Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Good Morning Violets ( I sound like Charlie from Charlie's Angles...Good Morning Angles)

TracyK~ My last ciggy was June 30, 07 and there are times I still really want one. Sometimes when I walk into Wally World or something and people are smoking...I can not stand it...it stinks so bad. Then times, especially walking out of a resturaunt after I eat, that people are smoking outside and I still want one so bad. I 1000% agree w/ Terry...I also ruined my quit w/ "I'll have just a puff, or just one". Uh, no we can't have just one. Good luck, we are all so proud of you (and Susie's hubby too).

Terry~ We saw Vantage Point. It was good, not great. I really wanted to see it, she, not so much. But we got our popcorn and cuddled up in the movies which is my favorite thing in the world to do! We have surround sound now, but it is not great...and after what we spent yesterday and the fact that she is moving in offically...we are going top of the line and make it all nice w/ the Bose system! Wanna come over and watch a movie??? Anyone???

Susie~Thanks for your kind words about Susanne and I. I read it to her, and she thought it was sweet that someone else noticed our "love story" too!:cheers2:

Janie~ OMG...feel better. I'll PM you the nom's and the veto. What do you got? The flu? food poisoning? When you have the woopies and the poopies (throwing up and diarreah) at the same time...usually is food related. Trust this advice...crackers, or pretzles and 7up!

Gonna go play scrab and get ready. We are going to Easter Mass this evening, then dinner w/ friends. Today, I just want to run to the Bose outlet, and take care of our few errands and come home!

xoxoxooxox

Good morning, Violets..

I went to bed at 9:30 last night and didn't get up til 9:00 this morning. Guess my body was trying to tell me something!!

Jane... thank you for the Easter card!! What fun to get mail from Violet friends. You made my day!

Terry... very pretty flowers. My flowers are still buried under snow and ice. Will be a long time before I see any blossoms. it's 26 degrees here right now. Figgers my new Easter outfit is springy looking. I'm probably gonna freeze!

The bobster is out looking at cars. He keeps bringing them home to try out. When he gets back this time we're headed back to the Buick dealership to look at the LaCross yet again. It's a never ending mission. It took him over a year just to find the right grill for the backyard. arghhhhhhhhhh

We bought a new tv yesterday. Got a flat panel 40". Sure will be different after having a 24" for 23 years!! We bought a cabinet for it to sit in for now, but will have it installed over the fireplace when we can afford it. All the wires have to be run up through the wall.

Ooops.. gotta run. Bob is back and we have to go car shopping again!! BBL

Edited by Teachlady

Yay so glad to see this site working again!!

Jane I hope you feel better!!! I know Pam gave you a good list of sick foods, but some reason (I think my dad made this up, so maybe it only works for my psychology lol), when I am sick with food issues, it's beef Jerky & cream soda. I haven't been bad sick since honeymoon, but since I couldn't get those things in room service, I swapped to ginger ale. Ginger ale is a miracle worker for upset tummy!

And yup, Pam the Bose is fantastic, my parents have it and it's like you're THERE (that and their 70 somethin inch LCD). Watching movies at their house becomes a little anxiety ridden for me.. Horror movies where you are in the movie.. eek.

Terry.. why aren't my azalea's blooming?! I guess I'll ask my mom later today too. It's been warm for weeks, they are in good full green condition.. but no blooms. :cheers2: I wanna know what color they are!!

I just watched Final 24 on Anna Nicole Smith. Was so sad, and hearing the final walk through and what the problem was, it could have been avoided. The nurse watching her was on the phone and thought she was sleeping, but never checked despite all the meds she had laying out. If she had just paid attention earlier... They said her show was a flop, but I loved it and everyone I knew loved it too. She was hilarious.

Last night at dinner, I told my dad about our V trip to Greune (mom was talking about tubing in Ocoee). Then I said the Alamo, etc.. very excited!! He goes "Who are you going with?" and DH says "A bitties club". I was like WHAT!! We are not bitties! He assumes people who have WLS are old fat women. He doesn't believe me when I tell them, there are MEN on this forum too, and women of ALL ages. None of us in our group are old bitties!

So just so you guys know, we gotta take some great pics so I can prove to him we're not bitties.

I'm getting really psyched for our trip, not too far away and I've been craving lazy rivers. Time needs to pass, because I'll also be DONE WITH CLASSES by time we go. THAT is a huge bonus. I don't even mind the flying right now, I just wanna gooo! I remembered when looking at my flights the other day, no layovers, just a straight shot. Should not be too bad on my nerves... and going to get something from my sister just in case.

