Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Hi, I'm here to encourage and be encouraged. I had to have an unfill due to reflux (I was 7 lbs from goal) and have now gained 15. I am so struggling. I wanted to have the 15 off by my 51 birthday (March 14) but nothing's happening. Help anyone... words, prayers accepted!!

Thanks, Rhonda

Hi, I'm here to encourage and be encouraged. I had to have an unfill due to reflux (I was 7 lbs from goal) and have now gained 15. I am so struggling. I wanted to have the 15 off by my 51 birthday (March 14) but nothing's happening. Help anyone... words, prayers accepted!!

Thanks, Rhonda

Rhonda, you can get it back off. I know you are disappointed. Have you tried the five day pouch test? .....google it. It is basically going back to the way you ate after surgery.

Stay on a low carb, high Protein eating plan and thirty minutes of exercise. Also, be proud for the successes you have made .

There are a lot of bandsters on this thread that can help you and encourage you. Many have reached their goal weight. Welcome to the 50's!

Finally posted my pics (Befores...etc) today (as promised on my blog). It wasn't easy to post these, but I'm 50 and feeling better than I have in a long time!

http://bandgroupiethesweetspot.blogspot.com/2010/02/21610-before-during-and-almost-afters.html

Congrats girls on reaching all your goals!!! -BG

Ladies, thanks for the good wishes. I am happy to be where I am. Now, on to the last 22 pounds :(

Thanks Charlene K, I printed the 5 day test and have started this morning....going to give it my all.

Thanks Charlene K, I printed the 5 day test and have started this morning....going to give it my all.

The five day pouch test is also good to follow after a fill if you tend to reflux. Also, avoid foods and spices that cause gas as there is no room in your pouch for gas and it forces food up and causes you to pb which brings up acid. Avoid pop, coffee, teas with tannic acid, chocolate, Tomato and tomato sauces, fats and greases, citrus juices and fruits, and don't eat for 3 or 4 hours before bed.

Perhaps your Dr. will prescribe a reflux med to go along with a cautious fill. Go slowly and you'll get there. Make sure you're eating teeny tiny bites after a fill and taking tiny sips. Wait to burp after every sip and every bite before taking more.

Do go back to the Dr.

Cheri

Bandgroupie....yep, good pics. The side by side really shows how much work you've done. The chip clips were pretty funny too, but hey, it worked. You show off those legs pretty well.

??? I have lot of sensitivity in the area of my port, It seems to protrude a bit. No schedule appt with DR, as my last fill before xmas has given me great restriction, even though I am still struggling to lose the last 10-15#.

??? I have lot of sensitivity in the area of my port, It seems to protrude a bit. No schedule appt with DR, as my last fill before xmas has given me great restriction, even though I am still struggling to lose the last 10-15#.

You should call your dr with that info. My dr would want to see me right away. Waiting since before christmas is a long time not to be in contact with your doc.

This is just my opinion. Good luck with the band and losing those last 10-15 Pounds.

I am having some soreness at the port site, too. The NP at the drs. office said mine was twisted or flipped but she got a fill in anyway. She said it sometimes happens when you lose a lot of weight. I don't see how that is possible, since the realize band port is anchored in a muscle, but what do I know? I do know the port area is "tender". My fill is good now so I don't have an appt to see my dr. but if it continues I will see him so he can order an upper GI to see what is going on with it. Guess I am afraid to find out, because I really don't want more surgery. And, although I have lost a lot of weight, I don't want to start over. Please, keep me in your prayers.

I am having some soreness at the port site, too. The NP at the drs. office said mine was twisted or flipped but she got a fill in anyway. She said it sometimes happens when you lose a lot of weight. I don't see how that is possible, since the realize band port is anchored in a muscle, but what do I know? I do know the port area is "tender". My fill is good now so I don't have an appt to see my dr. but if it continues I will see him so he can order an upper GI to see what is going on with it. Guess I am afraid to find out, because I really don't want more surgery. And, although I have lost a lot of weight, I don't want to start over. Please, keep me in your prayers. And, if you continue to have problems see your dr. But, keep in mind that it could just be from losing weight....a good thing!

Greetings, everyone!

I was banded on Febuary 26th, so I'm a newbie bandster. The surgery went beautifully- I actually feel better than I had expected to, considering! Now, I'm taking a little R&R from work to get my recovery solidly on the way. I'm so very encouraged with the progress so far...my ticker reflects what I've achieved since starting my preop diet prep on January 26th.

I'll turn 51 tomorrow- and I'm thinking, wasn't this a GREAT birthday present to give myself? :w00t:

Looking forward to e-meeting all of you!

Best, Christine

Congrats Chris--and happy birthday! Now that you have that tool--work it! This is not an EASY journey, but one that is certainly worthwhile. You're giving yourself better health, more energy, a longer life...and all of the new friends you will meet in LapBandLand!

Judy

Welcome Chris, best of luck in your new life. Happy Birthday:thumbup: