Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2022 surgery?

Having mine on Monday (31st) EEK!!!

44 minutes ago, jellybean1980 said:

Having mine on Monday (31st) EEK!!!

Good luck!

I work from home but only 4 hrs a day. I started back but definitely can tell when I have sat for 4 hrs. I stand up and my stomach sore. It's better. Today I went to the grocery and did not drink enough before going and I got weak. Ever get behind on drinking fluids it takes a while to catch up.

3 minutes ago, Bigdaddyjoe70 said:

Same here. Mine is on May 31.
Exited and scared too.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using BariatricPal mobile app

I had mine on the 24th. Excited and scared was the exact emotions I had.

Good luck to the 5/31 surgeries!
I’m off to the beach with my daughter for some of the Memorial Day weekend. DH is staying home with the dogs and her twin brother to do some fishing and golf.
My surgery is 6/8…5:30 am arrival to hospital and 7:30 surgery.
Thinking of all of you who are on deck for this week! You ALL have got this!
🏖🇺🇸🌊☀️😎

I had my surgery on May 25. I am learning how do this each day. I will talk with Nutritionist this coming week. I am still learning how not to eat so fast.

I had my post-op check up appointment today (at 11 days post-op) and I’ve been approved to move onto purées - I’m so excited!

Scouring this site and online generally for ideas; if anyone has any suggestions they enjoyed at this stage I’d love to hear them 😀

1 minute ago, Woodstock23 said:

I had my post-op check up appointment today (at 11 days post-op) and I’ve been approved to move onto purées - I’m so excited!

Scouring this site and online generally for ideas; if anyone has any suggestions they enjoyed at this stage I’d love to hear them 😀

Yay! I'm still a week away but can't wait.

I am really looking forward to some refried Beans and the ricotta bake.

I just had my surgery on the 26th, so I’m fresh off the table lol it’s been a struggle remembering to sip my liquids and get some walking in. Especially because I felt so tired and lethargic after the first couple of days. I feel a little more energized now though! Good luck to everyone else.

5 minutes ago, Strivingfor5K said:

I just had my surgery on the 26th, so I’m fresh off the table lol it’s been a struggle remembering to sip my liquids and get some walking in. Especially because I felt so tired and lethargic after the first couple of days. I feel a little more energized now though! Good luck to everyone else.

Congrats on your surgery! The first couple of days were tough for me too, the key thing is to take care of yourself, rest when you need to, it’s so important for your recovery.

Don’t obsess about walking, as long as you are moving about periodically you’ll be great. Each day for me came with a little more energy, and it was easier to get fluids in, then it was easier to walk, which gave me a bit of an appetite etc, etc. I promise you it’ll get easier - keep the faith & trust the process 😊

On 3/20/2022 at 10:40 PM, sugarbee24 said:

I haven't had my surgery yet. It is scheduled for April 12th but this site and the people here are so great. There is so much information here! I thought I had done a ton of research but hearing about real people and things they have encountered both good and bad has been very helpful for me. Good luck to all May surgeries [emoji171]

I agree had mind on May 24

Hi May Surgery 2022 well tomorrow is the big day for me, so why I get Bun/Creatinine results back and it is a 25. I am thinking I'm staying well hydrated, I use 2 apps helping me to and reminding me to drink Water, so I'm thinking what else could it be? Like they say no news is good news because my doctor haven't said anything about it. Any feedback?

Sent from my SM-G930U using BariatricPal mobile app

Congratulations you will be ok I would say it is hard the first week but you got to keep pushing because I am only 1 week in but it is all worth it

My surgery is scheduled for June 20th. What did everyone wear to the hospital?