Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

KAT-If you are reading this....GO PACK THE BOX!!!:shades_smile::lol::success1:

(you told me to remind you:tt2:)

Laura, I'm so sorry I didn't bring out the dancing nanners for you last night. I was so tired I wasn't even thinking straight!! I'm so proud of you! I remember how you went thru a very rough patch thinking the band wasn't going to work for you and you were still eating quite a bit. I remember hoping and praying that something would turn around for you....you're so young and beautiful and deserved all the best ...AND NOW LOOK AT YOU!!! You are stunning! Even if you never lost another pound, you are drop-dead gorgeous and things are really coming together for you! Wow! What a difference a year makes, eh?

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 101# LOSS!!!!

:waytogo::thumbsup::success1::eek6::party::success1:

AWESOME!!

:Banane21::shades_smile::Banane10::Banane08::Banane20::Banane51:

INCREDIBLE!!!

:Banane27::Banane27::Banane27::Banane27::Banane27::Banane27:

YOU'RE AN INSPIRATION TO ALL OF US!!!

Terri- FWIW if you're going to do it, might as well DO IT! :shades_smile: Option 1!
this has been buggin' the hellouttame....what is "FWIW"??

Okay I am allergic to nuts and carry an epi pen with me, I have new insurance and went to have it filled are you ready for this $100.81!!!

Wah!! What about Wal-Mart doing these $4 generic Rx's!? Isn't this generic? Or maybe 'cause it's a 'pen'...but jeez-oh-man these drug costs are just out of control!! Well, if it makes you feel any better, my mother's drugs cost about $600/month....and that's WITH insurance! :faint:
Yay Terry! I forgot you had your consult today. I had TracyK look at my benefits booklet from work and all obesity related stuff is completely not covered. Boo... So it looks like I'm gonna have to save up my money and head back down to Mexico. Probably next year......... I'll be patient for perky boobs and a tight ass!!...
Where will you go in Mexico? Have you ever looked into it? I like the idea of having surgery then sitting in a lawn chair on the beach for recovery!! LOL I did actually think of going to Colorado...I bet they have some great plastic surgeons in Aspen!!
It used to creep me out that my Uncle was a mortician. But he is very staid, and respectful. He did 4 tours in Vietnam. He has bylines of several pictures in the Time Life books---his last 2 tours his job was as a photographer. He has a trunk full of pictures, and his will is that it be burned when he dies, never opened. He said he cannot ever get the pictures out of his mind, but he can help those that die now, be buried with dignity....something seriously lacking in Vietnam.
That is an incredible story, Kat. What a great man. Every time I even think about Vietnam I get this sick feeling in my stomach. What a f'd up war. Well, I guess they're all f'd up, but that one in particular. Did you used to watch Six Feet Under when it was on HBO? That show did a lot for the 'funeral director industry', IMO. They are under-appreciated, for sure. Can you imagine what it must take to go to work every day dealing with nothing but grief, sadness and death? Wow.

Suzie - I love to meet odd (and new) people, too. I think it's fascinating to imagine what they're world is like or how they grew up. I can't explain it very well, but until I was about 35 I just assumed that most people thought like I did, had the same values, etc. It sounds incredibly naive, but it's kinda true! What an idiot I was (am). Did I grow up in a bubble or WHAT?!

Well, I'm looking forward to a quiet day at home for the most part today. I do need to pay a visit to my Mom. She and my sister got into a nasty argument the other day, can you believe that? My mother is laying in a nursing home fighting for every breath and my sister picks a fight with her??? My sister is a saint 75% of the time but when she goes off, she is El Bitcho Supremo. So I need to go and talk to mom and make sure that she is 'being heard', y'know? She has some decisions to make about her health care and rehab goals...and to discuss her options. My sister just ended up bitching at her rather than listening to her. Horrible. Poor Mom.

Ya'll have a good day. It's been such beautiful weather here...I wish I could send some to you snowbirds!

Good Morning, Violets..

FWIW Terry... For What It's Worth. sheeeeeeeeeesh. don't you know nuthin??

Laura.. CONGRATS on the -101 That is just amazing and I too remember when you thought the band wasn't doing what you wanted it to do. Looks like it's working pretty darn good to me!!

Maundy Thursday service was really nice last night. It gets me in the Lenten mood. Now on to the Tre Ore service today which is also a nice service. I'll be there for the whole three hours plus since we have a couple of warm up rehearsals before the service begins. I think I might be ready for a nap this afternoon!

We're off to have Breakfast with our cruising buddies. Then on to the service. Everyone have a good day today and I'll catch you this evening when I can. Drink, drink, drink and make wise choices!!

Another busy day of this & that & driving all over the place... I think MONDAY will be the day I can actually just chill out... not 'til then... phew!

