Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August surgery buddies!

I get to start stage 4 of the diet now. It feels good to eat things that actually need to be chewed!!!

On 09/12/2022 at 08:37, SuziDavis said:

Mine Finally started and I have never had craps this bad in my entire life. I feel terrible. I hope its not as bad for you.

Between the cramps and fatigue I have been a hot mess. Showing signs of slowing down so I’m hopeful that I’ll soon start to feel better and maybe then see some movement on the scale again when this wraps up.

Trying hard to remember this is a sign my body is getting healthier but in the last 4 weeks I’ve only had 7-10 days WITHOUT my period so I’m a little worried what the next few months will be like.

Hope you start getting some relief and feeling better soon.

1 hour ago, LookingForward22 said:

Between the cramps and fatigue I have been a hot mess. Showing signs of slowing down so I’m hopeful that I’ll soon start to feel better and maybe then see some movement on the scale again when this wraps up.

Trying hard to remember this is a sign my body is getting healthier but in the last 4 weeks I’ve only had 7-10 days WITHOUT my period so I’m a little worried what the next few months will be like.

Hope you start getting some relief and feeling better soon.

I feel for you! The worst part is feeling like this and not seeing any weight come off! Like what else can go wrong...lol.

Here's hoping we both get back on track ASAP!

On 09/12/2022 at 10:16, SuziDavis said:

I feel for you! The worst part is feeling like this and not seeing any weight come off! Like what else can go wrong...lol.

Here's hoping we both get back on track ASAP!

Right?!? Lol

My clothes are fitting better but no scale moment is stressful.

Hopefully we will both get through the healing stage and move on to progress soon.

Is anyone else feeling sleepy during the day and/or falling asleep after work?

I'm getting at least seven hours of sleep every night and more on the weekend, but I feel awfully sleepy in the afternoon and quite often I fall asleep on the couch sometime between 5 and 7 PM, even if I don't intend to.

I'm eating 4-600 calories per day and getting 40-60 grams Protein daily, so I feel like I should have enough energy to stay up. Now it's almost 10 PM and I have a headache and want to go to sleep, even if I didn't get up until 7:30 this morning AND took a nap in the afternoon.

Has anyone dealt with this and found a way to become more energetic and less sleepy?

Edited by Sunnyer

1 hour ago, Sunnyer said:

I'm getting at least seven hours of sleep every night and more on the weekend, but I feel awfully sleepy in the afternoon and quite often I fall asleep on the couch sometime between 5 and 7 PM, even if I don't intend to.

I'm eating 4-600 calories per day and getting 40-60 grams Protein daily, so I feel like I should have enough energy to stay up. Now it's almost 10 PM and I have a headache and want to go to sleep, even if I didn't get up until 7:30 this morning AND took a nap in the afternoon.

Has anyone dealt with this and found a way to become more energetic and less sleepy?

How far PO are you? Is there a calorie level your nutritionist recommends? Mine had me bump to 800, I'm eating 4 meals a day plus a snack. Every 3 hours I'm eating 2 oz of Protein + 2 oz of either veg, carb or fruit. Snack is greek yogurt w Protein Powder. Constantly putting calories in, 150ish at a time. I feel so full of energy last week, walking 40-60 minutes a day between 2 or 3 walks. Plus I'm just up off my butt so much more than I used to be.

I'd check w nutritionist, but maybe a little more calories?

Edited by ShelbyGeorge29

I am kinda out of it most of the time, and not sleeping worth crap.

9 minutes ago, ShelbyGeorge29 said:

How far PO are you? Is there a calorie level your nutritionist recommends? Mine had me bump to 800, I'm eating 4 meals a day plus a snack. Every 3 hours I'm eating 2 oz of Protein + 2 oz of either veg, carb or fruit. snack is greek yogurt w Protein powder. Constantly putting calories in, 150ish at a time. I feel so full of energy last week, walking 40-60 minutes a day between 2 or 3 walks. Plus I'm just up off my butt so much more than I used to be.

14 hours ago, Sunnyer said:

I definitely get tired faster, but can't sleep... 😭. Even at night I have trouble falling asleep now. I was warned that I would probably go through a period of feeling this way, so I am just waiting for the end of it.

Good luck! I had similar stats (5’2 220lbs) had surgery 4/2022 and down 40 lbs feeling great. Best decision ever.

