Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Thanks, and thanks for replying :). I was beginning to wonder if this was a closed group or if I was invisible. Maybe the rest of ya'all have been posting here awhile and it takes a while to get accepted?

Let me introduce myself. Im in Texas and Im 58, so in this age bracket too.

WELCOME FLOWERS! I am in Texas too. Pearland , Tx....just south of Houston. Girl, jump on in. I am sorry you felt ignored. There are a few veteran lap-banders on this thread and can give you alot of tips and advice. I am learning too.

WELCOME FLOWERS! I am in Texas too. Pearland , Tx....just south of Houston. Girl, jump on in. I am sorry you felt ignored. There are a few veteran lap-banders on this thread and can give you alot of tips and advice. I am learning too.

Im up northeast of Dallas, so not too far from you. I have this thread bookmarked, thanks. Sounds like my car isnt too far from you. I was parked in Galveston during Ike and on the Carnival Conquest, and they towed it to IAH towing, which I hear is near the Houston airport. Havent seen my car since before Ike. So I was absentia for a few weeks from these threads when I was totally stressing out over my car. Im back now.

It also looks like I got my band a little before you, Im also a July Butterfly, 7/9.

Hope you are doing well, its lovely up here today. Unless someone has a magic wand to make the weight just dissapear, I guess Im ok, just impatient.

Im up northeast of Dallas, so not too far from you. I have this thread bookmarked, thanks. Sounds like my car isnt too far from you. I was parked in Galveston during Ike and on the Carnival Conquest, and they towed it to IAH towing, which I hear is near the Houston airport. Havent seen my car since before Ike. So I was absentia for a few weeks from these threads when I was totally stressing out over my car. Im back now.

It also looks like I got my band a little before you, Im also a July Butterfly, 7/9.

Hope you are doing well, its lovely up here today. Unless someone has a magic wand to make the weight just dissapear, I guess Im ok, just impatient.

I hope your car did not get damaged.

Yep, I was kinda hoping this would be easier too. My doctor said with exercise and a little hard work I would be successful. I am walking everyday, and it does help. I am getting my 4th fill on the 20th and boy do I need it. I can eat more than a cup of food. I just have to practice self-control and stop. It is frustrating. I just wish I would get a full feeling.

sorry flowers, didn't mean to make you feel unwelcome!

I feel so bad for everyone who is having problems right after surgery. I was so lucky. I really would not have been able to tell I had surgery if I didn't see the little marks were not all over my tummy.

I am having problems with acid reflux in the middle of the night. It freaks me out. Something starts to come up while I am sound asleep.

I have been taking my medications earlier and trying not to eat anything after dinner and that helps. My #$$%% doctor was no help at all. He just gave me nexium and said not to worry about it. I would like to have a test to make sure everything is alright in there. I am not even sure what test I am supposed to ask for. I will have to wait until the first of the year now though because I have a $1,000 deductible.

People did not notice that I lost weight in the beginning either. I was too cheap to go out and buy new clothes until my clothes were just about falling off of me. When I had clothes that fit me, that is when people noticed.

Good afternoon. It is drizzly and cold out here today, fall or winter has arrived. scale is moving downward at a great pace but am getting myself prepared for it to stop again. I lose great, then slow, then lose again. One more pound til 75 and a new Coach wallet to match that purse I got for 50. We may be driving past the outlet on Monday and if we do, I might go ahead and get it since it's an hour away from me.

Flowers, what kind of rash do you have? I had gall bladder surgery 2 mos. after my lapband. After the gall bladder surgery I got a rash in my incisions. I was miserable and it took a few weeks to clear up. They determined it was 'allergic dermatitis' and I had an RX strength Benedryl to take at night and something else for daytime. Weird thing is, I didn't get the rash the first time after banding so why would I be allergic the 2nd time? Maybe my immune system was still weak from 2 surgeries in 2 mos.

I hope your car did not get damaged. I am walking everyday, and it does help. .

I knew on the ship my car would go underwater, thats why I was freaking and stessed out. Bought it brand new from the dealer. Ruined the cruise for me plus I took two disabled pax, my sister and her friend who was on a huge walker that I had to deal with when the ship dumped us on the curb in New Orleans, and neither of them could help me.

Allstate said the Water came over my dash on the car, but the towing company sent the garage door opener on the visor, and they said it looked like it had been underwater. I havent seen the car, and the wheels of Allstate grind exceedingly slow, more stress. So, there could be multiple reasons for my rash that was spreading. I also dont have any insurance, but paid a dermatologist monday and he gave me some medications, he wasnt for sure what the rash cause was either, could have been stress. Truely, I was freaking for a couple of weeks over my car going under Water and if I had to get down there and try to start it or should I drive down there to get my CDs out of the car, would they wash off and still be ok? The cruise parking started charging storage fees, after an extra week, when the tow company still hadnt towed it, more stress. Finally making headway to getting a settlement with Allstate, but of course out of the blue trying to decide what car to buy (got a Nissan Versa), its been like a job with daily input trying to move Allstate faster along.