I haven't been eating HORRIBLY, but over the past few days here & there I have popped in a Cadbury mini-egg or two (OMG these are probably my #1 fav candy), or a slice of pizza or, ok, 2 pieces of baklava last night (how come THAT went down fine but I had to PB hummus & spanikopita??)... you get the idea... so the scale has been inching up... up... up... I *WANT* to do just liquids today & tomorrow, relax on Sunday, then get super-duper serious w/eating AND exercising starting on MONDAY & really crack out these last 20 lbs!... I know I'm 100% serious about "Monday" (there's that everpresent dieter's refrain, huh?), but am dubious about today & tomorrow... I know I MEAN IT... but... have seriously lacked ability this week. bleh. And so it goes...

Hope each of you has a great day!

I didn't keep the belief that everyone was the same for as long as you did Terry--but I know exactly what you are saying! I grew up surrounded by people of similar status and belief systems....with happily married parents, and grandparents who loved one another, and us. I can remember on a summer evening on the front porch, Mom brought Dad a bottle of beer, and had poured some in one of those little glasses that cheese spread comes in for herself. That was my life---until I got married. I was young (17!!!) and would have run away if not given permission, the border is 11 miles away!!! I married into a family with serious alcohol issues, and fidelity issues. The first night my husband didn't come home all night, I was in tears convinced he was dead somewhere....the thought he was cheating never entered my mind! It was quite a wake up call!!! I am now much more observant of how people live amongst themselves....

OH and FWIW-----For What It's Worth......

I don't think my Uncle saw his job as depressing...although he dealt with depressed people....hard to describe. He was very well respected, and sought out when there was an elder on the reservation die. He would go in and observe all the old traditions. Including, the fact that if one of the elders actually died in their hogan (a dome shaped-usually-mud and stick built home, with a fire pit right in the middle, piped out the top) he would go with the family, and witness the burning of the home....partake in the meal, usually mutton stew and fried bread, then hold the services.

The Navajo people have a huge presence in the armed services, per capita they are in the majority, and they all have massive respect for fellow servicemen. He actually did several of the original "Code Talkers" from WWII's services. And drove countless bodies thousands and thousands of miles for military burial.

His wife is my Dads sister, and she is a PITA--she used to love that I was the fattest one in the family, now she and her DD are both bigger than I am, and she will not mention anything EVER about my weight---she always refers to her own at being 220 pounds, which is about 75-100 short---but hey she has to carry it around not me! But my Uncle he is always telling me how good I look, and how proud he is I found a way to do it. Mom and I are always saying--poor him having to put up with my Aunt!!!

Sorry your sister had it out with your Mom. I am not trying to defend her---it was a horrible thing to do. But as I have said before, sometimes it is easier to be mad, than to be sad. We want them to want to fight with every breath too....I was FURIOUS with my Mom for allowing my Grandma to sign a DNR. Mom did not have any choice, she didn't want Gma. to hurt anymore, and it was Gma's choice. But I wanted her to beat the cancer again-and live forever, not sign a paper that said they would not keep her living. I said horrid things to my Mom, and I threatened to talk to Gma. myself. Had my Mom in tears....and left her that way! You may be thinking, that I was just a kid, and your sister is not---but I was well into my 30's---not a kid, just a scared granddaughter who could not face the thought of losing her and no one doing anything! I still hate DNR's! I have since apologized to my Mom, and know the pain she had in making the choice to accept Gma's choice. But it was so much easier to hate everyone and everything about it, than allow it to hurt....Does your sister have much of a support system to get through this besides you?

Hugs to all of you!

Tracy---as soon as it is light, and I can go to the car and get the box, and to the garage and get the tape, and get off my butt and get dressed.....I'll get right on it!! LOL I promise!!

Gonna be nice here today too, Kinsey and I are walking to the bank this morning, hoping the fresh air makes my headache ease.

TTYL~~

Kat

Kat- I am so very proud of you for getting all your Water in. I also had a very good CTCD and water day. In fact I got up 3 times during the night to go to the bathroom. So I'm shooting for another good water day. Going to try to see how long I can keep this going.

Looks like Judy is taking over water patrol. Keep us going Judy.

Another busy day today. I have to work for 3 hours and than going to get my grocery shopping done for the weekend. I have 4 people coming over for Sunday dinner. The fence people are coming today to give us an estimate for the supplies for the fence. Brother in law is going to put it up for us. Saving us some big bucks. But it will cost us some beer. Hubby is getting his hair cut today and we have to get my car inspected. It needs its tags.

Has anyone caught that show "I can make you thinner". I think that is the name of it. Anyway I was surfing the other night and ran into it. What I got out of what I watched was that he was endorsing smaller portions. DUH. He was telling everyone to get smaller plates and to use smaller utensils. There was something about tapping yourself but I didn't catch that. Wow, if I had only thought about the smaller bite and portions I could be a TV star.

Everyone have a great great day. Hugs to all.

PS. Laura, :shades_smile: :success1: :party: :thumbsup:

Wow, it IS slow around here.

