Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Whoa! Another guy!

Don't be a stranger, Trinitydad! We need some guys in here to interrupt the incessant talk about who makes the prettiest bras and just exactly how hot George Clooney is!

Not sure if I should get another fil on Friday or not. I have 5cc in my APS band and I have lost 7 pounds in the past 2 weeks....4 of which were re-gain from previous loss b4 restriction. I can still eat more at a sitting than many I have read about, but I do have to be careful about how quickly i eat and being mindful about chewing etc. If I cancel my appt and re-schedule, I know I won't be able to get in again for another 4-6 wks. If I go and decide not to fill, they will put me in sooner....I guess I will see how this week goes.

My clothes are really getting too big finally I feel a difference. People are beginning to notice, but mostly ask if I have changed my hair. Sort of like they know something is different, but not sure what it is.

I have been having some horrible lower abdominal pain that radiates to my left buttock...I really think it's gas, but also having some TMI..........icky BM issues..... I am waiting for some results from bloodwork and ......samples....yuck.

Which reminds me I really need to find a bariatric friendly local GP. I went back to my original GP whom I left because he would not write a letter of support for the surgery. I found a great doctor, but she's in Manattan....close to my surgeon...but hours away from me. Not convienient. When I went back to my GP with GI complaints, he of course blamed the whole thing on "dumping syndroms associated with what you have chosen to have done to your stomach and intestines." Trust me I tried explaining the surgery....but he would not listen. Eventually he decided to do some tests to make sure it was not anything else.....

Really need a new doctor.

Christine

Wow, Christine....dumping syndrome? Yeah, you need to find a new doc!

Maybe your surgeon could recommend one a little more convenient.

I found my new doctor through my surgeon's office....just asked for a referral in my area. I LOVE my new GP and she's very band friendly.

I've got an appointment on Wednesday for an adjustment. After talking to the dietitian last week, we decided a little more is in order.

It is so fun when people start to notice.....huge motivator to stay on track! Congrats to you for that!

nycm0 - luckily my gp came around. she was not in favor of my choice for LP, but knew i had struggled with my weight for the 20 years I have been with her. she did send over a whole year of clinical notes on my weight loss struggle to my surgeon. Now she is in my favor and sees the results and how happy i am. her concernis that i will go off the deep end and lose too much too fast. Told her "not an issue". I have a goal and will strive for that but am not stupid.

I agree though, check with your surgeon for GP near to you and try them out. I am sure they know several that are knowledgeable and support the surgery..

I am scheduled for fill #2 today. It was originally scheduled for the 21st, but my surgeon added another surgery so the office had to change my appointment. I'm not complaining; I would want someone to change their fill date so that I could get the band. I'm just glad that it was moved up instead of further away. I seem to be stuck. I am hungry. When I'm hungry I eat. I try not to eat too much, but I'm not one of those people that can walk around hungry. My stomach has a notorious growl - its so embarrassing....

I received 3cc during my first fill. I'm hoping for at least another 3cc this time. That would put me at 6 cc in a 14 cc band. I hope this offers a lot more restriction that I have now. I'm getting a little desperate - I am 2 months (on the 24th) post op and I am only down 1 lbs - heck I lost those 18 lb within the first two - three weeks post op. Since then I've been struggling to maintain. I'm glad that I am not gaining - boy am I happy about that - I just want to lose more.

My goal was/is to be 180 by June 13th. That may not be possible at this point. If I lose 2lb a week from now to then that would put me at 288 lb. I guess that will have to do. I'm going to have to buckle down - really monitor what goes into my mouth so that I can drop those 8 lbs by June 13th. Then I'll start working towards my July 4th goal - originally I wanted to be 270 lb by then. I'll settle for 278 lb. I'm putting this in writing here because I need some accountability to someone other than myself. No one (except my immediate family knows about my band) so there's no one to push me to try harder (and no one to monitor every morsel of food I eat or whisper about me doing this the easy way - which is why I have chosen to keep this to myself). There are a few people here who have had the band - the conversation that some people have about them is ridiculous. I just don't choose to open myself up to that kind on intense scrutiny and ridicule - I feel like a gay woman whose afraid to come out of the closet - but then again I guess not - I have no idea what that kind of pain feels like and I don't want to compare my petty problems to that.

Anyway.... If you guys don't see my ticker going down soon - BLAST ME!! Since that's the last thing I want to see here I will be doing my best to make that dag gone scale move!

NSV - I have officially left size 4x behind. I had a peasant blouse that I waited all winter to wear. I put that gorgeous thing on and I was swimming in it!!!! My coworker - who is losing weight, gave me a brand new linen peasant shirt that she is now too small to wear (size 3x) it fit perfectly. WHOOO HOOO!!!! That’s right - I'm celebrating being a size 3x. Do the happy dance, do happy dance - spin it around and shake your body down - doing the happy dance!

Diva, congrats on your smaller size, it feels great doesn't it. Keep up the good work and I know your scale will start moving soon. Remember inches are just as good as the pounds moving downward. :confused_smile:

I go for my 2nd fill today, I'm really needing more restriction and hope this one will do the trick for awhile. I'm really getting hungry much sooner than I was and I want to get the full sensation back that I had right after surgery. Doctor says that is what we're striving for, so we'll see. I was out of town the last 4 days on a short weekend trip to Branson and found myself over-indulging but the band kept me in-check which is a good thing, but I know that I need more restriction, so tonite I'll be back on Clear liquids for 24 hours then onto creamies for another 24 hours so hope this will give me a little boost in the weight loss. I did manage to lose another 1.8 lbs this week even after my 4 day weekend splurge.