Done rambling for now, can't wait to meet you all! I've been thinking about that a lot lately!!

azaleas.jpg

As you can see, when I planted these in the fall, I expected that one small plant to grow bigger than it did (I experimented and just bought different interesting flowers and made a hodgepodge.. in the other flower bed it all looks fine). But I'm going to buy another bush and plant it there sometime soon. Now where are my blooms? :cheers2:

I must confess....I am using y'all......

I don't wanna do my housework!!!!! I have close to 20 people coming to dinner tomorrow, I think I am catching Rick & Kinsey's cold----and I don't want to do anything! Especially, cook, clean and do laundry! LOL

Suzanne---they still pile in the back of the truck, and what kills me, is the grandparents are ALWAYS in the back! The kids too....the teens through 40 are in the cab----more sheep around here than goats!! And it isn't the same truck---they get new ones every 6 years now---it just increase it was 5 years.

There is rampant discrimination. Going both ways. To stop in Shiprock or some of the other reservation towns, you would have been walked around to seat the other family!

As a whole, they are not tippers. I know that is discriminatory just to say, and I hate putting it that way, but it is true none the less. MY DD's both have waited tables, and it is a job--the families are usually very large, so will come in and take up 2 hours and an 8 top table, and not leave a dime. So with that in mind, the discrimination continues, as no one wants to fill their section with needy yet non tipping customers.

The other serious issue with border towns of reservations is the purchase of cars---like what Bobster is doing--you don't do here! There is a salesperson with all test drives, unless you know your salesman WELL. Prices reflect that too. The problem is mostly with vehicles and mobile homes. When something is taken onto the reservation, your average Joe Business cannot simply go pick it up in a respossession issue....you have to apply to the Tribal Council (yep sounds TV familiar!!!), for permission to repo something, and it is seldom given. So if you sell them a car, and they drive it to the rez and don't pay, you have to wait until they come to town, and catch them at Walmart or Chilis to repo the car! You cannot make collection calls....they are governed under different standards. The multitudes of DWI's given on the rez are not held against them if they are arrested for one off the rez. But if I were to get arrested on the rez....I am not guaranteed a speedy trial---it is like getting arrested in Mexico, I am at their mercy.....

So, there remains lots of animosity, but when like Suzanne said, you take the time to get to know someone, the barriers break down....

I have 2 nephews who are both 1/2 Navajo Indian, and you would be hard pressed to find better kids.....hoping they can with their generation help to change things.

Jane so sorry you are sick----feel better soon!

Laura--***warning Mom-mode kicking in*** IMHO I would not take the meds until more study had been done on them, or until you were finished having children anyway. If you think weight loss affected your body--just wait til pregnancy and childbirth!! When your body goes through the chemical changes required for pregnancy, you might be surprised--it may help! My oldest DD had maybe 3 zits her entire teenage life, but had horrid pregnancy induced acne! I had never even heard of such! And yet you see all the time women who have never been more beautiful, their skin glows. As soon as Kinsey was born, Manda quit having problems.

You have huge increases in hormones in your body, and it might be worth seeing if that alone helps or changes things.

I just see you as a person who if something were to happen to your child, blaming yourself---we all do, but why invite something else to worry about?

****done now!**** uh-oh.....I may now be well deserving of being referred to as an old bitty!!!

We have a big screen.....50 some inches, Rick loves it! Our surround sound is amazing....and he is increasing it---adding speakers in the ceiling, he found at Radio Shack....lol! My car sound system is Bose, I love it! It will be our next upgrade, but for now we are happy. My niece has these pads under the legs of her sofa and chairs, that vibrate with the sound system, so if a bomb explodes, not only do you hear it through their sound system, you literally feel it--the chairs jar! Too much, might interupt my napping!!!

My Grandma (Violet one!) loved black jelly beans----had forgot about that---thanks for the smile!!!

Well my laundry is ready to be changed, my phone has rang 4 times while trying to post this, and the house is not cleaning itself....so I am out of here. Not even going to allow myself to check in until I am half done!! LOL

Hugs~

Kat

Good morning violets. It's a beautiful day here today. I wish it would be like this tomorrow but tomorrow it's supposed to be cloudy and a little cold. Grrr...

We finished decorating all our eggs yesterday. It was a huge messy ordeal but so much fun. The kids had a great time. We did 14 cartons of 18 eggs each carton.

