Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

hey charlene k

i'm on medicaid and medicare because of my disabilities. tried to get insurance through insurance companies and no one would insure me. i would start telling them what was wrong with me and they wouldn't even let me finish, one guy told me that i might as well quit trying because he couldn't think of any companies the knew that would insure me.

on the road to a new me.:)

Hi,

So today I got a fill, now I'm up to 6cc in 9cc band. I can actually feel the restriction now. I'm on liquids today, but this is the first time recently that I can really feel that there is restriction! I can feel the fluids going down. I have no trouble with Water, and just drank a can of Tomato Soup at hand - and feel full! Yeah!

Recently I could eat way too much - like 2 1/2 plates of food at a chinese buffet, and not even bother to chew very well. That's why I'm SO happy to have had a filll!

I'm a little nervous about getting things stuck, since it's been so long since I've had to really chew and be careful. Have to keep reminding myself...

I am so ready to drop some more pounds...it's been rather slow lately, despite increasing the exercise. (I was eating too much, but hungry all the time)

Anyhow, I'm hoping I've found the sweet spot, at least for awhile! Aiming for onederland - 18 pounds to go!

hey charlene k

i'm on medicaid and medicare because of my disabilities. tried to get insurance through insurance companies and no one would insure me. i would start telling them what was wrong with me and they wouldn't even let me finish, one guy told me that i might as well quit trying because he couldn't think of any companies the knew that would insure me.

on the road to a new me.:crying:

Well, I am sure they will approve you. Just have patience. It took me from January to July to have surgery. I had to go to nutrition classes, write down everything I ate, and had a bunch of tests. I had to do those things to satisfy the ins co. It is worth it . It gives you time to adjust to good eating habits and make sure you want the surgery. We are here to support you.:thumbup:

Hello, I need your encouragement.:crying: I started this journey in May 2008. I am 55 and live in NH. I am scheduled for the LapBand on Wednesday the 8th. Thank God for all you wonderful posts. They have answered so many my questions. I am not nervous about the operation but after. I want this to work so bad. Please think of me on Wednesday and I will post as soon as I am able to.

Hello, I need your encouragement.:crying: I started this journey in May 2008. I am 55 and live in NH. I am scheduled for the LapBand on Wednesday the 8th. Thank God for all you wonderful posts. They have answered so many my questions. I am not nervous about the operation but after. I want this to work so bad. Please think of me on Wednesday and I will post as soon as I am able to.

We're here for you, NaniRose! You're gonna be fine!

The band "works" as long as you're willing to work with it.

Follow the "rules", exercise, etc.

You can do it!

hey charlene k

i've already been approved. when i go to st. louis to see the dr. wednesday and have all my tests done and see the dietician on friday. i'm hoping the dr. will give me my surgery date while i'm in his office.

hey NaniRose

glad you found this post. i haven't been banded yet, but it won't be long. i see the dr. on the 8th. i'll be thinking about you, i am nervous a little but i know it will be for the best that i have the band.

i've been reading this site for a while. it is very helpful and everyone is always incouraging you. it is great to see all of the weight loss. i can't wait till i get to post my weight loss.

let us know how everything turns out,

good luck to you

Hello, I need your encouragement.:redface: I started this journey in May 2008. I am 55 and live in NH. I am scheduled for the LapBand on Wednesday the 8th. Thank God for all you wonderful posts. They have answered so many my questions. I am not nervous about the operation but after. I want this to work so bad. Please think of me on Wednesday and I will post as soon as I am able to.

Keeping you in my thoughts, good luck, let us all know how you make out..

hey charlene k

i've already been approved. when i go to st. louis to see the dr. wednesday and have all my tests done and see the dietician on friday. i'm hoping the dr. will give me my surgery date while i'm in his office.

