Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Thanks, all. It feels good. I just wish I didn't have to go through, like, EIGHT more stages of obesity until I reach the level of Normos...

To use Jack's expression.

(Also a term familiar from 2000AD, my favourite British comic book.)

Long time, no post! Toldya I wasn't much of a poster, didn't I? But I promise, I read every day and have been keeping up with everyone's progress. We are all doing so well! Even if you think you're 'stuck', you have to know it's only temporary! GO US!

I am getting ready to switch Drs, because mine is a major A-Hole. I'm sorry, but that's the nicest way I know how to put it. Really. He totally is. I don't even know if I feel like going in to all the details, but suffice it to say that at the least, A. He won't tell me what size band he put inside my body (!), and B. He won't share fill volume with me. Now, I am self-pay- to the tune of almost 20K, and I'm pretty sure I deserve to know these things! I know that legally he has to tell me, and all that, but I've decided I'm not going to fight it on those grounds because aside from these things he is still a Jerk, and I don't care to have him in my life! He is an excellent surgeon (Center of Excellence, Allergan Proctor, etc.) , but now that I'm in 'aftercare', I'm ready to go to someone who has a better bedside manner and is more understanding. And I have found her, so all is well. By the way, I did find out my band size, and current fill level- from one of his employees, but it's the principle of the issue- that he refuses to tell me himself- that really does it for me.

I was banded 3/26 and have had one fill (2.5 cc in a 10cc AP band) two weeks ago. I find myself not very restricted, until it comes to bread, or sometimes chicken. Then I know just where I stand. I am having to be careful with everything I put in my mouth these days in order to still see the scales drop, if even a little. I can't wait to get started with my new Dr. so I can get fills as often as I need them. (Current Doc only does them on his schedule- every 6 weeks...pfft!) I am also dealing with another obstacle- I am being treated for TMJ by an orthodontist. I am currently in metal bands with rubber bands on 4 molars, soon to be 8 molars, and soon after that to be full braces, probably in the fall. So I've had some sore mouth problems already and anticipate it getting (much) worse before it gets better. When your mouth is so sore you can only eat mushies, what can you do but eat mushies? So I've got to get creative in the coming months and try not to sabotage myself in the name of orthodontia.

One thing I wanted to mention was, HEY FENTON! I got my Wii Fit Wednesday morning as soon as it hit the shelves at Target, and guess what? There is a snowboarding game on there! It's one of the ones you have to unlock, and we just got that far tonight...it's under "balance games". Thought you'd be interested to know that (see, I do read, even if I don't post much!) Overall, I have to give the Wii Fit a :) for sure. That Hula Hoop game gets my heart pumping!

Woah, I just realized how long this message is...I'll shut up now! Everyone have an excellent holiday weekend!

Either I need an unfill, or I don't like restriction at all. I can only eat one meal per day. I can drink Protein, but eating is tricky. Its like my acid reflux has come back with a vengence. Spicy food is intolerable, but I love spicy food. I usually remember to chew, chew, and then chew some more. Some things go down with no problem and then others seem to sit in my throat burning. The scales have moved, but I'm afraid to eat around anyone because I have no idea how my body will react. I guess it just takes some getting used to. I'm giving myself until June 6th. I have to take that day off from work anyway, so if am not handling this any better by then, I will be getting an unfill. Whodda thunk that 5cc in a 14 cc band would be this much of a butt kicker?

Thanks to everyone for your well wishes. I have whiplash and quite a bit of pain - but I also got three prescriptions to deal with the pain - I thought that was a bit much (vicodin, flexral, and ibuprophen). I have only gone walking once since the accident and have not played any Wii games (I don't have my fit board yet, though I did put a deposit on one at Toys R Us). Well at least the scale has moved anyway.

Enjoy the last day of your long weekend!

Edited by enjoylife

Something to make you smile today.......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhSG_Q8tKYY]YouTube - Mika - Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)[/ame]

CONGRATULATIONS FENTON and JULIEC !!!!!!!!

Please never feel bad about posting any type of victory! I love to read about them. It gives me motivation and strength to know someone else with the band is succeeding. I am really impressed with your loss! I can only imgine how you must feel.

I am approaching 250 and I have not been there in about 6 yrs.

Excersize is key. I have added a floor routine that I do while watching TV after the kids have gone to bed. Can't do it while they are awake....because then I become the jungle gym. Now while they are playing at the playground I am circling it....getting in some walking instead of just sitting and watching. It is so much easier to move now that I am down 35 pounds. My feet are not swollen at the end of the day and I just feel lighter.

Christine

stellabella--good for you for losing that LOSER!!

enjoylife -- I was sitting here feeling sorry for myself because I'm suffering from complications from a root canal this week! You're difficulties provided me with an attitude adjustment!

