Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2023 buddies

5 minutes ago, BoilerBob said:

I’m almost done with week three of preop diet and it has gotten better. I got stuck at the hospital yesterday with my son having a procedure and made it 6 hours without thinking too much about food. Halloween was a bit rough with all of the candy around. However I’ve been sticking to it knowing that changes are necessary. Down about 20 pounds so that helps too. Constipation is still an issue and I’m also getting a sweet taste in my mouth from what I’m assuming is all of the Protein Shakes. I can definitely see why on the long haul people look for unsweetened Protein powders.

Sorry to hear about your son. Hope he’s ok. 20 lbs is amazing!!! Woke up today with Constipation 😩

I’m on my full day at home pos op doing OK trying to get down some liquids, and Protein in my Soups. Other than that things are going well. I’m not having any nausea. It’s been a manageable process so far.

I'm home from the hospital now! Pain and nausea are present but manageable. The doctor gave me a medication to calm the stomach spasms I was having every time I drank something! I haven't started drinking Protein yet. Jello feels like a rock in my tummy so they said to hold off on the protein until the nausea has eased and I feel ready to try something denser than Water. The best thing by far has been popsicles!!

Glad you both are home!

So glad to hear you are both home and doing better. Hope you’re able to start the Protein Shakes soon. Much love to both of you ladies & well wishes.

Thank you everyone for the well wishes!! Being home is definitely better than being in the hospital! I hit my Fluid goal yesterday so I'm super proud of myself, although I did feel like I was floating at certain points. LOL I tried some Protein broth yesterday and it wasn't a good experience, so protein is still a no-go. I'll try Jello again today to see if it'll go down now if I let it melt in my mouth a bit. Popsicles are still the clear winner according to my stomach. Drinking from those little measuring cups really does help!

I took Miralax on Friday because my doc thought I was constipated. Well, that angered the gut gods and I've had diarrhea ever since, so....meh. At least I'm not blocked up I suppose. I've been able to swallow pills and keep them down with no issue, so I count myself lucky. The weirdest thing about surgery is that I woke up in the recovery room hungry and I've been hungry ever since. LOL I'm on a PPI so I know it isn't stomach acid causing the sensation, but wow does it make a liquid diet hard! I've never had much of an appetite before so it is a strange feeling and I swear when food ads come on TV I want to lick the screen. 🤣

Ugh. Sorry for the double posting. This site and my tablet don’t like each other.

How’s everyone doing? How are our post-op folks doing? Thanks for the update ChunkCat. Praying your tummy decides to cooperate and stops acting like an angry toddler.

How are our folks doing the pre-op diet doing? My date isn’t until after Thanksgiving so I’m still in the “food funeral” stage. 🤣

How are y’all handling the nerves? Every time I start getting those butterflies, I remind myself of what I’m looking forward to (tying my shoes without getting out of breath, not having to push the table away to get into a booth at a restaurant, getting rid of that d*** CPAP!).

1 hour ago, Meisha said:

Ugh. Sorry for the double posting. This site and my tablet don’t like each other.

How’s everyone doing? How are our post-op folks doing? Thanks for the update ChunkCat. Praying your tummy decides to cooperate and stops acting like an angry toddler.

How are our folks doing the pre-op diet doing? My date isn’t until after Thanksgiving so I’m still in the “food funeral” stage. 🤣

How are y’all handling the nerves? Every time I start getting those butterflies, I remind myself of what I’m looking forward to (tying my shoes without getting out of breath, not having to push the table away to get into a booth at a restaurant, getting rid of that d*** CPAP!).

Currently at the end of Day 4 pre-op liquid diet. First 3 days were hell but today was more manageable. It seems to be getting easier for me. Today we celebrated my daughter’s Birthday & I packed myself a shake & some SF Applesauce to take with me so I wouldn’t eat anything at the restaurant or Arcade.

I’m definitely loving all the weight I’m losing before surgery lol. Are you getting more excited everyday that passes by? I know I am!

Starting week three of my preop diet and one week out from surgery. Diet definitely did get easier once in it and very closely staying on it. Traveling the last few days which has been a little challenging but not too bad.

I’ve definitely got some nerves. I wake up about 5 AM some mornings and the brain just takes over a little.

Hope things keep progressing for everyone!

On 11/2/2023 at 9:32 PM, Sarah-inayear said:

November 16 and I just started my 2 week preop and it’s brutal! Would love to find someone who is also going thru it!

Mine started today. I think I overdid it with the food funerals last week, and now I feel like I'm starving, haha. I've heard the first 3-4 days are the worst, so hopefully you're over that hurdle now! I can't wait until I am.

4 hours ago, BoilerBob said:

Starting week three of my preop diet and one week out from surgery. Diet definitely did get easier once in it and very closely staying on it. Traveling the last few days which has been a little challenging but not too bad.

I’ve definitely got some nerves. I wake up about 5 AM some mornings and the brain just takes over a little.

Hope things keep progressing for everyone!

Traveling while having a strict regiment is tough but glad you got through it!

Your day is almost here and that's definitely something to be soooooo exited about so it's normal for the nerves to start presenting it's self lol

Sending blessings and positive vibes your way :)

Edited by ZeeGee
typo

6 hours ago, Milano said:

Hey friends Marie here 2 years post opp 269 to 144 ;) happy healthy life’s 😇

That's awesome Marie, congrats!!

I just started my 2-week pre-op diet today. My program makes us do 100% liquids only (with the exception of 3 dill pickles per day 🤣) for the whole 2 weeks, so I've been to the restroom what seems like 80 times already today 😂

It hasn't been too bad yet, thankfully. I had some weird gas pains going on earlier, but they seem to be gone now. I've heard Day 3-4 are the worst for most people, so I'm looking forward to getting past those.

So far I've had a "fruity Cereal milk" Orgain shake, "Horchata" and "Strawberries & Cream" TransformHQ shakes, and a tropical coconut Protein2O. Someone's lunch at the office smelled amazing, so I went for a little walk to avoid the smells 😅 Hopefully dinner time with my husband isn't too bad. I'm saving my 3 pickles for dinner so I have something to crunch on.

I hope everyone else is doing fantastic and for the post-oppers, that you're feeling better!! 💜