Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Question--

Before late afternoon, the first few bites of anything

I eat feels stuck. If I wait a few minutes (and try to burp), I can finish the meal.

Nighttime--wide open!

Anyone share this problem?

Appt tomorrow for fill #4....do I need it or not? Tight/loose/tight/loose..??

I had my dietitian visit yesterday (first of 3)

With 2 more appointments to fulfill - I think I'll be approved on the first round.

We briefly discussed the Weight Management program from my BC/BS HMO that I was on along in conjunction with their diabetes management program and she said it's quite possible that those programs will fulfill the recent diet history requirement.

I was having a particularly bad/good day with my knees and limped in to her office and sat down very very gingerly (the WORST episode I've ever had with hemorrhoids ).

Endoscopy tomorrow, required pre-op support meeting, stress test and echo next week.

Hopefully at the support mtg I'll may be able to get a word or two from the PA.

When the dietitian handed me the 2-week pre-op diet I got a reality awareness -

"This is really going to happen!"

(PS - does anyone have any feedback on Miralax? ?) :D

I take Miralax everyday with no problems. It disolves in Water and doesn't have a taste.

Well my folks have arrived and the cat is out of the bag as to my weight loss. They noticed my loss right away at the airport, just said you look like you've lost weight and I replied, Yes I have a lot! That was it. Then later this afternoon mom asked me how I was losing. So I told her, it was pretty much a non issue. She wasn't negative but she wasn't positive either. Basically it was just like an 'Oh'. Conversation came back to it a few times and as I told her more about it she was a little more interested especially when it finally registered that I was telling her I had surgery in June and have lost a total of 70 lbs and 60 of that was since surgery. that piqued her interest more. So guess I was worried for nothing. Ideally, I'd have loved more enthusiasm or congrats or something but this was better than the negativity I expected.

As Jessie Ahroni says, you can't get pizza from a Chinese restaurant. She just doesn't have it to give. Aren't you glad you aren't her. It must not feel nice to be like that.

Well - I bought Miralax.

I took a half-dose so that it won't kick in tomorrow during the endoscopy!:)

I just grabbed it off the shelf in our little town's pharmacy.

Probably paid twice as much as I could have elsewhere - but I was desperate.

I'll definitely ask my surgeon for a suggestion as he should know the inner workings from the tummy down on down to the "poop-shoot". :eek:

lynn Im going to have that lose skin problem myself. Considering plastic surgery sometime in my future. Congrats on medium size sweats. I cant wait myself.

Im having some prunes, hope they dont spike my insulin too much lol. Im trying to move that scale needle below 200 already. Trying ye ole clean out to move the scales, even if its temporary.

Im going to walk tonight too, and put some effort into moving the needle below that 200 mark. No more, vamose 200s.

Miralax is shockingly expensive. I tried a half dose at first, but I found that didn't do much, as it is very gentle. They do say it can take three days to um...work. So I don't think you have anything to worry about re the endoscopy.

I got into a real post- band pickle because no only was my dist suddenly very different and Fiber poor, but i was also taking a couple of medications for "overactive bladder" with a side effect of Constipation. Let's just say that Fiber supplements, Raisin Bran, and Miralax were not enough for that situation. I had to take myself off the meds to get things moving again. Now I am very cautiously adding back the meds in a gradual way to see what I can tolerate now that I am on solid foods and back to my high fiber ways.

Good luck!

Orea

Hi NanniRose... Welcome to the journey.. You are in my prayers, and many others, as well. I had my band 3 weeks ago today, so I do know how you are feeling. Hang in there.. you will do fine. And we are all here for you.

Hi jbflorida,

I sympathise with what you're going through. I have the same problem, sometime so bad that I have to pb before I get relief. Oddly enough I also get that stuck feeling with liquid too.

Well my folks have arrived and the cat is out of the bag as to my weight loss. They noticed my loss right away at the airport, just said you look like you've lost weight and I replied, Yes I have a lot! That was it. Then later this afternoon mom asked me how I was losing. So I told her, it was pretty much a non issue. She wasn't negative but she wasn't positive either. Basically it was just like an 'Oh'. Conversation came back to it a few times and as I told her more about it she was a little more interested especially when it finally registered that I was telling her I had surgery in June and have lost a total of 70 lbs and 60 of that was since surgery. that piqued her interest more. So guess I was worried for nothing. Ideally, I'd have loved more enthusiasm or congrats or something but this was better than the negativity I expected.

For what it is worth.....We are all proud of you! We are trying to follow your lead. I know you want approval from your parents....that is in the heart of every child. I fortunately have a 100lb,85 yr old mother that thinks I hung the moon. I have a hard time receiving her unconditional love because I don't think I deserve it. So, I guess we all have hang ups....that's why we gained alot of weight.....got banded....and now we all ended up here together trying to figure it all out. As we peel the lbs off, maybe we will get some answers. I know for the first time in my life I am passionate about losing weight and feeling good. I feel I have alot more to offer this world. :eek:

I use Benefiber....

one dose in my Crystal Lite every day.

Can't taste it, don't even know it's there.

Works for me.

Glad things went well, Long!

I have been out of touch for a couple of months, several reasons, but it's good to be back and seeing new friends among the familiar ones.