my flower beds bc he said its better to get it done now before I have my surgery. All that is true, but I never plant my annuals until after memorial day anyway. BUT we have a beautiful looking yard - long before the neighbors - thanks to my tummy tuck!

Cheryl - you must be teeny! I wish you'd post some pics! My youngest dd is 5'2" and she's 115 and a size 3. I can't imagine being so little. Thanks for your encouragement. I'm really excited. I guess I must have been this excited for the band too but all I remember was getting through the pre-op diet.

Steph,

I have a great, suppotive husband, also. I love him more than when I married him 37 1/2 years ago. He's great! It's always nice to hear hear from others who feel the same about their DH.

I don't know how to post photos. I'm not very good at this computer thing.

Cheryl

Isn't that the best thing about marriage? I also love my dh more now then when we first got married. I try to tell young couples that if you just get through the tough years it really does get better.

I found out last night that my daughters athletic banquet is on May 4th. It wouldnt' be such a big deal to miss it except that she's a SENIOR!!! Dang it anyway! I dont' even know if I'll be out of the hospital by then. I plan on going and figure if I'm not feeling up to it I'll just have dh and dd get my food and stuff. Hopefully I'll be out of the hospital by then. The surgeon said plan on 3 days in the hospital. I'll just have to get better fast.