Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Terry

I'm in.... and I will post tonight what I ate. I have been a mess for the last week and need to get it together. I realized today my next appt is the day after my bandiversary, so if nothing else I need to get these 10lbs gone - which i'm sure wll be gone by Friday if I can be good.

Off to get some groceries so i can be good. I'm going to make chicken tortilla Soup tonight and tomorrow I'm going to make greens n' Beans, man I love that stuff, high Fiber and protein.... and mmmmmmmmmmm so good

Tracy - I'm so sorry, did you try chewing gum or something???

OK, let's start the official contest in 2 days (March 26)...

Any ideas on how to make it 'fair'??

Laura, if i win that will be prize enough for me!!!

Tracy,

Those munchies are a quit-killer AND a pound-putter-onner. That's the biggest battle of all, if you ask me! The best suitable substitute is ....yes...exercise. UGH!!!!!!!

To make it fair.. take amount loss % compared to how much they are to goal. That way if someone is 60lbs or 10lbs from goal, it's fair. :)

If I lose 6lbs and my goal is 180 and I'm at 232, the percentage lost would be 11%. If someone's goal is 150, and they are 170 and lose 6lbs they are at 30% loss and would win in this scenerio. :wub:)

I say we start it tomorrow morning. Everybody weigh first thing in the morning and post and then we all start the contest.

Any suggestions as to what exercise to do sitting on my as* at work?

Terri-All you can really do is have everyone post their weight on the morning that the contest starts....right? I am in too. Judy and Lauras ideas are GOOD!!!

Jenn-I am chewing gum. My jaws are starting to hurt...lol

I am just going crazy and need to vent. Maybe I should start a blog and vent there to spare all of you!

I think that Laura has the right idea. Because I can lose more weight than any of you, because I still have so much to go, so that wouldn't be fair. So Laura can you be the official % person?? I am a hairdresser not an actuary!!

By the way the sun is gone!

Ok Thinner me and allaboutmefl. We see you guys peeking in all the time. Come and join us. You'll like it here. I guarantee it. Tell us all about yourselves.

Hi Suzie and Terri, Thanks for the invite. I check your thread all the time and find you are a very motivating group. About me... My surgery was done in July. Last week I finally made it half way to my goal. Yeah! :wub: I live in Florida. My sister and aunt have both been banded. After seeing their success I decided it was time for me to go for it. I wish I had done it years ago. I'll post more later.

Sonya

Any suggestions as to what exercise to do sitting on my as* at work?
Kegels? :wub:

Yup, everyone post your numbers tomorrow and I'll keep it written down, and re-check it at the end date and figure the %. Make sure when you post your weight tomorrow, you also post your 'goal', so I can get the % figured out :wub:)

We're going to Olive Garden tonight (all the fam) for a late Easter dinner.< /p>

I am the official planner, so I was calling everyone to invite.. my poor Granny.. She is in her 70's but acted 40..till her room mate died last year. She has gone down hill really quick, her dementia and a new obsession with gold (ugh) has gone nutso. When her room mate died-- who was a million times worse than conspiracy theory guy in that movie-- he had gold & silver hidden all over the house & yard. Now my granny watches gold prices all day, every day. Making notes. Going to the pawn shop and causing scenes. We keep trying to get her to sell it just so she will quit obsessing.. and she is crazy obsessing about it!!! Anyway I invited her to OG, and she starts talking about how I need to have kids before she dies. I know it's a weird thing to say, but I've always kept that in consideration.

Of all my family, my granny has been the closest in our lives. She's in everything, she's always been active.. it's really frustrating to watch her go down hill lately. I want her to know my kids, I want my kids to have known her. I was telling mom about the conversation, and my mom was saying how it'd be sad if she wasn't here to know my kids, but it'd be even more sad if her alheizmer's/dementia is full blown when I have kids and she doesn't know who they are. My granny is one of those people I just can't imagine losing at this point. She's such a big part of our lives. Apparently me having kids has been on her mind a lot lately, my mom had a 'puke bag' set up in her living room from (I don't remember what she said), and my granny was asking her if I was pregnant lol.

I will do a second prize of hair stuff!!!

Thanks for the GREAT IDEA TERRY

Thanks to the mathmetician LAURA!!

So do we start tomorrow or Wednesday!!

Love the Kegels!!

I vote for tomorrow morning. Why wait???

And BTW... the Bobster wants to join in the contest too. He said he'd love a silver necklace.:wink::tongue2: However if he does happen to win, could there be some kinda guy jewelry?? If he won the necklace you know I'd end up with it and that wouldn't be fair.