Oh, my throat is getting a little scratchy. I hope I'm not getting sick... crap... I can't get sick right now. My sister is having surgery next week and while my mom is out of the country with her I'm taking care of her business. What can I take to help boost my defenses?

I'm gonna go post some pictures now... Let's see if I can do it without messing up the thread...

I just read on Yahoo News that Americans but 1.9 billion dollars worth of Easter candy.

Well, 1.8 Billion is sitting in my front bedroom. I'm in jelly bean heaven.

Haydee, are these some colored, some confetti filled both?

We used to do the confetti filled when we were in Denver, my SIL there got us started, she is hispanic, and we had a blast!!! Maybe in the next year or so, when my Grandkids get a bit older we will revive the tradition!!!

Well.....house is done, except Rick gets to clean the fireplace area--his job...always has been, always will be!! And the kitchen. Bedrooms, bathrooms, living room, dining room, all done, dejunked, decobwebbed! From ceiling fans to floors and everything in between, they are done. Now I will do the kitchen as I work in there getting food prepped. We are eating immediately following church, because Kinsey is going to her Daddy's at 2, and my inlaws are not staying long, they are going to my SIL's after here. MIL is putting on her martyr act, and blaming me for splitting up the family. I even got a phone call from my SIL in Denver teasing me about it!! We get along great, she understands, and that is a big part of the reason she remains living in Denver. She openly admits not wanting to do anything....which is a sucky attitude, but at least she admits it instead of acting like she does it all!! Anyway.....I talked back to my MIL, and told her oh no, it wasn't my idea that my SIL said at Christmas we were just too big to fit in one place any longer....so I just figured this would work easer, we could all get together in the summer when it could be outdoors. She just stayed sad. And I understand her being sad, but she has the biggest house and refuses to host it so give me a freakin' break! But that's ok, I am getting quite used to being the black sheep DIL!!! LOL

So what's on everyones menu for tomorrow???? We are having a hodge podge of food!!! I am cooking a ham, Beck is cooking prime rib. Add in all the potatoes, and each of the girls is bringing a veggie....they are working it out between them, so we don't end up with 3 dishes of green beans!!! Ali, is making homemade yeast rolls, I have 2 cakes to bake, and a sugar free one to finish up, and a sugar free pie to do.....Mom is making a relish tray, and a side dish of some sort, and my MIL said she would bring something, she didn't know what. pssssst....she didn't know what because I did not mention what I was doing, the last couple of years, she always does the same thing I do!!! And then makes Rick feel bad if he eats mine---he swears his Mom has Alzheimers....I think she has old age grouchy disease, she is exactly, down to a T just like her mother!!! Granny was grouchy, but we loved her to death, just like MIL!!!

OK, I am off to the kitchen to get busy. Took an Advil Cold and Sinus, and feel human again. Will check in later......wish me luck to keep from snacking!!

Hope you are feeling better Jane--and I'm with you Haydee, I keep saying I can't get sick today! Try Airbourne-------I have heard good things about it and Zycam both.....

Kat

Well I woopied again early this morning and was really nauseated, didn't go to work, now I am feeling a bit better. Not really sick to my stomach, I hope not because I am brewing some coffee, have a bad headache from none.

Haydee those eggs are so neat!!! How long did that take you?!?

Watching skating, they are amazing!!! I watched ice dancing last night, and I was amazed by the positions they held!!! How strong they must be!!

I went to the store to buy a card for my parents, and ended up finding the perfect one for the violets!! I bought all they had, and I think three random people had to get different ones, but they were still purple!! Oh I after all that, I forgot to get my parents a card!! How often does that happen, you go into a store for one thing and leave without it!!!!!!

Okay hopefully no more tummy issues for Jane!!

Have a good one!!

Jane

Oh Jane, you poor thing, I hate being sick! Hope you feel better!!!

Well, kitchen is clean, cake is baking, gonna peel some taters and put them in a covered pot of Water in the cold garage.....then going to prep my ham and stick it back in the fridge.....I know y'all may be surprised by this but I am almost done!! Well, considering my list of to do's when I started!

BBL~

Kat

Hey V's~

Tomorrow is ham, turkey, mashers, cauliflower, zuccinni, rolls and ice cream and choc. sauce for dessert. It is only for 3 people plus the baby...small group...small food.

Gotta run!

Pamela-We'll be there. What time would you like us to be there? :) I WISH!!

Well, had a great day! Gotta run and color some eggs. Have a great night :thumbdown: