Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Maybe to make it easier, we should just use % of current weight lost, like they do on Biggest Loser? Then "goal" wt doesn't come into play.

Oh, is that how they do it? I thought it was the percentage of weight needed to lose to reach goal. I don't watch the show, so i don't know.

Yeah.. I didn't know we were supposed to post goals...... YIKES!

I don't do well with long term goals.... I always sabotage myself with them..... since I hit 189 today.. my next short term goal is 179.....

wooooooohooooooooo GO TRACY!!!!!!!!!!! welcome to the 18s:thumbup::):thumbup:

Hey Violets!!! I slept late, then piddled, I did weigh this morning and it was 245. I had set my goal weight at 140 and when I did that thing that Terry sent a link to it was 161! But, the medical versions were 97 to 129 so I am not sure. I am only five feet. I like the idea of percentage lost vs what are goal weight is, but I really don't care that much to make a difference.

Well I am off to take a shower, get my taxes (getting a refund back from Federal thanks to my band! State I am breaking even.) For the first time I am going to have it put in my bank account and then pay my 1st quarter separate. Then I have to go to work!! Have a good day!!!

Laura I hope you are okay!!!!!

Jane

Weight this morning 186.0......

Not that it matters much, nothing changes!! LOL Not weight wise anyway!

Well, Manda is moving out today. She had the talk with Ryan last night, he was mad at first then, calmed down, and said he understood. She talked to Kinsey this morning, and she doesn't really understand, but she doesn't want to really leave Ryan. Then she talked to Lindzie, and she said she said a simple OK---but do I get to keep the things you bought me? LOL, kids! She told her of course, that she bought those things for HER they were hers now. Lindzie did get upset when she found out that Manda was taking her dogs....and Kinsey's playhouse in the yard, but she never said anything about Manda or Kinsey leaving. She told Ryan she took this week off to take care of Lindzie, and she will do that, she will take her and show her where she will be living, and let her know she will bring the dogs to see her sometimes if she wants.....he said he was going to try to get Thurs. & Fri. off, but if she would keep her til then it was ok. She said he did get indignant, that she chose to sleep in Kinsey's room.

Not sure how I feel---relieved, kind of sad, kind of scared. Not sure of what.....I just want my kids happy. And I know at a point he made her Very happy---but no so anymore. I need to let it go, and let her live her life, but it is so hard!

So we are supposed to eat sensibly---and be in competition, and all I can think of is eating right now----and that is soooo not me in the morning! But stress does it everytime!

My cold is better in that I feel better, but I have no voice, I sound like I have half a dozen frogs in my throat.

Laura---girl I am worried about you! I hope you are at the Dr. DO you think it could be related to the fact that you had not had a period in so long? Scary stuff, passing out, falling down is NOT ok! You should have at least tried waking DH up---my gosh, he is going to have to be trained!!! What if you had hit your head hard enough to be knocked unconcious??!! If you want a baby in your future, start working on the waking up issues now!!! LOL

Seriously though, I hope you see a Dr. today. So sorry you were so sick and alone------as has been said, ANYTIME you can call. So it wakes someone up---we tell them it is ok, and they go back to sleep--no biggie! DH's work wakes me up all the damn time, it is my turn!!! LOL

So I am going to try to eat sensibly----and Rick wants me to meet him for lunch at Applebees (right down from his work)----that should be fun!!!

Terry, I say if you win, we all pitch in, and get you beading, metal supplies!

My mind is running 100 mph----and I feel at a loss---to be honest, I want Kinsey! I want to sit her on my lap, and see her little face, and see that she is ok. I know with Manda off, and Lindzie out of school, doing that is not really an option---but I think that is what is my problem.

