Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Lori and Apples - Congratulations! You two are inspirations!

Lori, just my preference, but I think I (personally) would wait and make that leather jacket my goal reward. If it fits you now, it will be too big very soon. I don't think leather jackets are easily altered... Just my 2cents. How 'bout your earlier comment about the diamond studs? You know, the 75th anniversary is diamonds - does that count for 75 pounds, too? (it would in my book!)

I love seeing you reward yourself! Do you remember when your reward for special occasions was food? Along with your solace for hurt feelings, comfort for a stressful day, company for loneliness, etc., etc. What a difference hard work and the band have made in your life. It is great to have goals, and even better when you reward the accomplishment of those goals. You go, Girl!

The leather coat self-present made me think about devising my own rewards (some day)

I don't even have a date yet but I'm daydreaming about what little celebration rituals I want to have after the surgery and while the pounds are going bye-bye!

I continually wear the same baggy, stained, shapeless, aged, colorless, I-hate-my-body clothing.

As I sit here I'm looking down at my peach "L" (men's) t-shirt with my signature stain dead center, and faded green elastic waist shorts (too-many summers to count).

I plan to get rid of one dreary item for each pound lost.

When I have 10 pieces accumulated - to the BONFIRE! ;)

A friend of ours burns his trash regularly and I told him I want a mini-ritual when the time comes.

(not to worry - good condition large size items go to charity, and I have a veritable attic full of "can't wear anymore" and "somedays")

Other than buying a well-deserved clothing item - anyone else develop a quirky self-rewarding ceremony?? :regular_smile:

Elayne, just be sure to set interim goals and reward yourself when they are accomplished. It does not have to be expensive stuff, just something you want or would like to do. A spa day? A play or concert? Jewelry or accessory? Even a new hairstyle? I am also thinking about the final goal accomplishment - kinda thinking about a trip DH and I may take... (in my new leather jacket...)

Congrats on the 75# lost, Long. Isn't every milestone just a lot of fun and encouragement to get to where you want to be? You've done so well.

I was able to hit goal this morning. 106# gone. Feels wonderful. I could just cry when I think about how I felt about myself a year ago. That's all behind me now and time to live life that I would have only dreamed about a year ago.

Again, congrats on the 75#s. Coach? Leather coat? Both? Oh my!

And congrats to you too! So what size did you start at and where are you now if it's not too personal? Going shopping for a new wardrobe?

Congratulations to both of you!!! :):thumbup::smile:

Thanks so much!

CONGRATZ! ON THE 75LB. Okay, how many calories are you eating? Give me a sample of what you eat in a day. I need help!

By the way, I got a flu shot yesterday. Then I came home and ate a lean cuisine..two bites into it and yuk! pb'd. It lasted for an hour. I am so sore. I think some of it is the flu shot. I don't know when I am going to learn to chew , chew , chew. You would think that I would have learned my lesson last week. I have never been one to throw up unless I am deathly ill, but yesterday I was praying that food would come up. It is so painful. Okay, TMI.

I don't think the flu shot would make you PB as for me a PB is different that vomitting when I am sick. There's no stomach acid etc. and is generally just the last bite or so I took. I got my shot last week as well as pnuemonia so hope I am good.

Lets see my sample day is usually around 700 to 800 calories. I almost always eat 4 oz portions and 90% of that is Protein.

Breakfast - almost always 1/4 c egg beaters with a pinch of cheddar cheese, 1 or 2 slices of precooked bacon

Lunch - usually some sort of chicken, once a week that chicken tends to be McD's nuggets. That was my addiction presurgery and I allow myself the splurge once a week (which was today)

Dinner - genrally a small portion of whatever meat we are having and then I get those single serve steamfresh veggies and take a spoonful or two from that and give the rest to hubby. Rarely a bite or two of potato or rice

Snacks - one is generally a s/f yogurt and the other varies.

Hope that helps. I tend to have a day a week where my calories are much higher, usually the weekend.

Long -

Congratulations! But I have to ask, how are you doing it? Can you share a sample day, how often are you exercising and how much restriction do you have?

I need to get on the ball like you!

Thanks, see above for a sample menu. Restriction - I have a 14cc band and have 10.5cc's worth of fills in it. Exercise - not enough. 2mos after banding I had gall bladder surgery so I didn't exercise much this summer. Now I am slowly doing more and more. I go to a bariatric exercise class my hospital sponsers every monday night and that is generally on an exercise ball with cords. They then give us homework for the week and I got a ball and cords at home to do that. Plus I have access to a gym in the rec center in my development and I go there about 3X a week and do a stationary bike or elliptical machine (I have bad knees) and then some weight machines. No specific routine.

