Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Bratz, I have been having a horrible problem with bloating, abdominal pain and weird GI stuff. My surgeon has told me she thinks it sounds a lot like Irritable Bowl Syndrome. I did not have these issues b4 band, but know it was not caused by the band. I went to my GP and he is a total dweeb and I need to find a new one. In the mean time I am just tolerating it and trying to control stress better since that makes the problem worse.

Hope you feel better soon. You really should see your doctor.

Christine

thanks for the replies.

First I came down with pneumonia, and have been sick since. My question is, "is the anesthetics still in me and causing my immune system to crash?". I do have an appointment today with my PCP. just a note; I have been following all the rules of the lap band, so I do believe that I am getting all my nutrition, Proteins...etc.

In regards to the band:

I am starting to like my band, not quite in love with my band yet. I have been getting regular fills. I have had three fills and am currently at 6.6 cc in a 14 cc band. I don't even think about having it anymore. I use to feel for my port everyday, and I don't do that anymore. I eat "normal", how weird is that? I have lost about 38 pounds including pre-op diet. Thanks to all the reading of the support that is given on this site has helped me tremendously because I originally thought this wasn't going to work for me and I would be that one person that it did not work for. I am using my band a tool not the solution. thanks again.

I am so proud of everybody and have missed all of you. I have had two fills and I am doing pretty good wish I had lost more weight but I am pretty happy overall with my results. Thnks for all the support

I am so proud of everybody and have missed all of you. I have had two fills and I am doing pretty good wish I had lost more weight but I am pretty happy overall with my results. Thnks for all the support

Pretty happy?

You should be slap happy.....fantastic progress and look at the drop in your BMI.....under 200.....FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC!

up date. went to see my PCP. I have bronchial pneumonia, again! this sucks major. They want me to take a few days off of work. funny how my PCP is my supervisor....lol. since I need to come to work because I can't take anymore time off from all the absences from surgery and being sick, hmmmmmmmmmm, how can I pull that one off....lol

Bratz, you're going to have to figure out a way to do it. If you can just get Thursday and Friday off, you'll have a four day stretch with the weekend. Rest up and get better.

And! "Following the rules of the Band" might not be enough. Are you keeping a food diary? I think it would be worth it to journal the food you're taking in, your Protein consumption, your calorie consumption etc for a few days - you might be surprised...

Christine, are you taking a Fiber supplement like Benefiber or the generic equivalent? That would help with IBS or various post-banding irregularities...

Sharon! Nice work! More than a third of the way to goal, not that much more to go...

Can I talk about my pants? I am so excited to tell you that those pants that I wore to the playground with my kids before surgery (the one's that would not even come close to closing) are now buttoned and zipped and comfey! I am so excited for myself!

I have a few pairs of pants to give to good will they look rediculous on me....flapping in the breeze as I walk.

Fenton, I don't take a fiber supplement...I have no troubl going, it's the occasional opposite problem, and tons of gas. Hoping it'll just go away!

Bratz, sorry to hear about hepneumonia. Feel better soon.

Christine

NSV with the pants, truly a great feeling.

My pile of clothes for Good Will is growing. I am buying a few new shirts when on sale.. otherwise i look like i am wearing a sack. I am exstatic.. Congrats to all who are showing both NSV and SV

Last night i did a short workout at the YMCA. treadmill and recumbant bicycle... boy did I sweat... but felt absolutely great. Tomorrow I meet with the wellness coach and try to get an exercise routine set up. Gotta work on the flapping arms!!!

WOO HOO on the pants!

It is such a good feeling not dreading going in to the dressing room.....and being able to find something of the rack in the regular section!

I broke down and bought a couple of pairs of cheap jeans....mine were looking pretty crappy....fortunately, we went to the outlet and got two pairs for $30....so not bad, even if they don't last very long!

NSV for me.Down to a size 2x and had to move the car seat up 2 notches behind the steering wheel.had my 3rd fill today and is the first time since I started this process that I slimmed or I think I did.Had mushy salmon very watery had 3 bites and felt oh I'm going to p.....I didin't but my mouth filled with saliva and I felt very nausated.All I could think was yaeh restriction at last.I,m afraid to get to excited, we will see how the next few days go. My dr. say's soft food and mushies are ok on fill day and back to normal the next.Amazing how they all differ.:lol:

Mylah, I have to say that, at the thought of mushy salmon, very watery, I threw up in my mouth a little bit...