Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Here I am! I went to the plastic surgeon today, Haydee.

Ok, first of all he was an awesome doctor. Rated one of the country's best plastic surgeons...so I have total confidence in him AND he was extremely nice and easy to talk to. Fancy-schmancy offices right in the heart of the Texas Medical Center. He said that my skin is aging prematurely :( and that yes, I probably should get some work done. (It's because I hit menopause SO early...at like 45. I never go out in the sun and I take very good care of my skin.) He gave me 3 options:

Option I: A full face lift (yep! that's what I figured), brow lift (which is a separate procedure) and neck liposuction (for my double chin which is very apparent in profile). Recovery time 10-15 days.

Option II: Brow lift, laser skin resurfacing on the lower part of my face, and botox injections. He said this will really firm up the skin and will be a good temporary measure until the time I want to do a facelift. 5-7 day recovery

Option III: Blepheroplasty (eyelid surgery only), laser resurfacing and botox. 3-4 day recovery.

I forgot to ask him about a Tummy Tuck. :embaressed_smile: But I doubt I can afford that anyway, nor do I have the time off to dedicate to it.

They're supposed to email me the prices for all this stuff...but I haven't gotten it yet.

I think I'm going to go with Option II...or something like that. I have an appt with another doctor on April 4 who I'll bet is a lot cheaper (he's in the suburbs) but also comes highly recommended. I'll probably do this in early June or July.

I was glad Richard went with me. He's very supportive and says I can do whatever I want....although he hasn't seen the bill yet! so we'll see.

It's a STUNNING day here today so after the docs we went out to lunch in mid-town and I had a yummy ahi tuna dish and some crab bisque. Then we went to the grocery store and now I'm home finally! Pooped!!

I'll BBL!!

Edited by TerriDoodle

Yay Haydee! You can be her mentor, have her come join us!!

UHHHH how have you guys been posting all day?!?!?!?! I had the lapband talk is down for 30 minutes ALL DAY LONG. I've checked every 15 minutes, and it's now 5:20pm central and I JUST got it to load..

:embaressed_smile:

Yay on weightloss ya'll. My turn! I finally finally finally got past -99lb. I've been stuck at that for like 2 weeks. Yesterday I was -101lb! OFFICIALLY past 100lbs ya'll!!!! Dancin like crazy, and I have not been 'hungry' all week.. might be my steroids or antibiotics, but it's nice. I only eat out of necessity and even then, I don't like it. How neato is that..

Terri- FWIW if you're going to do it, might as well DO IT! :embaressed_smile: Option 1!

And we booked our trip today for Jamaica-Negril (Sandals). Aug 2-6. Very excited. Got a great deal, and got a room with a patio that OPENS ONTO THE BEACH. Woweeee. Gonna be lotso fun.

Tracy and Pam, Adam is very creepy. In the first episode he called Autistic people 'retards', having an autistic niece I was very very offended. My sister also said the group "Autism Speaks" sent out an email that called for an apology and stuff.

YEA LAURA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay I am allergic to nuts and carry an epi pen with me, I have new insurance and went to have it filled are you ready for this $100.81!!! Holy cow is all I can say! Hope I don't need it before Gruene!! The good thing is I very rarely ever use it, just something I have to have in case. Crazy!

I am jealous of all you having ps consults, but I know you will have beautiful results!!!

A very poor Jane

Jane, some pharmeceutical companies will make exceptions to that cost! I know I read about it in the paper not long ago.

I used to carry one, for unexplained hives----my throat swelled up a couple of times....but they went away as wierdly as they began! Go figure!

Have you thought about getting them out of the country?

Going to go speak with my goofy husband now that he is off the phone....bb in awhile!

Kat

Just getting ready to sit down with my turkey chili. I can't believe the site was down for you all day Laura! That sucks.

Yay Terry! I forgot you had your consult today. I had TracyK look at my benefits booklet from work and all obesity related stuff is completely not covered. Boo... So it looks like I'm gonna have to save up my money and head back down to Mexico. Probably next year. All I want is a basic tummy slashing, whatever that is called. No muscle repair no contouring, nothing like that. I just want this big belly out of my way. And since I'm still planning on having kids I will probably need more extensive work later on in life... I'll be patient for perky boobs and a tight ass!!

Jane - who's Adam? He sounds like a creep!

BBL...

LAURA!! WOO HOO on the -101!!! AWESOME JOB!!! You passed me right on up, I knew you would... You have an awesome fill, and good will power too... You are gonna be at goal so soon!!!