Lori, just my preference, but I think I (personally) would wait and make that leather jacket my goal reward. If it fits you now, it will be too big very soon. I don't think leather jackets are easily altered... Just my 2cents. How 'bout your earlier comment about the diamond studs? You know, the 75th anniversary is diamonds - does that count for 75 pounds, too? (it would in my book!)

I love seeing you reward yourself! Do you remember when your reward for special occasions was food? Along with your solace for hurt feelings, comfort for a stressful day, company for loneliness, etc., etc. What a difference hard work and the band have made in your life. It is great to have goals, and even better when you reward the accomplishment of those goals. You go, Girl!

Yeah but for the earrings I need to get a 2nd hole pierced in my ears as I wanted to do a little hoop and a stud and I am chicken. I last had my ears pierced at 16 yrs old. Good point on the jacket, but I'm thinking if I got it on the snug side now it would fit a good while and it seemed more practical than the wallet, but we'll see. I may go to the outlet this weekend to check things out.

This past week was a real challenge to not eat for the solace of hurt feelings, stress, etc. My parents were here and it was very stressful and on top of that, they both got the stomach flu and neither of my sisters would come by to help as they didn't want to get sick. I had a major pity party going on and I think now that I am not feeding those feelings I am feeling them so much more intently if that makes any sense. The hurts hurt more but on the plus side the joys are more joyful too!

The leather coat self-present made me think about devising my own rewards (some day)

I don't even have a date yet but I'm daydreaming about what little celebration rituals I want to have after the surgery and while the pounds are going bye-bye!

I continually wear the same baggy, stained, shapeless, aged, colorless, I-hate-my-body clothing.

As I sit here I'm looking down at my peach "L" (men's) t-shirt with my signature stain dead center, and faded green elastic waist shorts (too-many summers to count).

I plan to get rid of one dreary item for each pound lost.

When I have 10 pieces accumulated - to the BONFIRE! :tt2:

A friend of ours burns his trash regularly and I told him I want a mini-ritual when the time comes.

(not to worry - good condition large size items go to charity, and I have a veritable attic full of "can't wear anymore" and "somedays")

Other than buying a well-deserved clothing item - anyone else develop a quirky self-rewarding ceremony?? :thumbup:

I have a few besides the big things I've done for 25, 50 and 75. First I have one of those Italian charm bracelets that were the rage a few years ago. I get a gold star charm on there for every 5 lbs. a take off on Weight watchers gold stars for every 5. Also, i bought this pretty jar and a big bag of those glass beads you see in the bottom of vases etc. And for every .2 on the scale a bead goes in the jar. My jar is over half full now. I love visuals.

Wow 4 pages to read. I wasn't getting updated emails either about new posts. First off, Janet, I am so sorry for your loss.

My folks leave tomorrow, and I feel guilty saying so but it's time!! It's been a tough visit. They were supportive for the most part about the weight loss and mom not once played food police. However, today she said something interesting. I am in a Biggest Loser competition up at the rec center in my community. Guess who this week's Biggest Loser is? Yep that would be me, I lost 4 lbs this week. Her comment?? They must not have had any really big losers this week. GRRRRRRRRRR Anyhoo, I won a 'hair party', it's a cut and style and not sure about color for me and 3 friends.

That's GREAT!!

FOUR POUNDS is a BIG loss for one week!! Sometimes I don't even lose that much in one MONTH!! Congrats!! Great reward, too!

I DID IT, I DID IT, I DID IT!!!!!

I HIT 75 LBS LOST TODAY!!!! Now I am having 2nd thoughts of my Coach wallet thinking I'd rather have something else instead maybe a new leather jacket??? Decisions decisions!!

WONDERFUL!!

You've all got me thinking, planning and scheming about what my 100 lb reward should be!!! Hope to be there soon!

I like techy stuff! I bought a Nintendo DS this past summer to play Sudoku on! And I got new holes in my ears when my Lucky #7s thread went to Mall of America in July! So I could go for the diamond studs, Joann!!

Lori, just my preference, but I think I (personally) would wait and make that leather jacket my goal reward. If it fits you now, it will be too big very soon. I don't think leather jackets are easily altered... Just my 2cents. How 'bout your earlier comment about the diamond studs? You know, the 75th anniversary is diamonds - does that count for 75 pounds, too? (it would in my book!) I love seeing you reward yourself! Do you remember when your reward for special occasions was food? Along with your solace for hurt feelings, comfort for a stressful day, company for loneliness, etc., etc. What a difference hard work and the band have made in your life. It is great to have goals, and even better when you reward the accomplishment of those goals. You go, Girl!