Hi Diva, Congrats on your NSV. I too was very happy when I was able to fit into smaller clothes. I thought that I was going to cry in the dressing room, because I was now able to buy clothes in a store that I could not fit into anything before. :confused_smile: I think that we all need to Celebrate the little goals and not just focus on the end the result. :thumbs_up: Keep up the great work.

We need some guys in here to interrupt the incessant talk about who makes the prettiest bras and just exactly how hot George Clooney is!

Please, Fenton! You know the conversation about George Clooney is way more important than bras! :(

Christine--

Dumping syndrome!???? Oh Brother!!! Tell your GP to try picking up a medical journal once in a while!!! Sounds like he needs to cross the bridge to the 21rst century!!!!

Well --- I finally got truly desperate this AM and actually went so far as to commit to a serious exercise program. For me -- that is REALLY going beyond the pale but I have decided that if I don't get the lead out then I'm not going to get much further. The pre and post surg. weight loss was good but I have lost and gained the same lb for the last 4 weeks. I have been getting SOME good walking in but only about 2 times a week. I went to a local gym this AM and turned myself over to a them bag and baggage. I have my first appointment with the personal trainer tomorrow AM. EXERCISE!?? ME!??? 8:15 AM???!!! Will wonders NEVER cease!!

Greetings!

Wow, it is good to be back. Life is much less hectic now! My mom is out of the hospital, work has settled down and other issues have resolved. Why oh why does everything happen at once?

It is good to be back and see others say what is going on in my head. For everyone that is loosing, congrats! For anyone else, like me, who is not, hang in there! I have another fill coming in about a week. I am thrilled! Right now I can eat WAY too much. It is odd what I can't eat! I tried to eat a french fry the other day, OMG! I think I didn't chew it enough, but goodness, I won't be doing that again.

I agree with the Protein thing. We need a lot more Protein based on our size. I can tell when I don't get enough, I feel sort of weak.

Well, I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Christine, that MD is a (f-word idiot)! If he doesn't understand the lap band, what else doesn't he understand? Is he up to date on blood pressure management? Does he understand how to care for a diabetic?

You don't want him for a doctor. Get out ASAP. Do you know any bandsters in your area? Why not post in the NY State local bandster forum? Maybe someone near you would know a bariatric-friendly GP.

But seriously, drop the zero, and get with uh ANYONE ELSE!

OK, Diva! Let's see how you do this week - check in a week today! We demand to see at least 2 lbs weight loss... OR ELSE!

Fenton- have you gone shopping yet or are you ready to walk out of your pants?

Christine- yep it's time for a new Dr.

Rugman- way to go! I love working with a trainer. I wouldn't do anything in a gym without one. I never remember how the machines work.

Enjoy life- consider yourself blasted.

trinitydad- we are band buddies, both banded on the 4th.

As for me THE FREAKING scale IS GOING DOWN. :thumbup:I can't believe this. I think the fill is finally hitting me a full 17 days later. Go figure.

Hello, fellow March Bandsters! I haven't been posting here for a while, but I do love to check in here often to see what everyone is up to, going through and how you're all doing...oh and to laugh at your witty posts!:thumbup:

I've just recently received my first fill (May 14th to be exact). I have a 14cc band and received 3cc fill. So far, I seem to have pretty good restriction.:biggrin2: I delayed getting a fill at 5 weeks because I was still feeling restriction from the operation. Since my operation, I seem to be a week behind most bandsters and as if on cue, at 6 weeks I turned the corner and was starving... I tried to get in for a fill but they couldn't get me in for another 3 1/2 weeks! Yikes, I was starving the entire time and struggled to lose 3 lbs in 3 1/2 weeks.:thumbup: Since my fill, I'm happy to report that I've lost 5 lbs! Restriction Rocks!:scared2: I am a little worried that I'll lose restriction before my next appointment... but I've received reassurance and encouragement from my wonderful "filler, Phil" and from my friend, Chica, who have both given me strict instructions to be a little more forceful when calling for an appoitment. Grrr... :(

Anyway, I just wanted to tell everyone that I do check in here often and love to read all your posts and I'm so happy for all of us. Even with the good and the bad experiences, I still believe in the band and I just know we're all going to be extremely successful! :biggrin2:

Oh and by the way, Fenton, I HEART George Clooney, but I might actually HEART John Cusack more... so there, Chica!:thumbup:

Amanda! Congratulations on your loss! I'm glad that that bumpy period seems to have ended...

You'll be pleased to hear that I went to the cobbler's, and he added another 6" of holes - the belt continues on, the pants are held aloft! See how they billow and snap in the breeze!

Nice to see you, Lattedah, and your kind of odd-lookin' cat (I think he thinks he knows something I don't). I"m happy to hear that some of us are actually hitting their stride, restriction-wise. I've been lucky, as I have decent restriction, and am still unfilled. But I think many people's doctors seem to be just about getting them to their sweet spot.

May we continue to lose with increasing effortlessness!