I know, I know, there are other people affected by Ike as Allstate keeps reminding me. Doesnt mean I wasnt stressed (Im a worrier anyway), so thats my excuse why I was banded before some of you, but I see many of you lost 40 lbs already. I feel like Im behind, and reminding myself the turtle can still finish the race.

I was walking every day like you, up to 4 miles a day until the rash and my cruise. Im just getting back to it and looking to get the weight loss going again. I needed to get my head back in place. Time to get back to normal and my diet.

Flowers, what kind of rash do you have? I had gall bladder surgery 2 mos. after my lapband. After the gall bladder surgery I got a rash in my incisions.

Good question. I was using mederma and also trying to put zinc oxide creme on them, then monday I got stronger creme from the dermatologist I got on my biggest incision and the one next to it and they turned bright red, and inflamed half a inch around them. Im thinking the creme was too strong for the half healed incisions, so Im leaving them alone now and on antibiotics, they look better, but Im not putting mederma on them right now until they are not red around the incision. My entire breasts were inflamed and bright red, then it started on my abdomen too, in addition to what happened to my lapband incisions. I was a mess. Imagine showing a doctor your breasts and fat abdomen, I was so embarrased, but it had to be done to get help last Monday.

I dont know you might have developed something the second surgery?? I dont know why you had trouble the second time, couldnt find many answers with google when I tried to find out rashes, its a mystery. I hope you are better too.

Does anyone take Probiotics? I've always taken them but now the pills are too big. Are there smaller ones out there?

Can you use a pill cutter on them??

I knew on the ship my car would go underwater, thats why I was freaking and stessed out. Bought it brand new from the dealer. Ruined the cruise for me plus I took two disabled pax, my sister and her friend who was on a huge walker that I had to deal with when the ship dumped us on the curb in New Orleans, and neither of them could help me.

Allstate said the Water came over my dash on the car, but the towing company sent the garage door opener on the visor, and they said it looked like it had been underwater. I havent seen the car, and the wheels of Allstate grind exceedingly slow, more stress. So, there could be multiple reasons for my rash that was spreading. I also dont have any insurance, but paid a dermatologist monday and he gave me some medications, he wasnt for sure what the rash cause was either, could have been stress. Truely, I was freaking for a couple of weeks over my car going under Water and if I had to get down there and try to start it or should I drive down there to get my CDs out of the car, would they wash off and still be ok? The cruise parking started charging storage fees, after an extra week, when the tow company still hadnt towed it, more stress. Finally making headway to getting a settlement with Allstate, but of course out of the blue trying to decide what car to buy (got a Nissan Versa), its been like a job with daily input trying to move Allstate faster along.

I know, I know, there are other people affected by Ike as Allstate keeps reminding me. Doesnt mean I wasnt stressed (Im a worrier anyway), so thats my excuse why I was banded before some of you, but I see many of you lost 40 lbs already. I feel like Im behind, and reminding myself the turtle can still finish the race.

I was walking every day like you, up to 4 miles a day until the rash and my cruise. Im just getting back to it and looking to get the weight loss going again. I needed to get my head back in place. Time to get back to normal and my diet.

Wow! What a cruise. I saw the cars on TV. They were smashed together when the surge went over them. Then to get dumped in New Orleans without help. Sounds like quite a trip. Most of the fences and roofs in our neighborhood were damaged, but we only lost a shingle.

You are doing good. I counted my pre-op weight loss so it seems like more since my surgery. Every ounce counts on this journey.

I hope your rash improves. Maybe anxiety over this car thing started it. It would give me a rash.

hey flowers

welcome. sometimes it seems like it takes forever to get a response. everyone on here is here to help.

i don't know if any of you guys have tried this but, i really don't like vanilla drinks so i put a few drops of flavoring in my drink. i've tried maple and rootbeer, they are really good.

Hi Katy... I had the pain in my left shoulder also... My doc explained it as phantom pain. He said the body knows it has something going on.. so it hurts.. in the shoulder. When the doc touched the shoulder, it didn't hurt at all. The explaination of gas makes sense also.. that's interesting.

Can you use a pill cutter on them??

Hi Flowers,

The pills I have and have had are in capsule form. Not sure if I can open them and empty them in glass of Water or not. I'm thinking, not.

Thanks.

Hi Pati,

You probably know this already but when they did your surgery they had to see what they were doing so they had to blow your stomach up with air. When they're done they stitch you up and the air/gas is still there and has nowhere to go but throughout your body. Right after surgery mine ended up in both my shoulders and boy it was painful. It was hard to breath even. They tell me to walk, walk, walk, and that will cause the gas to dissipate. It takes about 3-6 days to go away. I'm hoping anyway. I just had surgery Tuesday and it went from my shoulders to my stomach back to my shoulders and is now only in my stomach. Can't wait till it's gone. I've lost 17 lbs but don't look it at all because of the gas. This too shall pass.

Welcome Flowers !! :thumbup:

So sorry to hear about your cruise and damage to your car. That is so sad.

Where are you located? I'm in Grand Prairie, which is in Dallas County.

Who is your Dr?