Yep! Probably would've gone for a hot fudge sundae in the past!

7_4_11.gif

congratulations on the weight losses!!!!!!!!!!

6 more days of liquid diet then surgery!!!!!!

Janet, I am sorry for your loss. i lost one of my brothers almost a year ago. i know how you must be feeling.

i will keep you and your family in my prayers.

JoannMarie...thanks for the congrats. But, you are an inspiration to me! You are not even banded yet and are so full of wisdom and always has the nicest way of giving advice. Thank you for that.

Long...your question on what size I was. I weighed 242# in Nov when I started pre-op diet. I wore a 3X shirt and 18 slacks...sometimes larger. I now wear a medium top and size 6 jeans and dress slacks. I am all arms and legs. (I carried most of my weight through the mid section). I am VERY smalled boned but 5'7" in height. I have to special order my jeans in at least a 34" inseam. I think I am happiest about just the way I feel physically and also happy that I did not end up with sagging skin. I cannot pinch anything through my middle. When I weighed what I do now 14 yrs ago, I did have an issue with flab. Go figure!

OK...JoannMarie was talking about rewarding ourselves. This may sound vain, self-indulgent or what have you but I guess I am brave enough to share how I have rewarded myself throughout this process.

I kind of watched what I spent on clothes throughout the weight loss process. I shopped at Target and Walmart for tops during the summer and tried to get by with stretchy bottoms. At my 75# milestone I went and got permanent eyeliner and eyelashes. LOVE THEM. I now wear no makeup. When I started to see the light at the end of the tunnel (goal) I went shopping. (Blush) Bought everything I needed and now have a closet full. Today I treated myself (goal day) to a boiled wool red winter coat. It is soooooooo beautiful I could cry. When I was thin 14 yrs ago, I was truly a clothes horse. I guess I'm back on that pony!!!!!!!!!

I think it is wonderful that you are being so good to yourself. Nothing to feel ashamed of. Good for you, in fact. I have some very nice pieces ofjewelry I rewarded myself for, when I hit my WW 10% and 50 pound marks in 2000. They still mean a lot to me. I hope I become a clothes horse, too. :)

Orea

I think it is wonderful that you are being so good to yourself. Nothing to feel ashamed of. Good for you, in fact. I have some very nice pieces ofjewelry I rewarded myself for, when I hit my WW 10% and 50 pound marks in 2000. They still mean a lot to me. I hope I become a clothes horse, too. :)

Orea

Thanks for the words of encouragement, Orea. I am also a jewelry person. My husband takes care of that dept. I think it's so cute when he says "Well, I consider it a good investment". Hmmm...it could help pay for my funeral when I kick off and also a pretty nice Irish wake!

Funny, I almost added that my rings are worth much more than I paid for them! LOL I like to pick my own pieces and tell DH what he got me. :)

It's so hard to answer everyone individually. I admire those of you that can do that.

But Congratulations on the 75 lbs lost. It's such a great feeling!

Nani, my left shoulder pain went on for months. It was weird. It came and went. I haven't had it for a long time now and I am so glad.

I am glad to read that everyone is doing so well. It's so frustrating to some who don't lose as fast as they expected. I was like that, but those days are gone now. In the end, I lost what I wanted to lose so gotta love that band!

OK...JoannMarie was talking about rewarding ourselves. This may sound vain, self-indulgent or what have you but I guess I am brave enough to share how I have rewarded myself throughout this process.

I kind of watched what I spent on clothes throughout the weight loss process. I shopped at Target and Walmart for tops during the summer and tried to get by with stretchy bottoms. At my 75# milestone I went and got permanent eyeliner and eyelashes. LOVE THEM. I now wear no makeup. When I started to see the light at the end of the tunnel (goal) I went shopping. (Blush) Bought everything I needed and now have a closet full. Today I treated myself (goal day) to a boiled wool red winter coat. It is soooooooo beautiful I could cry. When I was thin 14 yrs ago, I was truly a clothes horse. I guess I'm back on that pony!!!!!!!!!

That's great! I am looking forward to becoming a clothes horse too. And I want the good clothes!! :D No not everything I buy is going to be a label, but I want to be able to buy a few classic pieces knowing that it's an investment that I will wear for a long time. not just to go get something cheap because I really don't want to be that size in the first place and was so disgusted with myself I would just get anything that fit and was cheap because I was always going to lose weight. I hope that makes sense, but before I never invested in myself or my clothes as I hated how I looked.