Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August surgery buddies!

On 9/3/2022 at 6:23 PM, karakent said:

Ladies, have any of you gotten your period since WLS. I think I’’m dying! Lol. I’m exaggerating of course but I am in sooooo much pain! I have not pain this bad since high school! I am taking Tylenol and using my heating pad but it does not feel like enough!

I am due in the next few days. This has been the worst for cravings, I am dreading the cramps...

All I can say is thank god for sugar free pudding, because it the one time of the month that I want something sweet.

14 hours ago, Ceeflower said:

Hello Everyone I’m Back Post Op my Surgery date was August 31st I feel great my Surgeon was Amazing she is one of the Top Docs in NYC I didn’t need pain medication after I left I had a two day stay My only Issues is getting in my H20 so now I’m trying to do at least 3 oz every 15 minutes between meals. Has anyone had to take injections to reduce blood clots? I have to take them twice Daily I am Severely Anemic not sure if that has anything to do with it but I hate needles and having to inject myself is NO BUENO other than that I have a lot of energy I have to stop myself from doing to much and let my body heal I’m used to always being on the go. also my sleep pattern is off I have to get into a nighttime routine I only sis one weigh in I will step on the scale Wednesday it will be one full week

I had to have shots against blood clots every night for ten days. I couldn't do it to my self, so my sister and my best friend took turns giving me shots.

I had bypass on 8/17! Hope you are doing ok!! I had some major Constipation the first week, then some pain around the incisions. Have felt very bubbly in the stomach. Can’t drink enough! But I’m trying to lose 60 lbs to get to my goal. Feel free to write back :)

12 minutes ago, lvanakin7798 said:

I had bypass on 8/17! Hope you are doing ok!! I had some major constipation the first week, then some pain around the incisions. Have felt very bubbly in the stomach. Can’t drink enough! But I’m trying to lose 60 lbs to get to my goal. Feel free to write back :)

Congrats on bypass! I had mine on the 19th. First week was not feeling so hot, but now I'm pretty good. The only issue is that at first I wasn't hungry at all and had to force myself to drink and now I'm starving every day. Like literally feeling so hungry and tired like I could pass out if I don't eat. I'm not sure of that is normal or not.

Graduated to soft foods today it feels nice, but I noticed I feel full quickly, but honestly no complaints here.

So what’s funny to me & my father whenever it’s “time to eat” or “I should be eating” I start to obsess about what food sounds tasty or reminisce about yummy food I had in the past. I literally google random recipes just to look at the pictures lol . Once I eat though the desire to dwell on past deliciousness is over it’s so odd to me!

Good morning from scorching hot San Diego!

360.0 now! That's exactly 25 pounds from when I started the liver-shrinking diet 2 weeks pre-op. All seems to be going well, but I didn't quite hit my Protein goal yesterday with 3 outings adding up to 6 hours of errands (note to self: grab a Protein Shake on the way out the door). Still learning. However, that was the only day, so I'm quite proud of hitting my protein and Water goals every other day.

My activity is really good as well, says my Apple Watch. ;) It's largely thanks to all the work packing/culling/donating for the move as well as errands.

Later this morning, the surgeon will call me for a follow-up. The nutritionist was supposed to call yesterday at 9:30 a.m., but she was a no-show with still no word, so I'll reach out to her by e-mail.

I got an awesome shipment from BariatricPal Store yesterday. They're going to come in really handy on my 5- to 6-day road trip. I don't know how I'll refreeze the ice pack though, but I can probably at least get it really cold in a motel bucket full of ice.

bariatricpal order.jpg

32 minutes ago, suzecate said:

Good morning from scorching hot San Diego!

360.0 now! That's exactly 25 pounds from when I started the liver-shrinking diet 2 weeks pre-op. All seems to be going well, but I didn't quite hit my Protein goal yesterday with 3 outings adding up to 6 hours of errands (note to self: grab a Protein Shake on the way out the door). Still learning. However, that was the only day, so I'm quite proud of hitting my Protein and Water goals every other day.

