Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Oh Diva...sorry to hear about the accident....I would certainly give the doc a call...about that and how you're feeling.

Maybe you're a little too tight?

Hope you're not sore from the crash today....sending you good thoughts.

Diva sorry to hear about your accident, hope you're feeling better today.

I had my 2nd fill on Monday and I can definitely tell that I have restriction now as I'm not able to eat much without getting full really fast, but at least my food is staying down. I'm hoping my restriction lasts for awhile, I'd like to think I'm at my sweet spot, but I doubt that I really am, time will tell. Diva, if you're unhappy with the amount of food that you're eating and not being able to keep it down, it sounds like you might need a slight unfill, I'd definitely tell your doctor about that also.

Gosh! Some days it just sucks to be a diva!

Sorry to hear about your accident; I think it's extremely unlikely that it affected your band. Which, after all, in addition to being fairly solidly built, is pretty well-insulated right now!

But it won't be for long, given what sounds like a very high level of restriction. It does sound like a bit much, doesn't it? I hope you can get it sorted out pronto, because that doesn't sound at all fun.

Hi Everyone!

Bummer for all of us slow loosers. I can tell you that with me getting more Protein, things have been going much smoother. I eat 3-4 ounces of Protein and then some veggies or something like that. Then I wait and see if I am really hungry for more. So far, I haven't eaten any more.

Diva! Poor thing, you sure have had a rough week or so. I doubt your band was affected by the wreck, but I would mention to the doctor you should see. I would see one to get checked out even if you don't feel bad. It never hurts to be sure.

Well.... I'm off to eat dinner with some friends. I'm going to focus on the protein first. I'm hoping I do well in that Italian restaurant. (YIKES!) I'm picking the place next time!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

I have not been checking in with and on all of you lately - tried to read back a few pages - it seems that we are all losing weight - thank God Diva is allright and boy there is always so many things going on - here tonight the scanner has the police trying to get 2 cows out of the road and find their owner... ahh living in the country - the parents and auntie always needing to go/be somewhere (all in their 80's) - they are all thrilled I have a long weekend coming up AHHHH - life - but I am lucky to still have them.

anyhoo - Fenton/Jonathan I got your book - hope to start reading it this weekend. I ordered it Amazon.com because my visits to the local Borders and B&N did not have it and it cost me a few $$$$ just stopping in those stores. I have no self restraint (sounds like my old eating habits).

My Wii fit board arrived today and it is all set up and it is a scale too and it calculated my BMI and it gave me a Wii fit age of 65 - darn but I am only 56...... so I have my work cut out for me. I did do some balance exercises for 20 minutes - a step version of DDR and some hula hooping - it was fun and I was sweating. I was going to try a little yoga but I had to sit and pay my bills and check in with you all and I now have to get ready for the season finale of Greys Anatomy.

Bye - have a great weekend!

Hi guy's

I have been MIA too! I wanted to check in on everyone. I am doing well. I have had one fill. I am not in a hurry for another, I feel great and I am loosing 2-3 pounds every week. I was banded on the 5th of March and have lost about 42pounds.

Keep up the good work friends.

M

Sue, I worship any 56 year old woman who knows what "DDR" is! Heck, I'd worship 40 year olds who knew it! I'm extremely jealous of your Wii Fit. I hope to get one, but so far I haven't even been able to find a Wii! Also, the boards have a weight limit of 330 lbs, which excludes me - for the time being. I hope you enjoy the book - I should warn you it's pretty intense. Or maybe I already did...

Glad to hear you're losing, hope and Mari. And hope, in NYC, my surgeon (who's banded, himself) leads expeditions to area restaurants every few months, to teach bandsters how to order. Last month: an Italian restaurant.

Hey Fenton

That's great a surgeon who can help with ordering from menu's. If you go out with him would you give us some notes on how this is done the right way?i'm still waiting for restriction so I will take all the advice I can.I wish I was losing as well as you:thumbup:.Tired of yo-yoing the same few lbs.:confused2:

Yes, I'd love to hear about your restaurant adventure! What a GREAT idea!

When I was at the doctor last week she was talking about a bike tour they are thinking about doing with patients.....that sounded kind of cool, too.

I've decided my body is beyond weird......just bitching about the two pound gain and today I'm down three....I'm sure it's from the liquid diet after the fill....but it felt good. I am getting so close to being under 200.....haven't been there for a long time! Maybe next week?

Have four days off from work.....whatever shall I do with myself? It would be wonderful if it wasn't RAINING......but hey, at least it's not snow.....

Hi Everyone!

Harley - How awesome to be close to under 200. I am pea green with envy!

Italian dinner - I actually did what I consider pretty well. I ordered penne Pasta with broccoli and chicken. I basically ate the chicken and broccoli. I can always use any additional tips. I did take a bite of a ball of sherbert covered in white chocolate. I was proud I took only a bite!

Next time we are going to a more diet friendly restaurant. I suppose I could have ordered a salad, but that seemed kind of lame.

Fenton - please feel free to share tips if you go on those trips with your doctor. Your doctor sounds pretty cool by the way. My doc is awesome, but in obviously good shape!

Well, a darn trojan got into my personal computer, so I may be away from the board for a little. (I'm really hoping I have it resolved and will be on tonight!) In any event, have a wonderful, active weekend!

I should admit that I haven't actually BEEN on one his restaurant outings! I'm just posting it to emphasize that there are few restaurants you can't eat in as a bandster. And hope's experience just goes to show that.

I particularly like that she had a bite of dessert: this way of life ISN'T about privation, it's about eating right. And a bite of sherbet with a little white chocolate sounds like a mighty right finish to a healthy meal!

I just got my Wii Board as well. So far I love it. It is so much fun. I never thought that 30 min on the Wii Board would go so fast. I like the fact that I can exerice in my home and have FUN!!! I like the fact that it is also a scale, so now I do not have go buy one. I am looking forward to being able to accomplish more and more every day.

I have been MIA for a few weeks. Needed to catch up on everyone.

As for me I am doing pretty well. Had my second fill on Monday and do feel a bit more restricted then the first time. Really having to watch myself. Have not had to PB yet.

I have lost 56 pounds:thumbup: as of Monday. Down 2 sizes, and people are starting to notice:thumbup:! Shopping in my closet is a great thing. Have more energy then I have had in years.

Going to Florida in 2 weeks to see my sister. I use to get really, really nervous about getting on the plane by myself, but not this time. Guess my self-esteem is getting better as well.

Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable holiday weekend,:cursing:

Donna

Congrats on your success...I'm down 47 lbs since banding 3/4/08...had my first fill of 6cc's last week...don't feel the restriction I want...scheduled for 6/12 for 2nd fill. Wishing you continued success!!