FWIW.. For What It's Worth.

Now, to Celebrate -101lb, what did I do? Ate 2,000 calories yesterday. It snuck up on me. I thought I was doing good, but had some stuff I wasn't sure about so I calculated in myplate. The only saving grace, is I don't know what 'portion' I ate. Mexican pizza for lunch, but I ate about 5 bites from the center. So I put 1/2 in serving size, though I don't know if that's right.. then I had nachos with everything on them for dinner, and just ate lettuce, onions, jalapenos and sour cream off the top.. and about 2 chips. Again, it's like 500 calories (average) for a serving on myplate, and I don't know what that would be considered. Then I had a brat (300 something calories). I love those heat & serve brats/sausages.. they need to make them lower calorie though!! Then I finished my easter candy. It's funny how this works, Xmas candy.. nah.. v'day candy.. nah.. 99.9% easter candy.. nah.. But those mini-eggs the chocolate ones with a hard shell. I am NOT going to buy anymore, darn it. Only 'weakness' candy that comes out all year long. I've bought 3 bags in the past 3 weeks, but I finished the last of them last night and I will not not not buy anymore. I gotta get a harder body for Jamaica!!

And thank you Terry, it makes me feel really good to hear those kinds of things!! Someone PMd me last week and said her husband saw my B&A and said I looked like I was at goal. Wow. I need to post more pics of me SITTING DOWN when my belly folds all over the place. I guess standing up I can pass as normal, but sitting down I have the squishy, rolly, gut of a fat person. It has to be decreasing at least some, since I am able to get into smaller sizes as I go.. but it feels like my sitting gut is as big as when I started.

Well I made it back.....I am working on the box Tracy----the PO was open, but they objected to the box----it at one time help ATF, so it is not something they allow to be used to ship in. So I got a box in Walmart today--sausage was in it, think that is dangerous too???

I am exhausted, my head is throbbing.....and my bed wants me to lie down on it for a few minutes......I heard it say so!

TTYL~~

Kat

Don't feel bad Terri...I did not know what FWIW meant either!! Judy, I guess me & Terri don't know nuthin' (I wish we had a smilie that picked his nose for me to insert here) LOL

Michelle & Laura-Glad to know I am not the only one over eating. For me, I know it is the Easter candy!!!! PB right now to me stands for Peanut Butter eggs!!

Macy stayed the night at moms (no big shock there, huh?) I am going to go and watch a movie. Have a great night violets!

Kat-no worries...I know you are trustworthy! :shades_smile:

Terri, TracyK and Suzie-- :shades_smile: :success1: :party:

Whew.... finally able to get into the site!! Laura and I have been emailing cause we can't go a day without some Violet talk!!

Suzie... sorry for stepping on your toes. YOU are the official drink patrol. What was I thinkin'???

TracyK... to tell you the truth, I didn't know what it meant either. I just typed it in on search here and it came right up. FWIT, almost everything you need to know is out there on the internet somewhere!

Well, the 3 hour service turned into 4 because of the rehearsals beforehand and then it ran over by 15 minutes. The only bad part was instead of an electric keyboard they usually have, they had an old upright piano set up and it was out of tune. Therefore, my flute piece was out of tune and there was nothing I could do about it. My friend who played the piano was mortified. We both just got through it and hoped that nobody's ears were as keen as ours. Unfortunately there were quite a few musicians there and they knew right away. There was supposed to be a violin solo, but it turned into an organ solo because she wouldn't play with the piano as bad as it sounded. We had no backup, I couldn't play the music just on flute and she couldn't play it just on piano. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

But it's over and in the past now. Onward to Easter Sunday and much better music!!

We didn't go to the service tonight cause the Bobster and I were both plain tired. Sooooooo I'm going to go sit and read my tabloids and relax for a bit. Will check back in later.

Kat- Years ago, I mean a long time ago. We visited some friends in Farmington. We stayed for several days and had the most wonderful time. They took us fishing and camping and showed us all over. We went to Four Corners and Shiprock. But one thing that I will always remember was a story that they told us about and old Indian lore. It was about "Skinny Runners". Do you know what I'm talking about? I have never met another person that knew about this. Wasn't sure if they were pulling my leg or if this is all true. Let me know if you know this story, Ok?

Somebody stop me, I'm on my way to Dairy Queen. I Need to get a Butterfinger Blizzard. It might even be a large one. Here I go. By.

STOP!!! DO NOT SET FOOT OUT OF YOUR HOUSE TO DQ---You haven't got my order yet!!!

Chocolate extreme please!!!

Suzanne---I am going to take a wild guess and am thinking your friends told you about "Skin walkers or Skin Crawlers" of Indian Lore, there are multitudes of takes on the stories, but the common theme is they skulk around up to no good---covered in animal hides.

Was that anything like what you were talking about? Farmington is 10 miles from me----if ya ever wanna go fishin' and the 4 corners again!

Kat