Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Well, we're having quite a flurry of bandings, aren't we now? Tomorrow I'll be beaming soothing vibes of hippy peace to El Paso and wherever the heck Harley's getting her band, and generally radiating positivity all over this great land to Shamrocks banded and yet to embrace the holy mantle...

Well, we're having quite a flurry of bandings, aren't we now? Tomorrow I'll be beaming soothing vibes of hippy peace to El Paso and wherever the heck Harley's getting her band, and generally radiating positivity all over this great land to Shamrocks banded and yet to embrace the holy mantle...

Thanks Fenton!

Harley (whose real name is Paige) is being banded in SLC. Utah!!

Just home from my delicious massage.....took a nice hot shower with the yucky smelling antiseptic soap the doc gave me....and now I'm ready to settle in for the night! 4am is gonna come early!

Thanks for the good thoughts and I'll check in when I can!!

Grr! I just lost a long post, and now feel compelled to reconstruct it!

I moved towards mashed foods today, encouraged by my doctor. I'm still going to try to stay with liquids, but damn I hate these Slimfast Optima shakes!

I'm also realizing that I'm not a morning eater - I don't have anything even remotely resembling an appetite much before noon. Which is sad, because Breakfast has always been my favorite meal of the day.

As I stay, I started mashed foods today, but I thnk I went more solid than I'd been intending...

1. Half tom yam goong Soup - including two shrimp! - 90 cal 5 g Protein?

2. Half Slimfast Optima French vanilla - 90 cal, 5 g

3. Some pomegranate-raspberry juice - 50 cal 0 g Protein

4. Trader Joe's corn and crab chowder - 200 cal 10 g protein

Then I was worried about my poor protein intake, and went pretty solid:

5. Half cup Trader Joe's Carnitas with some southwestern salsa - 200 cal 20 g protein

And to finish:

6. Half cup of pear sauce with some gorgonzola dolce - 200 cals 4 g protein

Disappointed that GNC was closed when I went by to pick up some iSopure; I won't make that mistake again.

Have fun tomorrow, uh, Paige!

I'm so used to calling you Harley that I'm not sure that I can switch...

Tamara...

Sorry you are having such a hard time. I have bought adult liquid Tylenol. It is found with the other adult Tylenol and looks like a Nyquil bottle. Maybe that will help with your pain. I had horrible shoulder/neck pain after all of my c-sections and they said it was from gas. It's the biggest thing I am leary about the surgery.

Hope you are feeling better soon!

Christine

Best of luck today Harley!

Fenton, how did the shrimp go down? That is pretty solid and I was told we may have trouble with shell-fish. You must be so glad to move on to mushies, but there is so much more high calorie temptation.

Christine

Best wishes and lots of love Harley.........looking forward to hearing from you from the other side....................Kathy

Good morning everyone, well I made it through Day 1 liquids only yesterday without too much pain. Not bad considering that I did not come to work prepared to do liquids just yet, but after receiving the call from my surgeon's office moving my surgery up to tomorrow instead of Friday, I did not have much choice. Thankfully, when they called about 11:00am yesterday I had not eaten anything other than a cup of non-fat yogurt and a cup of hot tea, lol. Anyway, now on day 2 liquids only and I came prepared today with Protein Drink and popsickles, hehehe!! I'm getting more and more nervous the closer it gets, my surgery is at 11:00 tomorrow but have to be at hospital at 8:45. Not sure if I'll be spending the nite there or not, I've pretty much been given that option so I'll see how I feel and what doc thinks before I make my decision on that. My DH is going to go to store today for liquid tylenol and gas-x strips, hehaw!! Well, I'll keep you all posted, keep sending prayers and luck my way.

Hi Shamrocks! Just a quick post to introduce myself. I was just given a surgery date yesterday and it's all happening next Wednesday, 3/26. I am so excited and nervous at the same time! I've never been sedated, so I'm a little apprehensive about that- I just feel like as long as I wake up, the rest will be a piece of cake. I've had two c-sections and recovered quickly from them, so I don't think this will be so bad. I'm just nervous about letting them knock me out. I'm going to ask for 'something to take the edge off' beforehand and maybe then I won't care that they're knocking me out.

I tend to be more of a lurker on message boards, so you may not hear from me on a regular basis, but I've been here, reading post after post after post since about the end of January. I will try to share my experiences and say hello every now and then, though. It has been great to hear what everyone else is going through; I really appreciate the detail some of you are sharing with the rest of us! It really helps when you're still on the "unbanded" side of this whole affair.

Good luck to everyone still waiting for surgery, and happy healing to those already on the other side!

Hey guys, my surgery is tomorrow in Parkersburg, WV. (hooterville) So, Fenton if you could beam some of your hippie vibes that way too(lol). My surgeon is new at this (he's been a surgeon for years but new to lap band procedures) so needless to say, I'm already on the valium. It's been an emotional couple of days but i'm committed to doing this. Please,please,please let his hands be steady.......:shades_smile:

I'm new to this and thought I was pretty comp savvy, but I can't get the pic that I uploaded to my profile to show up on my avatar??? ( I think that's the word for it)