Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August surgery buddies!

First preop appt and dietician appt done! Dietician said I should not worry about slow loss after surgery due to losing so much on the LSD (28lbs) that my first month is bound to be a little slower than I might have expected. She was very happy with my progress and cleared me to start purées today!

I’ve never been so happy to eat a scrambled egg in my life! And had some refried Beans for dinner. I was so afraid, after getting so hungry during the full liquid stage that maybe I had more room than I was supposed to, but that’s definitely not the case. 1 egg and a 1/4 cup of the beans were more than enough to fill me up at both meals. I couldn’t finish them!

I was also cleared to do a 15-20 minute walk once a day (easy pace, no getting out of breath) and it felt great to go out for a walk with hubby after work today. Got me hungry for dinner!

All in all, great visits with my team that helped me know I’m just where I should be and this is a long journey, not a race.

1 hour ago, amazingmimi said:

First preop appt and dietician appt done! Dietician said I should not worry about slow loss after surgery due to losing so much on the LSD (28lbs) that my first month is bound to be a little slower than I might have expected. She was very happy with my progress and cleared me to start purées today!

I’ve never been so happy to eat a scrambled egg in my life! And had some refried Beans for dinner. I was so afraid, after getting so hungry during the full liquid stage that maybe I had more room than I was supposed to, but that’s definitely not the case. 1 egg and a 1/4 cup of the beans were more than enough to fill me up at both meals. I couldn’t finish them!

I was also cleared to do a 15-20 minute walk once a day (easy pace, no getting out of breath) and it felt great to go out for a walk with hubby after work today. Got me hungry for dinner!

All in all, great visits with my team that helped me know I’m just where I should be and this is a long journey, not a race.

That all sounds excellent! Well done taking care of yourself. I, too, was so thrilled to start scrambled egg (singular) a few days ago. :D

I thought I would be happy to start Phase 3, nothing tastes good 🥺

4 weeks after sleeve surgery, had COVID 10 days into recovery which sent my body into a tailspin and landed me in hospital, thankfully no lasting damage and am starting to feel that boost in energy that people talk about.

Progress wise, 2 stone exactly down since surgery, (28 lbs, 12kg) and now just onto soft food. Had smoked salmon, a teeny bit of avocado and an egg this morning, for example.

I haven't worn this t shirt since 2018, had it at the back of my wardrobe in the vain hope it may fit one day. Truly never thought it would. Now I face the reality that I probably will have to send it to the charity shop (goodwill) in a few weeks, so I'm gonna enjoy wearing it for now. 2049845822_PXL_20220910_0816155952.thumb.jpg.1365b145b6ca6a4d0a8efa38a6351764.jpg

8 hours ago, callnutt said:

That will probably change in time. I find that my taste in food has changed somewhat. I no longer crave bread or chocolate, for instance. I went out to eat yesterday with people from work and had a chicken soft taco. Ate the chicken, which was fine. Had a tiny bite of the tortilla and I didn't like it. And I used to love tortillas.

I'm averse to more foods than I used to be, but meat still tastes good and agrees with me. But I know someone who had gastric sleeve a while ago and still can't eat meat. So, it's very individual. At least you are free from cravings, if nothing tastes good.

I'm so happy for you!! That first taste of refried beans and melted cheese is one of the things that will be forever burned into my memory...it was so good.

4 weeks after sleeve surgery, had COVID 10 days into recovery which sent my body into a tailspin and landed me in hospital, thankfully no lasting damage and am starting to feel that boost in energy that people talk about.
Progress wise, 2 stone exactly down since surgery, (28 lbs, 12kg) and now just onto soft food. Had smoked salmon, a teeny bit of avocado and an egg this morning, for example.
I haven't worn this t shirt since 2018, had it at the back of my wardrobe in the vain hope it may fit one day. Truly never thought it would. Now I face the reality that I probably will have to send it to the charity shop (goodwill) in a few weeks, so I'm gonna enjoy wearing it for now. 2049845822_PXL_20220910_0816155952.thumb.jpg.1365b145b6ca6a4d0a8efa38a6351764.jpg
Congrats!! The smoked salmon and avocado sounds amazing. Also, yay for the boosted energy!

Hi! I had bypass on 8/17 and finally getting the hang of this! I was in ER one week after surgery for impacted bowel. Then had major pain in my incision site a few days later. This week I had my meds too quickly and proceeded to throw up 13 times! It’s been crazy. I’m still not in a good routine yet. Does anyone have a good schedule that is working for them?