Pam- Hot Dog Girl. 3 days this week. You Go.

Laura- Congrats on the Loss. That's awesome.

Haydee- How exciting for you and your sister. You will be a great motivator to her.

Terri- Good Luck in chooseing an option. Only you can decide what to pick since you were the one that talked to the Doctor. I'm so happy for you.

Long day today and another long day tomorrow. We had one of the goofiest ladies in today. I love meeting new people.

Jenn- It's nice to know that you have a job to fall back on but still dissapointing that you lost the one worked hard to get. I'm still holding out hope for you that an even better job will come your way.

Hubby is on his 4th day of not smoking. I'm so very proud of him.

Everyone have a great evening.

Yay Laura!!!

:embaressed_smile::Banane20::(:Banane20::eek::Banane20::frown::Banane20::mad::Banane20:

x 10 +1!!

Judy... that was supposed to be drool, not slime!... as in I'm drooling over your new bracelet!! Ah hem... still don't see a picture...:embaressed_smile:

Laura- That sounds like such a nice trip. You are going to look super duper hot by than.

Hah hah I hope so!!!

I got dancin nanner boobies!!!!

jane, I'm with you.. no PS for me in the next 5-10 years if ever! Insurance doesn't love me.

Speakin of which, DH is allergic to seafood & Peanuts & sulfa/ur? drugs.. and I use to carry his epipen in my purse, but it expired like 5 years ago and we never got a new one. I carry a case of benadryl "just in case". We actually have never had a situation. ONE time he thought a peanut was in a salad and he felt weird, but the benadryl and he stopped eating it, and he was alright.

Lindzie's grandma is so allergic to shellfish, that if they eat it for dinner, they have to shower before going to her house! She come over here once last fall, and Lindzie had been eating chips and salsa, and touched her on the arm, and her arm got finger shaped hives----she said it was because the chips had iodized salt on them! I cannot imagine being that allergic.

Is it all nuts Jane? I would be sooooo lost, that is one of my main snack items. Well was before this tooth fiasco.

I do not have a bone chip, I have a spur on the socket around where the tooth was. I am like Terry I have options! I can have the gum cut, and the place smoothed...I can have a skin graft put over it to cushion it....or I can try to let it gradually smooth itself.

Gee----that's hard! I am not having more surgery on the damn thing!

Tracy--Rick brought me home a box--so I will do my best to get the shirts mailed tomorrow! When you see me here, tell me to get off the computer and get with it!

Michelle, I knew you were drooling over Judy's new baubles....but when you were ask about it, it just hit me, we have a sliming smiley. So then when I went to the smiley list to find him....I also run across the PB'ing one!!! How fitting for the site!!!

Suzanne---I did it! I got all my liquid in today----I just knew you would be so proud of me!!! LOL---I will likely be up all night peeing now!!!

Yep Pamela, that is exactly what Manda said Tomas was. I looked at the black and thought Goth, she corrected me. I just know to look at him, he looks very unhappy, and timid....and while as a person my former DIL seems nice enough, she uses people like crazy. He looks like a target for so many things!

It used to creep me out that my Uncle was a mortician. But he is very staid, and respectful. He did 4 tours in Vietnam. He has bylines of several pictures in the Time Life books---his last 2 tours his job was as a photographer. He has a trunk full of pictures, and his will is that it be burned when he dies, never opened. He said he cannot ever get the pictures out of his mind, but he can help those that die now, be buried with dignity....something seriously lacking in Vietnam.

I also have an Uncle who is a Dr.....so if one can't cure me-----the other takes over!!!

Well I am gonna read my mail and call it a night.

See ya tomorrow!!

Kat

Jane-the key word is PS "consult". I have not been told yes by insurance , just maybe "if you can prove this this and this...". If they say no I will have a long wait too. I am just gonna dive in and see what happens. It isn't like I have never been told no before!!

Suzie-I am happy that your dh is doing well. Tmorrow will be one weel for me without a cigarette. It is a tough thing to do!

*Start Confession*

Moooo.....mooooo. OMG! Yesterday was my worst day ever! I can not wait until there is no EASTER candy around! Between that and not being able to smoke I was a bad bad girl yesterday. I am not going to list it all out. Just trust me that I reverted back to the fat girl mentality all day! Thank GOD today is a new day and my brain is back on track!

*End confession*

Today macy and I are going to visit mom. DH is working and it is supposed to be a pretty day. I hope you all have a great Easter weekend!

Laura-way to go on the -101!!!!!!!!