Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2022 surgery?

2 hours ago, Darcell76 said:

My doctors office just called. I have to be there tomorrow morning at 5:30am. Surgery is scheduled for 7:30am. I’m so excited and nervous

Good luck you got this

On 5/25/2022 at 2:04 AM, okinc10 said:

I just got home last night. It sounds like you are doing great. I had a slow hard start of it.

How are you now? Things getting better?

5 hours ago, hende289 said:

I just had my 1st post op appointment 5/24/22 and the nurse told me to try and avoid the scale at all costs. She said that my metabolism will be doing all kinds of crazy things to adjust after the surgery. She promised to just follow the dieticians plan and get in some walking and weight will continue to fall off.

After being postponed twice with my surgery due to covid cases, I'm now rescheduled for the 27th of June. Reading all this about the scales and stalling I'm one that weighs herself everyday lol it's good that I've watched this video, such vital information for everyone having this sort of surgery for weight loss, thanks so much for sharing 🙏🙏🙏

Edited by Merill

On 05/26/2022 at 19:52, Merill said:

After being postponed twice with my surgery due to covid cases, I'm now rescheduled for the 27th of June. Reading all this about the scales and stalling I'm one that weighs herself everyday lol it's good that I've watched this video, such vital information for everyone having this sort of surgery for weight loss, thanks so much for sharing 🙏🙏🙏

Oh my, Merill: I am one to weigh myself everyday as well. I will have to watch the video and break the habit.

1 hour ago, Mariann812 said:

Oh my, Merill: I am one to weigh myself everyday as well. I will have to watch the video and break the habit.

Lol I totally agree Marianne I'm trying to break it and it's not going to be easy😂😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Merill said:

Lol I totally agree Marianne I'm trying to break it and it's not going to be easy😂😂😂😂

I am thinking of getting my husband to hide mine. 🤔 lol

Thanks for posting that video. I love the message. Trust the protocol!

On 5/20/2022 at 5:39 PM, redhead_che said:

I’m on the “notify” list for the sample pack they sell on this site. It’s sold out along with all the other packs of the same brand so it must be good!

For me it has a very chemical after taste that is off-putting, but it's such a good source of Protein in a small quantity that I am still using it, but as a smoothy base with a little Fairlife vanilla Protein Shake and plain greek yogurt. Since today I start soft foods, I am going to add a little banana. MUCH tastier this way!

Hi!! I'm new here! I was just released from the hospital yesterday! I had the gastric sleeve done on Tuesday the 24th. How is everyone doing?

16 minutes ago, Kim D B said:

Hi!! I'm new here! I was just released from the hospital yesterday! I had the gastric sleeve done on Tuesday the 24th. How is everyone doing?

Congrats surgery twin! Tuesday for my sleeve too.

I spent one night in and was released the next day. I'm doing my walking, getting the Protein and Water required. Pain is manageable with Tylenol and gabapentin.

How is it going for you?

On 05/26/2022 at 11:48, Lee anne said:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/NZiePpqSGuI?feature=oembed

Good video explaining it

That’s Chris McGowan. He’s in his own practice now, but used to be with the group I’m using. I screened with his practice but he does a ‘Gastroplasty’ not gastrectomy and insurance companies don’t cover it…yet. And, I think one can only expect tops a 50 lb weight loss with his procedure.
That being said, he is regarded as a top surgeon, and my family practice doctor mentioned him to me. As I said, he’s highly regarded and his former practice has the best of the best surgeons.
His advice is excellent. I remember watching this video about 5 months ago when first starting my research. Today I watched it and marveled at how calmly he speaks about the ‘stall’ and I had to wonder how many times he’s had to talk someone off the ledge when they have a stall after going through all this.

On 5/26/2022 at 6:09 PM, Dawdaw122 said:

Will that be weeks or months after pre assessment

On 5/26/2022 at 5:01 PM, Raw188 said:

How are you now? Things getting better?

Gas!

2 hours ago, okinc10 said:

Gas!

Oh! I'm so sorry! I've had some minor gas and that is bad enough.

I hope you work it out soon!

1 day post op. I was in so much pain yesterday none of the pain medication was working for me. I was able to drink without feeling nauseous. My Breakfast tray consist of Protein Shake, milk, veggie broth and decaffeinate coffee. I should be getting discharged today even though I’m still having pain

15 hours ago, Raw188 said:

Oh! I'm so sorry! I've had some minor gas and that is bad enough.

I hope you work it out soon!

little each day better.'