Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2023 buddies

7 minutes ago, SarahByNumbers said:

I just started my 2-week pre-op diet today. My program makes us do 100% liquids only (with the exception of 3 dill pickles per day 🤣) for the whole 2 weeks, so I've been to the restroom what seems like 80 times already today 😂

It hasn't been too bad yet, thankfully. I had some weird gas pains going on earlier, but they seem to be gone now. I've heard Day 3-4 are the worst for most people, so I'm looking forward to getting past those.

So far I've had a "fruity Cereal milk" Orgain shake, "Horchata" and "Strawberries & Cream" TransformHQ shakes, and a tropical coconut Protein2O. Someone's lunch at the office smelled amazing, so I went for a little walk to avoid the smells 😅 Hopefully dinner time with my husband isn't too bad. I'm saving my 3 pickles for dinner so I have something to crunch on.

I hope everyone else is doing fantastic and for the post-oppers, that you're feeling better!! 💜

Oh man what I wouldn’t give to be able to chew anything lol my program is strictly liquids and doesn’t allow any fruits or veggies so I’m SOL

congratulations you’re one day closer to surgery 🎉🎉🎉

I had my pre-op testing today and can’t believe I’m only a week away from surgery. Praying for a safe procedure for all the pre-ops still in waiting and a speedy recovery for all those post-op’s… 2024 is going to look much healthier for us all ❤️

I can only eat from a list of raw veggies after I’ve eaten all meals and Protein Shakes for the day. The meals aren’t totally liquid but like a light string cheese or dry Cheerios. I’ve actually craved pickles but they are not in my list. My favorite shakes are probably Fair Life chocolate at the moment.

Your day is fast approaching, only a few more for you right?

fairlife chocolate was my fav until I tried the Premier Protein Cafe Latte and now I’m addicted to it lol funny enough it doesn’t taste like coffee to me but more like swiss miss hot coco 😂

Getting excited for those of you pre-op approaching your dates!!

For those in the pre-op diet, it seems so slow but you WILL get through it! Keep going!!

For those post surgery, how are things feeling now??

I'm officially one week post op today! I continue to have the weird stomach cramping when I try to drink anything other than Water. I'm hitting my fluid goals every day but of course not my Protein since my stomach won't have it! I'm still pretty sore and napping in the afternoon. My incisions have decided they hate the surgical glue and today flared into a red rash so I sent a message to the surgeon, hopefully they can suggest something.

I weighed myself today (I weigh only once a week) and according to my scale I am down 10 lbs from surgery day!! I freaked out, shrieked, weighed myself again, then went and tried the other scale which thinks I'm 7 lbs down. Either way I'm officially below 300!! I haven't been that way in years. I'm so, so excited. I was really worried this wasn't going to work for me because I only lost 6 lbs on the pre-op diet. I feel a little better now. LOL

I had my Bypass surgery on November 2nd, one week ago today. I’ve struggled some, been emotional, but mainly can’t stand Protein Drinks anymore. It’s all I can consume that is liquid/pureed. I was always a very picky eater, mostly because of the texture of food, so liquid/pureed foods are not going well for me. I have 7 more days of this and need some suggestions on what others are consuming post-surgery. Thanks!

51 minutes ago, Shock6266 said:

I had my Bypass surgery on November 2nd, one week ago today. I’ve struggled some, been emotional, but mainly can’t stand Protein Drinks anymore. It’s all I can consume that is liquid/pureed. I was always a very picky eater, mostly because of the texture of food, so liquid/pureed foods are not going well for me. I have 7 more days of this and need some suggestions on what others are consuming post-surgery. Thanks!

I'm still on liquids so can't have much, but have you tried bone broths? Or strained Soups? I just get the Campbell's soups, make them, then strain them through a sieve to get all the solids out. It helps counteract the sweet stuff a LOT and there are a variety of flavors to choose from! You could even add an unflavored Protein to it if you want!

On 10/17/2023 at 10:04 AM, SomeBigGuy said:

New guy here. Got my date set for November 20 for a Gastric Sleeve procedure. Kind of nervous, but more excited than anything. How's everyone else feeling for theirs?