Pamela--I have it so easy with Kinsey, if I were to be caring for my Grandson--I would be beyond goal weight by now, he would have me running every minute! But Kinsey is very mellow, she likes small quiet toys! Sounds silly---but it is true, they come in and go for opposite things. Connor comes in, hits the toy box running, and throws things out as he digs through it, til he gets to the cars with sirens, and the guitar, and the pull turtle that makes horrid noises (songs---but loud, and dogs barking to songs kind of noise). He throws tantrums when you try to get him to pick things up. We are working on that! Kinsey does not take things out of the toy box very often. She loves her doll house, with all the furniture, and people. She likes the little toys you get in Happy Meals etc. She will sit at the coffee table with a little arrangement of toys for an hour, playing and talking and singing. She likes certain shows on TV--ones she can interact with. He only will watch SpongeBob! She will take her bathtub Barbies in the Water and swim and play til her lips are blue and the water cold. Connor will not sit in the tub---he is too busy! With him, you put him in the shower with you, and make a game of it! The differences are HUGE! I am not sure I have the energy to keep up with Connor all day everyday. I love him with all my heart, and he is getting more fun by the day. He just is NEVER still! He tumbled and turned somersaults in the back yard Easter day for an hour! He didn't hunt eggs, he found them and threw them like balls. I would have my work cut out for me with him! A couple of hours, and I am exhausted! Kinsey is an amazingly easy child. She eats anything, and minds well. She is 3, and has a mind of her own. But all in all, from years of day care operations, she is one of the mildest mannered children I have ever come across! Hope this change doesn't upset her too much. I have to be honest, I am relieved, not to worry about Lindzie hurting her.......is that mean?

Well I am off to the shower so I can go meet Rick. I will see you all later. Hugs~

Kat

To make it fair.. take amount loss % compared to how much they are to goal. That way if someone is 60lbs or 10lbs from goal, it's fair. :thumbup:

If I lose 6lbs and my goal is 180 and I'm at 232, the percentage lost would be 11%. If someone's goal is 150, and they are 170 and lose 6lbs they are at 30% loss and would win in this scenerio. :))

I thought this is what we were doing...

I don't know WHAT we're doing... I just tossed in... cuz' I'm a "pot stirrer" lol... that instead of doing percent weight loss to goal, just do percentage of weight lost since today, w/no need to worry about "goal". Clear as mud??

Not much time, need to go lay down..

Pain has been flaring up horribly all morning. Went to a doc, they sent me to the hospital for ultra sounds.. they did some ultra sounds, sent me home to drink lots of Water and I go back in an hour to do more ultra sounds on my womanly parts.

Since last night, it's been getting worse and worse, back to the pain being so intense I feel faint and break out into a sweat. I'll let you guys know what happens.

And gosh, I hope this isn't something 'mysterious' where I'm just suppose to deal with it :) I have been in tears all morning, they won't give me anything for the pain and I'm pretty miserable!

I don't know WHAT we're doing... I just tossed in... cuz' I'm a "pot stirrer" lol... that instead of doing percent weight loss to goal, just do percentage of weight lost since today, w/no need to worry about "goal". Clear as mud??

I just put in my weight today, goal weight and I'll wait and let someone else figure out what the heck we're doing!!

Not much time, need to go lay down..

Pain has been flaring up horribly all morning. Went to a doc, they sent me to the hospital for ultra sounds.. they did some ultra sounds, sent me home to drink lots of Water and I go back in an hour to do more ultra sounds on my womanly parts.

Since last night, it's been getting worse and worse, back to the pain being so intense I feel faint and break out into a sweat. I'll let you guys know what happens.

And gosh, I hope this isn't something 'mysterious' where I'm just suppose to deal with it :) I have been in tears all morning, they won't give me anything for the pain and I'm pretty miserable!

LAURA, LAURA, LAURA!!!We're all worried about you. Sure hope they can figure this out and give you some relief.....you're in my prayers!!!

spacer.gif

Divide the weight loss by the starting weight and multiply the answer by 100.

Ex: Starting weight = 200, pounds lost = 5

5/200 = .025

.025*100 = 2.5%

I found a Q & A about this subject and this was the answer (I just did not wanna change my goal weight :)It already seems unattainable, why add misery?)

spacer.gif

Divide the weight loss by the starting weight and multiply the answer by 100.

Ex: Starting weight = 200, pounds lost = 5

5/200 = .025

.025*100 = 2.5%

I found a Q & A about this subject and this was the answer (I just did not wanna change my goal weight :thumbup: It already seems unattainable, why add misery?)

This sounds good to me. We'll use this. Done.

Poor Laura!! :)