Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

The PS I had my appt with does not accept insurance!! SO, I have to find one that does...I have 2 in mind. We'll see!

Well, I am feeling better Terry thanks to dear brother hah hah.

I am on hold right now with the clinic, STILL WAITING for someone to friggin call me back and get me some antibiotics at the very least.

They said the other doctor would have to get them for me, since he's the one that had me at the ER. But his office said he'd be done with surgeries at 1pm, and it's now 3:20pm. Call me back for crying out loud!!!!! It'll be 24 hours till antibiotics help anyway, why are they dragging their feet, they are so infuriating.

She just got back, said they are out of the loop, the ER doc has to call but their doc is friends with him, so they're going to call him and try to get him to call me back. Lovely!

Good news, I did get an appointment set up with a GP, so I will FINALLY have a doctor. April 7, so he can't help me with this (I pray I won't be dealing with this until then). No more of these idiotic clinics. This doc apparently is the doc for a lot of co-workers and 99% of them say good things.

Yay Tracy!

I am proud to say that I exercised this a.m.; that I have eaten ON PLAN all day (so far); and that I have consumed 67.6 oz of liquid (water & Arizona diet green tea).

Right NOW is the hardest part of the day for me. The kids are eating an early dinner as we have to leave @ 5:45 for ds's soccer practice, and won't be home 'til 8p or so... I am currently drinking a vanilla chai Protein shake... will take Water w/me to practice AND WILL walk for 30 mins at the field. No eating or drinking once I return home. Period.

This will be Day #1 of correct behavior for me. Phew!

I gotta say my lunch was as if I had no band. Normally lunch is small for me, as I'm pretty tight. I had DH go pick up german food since I didn't want to leave the office and miss doctor calling (what a waste!!).

I got the weiner schnitzel w/no-dressing coleslaw--surprisingly really good, never tried it before.. was cabbage with some sort of vinegar with bacon in it. I ate the ENTIRE weiner schnitzel. No problems whatsoever. Big bites. Then I ate most of the coleslaw. Never even felt my band..eek. Very weird. I was so hungry since yesterday had no food, we got a Krystal burger for me on the way home from the hospital, but it's so nasty I ate like 1 bite of it.. so today I wanted something yummy.

I'm drinking lots of Water today.. very thirsty, maybe from the pain meds. I'm on my 4th bottle of 16.9oz.

Laura hope you feel better and stay that way! I can't imagine how frustrating that must be!!

Came home from work early, went in and was busy, but then the day fell apart. Lots of vacations and spring breaks right now. My new fill Drs office called me today, when I made an appointment last time they told me Friday April 4th. They said he only sees band patients on the last friday of the month so they would have to reschedule me to April 25!! I said I really needed a fill, and was really looking forward to getting one next Friday. Does he have anything left this Friday, she said no. I complained more and she said let me talk to his nurse, and then she came back and said it won't hurt me to wait and that I just needed to watch what I ate til then!!! EASY FOR HER TO SAY!!!! I am just very very frustrated with the situation. I told her to keep me in mind for a cancellation and that I would call tomorrow and hope he has one!! I really don't want to wait another month. I can't imagine that he only does them once a month!!!

Oh well I can only hope that he gets a cancellation.

Jane

UUUGGG!!

Remind me again why I think it is important to finish this damn dissertation??? %^&$ is all I can say! I can't stand it anymore...no wonder I wanted to quit. THIS SUCKS!

And as I am typing away, I FINALLY get the call from the doctor (her secretary said, "oh you guys are playing phone tag." To which I reply, "no, I've tagged her 6 times and she has only tagged me once...her turn."). Anyway, I have a slightly enlarged uterus and a 1.6 nodule on my uterus. So, I have to have a biopsy as well as the ablation procedure. She is gonna do the biopsy and if it looks good, she will do the ablation. Prob is I am free 2 Fridays in the next 2 months...April 11 and May 23. ANYWAY...WHY AM I FINISHING A DISSERTATION AGAIN???????

Pam, because you're smart and sooooo close!!!

Thanks Janie...but if I were so smart, I would NOT be doing this on this vacation! ((hugs)) xoxoxoxo

Pamela - BECAUSE....thats why :)

Jane-if I could give you some of the fill I just got, I would. Sorry to hear that! I will keep my fingers crossed for a cancellation for you.

Laura-Lortabs are good pain meds. I am so glad that you got a primary doctor appt made. Family drs are so nice to have! I loathe clinics.

Tracy-good job so far on the water!

Michelle-good for you on doing well today being a model bandster :eek:

Terri-hi chickkie!

HELP........I need advice........

I may have made a huge mistake getting a fill. When I was having it done I was drinking a Protein Shake instead of Water to try out the restriction. Well, It seemed just right at the dr office. I came home and took a nap and when I woke up...it was difficult to even get water to go down. It is a little better right now. I just had some chicken Soup broth with no problem. How many days should I give it to settle before I freak out? Do you all think it could just be swollen for right now or something?

Tracy - my first fill i could drink Water but could not eat for 10 days. If you can't drink after 24 hrs you should go back. That is what my dr says.

I regret not letting him fill me to 1.5 I lost 15 then gained it back what a looser, and I know he is not going to give me another fill when i go back

Laura - i'm glad you are feeling a bit b etter but that is scary stuff

Terry - hope you are ok, that is just a tough situation.

Pam - I second what Jane said... because you are smart!

Tracy, I'd stick with warm fluids and mushies for as long as you think you need to...up to two weeks! My fills make me progressively tighter over that long of a period. Not this fill, but the one I had in September, was horrible at first and I kept irritating the hell out of it...which made it worse!!! This last fill I was prepared! I stayed on liquids and mushies (and small quantities!) for 2 full weeks and then I was fine introducing solids very slowly and carefully. I have a definite hard time getting cold fluids in in the morning...until I drink my coffee...then I'm ok.

Pam, never having done a dissertation (!), what is so sucky about it?? Gosh, just think how great you'll feel when you're done!! We'll all just call you Dr.P.! Woooo Hooo!!

Gruene Violets: I sent you all an email asking you to help me with a spreadsheet for travel arrangements. When you get a minute, please fill it in. Thanks!

Did it, Terry. I saw Janie on there, too! I'm so easily entertained by technology!!

I see you added your contest stats to your siggy, Terry... who is keeping the info/calculating the percentages, etc?? Are we weighing in weekly or just at the end?? When is the end? May 1? I obviously didn't read the fine print before I agreed to this! LOL! :) (love this "willy nilly" guy... it's so me!)

i can't get over this friggin cold... I feel like crap again. I went to work today but ended up coming home around noon. I slept most of the day. Had a bad fever when Juan came home. He came me some more sudafed and just now am starting to feel a little bit better... I've gotta shake off this crud ASAP. I'm going to be running my mom's business this weekend while she's out of town with my sister. It's hard work with yucky hours...

Laura - glad you're feeling better. When will you finally know what you had?

Shoot, I hope that the scale at least rewards me for being sick... I haven't weighed myself in a few days...

Okay, today I had a cup of egg drop Soup and a cup of bean soup. I'm sucking on a rainbow freeze pop right now.

Tracy - Dr. L doesn't take insurance? Weird... Who else are you looking at?

Ok, I'm gonna go check my emails then I'm off to bed... Everyone who is sickie I hope you feel better soon...