Congrats! on your approval. I hope you get a date soon.:redface:

Good morning! Here I sit waiting for my appliance repair guy. He's due at 930, I am the first appt of the day so they should be on time or early they said. So I got up bright and early to shower etc. as I sure didn't want them to call while I was in the shower. Then I have got to clean, clean, and clean some more. My parents come tomorrow and I know she will find the spot I missed. Am pretty nervous about telling them about my lap band, they have no clue I've had it nor that I've lost weight. But how can she be negative with 70 lbs lost, off b/p medication, etc.?

Good morning! Here I sit waiting for my appliance repair guy. He's due at 930, I am the first appt of the day so they should be on time or early they said. So I got up bright and early to shower etc. as I sure didn't want them to call while I was in the shower. Then I have got to clean, clean, and clean some more. My parents come tomorrow and I know she will find the spot I missed. Am pretty nervous about telling them about my lap band, they have no clue I've had it nor that I've lost weight. But how can she be negative with 70 lbs lost, off b/p medication, etc.?

Girl, your parents will love your new body. They will be proud of you!

Long,

Take a deep breath!! It's going to be okay. Enjoy your parents' visit as much as you can. Don't let your Mom get to you. People who are that critical & disapproving are usually trying to hide some deep insecurities.

They have to pick at you because they feel so inadequate.

Praying that you'll be pleasantly surprised by her reaction to your weight loss!

. My parents come tomorrow and I know she will find the spot I missed. Am pretty nervous about telling them about my lap band, they have no clue I've had it nor that I've lost weight. But how can she be negative with 70 lbs lost, off b/p medication, etc.?

Why tell them? My mom still doesn't know and she lives nearby. Neither do any of my friends. I've been banded a year and a half and no one knows but my husband and kids--I like it that way! No explaining. No one "watching." No one wondering why I'm not losing more or if I should be eating this or that or if I'm ready to PB or whatever. My Mom would we one to be saying, "are you sure it's okay if you eat that?" or "I talked to so and so and they said...", etc. I'm happy in my own little band world. When people ask how I've lost weight I honestly say, "Several factors but eating less and exercising more has been key." Just a thought!

Lori, it's 70 pounds. It doesn't really matter what Mom says. I know you want her approval - haven't you always? But this was your decision, you have the full support of your husband and your daughter (I'm not sure if you have other children?), and you are successful to the tune of 70pounds, more than halfway to your goal. If you were my daughter I would be overcome with pride and joy for you - in fact you are my "LBT" friend and I feel that way. Just love your mom, her reasons for being negative actually have nothing to with you, but with her own feeling of shortcoming. My mother-in-law had issues like that, and it was hard to deal with until I understood more what her own life had been like. Families are like that, ya gotta love 'em as they are and go on with your life. That's exactly what you are doing.

Can your husband deflect some of her negativity? He is so supportive and happy about your new healthy lifestyle... Not suggesting he take her on, but just have his arm around you, a big smile on his face, and his usual words of praise!

God Bless!

Hello 50's Gang!

I've been slow going since my surgery Apr 23rd 08 but I had broken my foot in Feb and reinjured it in August so I haven't been able to exercise much.

My job had me just sitting at a computer all day also... I got laid off on Friday and after spending all weekend moping, I happily got up this morning and spent 30 minutes on the ellyptical :wub: so I hope to really get moving on the exercise part so I can start getting the scale to move down. I also finally bought some weights for strength exercising.....

I just recently noticed a Yoga place near my home and wondered if I would be able to do some of that? I am going to check it out to see if they have any beginner classes. Has anyone else tried this type of exercising? And if so can you give me any info on it?:redface:

I"ve been catching up reading on everyone and I'm so jealous of all the progress made by you all . I am SOOOOO close to getting into onederland where I have not been for 30 years.....

I am getting married on Oct 3, 2009 and REALLY want to get down to my goal of 160 lbs for it!!! :w00t:

I go for my 4th fill on 10/21st and hope that will help alot also. Keep up the great work and you'll be hearing from me more.

Take care and congrats to all,

Yvonne