2 hours ago, lvanakin7798 said:

Hi! I had bypass on 8/17 and finally getting the hang of this! I was in ER one week after surgery for impacted bowel. Then had major pain in my incision site a few days later. This week I had my meds too quickly and proceeded to throw up 13 times! It’s been crazy. I’m still not in a good routine yet. Does anyone have a good schedule that is working for them?

6am I always have my first Calcium chew in the morning. Drink Water while getting ready 10oz

7:00am take a stool softener & Bupropion stop drinking water

7:30am Keto Toast with PB2 or yogurt

8:00-9:00am water 10oz

9:00-10:00am Fairlife shake

10:00-11:30am 12oz water

12:00pm lunch I tend to do the balance breaks cheese & wheat thins

12:30 multi Vitamin (I feel sick for an hour after taking but notice when I take around this time after lunch its not near as bad)

1:00-2:30pm 17oz water 2nd Calcium chew

2:30-3:30pm fairlife shake

3:30-5:00pm 17oz water

5:00 take 3rd Calcium chew & Bupropion as I leave work

dinner time always varies drink water when I can

before bed usually 10 ish 2 Iron chews and a Vitamin C tablet

its became such a habit to check the clock I never set timers

Hi Everyone! I was officially 1-month post op yesterday! I’ve been on soft foods for a while and they have been going fine until two days ago :(

I made some grilled chicken tenders and I tried some tiny bites yesterday and was in so much pain. My nose was running and I felt like I might throw up. I tried again today and it was even worse. Again, nose running and this time I did vomit and even though it was such a small amount of food, all this foam/slime came up. It was super gross. I’ve heard of “the foamies” before but was hoping I’d never get it. Here’s a good video about it: https://youtu.be/VQSAB41VSjw

Anyways, I have my 1 month appointment on Monday so it’s going to be my major topic to discuss. I’m worried something is wrong. Previously, I was able to tolerate chicken but now, no. It’s weird.

I’m down 32.5 pounds since my pre-op diet (20.7 after surgery) so I’m pretty happy with those numbers. I can tell a difference in my face and how my clothes fit.

Protein goals have been much easier for me on soft foods. I do a shake in the morning, food for lunch and dinner and throw in a Gatorade protein Water too. Plus regular water of course.

I don’t have any hunger cues anymore which is a weird feeling. I have to set timers to eat my meals otherwise I’ll forget.

On 09/09/2022 at 23:40, callnutt said:

Hang in there, I’m having a similar issue. Every day my taste buds seem to change their mind. I’m assured it will get better. Yesterday I had 1/2 a toasted whole wheat English muffin and an egg over easy… it was heavenly. When you find things your taste buds enjoy - savor them!

On 09/06/2022 at 10:53, SuziDavis said:

I am due in the next few days. This has been the worst for cravings, I am dreading the cramps...

All I can say is thank god for sugar free pudding, because it the one time of the month that I want something sweet.

I’ve have my period through 1/2 of my recovery now (I’m one month post op this Tuesday) and I’m not gonna lie, it hasn’t been fun between the cravings, cramps and insane hormones… I’m exhausted. It came the day before my surgery… lasted a week, came back again last week and I’ve still got it.

I’m trying to remind myself that this is a sign my body is getting better… the fat breakdown and hormone flood. I’m just hoping that my cycles start spreading out some. Once a month is enough.

11 hours ago, LookingForward22 said:

Hang in there, I’m having a similar issue. Every day my taste buds seem to change their mind. I’m assured it will get better. Yesterday I had 1/2 a toasted whole wheat English muffin and an egg over easy… it was heavenly. When you find things your taste buds enjoy - savor them!

Did you do okay? I've heard lots of people don't do well with bread items. It sounds wonderful!

On 09/11/2022 at 18:15, AliceFD said:

Did you do okay? I've heard lots of people don't do well with bread items. It sounds wonderful!

So far I have tolerated the 1/2 of English muffin. I toast it well, add a little butter (as allowed) and eat with the egg. I take small nibble bites and chew it up well.

On 9/8/2022 at 10:11 PM, KikyL said:

I'm 4 days late, and feel miserable!! Besides I'm bloated, my feet are swelling. I've been in the famous 3rd week stall, for 10 days. I decided not weight myself until monday, that is my follow up appointment with my surgeon...counting the days for soft food.

Mine Finally started and I have never had craps this bad in my entire life. I feel terrible. I hope its not as bad for you.