Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Good Morning everyone.

A new week is starting and this means a new start for all of us.

Liquids, liquids and more Liquids. We can do this. Especially together.

Hang in there.

Liquids....ugh! The thought makes me hungry. BUT, that is the price I am having to pay for 'sinning'.

I have to tell you all something...I gain ONE more pound, just ONE....and I am going to start smoking again. I have worked too hard to gain weight at this point. I am not paying for this band every month to gain weight. Yesterday was a tough day but I made it through only because I had zero cigs in the house. (thank God). I am going to call the dr today and schedule a small fill. I am hungry all of the time....even after I eat! I will keep you all posted on how I do at this. I am trying to give it a few more days cause I want to see how I do now that the Easter candy is out of the house.

Have a great day everyone!

Tracy, I'm also thinking about calling the Doc to see about a little fill. I didn't get one when I went to see him last Wednesday. We decided I didn't need it at the time. I'm sure I still don't need it. It's just a head game with me right now. I just need to quit thinking I'm hungry. Need to just quit putting things in my mouth that shouldn't be going in there. You can do this also. I have faith in both of us.

Stay away from the cigs. You have made such strides and it would be bad for your mental state to pick that nasty habit back up. I'm just as proud of you as I am of my hubby for quiting. Hang in there girl.

Good Morning, Violets...

We had a good Easter yesterday, even with the snow we got!!:wub: It's 5 degrees this morning, darn cold for Spring, if ya ask me.

I did very well yesterday. Only had a few bites each of ham, cheesy potatoes, corn pudding, polish sausage and broccoli salad. There was fruit pizza for dessert and I ate one slice of it. I had one bite of a pecan bar just to see how they tasted and that was it. No Easter candy passed my lips this year. Now THAT is a first!!! And sorry ladies, but no liquid diets for me. I'll adjust portion, adjust exercise, increase Water intake, but I refuse to not eat regular food. My doctor frowns on liquid diets and I always go with what he says. Not that I'm saying liquids aren't right for you ladies that choose to do it. It's just not my thing.

Ethan is here now and we're waiting for our new tv to arrive. The Bobster is going to the bank today to arrange financing for whatever car we decide to get. We had a couple come over Saturday and they are buying our truck so we'll have some cash for the down payment instead of trading the vehicle in for less than what we're getting in cash.

Everyone have a good day. Do what you need to do for yourself and make wise choices!! (((hugs)) to you all for a great week!

Morning girls

all I can say is i feel so bloated I can't stand myself. Today is all about liquids and protien. I am going to the gym every day this week. No exception

Michelle that is a great idea Egg or No Egg. LOL

We ate so much yesterday, picked all afternoon... polish food, kraut and stuffed cabbage and a couple perogies. all made homemade. yummy

Well going to bring the kids to the sitter and get some things done today, going to meet my step sister and work on cafe plans, they are shooting to open 4/4 or 5 so we are going to work this week to advertise and work out details about tables an such. there is a full diner counter and 35 tables... holy cow. when it is done i'll post a photo, it is amazing to me now that it is almost done how far it came, it was 2 small store fronts

anyway... be back

have a great day

Good Morn, Vi's~~

Finished cleaning up from yesterday... already wavering on the liquids -- ack! I just feel like I need do a day or several or every-other or SOMEthing this week to "shock" myself back into proper bandster eating + jumpstart the weightloss. But then we're going to the movies later, etc., etc. (it's always something!) so I think... well, maybe I should wait 'til tomorrow when there's nothing "special" about the day... but me, I always find something "special" about EVERY day! LOL! I'm a mess.

Hey Everyone,

Im new to the forum. I was banded in April 07 ....more pounds to go. Just wanted to say Happy Easter to ALL.

Welcome Crystal!! You've done a great job on your weight loss. Join us here and chat away! We're all Violet Sistah's here and there's always room for one more!

Kat- wow.. that was like reading a book, I couldn't believe you threw out Linzie's slinky!

No liquid diet for me, if I did that, I'd crave food so bad, I'd either cheat or when I'm done I'd go nuts eating food. But lots of Water, and good choices today!!

Tracy- Yeah I was losing 2lbs regularly a week.. then the 2nd week I was on Chantix (when I stopped) I gained 5lb.. which is a 7lb gain really. It freaked me out enough! But what sucks, is I'm back to chain smoking to make up for food, but still have snacking issues that haven't gone away from when I was stopping. Still losing slowly.. slower..

You're doing good, and you're so close to goal!! I decided to try Chantix closer to goal, when I can offset the extra eating with exercise. Have you tried doing that yet?

GOOD MORNING! I tried to sneak in here and post earlier but my boss came into my office and sat down to bs.......

Anyway.... I didn't weigh all weekend and usually when I don't it gives me license to eat badly..... and I did........ I've been eating a lot of loaded baked potatoes when we go out... which goes against my deep inbedded LC mentality.... also the crap eating has not stopped....... so imagine my suprise when the scale said 190.4 this morning...... I really need to start drinking my Water again... I would imagine I would be solidly in the 180's if I had even had one glass of water over the last 3 weeks!

Hope everyone had a good Easter.... we worked in our garage all day and I was tuckered out. We also tagged and insured DH's explorer because it gets better gas mileage than our truck.... (it had been sitting in our garage since 2006)

The puppy is doing good.......... the boys love him and are settling down on the fighting over him....... he really seems to favor me though and it is HILARIOUS.... probably because I am safe and a momma LOL

I put cubed beef in the crock pot with beef broth and onion Soup mix, when I go home for lunch to let the dog out I will add some red potatoes......

I just had some weight control oatmeal but could't finish more than half the bowl........ I tried that technique.. the guy from "I can make you thin"

I ate my oatmeal with my eyes closed... (I'm sure I looked funny) but it actually made a difference in how fast I got full.............. hmmmmmmmmm

Tracy if it makes you feel any better, I drink 4-8 bottles of Water a day religiously now.. with the exception of last night's coke, I don't drink anything else anymore.. and it doesn't make my scale any nicer!!

Ok, then.... at the end of today we will ALL POST WHAT WE ATE DURING THE DAY to make us accountable, ok??

Dammit! We're ALL going to get back on track!!! Let's all make this a great bandster day....just to say that we did it for one lousy day!!!

(Then maybe we can do it again tomorrow!)

Hmmm... Shall we have a contest? Whoever loses the most weight by May 1st wins a new silver necklace made by moi??

Edited by TerriDoodle

I watched the show I can make you thin, and it is really interesting!! All that tapping last night, I am an emotional eater, but can't say my stress is over a 5 or so. I think next week when he talks about cravings may help me more!! But last night during dinner, I noticed that no one put there fork down between bites! Even the skinny ones!!

I see the sun peeking out!!!!! I am soo happy!!! The only problem is I might be blinded, but it is such a rare occurance these days I am sure by the time I leave it will be gone.

All those on liquids GO, GO, GO!! and GOOD LUCK!!!!

Don't know what I am going to do today other than lunch with a friend. I might go see a movie, love, love, love going to a movie by myself!

Lost some weight, but I think it was the stomach flu. Also that show told you not to weigh yourself but every other week. Wonder if I can wait two!!!

Have a good one!

aaarrrrrrrgggghhhhh!! all i can think of is warm CCCs (chocolate chip cookies) and cigs. I am struggling over here!!!

Poor Tracy.

Go have a hot chocolate!!

What happens if you win Terry?

Mondays are so boring. Usual stuff, makes me feel how repetitive my life is lol.