My activity is really good as well, says my Apple Watch. ;) It's largely thanks to all the work packing/culling/donating for the move as well as errands.

Later this morning, the surgeon will call me for a follow-up. The nutritionist was supposed to call yesterday at 9:30 a.m., but she was a no-show with still no word, so I'll reach out to her by e-mail.

I got an awesome shipment from BariatricPal Store yesterday. They're going to come in really handy on my 5- to 6-day road trip. I don't know how I'll refreeze the ice pack though, but I can probably at least get it really cold in a motel bucket full of ice.

bariatricpal order.jpg

I was looking at those stackable containers. I ended up buying a 12 pack of 4oz mason jars and plastic lids for $15...

Let me know how these are, I think the plastic would be better for day trips and things like that.

My surgery date was 8/29 anyone out here also had sleeve on the 29th?

On 09/03/2022 at 16:23, karakent said:

Ladies, have any of you gotten your period since WLS. I think I’’m dying! Lol. I’m exaggerating of course but I am in sooooo much pain! I have not pain this bad since high school! I am taking Tylenol and using my heating pad but it does not feel like enough!

I started yesterday, a week and a half early and omg the cramps! TMI but clotting too which I haven’t had since I had my son 22 years ago! You’re not the only one :(

10 minutes ago, heartofmercury said:

Today I'm 31 days post-op. I'm feeling stronger and healthier than before surgery! I still get tired easier, but I'm so grateful that I had this surgery.

That's great. Congrats!

I'm 30 days past surgery and still feel kind of weak. I get winded from walking and I fall asleep most afternoons after work. I am getting closer to my Protein goals, although my weight has stalled now for almost two weeks.

I'm not sure I'm glad I had this surgery.

That's great. Congrats!

I'm 30 days past surgery and still feel kind of weak. I get winded from walking and I fall asleep most afternoons after work. I am getting closer to my Protein goals, although my weight has stalled now for almost two weeks.

I'm not sure I'm glad I had this surgery.

Thanks. I just started feeling like I turned the corner this week. I've also been stalled.

A few days ago I called my younger cousin who had the sleeve 3 years ago and talked to her for a while. She let me vent and then told me that she felt like the weight loss was so slow and she was constantly worried she wasn't losing enough. Then one day she woke up and was 100 pounds down. She said not to stress and that the weight loss will happen.

Everybody heals differently. I hope your stronger, more energetic self is right around the corner too!

24 minutes ago, heartofmercury said:

Thanks. I just started feeling like I turned the corner this week. I've also been stalled.

A few days ago I called my younger cousin who had the sleeve 3 years ago and talked to her for a while. She let me vent and then told me that she felt like the weight loss was so slow and she was constantly worried she wasn't losing enough. Then one day she woke up and was 100 pounds down. She said not to stress and that the weight loss will happen.

Everybody heals differently. I hope your stronger, more energetic self is right around the corner too!

I've always been a slow loser and the scale is my nemesis. I'm considering just monthly weigh-ins, so I can look at it like your cousin. It does keep adding up over time, we're all impatient! And I've said before, we read these forums at there's some statistical outlier who loses a bazillion lbs in 3 weeks and we hope maybe this time it will be us!

On 9/6/2022 at 10:53 AM, SuziDavis said:

I am due in the next few days. This has been the worst for cravings, I am dreading the cramps...

All I can say is thank god for sugar free pudding, because it the one time of the month that I want something sweet.

I'm 4 days late, and feel miserable!! Besides I'm bloated, my feet are swelling. I've been in the famous 3rd week stall, for 10 days. I decided not weight myself until monday, that is my follow up appointment with my surgeon...counting the days for soft food.

I've always been a slow loser and the scale is my nemesis. I'm considering just monthly weigh-ins, so I can look at it like your cousin. It does keep adding up over time, we're all impatient! And I've said before, we read these forums at there's some statistical outlier who loses a bazillion lbs in 3 weeks and we hope maybe this time it will be us!
Yes! 100%! I wanted to lose over 25 pounds in the first month like other people have and it didn't happen