Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

sorry flowers, didn't mean to make you feel unwelcome!

I feel so bad for everyone who is having problems right after surgery. I was so lucky. I really would not have been able to tell I had surgery if I didn't see the little marks were not all over my tummy.

I am having problems with acid reflux in the middle of the night. It freaks me out. Something starts to come up while I am sound asleep.

I have been taking my medications earlier and trying not to eat anything after dinner and that helps. My #$$%% doctor was no help at all. He just gave me nexium and said not to worry about it. I would like to have a test to make sure everything is alright in there. I am not even sure what test I am supposed to ask for. I will have to wait until the first of the year now though because I have a $1,000 deductible.

People did not notice that I lost weight in the beginning either. I was too cheap to go out and buy new clothes until my clothes were just about falling off of me. When I had clothes that fit me, that is when people noticed.

My doctor said the same thing about the acid reflux and I thought " If only you could feel what it's like you wouldn't be so blas'e about it".

I've been reading on Google about Wrong food Combinations being a cause of severe reflux and have asked on this thread if anyone has any information about this but no one has replied.

Katydid, I think no one is responding because no one has the information you need. I'm really concerned because you have been vomiting so much. Please call your doctor Monday (it's Sunday night here, but already Monday where you are - right?). A little reflux is one thing, but continuing problems and the vomiting is more than just a little reflux. If it's food combinations or whatever, the doctor is the one that should be advising you. He needs to investigate this further, please be persistent about your care.

Please take care and keep us posted. You are in my prayers.

I am 53 and had my band on january 17, 2008, i have been struggling the last 2 months. no weight lost. any comments:tongue2::):tongue2::seeya::):blink:

Katydid, I think no one is responding because no one has the information you need. I'm really concerned because you have been vomiting so much. Please call your doctor Monday (it's Sunday night here, but already Monday where you are - right?). A little reflux is one thing, but continuing problems and the vomiting is more than just a little reflux. If it's food combinations or whatever, the doctor is the one that should be advising you. He needs to investigate this further, please be persistent about your care.

Please take care and keep us posted. You are in my prayers.

Thankyou for your kind comments JoannMarie. I keep thinking that it's something I'm doing wrong to cause it. I have an appointment with my surgeon next week so I'm going to lay it on him rather heavily that this is not right and see what he says. He is very hard to get in to see. He suggested that no more abdominal operations be done after the last op because of the state of my innards, so I know he's not keen to go in again. Thanks again.

I am 53 and had my band on january 17, 2008, i have been struggling the last 2 months. no weight lost. any comments:tongue2::):tongue2::seeya::):blink:

What are you eating? Are you exercising?

I get the Probiotics at a local health food store. It's not a chain.

It's called Intestinal Care DF. The label says Ethical Nutrients. I am not sure which one of those is the brand but if you go to a health food store, I am sure they would have something similar.

Go back to the beginning. Have you gone on the pouch test? I think it is somewhere on LBT. I know I got it from phyllser. She posts on this thread.

flowers,

where do you find the SF syrups? since i'm post op i'm going to ask the dietician tomorrow if it's ok to use the flavorings. 10 days left one the liquid diet. it is going better than i thought it would. i try to stay home and away from food!! :)

i only get 2 shakes a day instead of the normal 4. i have to divide them into 4 meals. i put them in a blender with ice and splenda and it makes a lot more. i'm afraid to drink too much broth because of the salt in it. i'm afaid it will cause me to retain Fluid.< /p>

i really don't have much of a problem until about 5 o'clock, then i get hungry bad. i've also been eating sf popsicles and juice bars. they make me feel like i'm actually eating because i get to bite them. ha ha

i am so tired and i want to sleep a lot. i only get dizzy when i bend over. i guess sleeping is good, when i'm sleeping i'm not eating.

I'm a new user. I know this group will be more helpful to me. Thanks for the info like "this is a tool not the cure" and "exercise is key". I switched from wanting the gastric by-pass to the lap band and joined this site for support and info. I will start the long journey all over again since changing insurance companies.

One question is: Is anyone on medications that might slow down or hamper normal weight loss expectations. We sometime have arthritis, diabetes, high blood pressure, pains requiring pain killers, etc. How do we manage that after surgery?

winsprettywomen

i will be having my surgery OCT. 22. i am on about 14 medications. from the way my dr. talks, i will probably be off most of them when i have my surgery. this was my 4th day on my post op 14 day diet and i haven't had to take any insulin since i started.

I get the probiotics at a local health food store. It's not a chain.

It's called Intestinal Care DF. The label says Ethical Nutrients. I am not sure which one of those is the brand but if you go to a health food store, I am sure they would have something similar.

Are the liquid probiotics = Yakult, in the dairy section of the supermarkets any good?

I've been having to walk to the shops for the past two weeks as my car is still in the smash repairers, and I'm quite enjoying it now, except when I get carried away and have to lug lots of shopping home.

This morning I had a wonderful surprise, the scales said 85.5kg (down from 112kg) so I've lost another 1.5kg. I thought the ruddy scales were never going to move again. Yabbadabbadoo!!!!!:)

I am new to this thread and am looking forward to sharing the experience with others. I am scheduled for surgery on October 22, 2008. My countdown has begun! I am encouraged by the people who have done so well. Seeing before and after pictures keep me motivated.