Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

I went for my 2nd fill last Tuesday. I do feel a restriction this time. All seems to be going well. I had lost 43 lbs. at the time of my fill. We all have to remember that we chose the lap band to lose our weight slower than having the gastric bypass. Even I have to step back and realize that I'm losing weight, maybe not as fast as I want to, but I'm losing and not gaining. Even if I'm not losing every day, I'm still not gaining any weight. That's the miracle of the lap band. I love my lap band.

Diva, hope you are doing OK after your accident and I would think seriously about getting a small unfil....sounds like you are struggling.

I had another fill ysterday. I now have 6cc in my 10cc band. I learned that stress, and congestion can make your band tighter as well as your period. Looking back over the past 3 weeks since my last fill...this makes sense. She also said that some people find tighter restriction after air travel....usually if there is an air bubble in the band.

Down another 2 pounds, so that puts me at the 2-3 pounds a week mark, which is where I woudl like to be. I can still eat whatever I want, just smaller controlled portions, without that need to feed feeling.

Christine

Well, I guess my second adjustment is providing some restriction.

Sat down to some baby carrots and hummus last night.....holy moly, I guess I didn't chew one up enough because it hurt like CRAZY.....didn't come up, but sure felt the prickly golf ball feeling in my chest....had to get up and stretch and walk around to get it to go away......lesson learned.....

Hope everyone has a nice holiday weekend!

No big plans here.....but four days off with nothing to do sounds glorious to me!

Hi all.

Diva sorry about the accident.

In talking with other bandsters I have found that stress has an effect on the tightness of the band. In some when they are nervous or stressed food just doesn't pass as well. Then when the food gets stuck they get more stressed, then tighter. Its a wicked cycle. So words of wisdom- RELAX and go back to liquids for a day.

I don't remember who was looking into the Rebounder, but I asked my trainer about them and he said it is a good tool and excellent for overweight folks to gently jog on, easier on the joints. Most don't last long, a year, because of the cheaper construction. But good ones($$$) will last for a while and can be a challenging workout. Just stay to the center. He said all exercise is good exercise.

Speaking of which me trainer worked my arms/shoulders so much yesterday I think it was his way to keep me from lifting the fork all weekend at the various BBQ's I'm headed to.

Hope everyone has a super fantastic weekend!!

Ack! I have to work Sunday and Monday!

Christine, that's EXACTLY the degree of restriction I want. I have yet to have a fill, and am doing well with my band empty. I think I have a degree of restriction - I rarely feel hungry, and am taking in about 1500 or so calories a day - but I can eat anything I want. Steak, lobster etc. Last night, I skimped during the day so I could have my favourite dish in the world right now: five-spiced duck breast with basmati rice and roasted plum and a hoisin sauce, at a fancy restaurant. I worked hard this week, and I deserved it. And I LOVED it.

And, like Shoop, I love my lapband too.

Although I don't know how I'll feel about it when I'm gagging on carrots like Harley. That's actually a REAL incentive for me to hold off on a fill for as long as possible.

Still, with another 200 pounds to go, I'd say there'll be a fill in my future...

Amanda! Classy, centered post!

My arms are a little sore - I did my dumbell workout while watching THE Soup.

Me again: and I'm a bit sorry to be posting this to anyone who's feeling stuck at the moment, but your being stuck is temporary, and my SV is permanent!

Today, I weighed in, and for the first time in years, I'm under 400 pounds. 400's, goodbye FOREVER!!!

Only 7 1/2 more pounds, and I'll be Super Obese no more! HELLO MORBID OBESITY!

HOORAY, HOORAY, HOORAY for a new first number!

Never be sorry about posting a VICTORY.....it is encouragement for all of us!

I'm thrilled for you, Fenton.......isn't it a marvelous feeling!?!

Congratulations, Fenton! That's an awesome SV!!! :D I'm thrilled for you, and that you're doing it with an empty band is amazing to me!

Hello everyone! I am glad to see so much success in our group! I went for my second fill Wednesday and boy am I tight now. I have been trying to advance but cant seem to get anything but liquids or cream Soups to stay down. It is a little discouraging but since I am able to get enough nutrition at this point I think I will hang on another week or so to see if things loosen up a bit. I hate the thought of having to go in for an unfill. I am at 4cc in a 14cc band. I am very satisfied with my weight loss so far. The past week seems to have made a huge difference as everyone at work is noticing my change in shape. For my 50 pound mark I had my nails done and got a new hairdo! I also splurged and bought two outfits, I have gone from a size 30 to 22. Yippee!!! Thanks for your support, I don't post much but enjoy reading all of yours!:D

Argh, I feel so far behind most of you! I've been stuck at 25 lbs lost for weeks now. I've had 2 fills, now at 5 cc in a 10 cc band. Other than a few things not going down well on the first few bites, I don't feel much restriction. I think I've been expecting the band to "stop" me from eating too much, and it just isn't doing that. I know I'm eating a lot less than before surgery, but the scale sure isn't showing that. Oh well, I'll have another fill next month and maybe that'll do the trick.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable Memorial Day Weekend. I am just enjoying the time to relax and enjoy the great weather, finally :D

I ate something bad...too much greasey, fried food. I did not eat all that much but the grease on it made me so nauseaous!!!!! I did not get sick, but felt lousy. So now all I need to do is remember not to do that again :thumbup:

No big plands for the rest of the weekend, just hang around at the swim club and enjoy the sunshine...then back to work on tuesday!!!

Have a great Memorial Day everyone

Hi Everyone

Fenton,thats so great,you should be soooooooooooo proud of yourself and without a fill.:thumbup:Michelle I hear you I'm in the same boat stuck at 25lbs 2fills and little restriction.Going for 3rd fill thursday trying to be patient but it it is difficult.Anyway congrats to all you lucky losers,hoping to join you soon.

Pat

Y'know, I'm beginning to believe that the big difference between losing quickly and losing slowly is exercise. I know that various studies have shown that exercise is more effective for weight loss than just dieting. And, since exercise builds muscle, it has an even greater effect on continued weight loss...

Fenton--

You have hit a really important benchmark. Good for you!!!! I know what you mean about it feeling really good not to belong to a certain class of obesity anymore. It's a really good feeling and a nice way for us to mark our weight loss.

Have a safe and happy weekend everyone.