Christine---That's great! It feels REALLY good.

So far -- I'm still not losing weight but I have say that I made a really important discovery yesterday. I'm losing inches. I started with tight fitting size 18 jeans. Recently I moved to a size 14. Yesterday I decided to pull a joke on a friend who wears a size 12. She has been supportive but also a bit worried about herself because she is gaining weight. To be funny - I tried on her jeans. I expected that I'd get them up to my hips and stop but --- lo and behold---they fit!!! I actually zipped them up!! They were too snug but they FIT!! So then I tried on some of my other smaller clothes that I KNOW didn't fit me 2-3 weeks ago. They FIT!!! So --for those of you who are not losing weight ---try on some clothes. I'm taking Fenton's belt lead. I got a man's belt and have been marking it off even though I'm not losing weight. I'm down 4 holes.

Et tu, Stella? One of the things I love about Christine is that SHE doesn't have a damn Wii Fit!

That MD's behaviour is outrageous! WTF does he think he IS?? And that you paid for it yourself makes it even more outrageous. If I were you, I'd share my opinions about that jerk in the appropriate forum on this board; just let people know what they can expect if they go to him. Really, someone needs a serious ass-kicking.

Diva, I'm sorry to hear you're still a bit stiff - that'll ease with time.

(And I'd like everyone to note how gracious I was with the Diva, who'll be waving her Wii in my face any day now...)

(That doesn't sound quite Kosher, but you know what I mean!)

Anyway, yes, it sounds like you've got too much of the restriction for which everyone is clamouring. The conventional wisdom seems to be to wait a little, see if things ease as you lose, but I agree with you: this process shouldn't be such a hardship.

And PENNY! Congrats on a great NSV! That's the way it should be working...

I'm actually trying to ease up a bit today exercise-wise - I've been feeling a bit of hip pain, so I'm going to slow down for a few days before I wear these bad boys out...

But I've started doing yoga again, which feels really good. Perhaps tonight I'll do the longer program, which I haven't done for a while.

I hope you're all having fun out there. Who's our barbecue fiend with the Sabotaging Sister? I hope she's having a special little treat today...

Something to make you smile today.......

YouTube - Mika - Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)

alright Harley lets hear it for big girls!!!! there are some people who love us just the way we are!! My daughter used to say when she was little "your not fat mommy your just fluffy" always remembered that. Now she's expecting her first child!!

Anyway...still struggling to not eat more. I have 5cc in my 10 cc band and have some restriction but not enough. I'll wait it out the month this time before going back so I can work on just eating better.

I agree with Fenton that doctor is a total jerk. I would post him name all over the placde in the insurance place, the state place and anywhere else you can put it....There are wonderful compassionate doctors out there who really believe in bariatrics and work collaboratively with you which is what it should be all about. I'm so lucky to have a great practice to work with.

Happy holiday everyone!! I must say I showed much constraint this weekend having ice cream twice but really limiting my intake at the meals. First memorial day ever that i've done that.

sharon;)

Ha harley! I have that song in my ipod and it's one of my favorite ones to work out to! Do you know that Mika was commissioned by the Butterfly club ( I think that is the name) and the used this for advertisement. Love it!!

Fenton, I didn't think I'd be talking much about my Wii Fit board because I have been researching the local gyms to decide which one to join. Well I have decided to not join any. I would need one that offers supervised child care and the only one that does that is way too expensive and only has child care on certain days and times. So... it looks like I will be going to pick up my Fit board some time this week. In addition, I may be ordering a Body Bugg. www.24hourfitness.com has them on sale for $199 and the wrist monitor is on sale for $74. I don't know how long the sale will last. Maybe it will get even cheaper (it really is over priced) but technology usually does the longer it stays on the market.

That's it for now. lunch was cool. I think I ate too much and am now just waiting for it to go down. This may take a while...

Hello, I haven't posted in while, but I do read everyday. I love reading all the post from everyone. there seems to be a bond going on in here...

I have a whooo. I have had the band for two months and on week. I have been sick with a bad flue bug since. I can't seem to shake it. I am beginning to wonder if I am sick because of the band or if it is just a bug that takes time to get rid of. I am normally healthy and only catches a cold maybe once a year, and NOW I have had this sickness for two months and one week. I was just wondering if anyone out there has been sick more, or more often since being banded?

I have not been sick more often. However, if you have been sick for exactly as long as you have had the band (or am i reading that wrong?) then you may want to see your pcp and do some research to determine if other patients leaving your hosipital are also sick.

actually I have been sick since three weeks after surgery. The first three weeks went very well, there was a little depression, otherwise went very well.