Fantastic! Best decision I have ever made and regretting not getting it sooner! I am almost 7 months post op. I have lost 72 lbs and gone from a 3x to size L shirt and L pants. I have lost 54 inches total off my body. I have had no complications following surgery and have a super supportive husband/kids/family/coworkers/friends

12 minutes ago, NCL04321 said:

Fantastic! Best decision I have ever made and regretting not getting it sooner! I am almost 7 months post op. I have lost 72 lbs and gone from a 3x to size L shirt and L pants. I have lost 54 inches total off my body. I have had no complications following surgery and have a super supportive husband/kids/family/coworkers/friends

Thank you for posting this... I have my gastric Bypass sx on Nov 29th.. I am super nervous but know that I am going to get my life back and be able to do everything I have always wanted to do...

15 hours ago, ZeeGee said:

fairlife chocolate was my fav until I tried the Premier Protein Cafe Latte and now I’m addicted to it lol funny enough it doesn’t taste like coffee to me but more like swiss miss hot coco 😂

Mmmm.... I love the fairlife chocolate! And I've been putting the caramel Premier Protein in my coffee. :)

15 hours ago, ZeeGee said:

Mmmm.... I love the fairlife chocolate! And I've been putting the caramel Premier Protein in my coffee instead of flavored Creamer. :)

Brandy - my date is the 28th! :)

1 hour ago, brandycsiz said:

Thank you for posting this... I have my gastric Bypass sx on Nov 29th.. I am super nervous but know that I am going to get my life back and be able to do everything I have always wanted to do...

Edited by Meisha

23 minutes ago, Meisha said:

Mmmm.... I love the fairlife chocolate! And I've been putting the caramel Premier Protein in my coffee instead of flavored creamer. :)

Brandy - my date is the 28th! :)

welcome Meisha 🎉

that used to be my favorite flavor for coffee too… the 28th is fast approaching.

My costco keeps running out of Fairlife. I’ve been ordering from them online but it is a little bit more to have it shipped. I’ll have to try the cafe latte. I’ve been off Ozempic for a few weeks. Good news is that I haven’t thrown up for over a week a the bad news is that some of my hunger is coming back here at the end. I’m trying to drink Water and remind myself I’m already down 30 pounds from this month of preop (my wife and others have made comments about looking skinnier).

I’m still trying to mentally prepare for Monday. I actually read a few of the papers my surgeon wrote about bariatric surgeries and his view on the process. It was interesting. Tomorrow is my last day of work and I just want to get to it.

On 11/5/2023 at 6:04 PM, Meisha said:

Ugh. Sorry for the double posting. This site and my tablet don’t like each other.

How’s everyone doing? How are our post-op folks doing? Thanks for the update ChunkCat. Praying your tummy decides to cooperate and stops acting like an angry toddler.

How are our folks doing the pre-op diet doing? My date isn’t until after Thanksgiving so I’m still in the “food funeral” stage. 🤣

How are y’all handling the nerves? Every time I start getting those butterflies, I remind myself of what I’m looking forward to (tying my shoes without getting out of breath, not having to push the table away to get into a booth at a restaurant, getting rid of that d*** CPAP!).

I'm on Day ONE of my three-week long, 800cal/day, clear liquid + Protein Shake ONLY pre-op diet. 😩 To say that I'm already feeling in over my head is an understatement. From what I've read though, I should only have to deal with this ravenousness for about 4 more days or so before my body gets used to it. Hopefully, that time comes sooner than later.

I've started having the flutterbies for sure and have had moments where I consider if I'm strong enough to do this for another 20 days. But, I've been trying to stay focused on different YouTubes of people discussing their experiences and before/after pics -- that helps me keep my eye on the prize. 🤪

Sending strength to everyone else in this pre-op liquid hellscape, you are a champion! 💥

Hii all

I am finishing Day 3 of my 2-week pre-op

My pre-op is one week of low calorie foods + 4 puréed days + 3 liquid days.

I am excited and nervous for surgery on Nov 21!!!

4 hours ago, rootsbeforebranches said:

I'm on Day ONE of my three-week long, 800cal/day, clear liquid + Protein Shake ONLY pre-op diet. 😩 To say that I'm already feeling in over my head is an understatement. From what I've read though, I should only have to deal with this ravenousness for about 4 more days or so before my body gets used to it. Hopefully, that time comes sooner than later.

I've started having the flutterbies for sure and have had moments where I consider if I'm strong enough to do this for another 20 days. But, I've been trying to stay focused on different YouTubes of people discussing their experiences and before/after pics -- that helps me keep my eye on the prize. 🤪

Sending strength to everyone else in this pre-op liquid hellscape, you are a champion! 💥

YOU’VE GOT THIS!!! I am so proud of you! Don’t forget to give yourself grace, my friend. You’re taking big steps to big changes. I know you can do this!