Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2023 buddies

@Chunkcat. I’m sitting in on my last meeting before heading home for the day to finish preparing for tomorrow! Good luck on your surgery tomorrow, will keep you in my prayers.

@Chunkcat. I’m sitting in on my last meeting before heading home for the day to finish preparing for tomorrow! Good luck on your surgery tomorrow, will keep you in my prayers.

3 hours ago, brandycsiz said:

I am so excited for you.. I cant wait to hear how it all went... Good Luck...

Thank you!! I'll be sure to post once my brain is clear enough!! ❤️

1 hour ago, Girltown46 said:

Excitement!!! Good luck to you, I'm keeping you in my prayers too! May we have the most boring, routine, chill surgeries ever!! ❤️

Best of luck Nov 1 folks!

Wishing all the 11/1 peep's much luck!!!

Today's the big day for some of you!!! 💜I am so excited for y'all - may you have uneventful, routine surgeries with no complications and fantastic recoveries, and may you achieve all the health goals you set for yourselves! Definitely keep the rest of us posted on how you're feeling and how things go, what you find does/doesn't work for you, etc.!

Someone asked earlier about good Water bottles without straws - I like my Nalgene 32oz bottles. I have one of the smaller-mouthed bottles and one of the larger-mouthed bottles (with a little insert that helps me not pour the whole darn thing down my top). I also have a ~70oz "Juggy" water bottle that came with a straw, but it can be removed. I like how, with the Nalgenes, I know that if I fill & drink them twice, then I've at least gotten the minimum 64oz of water per day that my program recommends. The Juggy is HUGE, but really useful for the days where I'm either running around or not able to fill multiple times, or if I'm being lazy and don't want to wander downstairs to the fridge for filtered water multiple times. 😂

As for leave, I'm unfortunately not eligible for FMLA at my job just yet as my one-year anniversary is the end of January. I did fill out similar paperwork "just in case", though. I do have an absolutely insane amount of vacation/sick PTO, so I will be using that to get paid for my 1.5 weeks completely off of work (a Wednesday through the next Friday; my surgery is the day before Thanksgiving here in the USA). I plan on working from home the 2nd full week, and then will likely return to my hybrid schedule (3 days in office, 2 days from home) after that. I'm lucky that I have a desk job that really just requires some walking. I've been extremely open with my HR person and immediate supervisor, so they both know what's going on! We've had at least one other person in my unit have WLS, so it's nice to not be the "guinea pig" for all this (and to have someone just upstairs that I can "talk shop" with).

Thank you everyone!! Surgery went well and Im in my room now... We are having a hart time controlling my pain and nausea, not unusual for me. Water is going down relatively easy though... I'll be here at least overnight!

48 minutes ago, ChunkCat said:

Thank you everyone!! Surgery went well and Im in my room now... We are having a hart time controlling my pain and nausea, not unusual for me. Water is going down relatively easy though... I'll be here at least overnight!

Sending you lots of positive thoughts for quick healing!

17 hours ago, ChunkCat said:

I hope today is a better day for you and you get to go home soon, Cat! Congratulations!

8 minutes ago, Sarah-inayear said:

November 16 and I just started my 2 week preop and it’s brutal! Would love to find someone who is also going thru it!

We are both the same day yaaaayyyy!!! I started my preop diet today as well and it’s not been fun!

I’m almost done with week three of preop diet and it has gotten better. I got stuck at the hospital yesterday with my son having a procedure and made it 6 hours without thinking too much about food. Halloween was a bit rough with all of the candy around. However I’ve been sticking to it knowing that changes are necessary. Down about 20 pounds so that helps too. Constipation is still an issue and I’m also getting a sweet taste in my mouth from what I’m assuming is all of the Protein Shakes. I can definitely see why on the long haul people look for unsweetened Protein powders.

5 minutes ago, BoilerBob said:

I’m almost done with week three of preop diet and it has gotten better. I got stuck at the hospital yesterday with my son having a procedure and made it 6 hours without thinking too much about food. Halloween was a bit rough with all of the candy around. However I’ve been sticking to it knowing that changes are necessary. Down about 20 pounds so that helps too. Constipation is still an issue and I’m also getting a sweet taste in my mouth from what I’m assuming is all of the Protein Shakes. I can definitely see why on the long haul people look for unsweetened Protein powders.

Sorry to hear about your son. Hope he’s ok. 20 lbs is amazing!!! Woke up today with Constipation 😩

5 minutes ago, BoilerBob said:

Sorry to hear about your son. Hope he’s ok. 20 lbs is amazing!!! Woke up today with Constipation 😩