Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

OMG. Between March Madness and the opening of baseball season I am going to LOSE MY MIND!!!! My DH is quite talkative anyway, (and I'm kinda quiet...gee, wonder why) but I get sports updates and highlights 2-3x a day!! I don't care about sports!!! Not in the slightest!!!! You'd think DH would know that after all these years. AAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! And baseball is just beginning!! The man is a baseball FREAK. Its gonna be a very long summer.

I love him anyway.

Terri-I am a baseball freak too...so on the trip I will keep you updated on the scores & highlights:biggrin::sad: By the way...you are thinking what I was thinking about having lunch the day of our ps consults! Great minds think alike.

Michelle-could you describe the box of cream a little more LOL. :rolleyes2:

Kat-glad you are feeling a little better. You will be back to normal in no time (I use that term 'normal' loosely):w00t: :unsure:

Suzie-ribs in the crockpot?! YUM!

DH worked last night so me and macy are going to try to stay away from the house today so he can get some sleep. I am gonna bring her to see Horten Hears A Who....then maybe to play at chuck e cheese if its raining. If it isn't raining we will go to a park and run & play.:teeth_smile:

Have a great day evryone! (today is my 2 week no smoking anniversary:biggrin2:)

Kat, was great to wake up this morning to find you feeling alot better. Still keeping you in my prayers. And thanks for sharing the information about getting stopped up. Never know what might happen in the future.

Tracy, Woohoo. 2 weeks. Congrats. Hubby is going thru his PMS stage right now. I threatened to get him some Midol. He said several times he almost grabbed for a cig. He's 11 days smoke free.

The only weird thing I can think of that I do ritually is I have to have my bottle of apple juice every morning. Even take them on vacations with us. I'm sure I have one or 2 more, just can't think of them right now. Does shopping at wal-mart just ONCE a month count?

We have a retirement party to go to today. It starts at 1pm and goes to 11pm. ?????? That's a long party. We will probably go around 3 and stay for a few hours.

Everyone have a great day.

post-214709-13813136765109_thumb.jpg

Terri, I have some very sad news for you. I am a huge baseball fan. Hubby and I spend hours sitting on the deck listening to the "Boys in Blue" losing. I even have one of those foam finger things I wear. Even though I grew up at Dodger Stadium and they are my first love, I'm still a huge Royals fan.

I too will keep you posted on scores. :teeth_smile:

Go Royals, Go Royals, Go Royals.

post-214709-1381313676521_thumb.jpg

Don't want to go to work today!!!!

Terry he does fills one day a MONTH!! The fourth Friday of the month for 2 hours!!! The only problem with a fill center is I have already paid for the first two years of Dr.s appointments and fills, but when I get home from work tonight I will google fill centers and see if there is one in St. Louis. I finally figured out I am being a big baby about all this.

Susie, love the sig thingy!! I loved Bewitched growing up. I remember I asked my dad when I was little who the most beautiful woman was (he should have said my mom or ME) but he said Elizabeth Taylor, well I knew the girls name on Bewitched was Elizabeth so I thought my dad thought she was the most beautiful woman on earth! My dad is a great guy by the way even if he did give the wrong answer!!

Well I am avoiding the unavoidable, off to hop in shower!!

Jane

Yeah, but you don't understand....I get play by plays....highlights from every game he watches. This isn't just one team. You get in the car and the games are on the radio. You go in his study and the games are on. And I get highlights on all of it. I DO NOT CARE!!! Do I give him details about every single piece of jewelry I make or bead I buy....for an hour a day?? NO!!! But I might just start!!!:teeth_smile::cursing::rolleyes2::cursing::unsure::cursing:

Don't want to go to work today!!!!

Terry he does fills one day a MONTH!! The fourth Friday of the month for 2 hours!!! The only problem with a fill center is I have already paid for the first two years of Dr.s appointments and fills,....

Well, tell him you want your damn money back!!! That'll get his attention! (NOT)

Suzie - Who the heck are the Bewitched Banders??? Where is your loyalty??? LOL

Laura~ I want an expensive one too!:teeth_smile:

Susie~ Like the siggy thingy.

Off to Los Alamitos!

