Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

SpecialK, I don't know if it's helpful to tell you about this or not.... PB2 is powdered Peanut Butter available online (with stores in some states -- not mine). You mix it with a little Water till smooth (or throw it directly into a Protein shake) and use it just like regular Peanut Butter. It has 54 calories and 2.8 grams of fat for 2T verses 190 calories and 16 grams of fat for 2T of regular peanut butter. It's really quite good! :thumbup:

You can order it at Bell Plantation - PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter - Home. Also, while they don't have samples, they do have a money-back guarantee.

Never heard of that -- anything that would save calories and fat grams sounds worth a try.

Thanks.

April, What is the reason for hospitalization if you don't mind sharing. Neverless, your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

:thumbup::rolleyes::biggrin:

891 Calories total today, low fat, high Protein.

I'm doing the Shrinking Shamrocks dance (jig) once again.

So to all my friends who stub their toe once in a while, get

back up on that horse the next day!

MY APOINTMENT/HOPEFULLY - FILL WAS MOVED UP TO TODAY AT 11:10. I'M scared. I HATE NEEDLES... BUT I REALLY NEED A FILL - SO HERE GOES...

Okey Dokey, I had my fill today! I now have 3cc in a 14 cc band. The fill ws really easy - a tiny little piece of a pinch that lasted a millisecond if that. The worst part was me thinking that the poke was the end - I went to sit up and there was a needle sticking in my belly. I almost passed out - just from the sight of the needle - it was not painful at all. I can only have liquids for today and tomorrow - that's exactly what I need in order to get rid of those two pounds I have gained. I'm scheduled for another will on May 21st.

April and Cathy - how are things with your mom (April) and brother-in-law (Cathy)? I hope that all is well. I am keeping you all in my prayers.

Had my first fill this afternoon, 4 cc in an AP-L band. Dr. said it holds 12cc. so liquids for 2 days and then mushies for 2 days. looking for restriction. for lunch today i ate almost 2 cups of food :smile:

Heading to the mall for some shopping...have my nephews wedding next weekend and need something that fits..

Catch up with everyone later

:smile:

I can't believe what I ate today. I had a second fill one week ago and felt restricted for two days...today I ate scrambled eggs (1) one sausage, half bagel with cream cheese, salad, half chicken breast 2 cups of rice with chicken and 4 peices of chocalate candy. I don't feel much restriction at all!!!! why why can I eat so much...this is the FIRST time that I have had cravings.....I scheduled another fill for next friday because he said if I needed it come back. I am supposed to have 3.5 cc in a 10 cc band.....urgggg I'm so frustrated....the scales are not moving!!!!!

Hi Busy:

My mom has an infection that is common to nursing homes. This is the second time she has had one. This is pretty nasty. We actually had to have a feeding tube inserted. She is getting better and when she gets released, she will go to a different nursing home. Thank you for asking! It has been stressful as I am the one to make her medical decisions. She did agree to the feeding tube, so I am glad about that. She is alert and that sort of thing, not like she was in a coma or something like that.

I appreciate the concern by you all about my mom!

Lynn/Diva: Glad to hear your fills went well.

Hi Sharon! Just remember it is a journey and tomorow is another day. I beat myself up about it last week. Don't do that to yourself. Get up, dust yourself off and start brand new! I know you can do it. Good news about getting another fill next week. Here's hoping you get near your "sweet spot"!

I'm also REALLY looking for restriction. I go in on May 27 and I just KNOW my very conservative MD is going to tell me I can't have my first fill because I'm losing. But I'm going to argue with him. I'm fighting for every lbs I am losing and I don't think we should have to lose weight the same way we had to before we were banded. I want my band to do some of the work! From what people here are saying --- most of us won't really get any help from the band for at least a few fills.

For all looking for restriction...keep up the fight. Go back to the doctor as often as you can to get to restriction. I have had 2 fills and am at 5 cc in a 10cc band. I think I am happy with the restriction at this point. This morning I had a Protein shake and for lunch at around 3 PM I had a turkey and cheese sandwich on whole wheat. At dinner I was not really hungry, and have been drinking an Isopure to increase my Protein for the day. I am not hungry. I made brownies for my kids last night and have had no temptation to eat one.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel. Keep pushing for it. I was really discouraged last week and now I LOVE my band.

Christine

Hey Sharon,I hear you I go for my 2nd fill Tuesday.Right now I have 3cc in a 10cc band.Dr. is going to fill me to 4cc hopefully that will help.Tired of the same 2-3lbs up and down.I was a self pay and beginning to think I wasted 18g.Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr:mad2::smile::mad2:,I guess we have to have confidence we will eventually get restriction.:smile:

I so want restriction now also. I have found that no food is safe and have gained 2 lbs since last week. I am trying to make smart choices when my head hunger kicks in but that does not always happen. I have been drinking carnation/protein powder for Breakfast, a Protein Shake for lunch, and then usually 1/2 to 1/4 of my dinner. Then about 8:00 p.m. crave something sweet. I have been sticking to low fat cool whip but tonight we stopped by DQ and got a dipped cone. I'm scared by the time I get a fill I will have gained back everything I have lost!!!

Hey Sharon,I hear you I go for my 2nd fill Tuesday.Right now I have 3cc in a 10cc band.Dr. is going to fill me to 4cc hopefully that will help.Tired of the same 2-3lbs up and down.I was a self pay and beginning to think I wasted 18g.Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr:mad2::w00t::mad2:,I guess we have to have confidence we will eventually get restriction.:smile:

thanks Mylah, you're ight, its another day tomorrow!!! I'm so glad I have a doctor who just says look if its not working for you just come back!!! The APRN in the office I see had the lapband surgery himself so it's great to have him care for me as he knows the feeling. For the first three days aftewards I almost thought I was too tight...then boom on the third day I suddenly could eat a horse!!! I've been exercising so that's a good thing. Happy Mother's Day to everyone!!!

:smile:

I had a lot of gas this evening. It can't be from getting fill???

Maybe it was the new Protein Drink I tried.

Looking to get through the weekend on liquids and then mushies, again!!!!

Keeping up my walking. I have been able to do 2.5- 3 miles each time I go out. After going out tomorrow I will have made it 5 out of 7 days this week....Hope I can keep this up. Also, time to hit the gym and work on the flapping upper arms!!!!

Happy Mother's Day to all!!!! :smile: