Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Here's my day..

B... 3 bites of ham salad

1 string cheese

L... 1/3 cup ham salad

1 pudding with SF whipped cream

Snack....1 Atkins Endulge bar

D....Couple of bites of bread stick with Brie and Prosciutto

1/4 order of Nachos Grande

66 oz. of Crystal light

15 mintues recumbent bike

10 mintues glider

20 mintues toning exercises in hot tub

Evening Violets!!

Our tv was delivered today about 5 p.m. We were waiting all day for it!! It's huge compared to what we had. The food commercials are like gimunguous!! Just what I need :biggrin:

We settled on a new car. We're getting a Buick LaCross loaded. Just have to wait for the buyer to bring us the money for the truck the end of this week. Wednesday we take the XM radio out of the truck and put it in my Aztek. The Buick comes with it already installed. It's not the Prius we had hoped for, but the cost of the payments on the Prius would be more than we would save in gas so we'll wait til it's my turn to get a new car and check them out again. I'm really happy with the Buick.

Just got in from the hot tub and ready to head to bed. My Pistons won and Ethan was a joy so it's been a really good day. Tomorrow is busy again.... hospital shift, bell choir and New Day Singers rehearsals. DD is coming for lunch so that will be a nice break in the day.

Everyone weigh in tomorrow morning and let the contest begin!!

Night all!!

Hi girls... I was so sick today. Fever, coughing, sore throat. Yuck... I just got out of bed for the first time today. We stayed out late last night at Juan's mom's house and when I got home I was just done. Just passed out. Feeling much better now though.

I'm in for the contest. I'm up right now cuz I'm on my period. I'm so bloated, my belly is huge right now. Should I count my weight now or the weight I was a few days ago?

Okay, this is what I ate today:

1/2 mashed potatoes for lunch

1 pint of vanilla ice cream for dinner

about 3 Liters of Water

wonderful food day, huh? The ice cream helped my throat!!

Hey V's, ya'll were about to my lifeline..

About 30 minutes ago, I woke up with such intense stomach pains, it was making me delusional. I turned ghostly white and broke out into sweats, and it hurt so bad, I could not walk right. I fell 2 times, and once hit my head on the floor.. both times, I was in such pain I did not even notice the fall!! I finally got to the toilet and I swear I thought I was about to die. I had bad diarhea, I had grabbed my cell phone. I am one of those people that only go to the doc if I have to.. and the rating of the pain I was in, I was full ready to call 911 and have an ambulance come haul me away...never come to that conclusion before. I have honestly never felt pain this bad in my stomach!! Or anywhere for that matter.

My mind was racing with what to do.. I thought I'd call a V to keep me sane. DH takes 30 minutes to wake up and I needed to talk to someone! After the diarhea the intense pain went away..so I took an immodium and started a bath. I texted my mom, who was awake and then we talked, I told her what was going on, she said maybe it's appendicitis.. I got out of the tub, it reduced down to just being sore. She was talking about how she doesn't know what the band does, maybe it twisted my intestines, etc. Pain is no where near my band and I do not think it has anything to do with it. But the pain is starting to come back, nothing like it was, but I'm more than just sore now. I'm going to go try to go back to sleep now since none of ya'll are awake. If anyone has any ideas what this could be, let me know! Hopefully, it doesn't get like it was again.. or I'm going to go to the hospital!

Weight for the contest...as much as I hate to admit this...182 this morning:scared2: BUT i have nobody to blame but me. Good news is I do not want to start smoking again just to lose the weight I gained That would be a dumb move on my part since I am doing so well.

I did really well with eating yesterday until the chocolate shake from DQ last night. Like I said, its my own fault. I can't use the excuse that I do not know what to do about it cause that would be a total lie. It is just doing it that I am having trouble with.

Good morning violets-

Laura-I hope you are better this morning! I have no clue as to what might be wrong except for maybe a stomach flu? Hope you are better.

Haydee-hope you feel better today as well. Poor thing!

I saw a horrific wreck yesterday on my way to work. A lady was going northbound in the southbound lanes and she clipped up to 6 cars before she actually hit head on with a truck. The truck driver was taken to the hospital with just a broken nose (he had angels with him cause that truck looked horrible) and the lady had to be life flighted to the hospital. She is still alive right now (I think). When I drove past I almost threw my guts up. It was the 2nd worst wreck that I have ever seen. The WORST one was a wreck that an old man died in and his little dog was thrown from the truck and was dead too. We got there before the police did and I never want to go through something like that again. The other car was literally in half. One peice on one side of the highway and the other peice on the other side. There were 2 older ladies in the car and how they were both alive I will never know. They had angels with them too!

Anywho...everyone have a great day today!

PAMELA.....who won the veto and did they use it?