Oh yeah...no OCD...but I am sure I can develop one/some if I try hard enough.

xoxoxox

Good Saturday Morn, Vi's~~

Hmmm... so many folks do have "quirks"... perfectly normal, right? lol. I asked because I just discovered that my dd feels compelled to do certain things, for instance, last night she kept turning on & off the light in my car, and I was like, "Stop it!" and she said, "I have to do it once with each finger." and that's how we got into a discussion of it... it's little things, but still a bit disconcerting to me. I'm going to call her doc on Monday about it. I looked up OCD on the Net and the descriptions there are much more severe than she's showing... but I definitely think it's something. Like if she clicks the computer mouse w/one finger, she has to do it w/the other, etc... a bit scary as a Mom... I admit I was pretty freaked out inside, but remained cool, calm, and collected on the outside. She started to cry and said it bothered her... :teeth_smile: It's not rituals or handwashing or anything like that. Or thoughts. And it's not interfering w/her school or hobbies. It seems like she does it, or at least notices doing it, when her mind isn't engaged/when she's bored... when she's occupied w/school or sports she says she doesn't do it. Of course, these things always tend to pop up when dh is out of town. I called him & told him about it, but he seems to think that I'm juming to conclusions and making more out of it than needs to be. But I don't want to do nothing and have it get worse. <shrug>:confused2:

I'm glad that at least the fever is gone. I was going to call her later on today. That sucks that she can't go to the ER to get an unfill done.

OH, my sister just got out of surgery. She's officially banded!! She's in a little pain and kinda groggy. She'll be in the nurse's observation area for two hours and then she'll be moved to her private room. I'll keep ya'll updated with her progess...

Hi Haydee,

I'm so happy for your sister. My sister was banded a year and a half before me. After I saw her success I knew it was time for me to get banded. And to think I was worried about the scar it would leave on my stomach and not the extra 100 pounds I needed to lose. It was nice to have her there with me at surgery. You'll be able to support each other through your weight loss journey. :teeth_smile:

Sonya

Oh, and in the interest of full disclosure... the only thing like that that I can think of that I do is that I PREFER (don't HAVE to tho) get out of bed when the last number on the clock is either a 0 or a 5... if I miss one of those, then if I can, I wait 'til the next one... but if I don't have the time, then I will get out of bed at whatever minute... but I do prefer the 0/5 mornings.

That's really all I can think of.

Oh, and coming here first & last thing each day! :teeth_smile:

Morning gals

Terry - i'm with you... I like football but can take it or leave it.. I'm in NY so you know Baseball season is like here? It is insane and I don't care either way, just give my my float and my pool and an ice cold drink and i'm good.

Judy, wow, I would maybe suggest her talking to someone but.... it is hard, my mom is back and trying to control my life and tell me what to do and how to do it and it is making me insane. Not saying you are oing that. I guess hearing what you are saying brings a little light to the huge fight i got in with my mom last night when she was telling me i was doing things all wrong with everything i do.

I'm going to get ready to go to Denny's for Breakfast, I don't know why but just thought about Shoney's.... mmmmmmmmmmm I could so go for that place right now.. oh... and Cherry Blossom Fest in Washington this weekend... Michelle we are on our way to visit. LOL only kidding - and then we are going to get dd's hair cut. it is so beautiful but she wants to take a couple inches off and get some layers. she has my pre surgery hair

catch ya'll later

I separate the colors of my m&ms and eat them by group color...when I get to eat them that is...

Good morning, Violets..

I love, love, LOVE sleeping in til 9 a.m!! When I was working I was up at 4:30 a.m. each and every weekday morning so that I could have my quiet time before leaving for work at 6 a.m. When I arrived home at 5 p.m. there was always church stuff and rehearsal stuff and laundry and things like that so there was really no quiet time for me. Now I have all the quiet time I want, unless Ethan is here of course!

Kat.. SOOOOOOOO glad to hear you're on the road to recovery. Helps us to remember that even 2 years out, the band is still there doing it's job and reminding us that it can still get stopped up. so glad you didn't have to drive hours and hours for relief.

Haydee... congrats to your sister on her surgery! The family that bands together, gets thin together!

Terry.... I'm a basketball fanatic. I have to get my Piston's fix every week. If I'm not watching it on tv, I'm following it online and yes, each and every play is important.

Baseball........ not so much. lol Cept my Detroit Tigers are finally getting good the last couple of years so it's exciting again. I quit watching baseball when the strike happened and never got back into it.

Michelle.. wouldn't hurt to get your DD checked out. Just to put her mind at ease as well as yours. And yes, I'm addicted to lapbandtalk.com too. First thing in the morning, last thing at night.

TracyK... congrats on your two weeks of non-smoking. I'm PROUD of you!!

We're off to Home Depot to pick up paint and some wood trim. Then it will be time to start stripping wallpaper in this room and get it ready to paint. arghhhhhhhhh

Everyone have a great day!! Pamela.. have a safe trip.