On 9/12/2022 at 6:40 AM, SuziDavis said:

I get to start stage 4 of the diet now. It feels good to eat things that actually need to be chewed!!!

I thought I was going to lose my mind if I couldn't chew food soon. Thank the heavens and the gods above for real food once again! My go-to favs are chicken salad, grits and eggs with butter, and I've replaced the morning cuppa joe with a warmed-up Protein drink with real whipped cream. Following much more of a clean keto/low carb diet now. really focusing on my protein and Water. Life is much happier now :)

8 minutes ago, I Am Enough! said:

I thought I was going to lose my mind if I couldn't chew food soon. Thank the heavens and the gods above for real food once again! My go-to favs are chicken salad, grits and eggs with butter, and I've replaced the morning cuppa joe with a warmed-up Protein Drink with real whipped cream. Following much more of a clean keto/low carb diet now. really focusing on my Protein and Water. Life is much happier now :)

I couldn't kick my coffee, so I make my morning Protein with coffee instead of Water or milk. I made my own salted caramel foam, it was so good!!!!

I love my chicken salad and ground turkey. I haven't had any grits/cream of wheat/oatmeal yet. I have tried to avoid carbs as much as possible.

16 hours ago, ShelbyGeorge29 said:

How far PO are you? Is there a calorie level your nutritionist recommends? Mine had me bump to 800, I'm eating 4 meals a day plus a snack. Every 3 hours I'm eating 2 oz of Protein + 2 oz of either veg, carb or fruit. snack is greek yogurt w Protein powder. Constantly putting calories in, 150ish at a time. I feel so full of energy last week, walking 40-60 minutes a day between 2 or 3 walks. Plus I'm just up off my butt so much more than I used to be.

I had the gastric sleeve a month and four days ago. I did not get a calorie level recommendation from anyone, no.

Currently, I am eating every three or so hours, but I cannot stomach either protein powders or greek yogurt. So I eat mostly chicken, eggs, fish, ground beef and some veggies. Not a lot of fruit. Sometimes a half or a whole Protein Bar per day.

I cannot eat much more than around 40-50 grams of meat at a time. If I eat more I will throw up. So, I'm pretty much eating as much as I can. The only way to increase the calories would be with fruit juice or something like that, which is not on my list of recommended foods.

I had the gastric sleeve a month and four days ago. I did not get a calorie level recommendation from anyone, no.

Currently, I am eating every three or so hours, but I cannot stomach either Protein powders or greek yogurt. So I eat mostly chicken, eggs, fish, ground beef and some veggies. Not a lot of fruit. Sometimes a half or a whole Protein Bar per day.

I cannot eat much more than around 40-50 grams of meat at a time. If I eat more I will throw up. So, I'm pretty much eating as much as I can. The only way to increase the calories would be with fruit juice or something like that, which is not on my list of recommended foods.

Are you still taking an acid reducer? I read someone was having a lot of nausea weeks after surgery and when they added Prilosec it got much better.

On 9/12/2022 at 8:37 AM, SuziDavis said:

Mine Finally started and I have never had craps this bad in my entire life. I feel terrible. I hope its not as bad for you.

Soo sorry for your cramps, try a hod pad...for me a little bit of cramps, I´m on my fourth day, hopefully tomorrow is my last. Yesterday in the weight in at the doctors appt I gained three pounds 😭, thanks the heavens the surgeon is out of town, and I got his assistant. The first question she asked me was if I consumed any food with sugar or not authorized in the program (they are very strict with that), I told her no, then asked if I was on my period, when I answered yes, she explain that´s normal, don´t worry about it, and put a little note for the surgeon.

I'm on phase 4: soft food, eggs, and plantain, cassava puree, mozzarella and meat (without been grounded). I got to eat chicken breast and avocado in a restaurant for lunch yesterday, it was heaven, even though 95% of the plate went to a doggie bag.

6 hours ago, SuziDavis said:

I definitely get tired faster, but can't sleep... 😭. Even at night I have trouble falling asleep now. I was warned that I would probably go through a period of feeling this way, so I am just waiting for the end of it.

I wasn't warned about the insomnia, so I'm glad to hear that it's normal. I feel the same as you, tired but not sleepy.