Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Today I had my first fill. 3 cc's into a 9 cc band. I really don't feel too much restriction. I have been doing nothing but liquids since then and I am starving. Is this something that is standard when having a fill? What would happen if I had something to eat? Just some Cereal would be fine for now. I will be going to bed soon so I wouldn't want to eat too much but something would be nice. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Sandi

Nani,

I was banded in July and still get shoulder pain to this day, it doesn't last as long as it used to, but I still get it after I eat. It seems when I burp it lessens the pain, and walking helps with the burping, also try a heating pad right on the shoulder. That really helps with the pain. Good luck. Hope something works for you. You might also want to try some GasX.

Chicks3, All I have to say so... NOOOO!!! I wanted to cry when I read you were banded in July and is still having pain. I hope this goes away soon because between the pain and being on liquids it is easy to get depressed.

JoannMarie....I must have missed when you posted that you got a surgery date. When is the BIG day?

DECEMBER 4th! I have a few weeks yet to go and trying to make the most of them! You said you adopted the LB dietary plan for your pre-surgery diet, I'm assuming you ate primarily Protein, then vegies/fruits, then carbs? What kind of volume did you eat? I think that's a good idea for the next few weeks for me... I'd like a little more info.

Do you think you could have a kidney infection? That is a terrible pain in the lower back.

I hope that is not the case!

I hope not too but the good news is that today it started feeling a bit better. I will definitely let the doctor know on Thursday for my 1st post op visit. thanks Denise:smile:

Wow 4 pages to read. I wasn't getting updated emails either about new posts. First off, Janet, I am so sorry for your loss.

My folks leave tomorrow, and I feel guilty saying so but it's time!! It's been a tough visit. They were supportive for the most part about the weight loss and mom not once played food police. However, today she said something interesting. I am in a Biggest Loser competition up at the rec center in my community. Guess who this week's Biggest Loser is? Yep that would be me, I lost 4 lbs this week. Her comment?? They must not have had any really big losers this week. GRRRRRRRRRR Anyhoo, I won a 'hair party', it's a cut and style and not sure about color for me and 3 friends.

I've read elsewhere on this site that the recovery for hiatal hernia repair with LBS is a bit more painful.

Does anyone have any experience with this "Duo"?

and

I'm in misery with a GIgundous hemorrhoid. Although I've given birth to 3 large babies (the last one 22+ years ago) - I'm quite certain that this behemoth was caused by straining and chronic Constipation (diabetes? obesity?)

After self-imposed no-sitting and no-lifting and a generous dose of Miralax - I think it's getting better.

Will LBS alleviate or worsen this condition?

I had hiatal hernia repair and recovered very quickly. Would never have known it, but it's been great after, no more reflux.

Chicks3, All I have to say so... NOOOO!!! I wanted to cry when I read you were banded in July and is still having pain. I hope this goes away soon because between the pain and being on liquids it is easy to get depressed.

Hope your gas pain goes away. I was lucky I had 2 surgeries this summer - lap band and gall bladder, and never did get the gas pains. I hear lots of walking helps dissipate the gas. Congrats on being banded.

Wow! it's been busy here! I am suffereing from internet withdrawl... problems with the WiFi at the RV park. Didn't realize I wasn't getting posts from this thread on my Blackberry! So I just had to catch up on 3 pages of posts. So I just skimmed really, but, for those of you who don't already know, Janet (IndioGirl) called me yesterday afternoon to tell me that her baby brother passed away suddenly. She asked me to pass it on to the threads she visits most and let you all know that she's not going to be online for a while. This was totally unexpected and she's quite devastated. If anyone wants to send a card, I have her address. Just PM me and I"ll get it to you.

And, please everyone keep her and her family in your thoughts and prayers. This is a very tough time for her.

As I said, my internet access is limited right now, but I have been getting posts (excpet for this thread) and PMs on my Blackberry and can respond that way, too.

I am so sorry to hear about Janet's loss. I do understand where she is ..my sister passed away suddenly back in January, and life is still tough at times..

I DID IT, I DID IT, I DID IT!!!!!

I HIT 75 LBS LOST TODAY!!!! Now I am having 2nd thoughts of my Coach wallet thinking I'd rather have something else instead maybe a new leather jacket??? Decisions decisions!!

Congrats on the 75# lost, Long. Isn't every milestone just a lot of fun and encouragement to get to where you want to be? You've done so well.

I was able to hit goal this morning. 106# gone. Feels wonderful. I could just cry when I think about how I felt about myself a year ago. That's all behind me now and time to live life that I would have only dreamed about a year ago.

Again, congrats on the 75#s. Coach? Leather coat? Both? Oh my!

CONGRATZ! ON THE 75LB. Okay, how many calories are you eating? Give me a sample of what you eat in a day. I need help!

By the way, I got a flu shot yesterday. Then I came home and ate a lean cuisine..two bites into it and yuk! pb'd. It lasted for an hour. I am so sore. I think some of it is the flu shot. I don't know when I am going to learn to chew , chew , chew. You would think that I would have learned my lesson last week. I have never been one to throw up unless I am deathly ill, but yesterday I was praying that food would come up. It is so painful. Okay, TMI.

Charlene - remember with a PBing incident to go back to liquids for at least a day to let any imflamation go down

WTG on the 75# and the goal at 106#. CONGRATULATIONS to both of you :regular_smile: ;):) :w00t:

Charlene - remember with a PBing incident to go back to liquids for at least a day to let any imflamation go down

WTG on the 75# and the goal at 106#. CONGRATULATIONS to both of you :regular_smile: ;):) :w00t:

Thanks for the reminder. I couldn't find my papers from the dr. I did drink Water and then I had cream of wheat for supper. I am still sore right where the band is placed. I will stay on soft stuff today.

Long -

Congratulations! But I have to ask, how are you doing it? Can you share a sample day, how often are you exercising and how much restriction do you have?

I need to get on the ball like you!