Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Woke up this morning, got on the scale, got off the scale, jostled it, got on again and woke up for real. Lost 3 lbs and hit goal! Woot! Now for the lifetime part-maintenance. Scares me more than losing the weight.

But for now, hip hip hooray!:party::thumbup:

Congrats Cheri!!!!!!:):thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Woke up this morning, got on the scale, got off the scale, jostled it, got on again and woke up for real. Lost 3 lbs and hit goal! Woot! Now for the lifetime part-maintenance. Scares me more than losing the weight.

But for now, hip hip hooray!:):thumbup:

OOOOOOOHHHHHH I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HUGE CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!! How long did it take and how much did you lose?

Consider me your biggerst (pun unintended :thumbup:) fan -- Cherie

ifyourstomachoffendsyou!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRADULATIONS!!!!! :confused:

YES!!! I agree with Cheri! Tell us MORE! We want a story about your journey. Please give us a blow-by-blow of your history and how you did it. It's still early in the year and we need your inspiration for encouragement.

If you really want the blow by blow, you should check out my blog from the beginning which was last June.

IF YOUR STOMACH OFFENDS YOU, TIE IT OFF

I use the blog and a few threads on lapbandtalk as my support system.

I am ADHD and am very upfront in my blog about the complications that condition causes. Studies have shown that we are the least likely to succeed at any form of diet because we can't sustain an interest in nor are we organized and focused enough to do things like food plans, weigh and measure, journal food or count anything. In fact, trying to be rigid about things tends to backfire and send us back into the food. I am totally incapable of being anal about anything.

That's why I went with the band, so it would do most of the measuring for me. I still had to white knuckle it through bandster hell and between fills when the stomach shrunk and the band got looser. But I still had some restriction and that got me through and gave me hope.

I did the high Protein low carb thing because it works so well with the band and is recommended by most bariatric surgeons and is the easiest lifestyle change to make. No counting anything. Just eat the meat and only have a little carbs once in a while as a treat, and I happen to love Atkins dark chocolate royale Protein Shakes. I did add some vegetables but not much fruit. Leaner meats for the most part, some eggs, low fat cheeze on refried Beans. Kept a lot of foods at work. Peel off cans of tuna and chicken. V-8 in small cans. Small applesauce containers-no sugar added. Also ate some Kashi bars at night.

I did eat more at parties but restricted before and after so I wouldn't gain and wouldn't feel guilty. The same thing if someone brought treats to school. I'd have a little and then do without something else or eat a little less of other stuff.

I exercise 30-60 minutes 5 days/wk--mostly walking and stair climbing at work before work in the cold weather, and a lot of walking outdoors in decent weather. I built up slowly, increasing my pace and lengthening my stride and covering more and more distance, then added the stair climbing this winter.

I rely on God and on working on being content, no matter what my circumstances. I work on having an attitude of gratitude. I try to focus my thoughts on whatever is good, true, pure, and lovely and that includes humor. I've been meditating a lot on the book of Phillipians in the Bible which is where I get the being content in all circumstances from as well as the good, true, pure and lovely focus.

Instead of journaling food, which would drive me back into the food, I journal about my issues with food and with life. With situations that come up that could send me back into the food. With my ADHD and codependency issues. My blog has really been important to me, as has posting on this and other threads.

I had only 70 lbs to lose but I was on a boatload of pills for blood pressure, acid reflux, arthitis, high cholesterol, etc. and my blood sugar was going up in the borderline range.

I'm down to taking prescription Niacin to raise my good cholesterol and I've cut my anti-inflammatories in half. I'm off everything else.

I feel great, I like myself in my clothes (not without-snicker), I've gotten my face back (it was being held hostage by the fat) and I can see my feet when I look down.

I still struggle with the food and undoubtedly will the rest of my life.

But God is good all the time; all the time God is good.

Cheri

Congratulations! You give us all hope. It can take time to make it, with spills and ups and downs, but we can get there with determination and G-d's help. Good luck with maintainence.

Thanks to all of you who responded about the acid reflux. I've been on a long business trip so haven't checked back for a couple of weeks, but after reading the posts I have decided to go back in and have a tiny bit removed to see if that helps. I started taking Prevacid and that has helped some but not totally. Thanks for your candor. Gralda

Haven't been around alot lately, but really should be. Struggling a bit, but have great restriction, remembering to listen to my body and not my hunger. This is definitely a life long change so have to remember that. Still glad I had the LB and know it was my best decision..Just keep on moving forward.

Haven't been around alot lately, but really should be. Struggling a bit, but have great restriction, remembering to listen to my body and not my hunger. This is definitely a life long change so have to remember that. Still glad I had the LB and know it was my best decision..Just keep on moving forward.

Got great restriction since my fill too. Unfortunately I found out that Skittles go through. I must really be needing to feel like my mouth is full and like I'm chewing enough not to mention needing a sugar fix after 8 months without a lot of it. Will get back on track. Am already clearing it out of the house and my classroom.

Cheri

I FINALLY DID IT!!!! I AM BELOW 200 POUNDS....not by much, but there nonetheless. Haven't been this weight in 25 years. I had a small fill and found out that my port has flipped or twisted. The NP was able to position it for a fill this time, but don't know about another. Kind of scary.....

I picked up my 51 pound granddaughter and realized it had been like carrying her and another 5 lbs of potatoes around all day, everyday. Fell last night in this darn snow and with my back and knees, I am really sore today, but very, very happy! Keep it going, ladies....thanks for your support.

I FINALLY DID IT!!!! I AM BELOW 200 POUNDS....not by much, but there nonetheless. Haven't been this weight in 25 years. I had a small fill and found out that my port has flipped or twisted. The NP was able to position it for a fill this time, but don't know about another. Kind of scary.....

I picked up my 51 pound granddaughter and realized it had been like carrying her and another 5 lbs of potatoes around all day, everyday. Fell last night in this darn snow and with my back and knees, I am really sore today, but very, very happy! Keep it going, ladies....thanks for your support.

CONGRATS!! I reached that milestone not too long ago so I know what a thrill that is!

Hope the port issue doesn't continue to be a problem!

Congratulations! WTG Glammaw!

Congratulations on your loss. Fantastic. Hope you recover from your fall.

They have added a forum for us - let's post here... So we can share with the new people....

Its never too late to have a happy childhood no matter what you age.:(