Laura -- Never, never hesitate to call 911 if you need to. That's what they are there for and that's what your tax dollars pay for. It's YOUR service! It is always better to err on the side of caution! Yes, you definitely need to see a doctor today. You might have an intestinal blockage or something similar. And yes, you should have called one of us.... anytime day or night...you know that!

My official weight today is 181.6 for the contest. I'll record them today and pass them all on to Laura...our official statistician!

Tracyk -- Sorry about your commuting story...that's very upsetting. :biggrin:

Haydee -- Ew! What's up with you girl?? Hope you're feeling better! I'd shave a pound or two off for your starting weight...but that's up to you...whatever you think is fair. We trust you!

Weight for contest....... 189.4!!!!!!! (today of all days it chooses to drop) :biggrin: but I have to admit I was EXCITED to see it!

Morning girls

I'm weighing in at 208 this morning. How depressing

I am going to start tomorrow but try hard to be good today. We are having a social gathering today, which was planned days ago. Making Greens N Beans today, which is not bad but, have not had it in months so don't know how it might make me bloat. I am making nacho's and enchaladas today too

I found a very easy high Protein enchalada, i'm so excited about that, it is going to become a part of my life.

I am going back to having my ice cream every night - it was very satisfying to me and the eddy's sugar free is not bad, 110 cals and protein - and i was eating a serving every day when i was loosing regularly

Tracy - I saw a horrible accident a couple years ago, an 11 year old was crossing the busy road and was hit and his poor body was in ways that you shouldn't be able to go. He was killed. His mother was screaming down the road, it was just horrible.

Laura - OMG hoe you are feeling better. there is horrible stomach things going on

Morning ladies. Feeling a little better today. Still severly congested, trying to cough out all the crud in my chest and in my sinuses.

I'm gonna use the weight on my ticker. 233. I was at that a few days ago before I started my period. Right now I'm at 235...

Laura - how are you feeling this morning? Like Terry said, you're more than welcome to call me at anytime. Are you going to the doctor today?

Hopefully my fever doesn't come back today. I'm at work and there's paper piles all over my desk. Yuck... It's a monday to me...

Good Morning, Violets..

I slept in late today, but I always feel tired after having Ethan for the day!! lol

LAURA!! How are you feeling today??? YES, I agree with Terry.. you should have called 911. That much pain is not normal! My DD had severe pain in her stomach several times and if it had not been for her DH being a P.A., she said she definitely would have called 911. She's had test after test after test and they can't find out what causes it. It only happens rarely, but when it does, it's excruciating pain she says.

My official weight for this morning is the ticker weight. 170# with a goal weight of 150# The Bobster's weight is 246# with a goal weight of 220#. Let the contest begin!! I'm pumped!!!

Haydee.. glad you're feeling better. Those spring colds are buggers.

Speaking of SPRING... it's snowing here right now. arghhhhhhhhh We were under a winter weather advisory last night. Supposed to get 2-5 inches with blowing snow. We have an inch or so and it's still snowing and blowing so it will be an interesting day.

I have my hospital shift today, then DD is coming for lunch, then two rehearsals this afternoon. No rest for the weary.

Everyone have a good day on day one of the contest!!

Oh, speaking of goal weights for the contest... To make it fair I'm adjusting mine to a more reasonable goal of 152, rather than 165. 165 is more like a "personal" goal. According to the tables, 152 is my "ideal" body weight.

Better Ideal Weight Body Calculations

Wish Laura would check in! i called and left a message about an hour ago.

Ok.. According to that table my ideal goal weight would be 145# and the Bobster's would be 215# so let's go with those numbers instead.

I'm off to the hospital. it's STILL snowing.. yuck!!

Good Tuesday Morn, Vi's~~

Ok... my weight today for the contest is... 244.6...ugh. I NEED THIS CONTEST!! It will help me stay accountable. & power me through the "won't"-power times!!

My 1st major goal has always been 197... -120 from pre-op weight... then I was -- AM -- going to re-evaluate from there... so I don't know what you want to use as my goal number... whatever you decide is fine. Maybe to make it easier, we should just use % of current weight lost, like they do on Biggest Loser? Then "goal" wt doesn't come into play. So I'd start @244.6 and if I lost 2.5 lbs that'd be 1% lost... etc...???

Laura... I'm worried about you!!!

Maybe to make it easier, we should just use % of current weight lost, like they do on Biggest Loser? Then "goal" wt doesn't come into play. So I'd start @244.6 and if I lost 2.5 lbs that'd be 1% lost... etc...???

This makes more sense that way we do not have to change our goal weights:thumbup:

Yeah.. I didn't know we were supposed to post goals...... YIKES!

I don't do well with long term goals.... I always sabotage myself with them..... since I hit 189 today.. my next short term goal is 179.....